Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Eimi posted:

That's a I dunno I am shocked that Captain Marvel took so long to get made, but I guess isn't her power level bigger than every other Avenger? Also I really hope they use the Muslim version of her. That'd be great.

Also aren't there very, very few female comic book heroes that are you know, actually heroic and appealing to women as opposed to sexy fapbait?

Marvel Nerd Bulletin: Ms. Marvel is more powerful than Superman. I want to see this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!

vanbags posted:

Can you list the pieces you're using here? Hopefully they aren't of the expensive cartel market variety.

Wow, sorry for not replying. Leave for a couple days and the thread moved. Currently down for maintenance so I can't get you the exact names, but..

Tranquil Mystic gloves, Battleworn Engineer's head, Blade Savant chest, belt would look better as Tranquil Mystic, and I'm not sure about the boots and pants offhand. I /think/ the boots are the Agile Battler's boots or something similar. The pants are one of the crafted level 56 pieces. It's the one with the tunic attached.

Sorry I can't be more helpful! Will edit when the game's up again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Corzen posted:

Marvel Nerd Bulletin: Ms. Marvel is more powerful than Superman. I want to see this movie.

Possibly. The Marvel execs were saying when they revealed the current plans for the rest of the Marvel franchise that they consider Captain Marvel the single most powerful hero on the roster and that she's intended to be on the cosmic side of the Marvel universe rather than Earth-bound.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Possibly. The Marvel execs were saying when they revealed the current plans for the rest of the Marvel franchise that they consider Captain Marvel the single most powerful hero on the roster and that she's intended to be on the cosmic side of the Marvel universe rather than Earth-bound.

That makes sense if they're going to make her into Pulsar. I'd still like to see a powerful Captain Carol Danvers. And unlike Superman's flipside Bizzaro, Ms. Marvel has Warbird. I want this movie.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Back on topic: I'd like to see what level 65 gear shows up on your Revan Hologram, Medullah. And the comms crystals cost.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eimi posted:

That's a I dunno I am shocked that Captain Marvel took so long to get made, but I guess isn't her power level bigger than every other Avenger? Also I really hope they use the Muslim version of her. That'd be great.

Also aren't there very, very few female comic book heroes that are you know, actually heroic and appealing to women as opposed to sexy fapbait?

The Muslim character is Ms. Marvel.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Corzen posted:

That makes sense if they're going to make her into Pulsar. I'd still like to see a powerful Captain Carol Danvers. And unlike Superman's flipside Bizzaro, Ms. Marvel has Warbird. I want this movie.

Is she as hokey as Superman? If it isn't obvious I'm not a big comic person, but Superman has always been boring because he's such a boy scout. Like is she powerful but not invincible like Superman?

Aphrodite posted:

The Muslim character is Ms. Marvel.

What's the difference between Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel? :confused:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Eimi posted:

Well see there's Captain Marvel who was also Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel who was the inspiration for Ms Marvel and Ms Marvel who has no connection to Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel who's a DC character.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Eimi posted:

Is she as hokey as Superman? If it isn't obvious I'm not a big comic person, but Superman has always been boring because he's such a boy scout. Like is she powerful but not invincible like Superman?

She's not hokey. She has issues, immense power, suffers with alcohol abuse, hangs out with her BFF She Hulk, and despite her flaws really kicks some cosmic rear end. And there is no difference between Cpt. Marvel and Ms. Marvel. She is one in the same. Captain Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel

Edit: If they use the teenage Ms. Marvel, then yes, that is a new reboot of the character after the original (mentioned above) was killed.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 20, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eimi posted:

One is a blonde white woman who used to be called Ms. Marvel, one is a teenage Muslim girl who has only ever been Ms. Marvel.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
What about Captain Marvel?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

He's called Shazam now and The Rock has been cast as the villain in his movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the one who fights The Rock.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Medullah posted:

Captain Marvel was never a man. :colbert:

That thing there looks like Shazam trying to look like he's not Super-Smarm

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Corzen posted:

She's not hokey. She has issues, immense power, suffers with alcohol abuse, hangs out with her BFF She Hulk, and despite her flaws really kicks some cosmic rear end. And there is no difference between Cpt. Marvel and Ms. Marvel. She is one in the same. Captain Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel

Edit: If they use the teenage Ms. Marvel, then yes, that is a new reboot of the character after the original (mentioned above) was killed.

Oh She Hulk, she's the awesome fourth wall breaking lawyer right? Why isn't she in a movie?

That explanation of the whole Ms. Marvel thing makes sense and is less confusing than I'd assumed it would have been.

Aphrodite posted:

He's the one who fights The Rock.

So Shazaam is the bad guy? :v: (He really looks evil as hell)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey now that's Captain Marvel from Kingdom Come, which is a badass version of him. :P

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

So Shazaam is the bad guy? :v: (He really looks evil as hell)

He's also actually a little kid who turns into Superman-with-lightning-powers if the Injustice game is anything to go by.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that particular picture is from a comic where he fought Superman.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

He's also actually a little kid who turns into Superman-with-lightning-powers if the Injustice game is anything to go by.

Okay I've watched a lot of anime in my time, but that might be the dumbest and creepiest thing I've ever read.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Eimi posted:

Okay I've watched a lot of anime in my time, but that might be the dumbest and creepiest thing I've ever read.

It was pretty rad, his taunts were all things an eight year old would say. It was fun having an apparently full-grown super strong man beat people up and exclaim "yeah, I'm super strong!" and "I have the power of magic!"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

waffledoodle posted:

It was pretty rad, his taunts were all things an eight year old would say. It was fun having an apparently full-grown super strong man beat people up and exclaim "yeah, I'm super strong!" and "I have the power of magic!"

I dunno Big always bothered me and that had the power of Tom Hanks. I mean that bit sounds funny and totally fits in with the character being a power fantasy for young kids at least.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

waffledoodle posted:

Honestly, the thing that jumped out to me was what if some very unfortunate and clueless [adult] person flirts with this goofy, fun-loving doofus of a[n adult] superhero? That poo poo was weird enough in Big.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Do space missions have much use beyond experience?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Corzen posted:

You realize that the Captain Marvel pictured there has been around since 1940 and used to outsell Superman when they were both at the peak of their popularity?

Eimi posted:

Oh She Hulk, she's the awesome fourth wall breaking lawyer right? Why isn't she in a movie?

Because she would work much better in a TV show.

Cythereal posted:

Honestly, the thing that jumped out to me was what if some very unfortunate and clueless [adult] person flirts with this goofy, fun-loving doofus of a[n adult] superhero? That poo poo was weird enough in Big.

In that case, the writer, who is in complete control of everything that occurs in the fictional universe they create, has written some creepy poo poo and should be prevented from publishing any of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Tossing up my referral... hopefully if I get one more, I can grab another Hypercrate before they all go off the market again.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Corzen posted:

You're forgetting Mar-Vell, the Kree dude who everyone only remembers for dying and then later Carol decided to take his name because she felt like a promotion.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Cythereal posted:

From what I've read, the reason Captain Marvel had to reveal his secret identity to the Justice League was because he was flirting with 14 year old girls and that kind of creeped people out. His defense was that he was really only 12 year old kid, so good for Billy Batson.

Nipponophile posted:

You realize that the Captain Marvel pictured there has been around since 1940 and used to outsell Superman when they were both at the peak of their popularity?

Yeah, The DC version of Captain Marvel used to be a big deal. So, when Gomer Pyle said Shazam instead of swearing, that was because he read a lot of comic books.

There was also a music legend that was a huge fan of Captain Marvel, and supposedly based his hairstyle on Captain Marvel Jrs hair style.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Fuzz posted:

http://www.swtor.com/r/TkMbdV

Tossing up my referral... hopefully if I get one more, I can grab another Hypercrate before they all go off the market again.
I think I'm able to use thing a referral code again. I'll give it a shot when I get home because I don't have my authenticator at work and can't log in from here :v:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mercurius posted:

I think I'm able to use thing a referral code again. I'll give it a shot when I get home because I don't have my authenticator at work and can't log in from here :v:

Sweet! I think I might still end up a little short, but maybe someone else will use it and then I can fill the guild vault with garbage items A GENEROUS SELECTION OF FINE ARMORS.

Also please tell me The Rock is playing Black Adam, because he seriously is one of the coolest DC villains.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well, just finished my alt Inquisitor storyline right before the world ends in a few hours, though he's only 49. If the post-50 content is generally the same I'll probably only play through it once with my Operative anyway (oh god I completely forgot how to play this class and all these keybinds are different and why is my cargo hold filled to capacity with crafting materials, gifts, and green armor)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Fuzz posted:

Also please tell me The Rock is playing Black Adam, because he seriously is one of the coolest DC villains.

He is.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

You're forgetting Mar-Vell, the Kree dude who everyone only remembers for dying and then later Carol decided to take his name because she felt like a promotion.

Yes, technically she was the third Captain Marvel. But Carol Danvers was Captain Marvel for almost 30 years, so she's the default Captain Marvel for Marvel comics.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 20, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

All I really want tomorrow is to open my cargo bays and have the "sort" feature work to somehow make mats easier to organize.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

So maybe people who know more about MMOs can answer this, but can we start downloading the patch? They give a time for the servers going down and coming back up, will we have to wait until they're back up to start downloading? Because those patches and the installation always take a long-rear end time and I'd like to start on the process ASAP.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrakkorzog posted:

Yes, technically she was the third Captain Marvel. But Carol Danvers was Captain Marvel for almost 30 years, so she's the default Captain Marvel for Marvel comics.

Carol has only been Captain Marvel since the DeConnick book launched five or so years ago. She's the default Captain Marvel because she's the one Marvel has decided to make a movie about.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Medullah posted:

All I really want tomorrow is to open my cargo bays and have the "sort" feature work to somehow make mats easier to organize.

And legacy storage
:agreed:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Moon Slayer posted:

So maybe people who know more about MMOs can answer this, but can we start downloading the patch? They give a time for the servers going down and coming back up, will we have to wait until they're back up to start downloading? Because those patches and the installation always take a long-rear end time and I'd like to start on the process ASAP.

If you've turned off Bitraider for the client, there's a program someone wrote to find and download the patch files where the launcher will expect to find them. This will probably work and the patch files have been accessible for most of the day already.

If you haven't turned off Bitraider, the launcher will maybe be able to update shortly after the servers go down. You can't use the patch files from the servers directly because Bitraider has its own way of doing things.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So I am reinstalling this dumb game, completely by accident, after not playing since December of 2011. Is there a way I can use that seven days of subscription code to scam access to the expansions and that free power-levelling token? Or would I actually have to pony up cash at some point?

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.
Not entering the contest (I already have the Togruta unlock!) but wanted to post my new marauder here anyway.

I don't normally go for the "skimpy" looks since fanservice is loving stupid but I kinda like it in this case. Maybe because it's a refreshing change of pace from the "armored colossus" look that my Juggernaut has had since forever.

Going to replace the blood red saber crystals with white-yellow-orange ones once I can craft them :v:

Meanwhile, I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everybody for the umpteenth time that light side warrior is pretty freaking cool. I'm only on Dromund Kaas and I'm already really enjoying it.

Kinger fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did you guys know the original trilogy movies are really good?

• Locked thread