Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Also remember that Illumirage is in BOSH and it can run right over Cyber Dragon Infinity in most cases.

The more I look at Illumirage, the more I fall in love with it. It's such a great card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It can suicide Infinity if it has 1 Xyz material. It can't kill it with two. Remember that Illumirage affects itself so basically has 700 ATK.

E: I hosed up the maths. It suicides with 2 materials.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You can suicide it with two materials and then go into your big plays in Main Phase 2.

Illumirage is great. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

We just got tons of new info on upcoming Japanese products.

The D/D Structure deck is going to be AMAAAAZING: http://ygorganization.com/ocg-pendulum-domination-stuff/
More Raid Raptor stuff, yawn: http://ygorganization.com/ocg-more-ruri/
The upcoming movie will feature Lemon Magician Girl, Apple Magician Girl, and a weird Kuriboh thing: http://ygorganization.com/magimagimagiciangirlwillnevercome/
New Gaia Fusion, which is neat, but gently caress THE NEW EXODIA SUPPORT SO HARD: http://ygorganization.com/itstime/

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
The new exodia support looks like it'll make exodia fun to play, instead of gay solitaire stall poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Don't care, hate Exodia. :argh:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Kaiba please. You're getting a new maiden to summon your blue-eyes even faster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

AHH I JUST SAW THAT.

http://ygorganization.com/kisaragrownup/

AHHH.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lisandra_brave posted:

The new exodia support looks like it'll make exodia fun to play, instead of gay solitaire stall poo poo.

Run more Decree/Effect Veilers.

Also, the support is absolutely terrible. If the new Exodia monster gained 2000 attack per piece, it'd be worth it.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Just run yuki usagi and pop it during the ep, since its effect is mandatory.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lisandra_brave posted:

*spits out drink*

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

"Super Quantum Mecha Pilot" for the Wing Raiders new XYZ archetype.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

"Super Quantum Mecha Pilot" for the Wing Raiders new XYZ archetype.

Digging it.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone explain to be how Ptolemaeus is used to abuse Outer Entity Azathoth? I see it mentioned repeatedly as why Ptolemaeus was banned in the OCG.

I'd have thought the main Azathoth play would be instant fusion -> noden -> noden summons a lvl 4 synchro -> overlay nyarla -> overlay Azathoth.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

Can someone explain to be how Ptolemaeus is used to abuse Outer Entity Azathoth? I see it mentioned repeatedly as why Ptolemaeus was banned in the OCG.

Cyber Dragon Infinity and Constellar Pleiades are why Ptolemaeus got banned.

Who's telling you that Azathoth is the reason? Japan only got Azathoth like a week before the ban happened.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nyarla's a much easier way of going into Azathoth. People just use it to seal the kill with its monster effect lockdown I think.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

Cyber Dragon Infinity and Constellar Pleiades are why Ptolemaeus got banned.

Who's telling you that Azathoth is the reason? Japan only got Azathoth like a week before the ban happened.

In a thread on Reddit about CDI coming out in the TCG. People are arguing that CDI coming out isn't going to cause ptol to be banned because ptol was banned because of its abuse with Azathoth. I don't have an exact link unfortunately.

Ptolemaeus tripling in price because CDI was announced is pretty hilarious.

E: Just read the card text more closely. I'm guessing it isn't because of the nuke effect of Azathoth, but rather the "your opponent cannot activate monster effects for the rest of the turn" component. Detaching three from ptol to summon Azathoth and disable monster effects sounds pretty crazy good against EMEm, combined with shock master blocking spells that is an effective instant win.

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Those people are dumb and shouldn't talk about metagames they don't know anything about. Azathoth had nothing to do with Ptol being banned.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

I'd have thought the main Azathoth play would be instant fusion -> noden -> noden summons a lvl 4 synchro -> overlay nyarla -> overlay Azathoth.

It's for the fact that your opponent can't use monster effects the turn Azathoth is summoned. You summon him during your opponent's DP, they're hosed. It is absolutely a reason that ptol was a problem card.

CDI was the only thing that ptol needed to be three mat for. Two mats, plus its EP effect would mean that you could drop Azathoth or pleiades for almost no investment. Couple that with shockmaster and you've got a hell of a lock with little investment.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 17, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7us_fZ8Nqw

Goyo. :argh:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'm utterly unsurprised. What did you expect to happen when you give someone a way to put three level 3 synchros on field with little investment?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Please don't post azneyes videos without a trigger warning.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You can mute the video and still see the combo.

AznEyes is an awful person, but I still watch his poo poo because he usually takes the time to explain combos and how/why they work, instead of just putting up a sped-up YGOPro replay with awful music over it.

Lisandra_brave posted:

I'm utterly unsurprised. What did you expect to happen when you give someone a way to put three level 3 synchros on field with little investment?

Defender is a dumb card and I can't wait to see what other ways people find to break it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

You can mute the video and still see the combo.

AznEyes is an awful person, but I still watch his poo poo because he usually takes the time to explain combos and how/why they work, instead of just putting up a sped-up YGOPro replay with awful music over it.

Defender is a dumb card and I can't wait to see what other ways people find to break it.

Please stop giving him views, and thus ad revenue.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jumping in on the AznEyes hate train. His videos are insufferable. Clickbait YGO.

Actual content edit: are there any good Yugitubers? I'm fond of YGO4RealMen but I think its stopped updating?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Cabinet posted:

Jumping in on the AznEyes hate train. His videos are insufferable. Clickbait YGO.

Actual content edit: are there any good Yugitubers? I'm fond of YGO4RealMen but I think its stopped updating?

I'm fond of Cimoo and Lithium2300. Cimoo for his in depth tech videos (if you can handle his hyper-enthusiasm), and Lithium2300 for his cross banlist duel videos

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lithium2300 is the best I've seen by a fairly wide margin. I used to follow TheDuelLogs, but he heavily sacrifices playing well in favor of making GBS threads out content like crazy. Oh, and Tainted Wisdom is neat for showing off crazy impractical combos, but you won't learn anything from watching them other than why certain cards are banned.

I'd love to see some goon-generated "Yugituber" content to counter some of the dregs out there.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 19, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
I could try to set up a goon-yugitube, I also stream duelnetwork sometimes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Cimoooooooo (Exactly 8 o's, just full of energy in his videos, though some, like his early banlist videos, are plain awful) and AlintheaYoh (European player, judge, very experienced, and well though-out videos. Awesome deck profiles. Has started to sell out a bit recently, but still a good guy) are quite nice.

Depending on your tolerance, I usually enjoy MegacapitalG (Though he has trouble reading half of the time), and XUnderGroundMembersX (unusual sense of humor and unique videos, but like button whores, though I personally love them).

Azneyeswhitedragon (or Slaydra as he goes by now) was decent a couple of years ago, but now it's all memes and streams...completely unawesome.

You can also check out House O' Champions or TheCardGuyz for professional players and their decks, profiles, etc.

Edit: Also, watch out for Kozmo Kings, now.

Double Edit: Can't believe I forgot to mention GalacticGod (He's pretty chill, nice, simple videos), and Yugimation, who has some cool videos.

If you are into product openings, JRBjobber is your best bet. He's somewhat gotten onto the "meme" train as of late, and is somewhat of a sellout, but he has a fun-loving personality, and does a good range of product, including trade binders and such for all of the jealous nerds online to be angry over (He's heavily involved in selling product, so that's why).

Julias fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 19, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKEhUostEIM

Goyo Defender looking good you guys! :getin:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Personally I'm more excited for Last Strix infinite looping with Begone Knave. Sometimes I get the feeling they don't run some of these cards through any playtesting at all.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Has there been a Last Strix loop not dependent on Begone Knave discovered yet? Otherwise, I'm not that scared.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

you definitely want dweller and emeral. emeral is important when you go through all of your constructs, which can happen a lot in the kozmo matchup. dweller is for grave stuff like BA and the mirror, also anoyatillis.

stick to 1 (max 2 if you really like it) trick clown. it kinda sucks to draw them sometimes.

foolish is definitely a staple, I'd find room for it.

yeah if you don't see yourself going into masquerade a lot you can drop it. you can el shaddoll through nekroz of valkyrus so you don't need to commit 3 level 4s to just get through valk.

keep 2 winda as you're not always going to see light monsters and winda is the next best thing to make when you have anoyatillis out. (shekinaga being the first so they can't go into an R4 to deal with anoyatillis)

MST > fairy wind, but I mained 2 shaddoll dragon for a regional last weekend and it hardly bothered me as the flip effect came in handy a lot. thus I felt like I didn't need it for the qliphort MU.

Took suggestions on board and took my deck to locals. Dropped book and move denko to the side, and added in foolish and mind control. I only drew into mind control once in the nekroz matchup, and it got trishula'd. I'm undecided on keeping it in or swapping it for a third squamata (if I do then mind control is going into the side). Foolish I ran into a few times and it was always useful. I took out masquerade for Abyss Dweller, and I am glad I did. It was crazy useful in the Nekroz match to stop them from getting back their ritual spells, and making it with noden makes it a more useful 2200 beater.

I'm thinking of dropping 1 instant fusion and 1 noden (I can recycle my noden with emeral quite easily) to fit in glow up bulb and naturia beast, and probably drop 101 for a trish because I never make it. I'm thinking this mostly because I got a synchro trishula as collateral in a trade :v:

I came first at locals undefeated and won a bunch of High Speed Raiders and Astral Packs, so thanks for the help!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Just a heads up, Naturia Beast isn't really good in Shaddolls, because it requires both an Earth Tuner AND Earth non-Tuners, meaning you pretty much need Glow-up Bulb + Hat Tricker/ Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness. You can playtest it, but It won't come up very much. Dropping 101 is a good idea, though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

^Just a heads up, Naturia Beast isn't really good in Shaddolls, because it requires both an Earth Tuner AND Earth non-Tuners, meaning you pretty much need Glow-up Bulb + Hat Tricker/ Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness. You can playtest it, but It won't come up very much. Dropping 101 is a good idea, though.

I'm aware beast is a pain to get out. I don't really like the effort to get it out, but it is an effective win condition versus nekroz and they're the deck to beat. If I get both GUB and damage juggler in grave then that is a guaranteed Naturia Beast (fuse damage juggler with a Shaddoll for construct and send GUB with mathematician or foolish).

I feel like it would be a bit wasted to run GUB just for Trishula too, but Trishula would feel wasted if I need to go for a weird hog/falco/squamata play or something involving veiler to get it out.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/tcg-majespecters/

I will never understand TCG name changes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh hey, looks like we missed this too.

Kozmo Lightsword
Equip Spell
Equip only to a Psychic-type "Kozmo" monster. It gains 500 ATK and DEF. It can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can pay 800 LP; add this card to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Kozmo Lightsword" once per turn.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lightsword is good. It ensures that Farmgirl can get her battle damage in, and gives her potentially two (!!!) searches per turn.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Rafflessia confirmed for BOSH.

This set is going to be insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

Rafflessia confirmed for BOSH.

This set is going to be insane.