Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

almost1337 posted:

Toss our now useless comms officer into the shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

almost1337 posted:

This + Captainsarcastic

J.D.Salinate
May 18, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Drag the owl, the human, and the discobot up to the bridge for a photo-op as we introduce ourselves to the aliens as Space Fleet, a progressive and multispecies organization devoted to protecting the galaxy from the Sexless Threshers. Explain that we need all the help they can give us in order to battle the threat posed to all sentient life by the Sexless Threshers, then milk them dry of everything they have of value and blow out of the system.

This is very important.

[edit]:
OR, we just toddle to the far edge of the system, nice and quiet, then turn around and get loose as balls with the beam cutter. Just wipe them shits all over the shop and leave behind a mess of planets and alien bits so thick that even the Sexless Threshers will take days to blast through it all. gently caress 'em. All of 'em. You know that story about the scorpion and the frog? Yeah, it goes: One day a frog carried a scorpion and then they both got eaten by a goddamned crocodile.

Just a thought.

J.D.Salinate fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 18, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Drag the owl, the human, and the discobot up to the bridge for a photo-op as we introduce ourselves to the aliens as Space Fleet, a progressive and multispecies organization devoted to protecting the galaxy from the Sexless Threshers. Explain that we need all the help they can give us in order to battle the threat posed to all sentient life by the Sexless Threshers, then milk them dry of everything they have of value and blow out of the system.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This, but boost the production values - splice in shaky GoPro footage of our glorious victories and include a suitably bombastic soundtrack.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
INVADE!!

Use Communications officer and 3 redshirts as the spearhead.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Asterios posted:

Something tells me the people of Media love a good story.

Once we crack their language, let's broadcast that there's a giant interstellar death fleet coming. Send them footage of our battles, interviews with the Discobot, Owl & Human, whatever proof we can. For once, let's try to be honest.

Then, let's tell them that if they can provide us resources, we can complete our superweapon: the mighty twin "La'ater Loasers."

If we can just get enough energy, ore, snacks, women and fun games to play, we can stop the enemy from overrunning their system. We can save Media. And THEY'LL be heroes, too!

I'm pretty sure you can all figure out what we do next.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Ponderous Saxon posted:

This, but boost the production values - splice in shaky GoPro footage of our glorious victories and include a suitably bombastic soundtrack.

It seems to me that we have three great ideas here that we could roll into one FANTASTIC idea! :getin:

Create a badass video, use our "multicultural" crew to sell it to the system, take the stuff they give us to aid in their salvation, and book it the gently caress out to the Void Nebula with several days to spare. (Once again, Void Racers, not Void Custer's Last Stand here)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This looks like the thing to do. and since we've got the crew and slaves we'll be able to pull it off I think. I'll scan in the correct pages to make this happen.

Zarin posted:

It seems to me that we have three great ideas here that we could roll into one FANTASTIC idea! :getin:

Create a badass video, use our "multicultural" crew to sell it to the system, take the stuff they give us to aid in their salvation, and book it the gently caress out to the Void Nebula with several days to spare. (Once again, Void Racers, not Void Custer's Last Stand here)

I like the way you think but trying to lay plans more than one step in advance never really works well in these games, mainly because of all the treachery and general unpleasantness.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Don't waste the hull kit for one lousy point.

Instead of one video, have SuGaBa generate a whole season of Trekstar Cloactica™, featuring our multiracial crew in valiant adventures. Give the aliens a day to binge on it. Arriving as heroes, we will distract them at Cloacti-Con™ while we take every worthwhile resource and slave.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Derek Dominoe posted:

Instead of one video, have SuGaBa generate a whole season of Trekstar Cloactica™, featuring our multiracial crew in valiant adventures. Give the aliens a day to binge on it. Arriving as heroes, we will distract them at Cloacti-Con™ while we take every worthwhile resource and slave.

I hereby propose a formal 24 hour hold to this thread while we all generate as many script pages as possible.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Derek Dominoe posted:

Too late, it's been wasted (sort of, it's good to have an intact hull).
Even SuGaBA can't produce quality television at that rate!

Asterios posted:

I hereby propose a formal 24 hour hold to this thread while we all generate as many script pages as possible.

We can't stop here, this is croc country!

Update
Paragraph 287:

We have the whole set of crew, so we go for the scam option on 546:

Suckers. What's the next move?

No change to the adventure sheet this time.

almost1337 posted:

This is a horrible idea for reasons that will quickly become apparent later on but if people agree with this in general we can do it. It's one way to get rid of the comms officer, anyway.

No change to the Starship manifest for the time being.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 19, 2015

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I thought we had pretty much decided on relegating a Valet to the shuttlecraft.

And I think we need to dock at the orbital shipyard and start sucking the Bijoux dry.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Let's exchange intelligence. They knew about the Sexless Threshers before we even arrived -- maybe they have a clue how to hurt them, or slow them down. We can give them footage of our homeworld's destruction in trade for whatever they've got.

Let's propose this intelligence exchange at one of Media's finest strip clubs.

Second option: if SuGaBa gave them hyperdrive schematics, how long would it take them to replicate the tech? A Battlestar-style FTL ragtag fleet would give bad guys new targets to focus on. Also, in our feudal system, a new low rung of society could pull our Caimen brethren out of abject poverty.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Asterios posted:

Second option: if SuGaBa gave them hyperdrive schematics, how long would it take them to replicate the tech? A Battlestar-style FTL ragtag fleet would give bad guys new targets to focus on. Also, in our feudal system, a new low rung of society could pull our Caimen brethren out of abject poverty.

We would need SuGaBa to devise a remote kill switch on their jump drives so we can take a mobile speed bump with us.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Asterios posted:

Let's exchange intelligence. They knew about the Sexless Threshers before we even arrived -- maybe they have a clue how to hurt them, or slow them down. We can give them footage of our homeworld's destruction in trade for whatever they've got.

Let's propose this intelligence exchange at one of Media's finest strip clubs.

This.

Then we'll use this planet as bait and sex the sexless threshers.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Al Borland posted:

This.

Then we'll use this planet as bait and sex the sexless threshers.

I'm on board

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fleece the Bijoux for all they're worth and then some.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

the_steve posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

the_steve posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

the_steve posted:

Fleece the Bijoux everyone and everything for all they're worth and then some.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I say we have SuGaBA learn as much about the Sexless Threshers as possible while we're being repaired as well. A little knowledge in the hands of our capable computer could tip the odds in our favor. And, of course, we will need to take all the trinkets the Bijoux have to offer!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Looks like we'll be running the old "we come in peace" grift on these guys. I'll scan in the relevant pages in a bit.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Is that Space Tits' species with the jewel faces? If so, hire Space Tits to join your crew.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Wait... If they already know about the threshers, why wouldn't they know about us?

Why do they have an appropriately sized space dock, but no big ship?

My cold blooded brain smells a funk.

it's a trap

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sanguine posted:

it's a trap

I don't know how you get around the universe being so suspicious of everyone you meet! Some of these aliens are just cool you know.

Update
Last page complete:

We'll try to fleece them (236):

And we restrain ourselves for now (482):

Here we have three options, which one do we pick?

The minimum deal, the maximum deal, or the maximum with benefits?

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 20, 2015

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Sanguine posted:

Wait... If they already know about the threshers, why wouldn't they know about us?

Why do they have an appropriately sized space dock, but no big ship?

My cold blooded brain smells a funk.

it's a trap

Why are they in a full environment suit on their own planet?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Poland Spring posted:

Why are they in a full environment suit on their own planet?

Usually it'd be something along the lines of "because aliens", but there are actual reasons for that which should become clear unless we screw everything up.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gilganixon posted:

I don't know how you get around the universe being so suspicious of everyone you meet! Some of these aliens are just cool you know.

Update
Last page complete:
[/url]

We'll try to fleece them (236):

And we restrain ourselves for now (482):

Here we have three options, which one do we pick?

The minimum deal, the maximum deal, or the maximum with benefits?

As tempting as the Seraglio is, I'm not sure other crew can be trusted to not rip off face gems, and also it sounds like it could be a trap. The Bijoux seem a little more on point than I would've expected.

I think I vote for the maximum deal, since it seems like it gets us a lot of stuff and leaves a bigger window for cutting and running when the time is right.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Maximum deal, no benefits. Space tits will make the crew too complacent, and they need to be on their guard since the Bijoux could still be hiding something.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Are we trusting them to install the new tech? What if they install a safety measure that disables us if we try to cut and run?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Raptor1033 posted:

Are we trusting them to install the new tech? What if they install a safety measure that disables us if we try to cut and run?

I'm thinking that SuGaBa will vet components before they are installed, or we can order it be done. Good point, though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Minimum deal.
UNLESS there's a way we can be lying our scaly asses off, in which case, Maximum with Benefits.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

HBar posted:

Maximum deal, no benefits.

This, but cut and run once the grubs get close.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Max deal, no bene. I'd also like to say that SuGaBA needs to keep on top of everything going on with the upgrades and what not to avoid a situation where they are gonna backstab us and make their own escape. In fact, the less contact we allow them with the Supergalactic the better. I don't trust these bejeweled fuckers.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Max deal with benefits, then cut and run.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

EvilTaytoMan posted:

We just wouldn't be properly playing duplicitous space crocs if we didn't jump at the chance of alien poon.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When do we find the water level with the hidden space treasure???

• Locked thread