Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA's releasing a Yokai Watch 2DS bundle alongside the game on November 6, $100:

Oh wow. I actually thought they were trying to quietly kill off the 2DS's, because they've certainly not been on store shelves in Australia as of late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, they have. They aren't even being produced anymore, but they still have a big stock around especially in the US. Add in the fact it's the perfect vehicle for a cheap "Yokai Watch machine" (assuming the anime takes off) and this is a pretty brilliant move from NOA since it promotes the platform, the game, and gets rid of the unsold stock all in one go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, they have. They aren't even being produced anymore, but they still have a big stock around especially in the US. Add in the fact it's the perfect vehicle for a cheap "Yokai Watch machine" (assuming the anime takes off) and this is a pretty brilliant move from NOA since it promotes the platform, the game, and gets rid of the unsold stock all in one go.

Yeah, I totally get why given the choice they'd go with 2DS in the bundle just so all the wee kiddies can play without the 3D burning their eyes out and save the parents some money. Just surprised that they'd still be actively pushing the 2DS after trying to clear them.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend and I were looking forward to playing the Zelda demo this weekend only to realize that apparently it won't let you play with a friend in the demo? loving Nintendo does the stupidest poo poo sometimes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, I totally get why given the choice they'd go with 2DS in the bundle just so all the wee kiddies can play without the 3D burning their eyes out and save the parents some money. Just surprised that they'd still be actively pushing the 2DS after trying to clear them.

I don't think you read what I said: this is them clearing out stock in a smart way. 2DS production ended a while ago. They aren't pushing that model. They are getting rid of them. There was a big price cut a month or two ago and that doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

If you meant "why aren't they using the Nu3DS?" you run into two logical problems: it would not be possible to sell it at $100 and the US does not have a stockpile of small Nu3DSes in the first place.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

PantsBandit posted:

My friend and I were looking forward to playing the Zelda demo this weekend only to realize that apparently it won't let you play with a friend in the demo? loving Nintendo does the stupidest poo poo sometimes.

You can play with friends via Local play still. You'll need 3 people in total though.

The weekend event was a stress test more than anything else.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

glassyalabolas posted:

You can play with friends via Local play still. You'll need 3 people in total though.

The weekend event was a stress test more than anything else.

Which is fine and all but why restrict the ability to find friends online? What possible downside could that have for them? It's not like I'm going to play the 4 levels in the demo with a friend and just decide that yup that's enough for me not going to bother buying the full game.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
How is Etrian Mystery Dungeon? It's on sale now.

Or should I just wait for the Pokemon one next month if I am in the mood for a punishing mystery dungeon game

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Or should I just wait for the Pokemon one next month if I am in the mood for a punishing mystery dungeon game

Really good Mystery Dungeon game that feels like it flew totally under the radar. Gameplay of a Mystery Dungeon game with the customization and party elements from Etrian Odyssey alongside a couple other minor gimmicks. You can also make a wanderer and name him Shiren and solo stuff and pretend that they finally decided to localize another Shiren game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's bad

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
How's that new DBZ game? I do like me some DBZ but the demo felt really light in the explanations on what to do and i'm not sure how deep stuff in it is besides a storymode punchymans.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Really good Mystery Dungeon game that feels like it flew totally under the radar.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, 3DS THREAD

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
by averages: :mediocre:

Also, Merc saga 2 has a demo? Since when?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How the hell do I beat the Soul Legion in Legend of Legacy? I'm playing as Filmia if that makes a difference.

Edit: I bet it. The answer was to grind a lot.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 19, 2015

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The real question isn't whether or not the game is good, but if you like this type of game. I like Etrian Odyssey and roguelikes, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It gets repetitive and grindy at times, but I liked the character progression enough that it didn't bother me too much.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kin posted:

How's that new DBZ game? I do like me some DBZ but the demo felt really light in the explanations on what to do and i'm not sure how deep stuff in it is besides a storymode punchymans.

You can play online in the full game. Playable characters aren't huge but a bunch are in as assists. It's by the creators of Guilty Gear and Blazblue. It's pretty good.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Quick questions: the happy home designer bundle includes a New 3DS (not XL), correct?
Is the New 3DS (not XL) being sold separately of the happy home designer bundle? If not, are there plans for it to be sold separately?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

FAT BATMAN posted:

Quick questions: the happy home designer bundle includes a New 3DS (not XL), correct?
Is the New 3DS (not XL) being sold separately of the happy home designer bundle? If not, are there plans for it to be sold separately?

It's a bundle only thing at the moment. There hasn't been any announcement of a separate sku.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Did someone say that you can move download games from your DSi to your 3DS without it deleting your games or account that's already on the 3DS?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jarogue posted:

Did someone say that you can move download games from your DSi to your 3DS without it deleting your games or account that's already on the 3DS?

Yes. I just moved 4 swords anniversary edition from a DS to my 3ds.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

After the mediocrity of Shiren Wii and Gates, it's a masterpiece. I bought at launch and didn't regret it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New 3DS update is out. If you're using region free, don't update.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/656268328659320833

Ninjahax works with no issue, Ironhax and OOThax needs to be given an update but should run.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 20, 2015

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You unlock all the classes within the first 30 minutes and my excitement for them died there. The dungeons and challenges didn't entice me ether, felt like a intern effort from Chunsoft. I'm hoping the next PMD is good because they at least have something to work towards beyond grinding out skills.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm not a big fan of how the gameplay was handled in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I still found it more fun than Etrian Mystery Dungeon. (disclaimer, last PMD I played was Time and Darkness.) EMD is just a huge slog and not that fun.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've got a 3DSXL, and with Triforce Heroes coming up, I'd like to solve an issue I've had for a couple of years. I've got Xfinity, and their modem gives me wireless internet. My 3DS wont connect to it though (Wii U wont, either), and I've never been able to figure out how to make it work, or been able to find a guide online to troubleshoot it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've got a 3DSXL, and with Triforce Heroes coming up, I'd like to solve an issue I've had for a couple of years. I've got Xfinity, and their modem gives me wireless internet. My 3DS wont connect to it though (Wii U wont, either), and I've never been able to figure out how to make it work, or been able to find a guide online to troubleshoot it.

Buy your own router, duh. Buy a cable modem, too. You'll save $$ in the long run (within 2 years) and have much better equipment.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Buy your own router, duh. Buy a cable modem, too. You'll save $$ in the long run (within 2 years) and have much better equipment.

I'm hoping to avoid dropping money on a router to play one game though. And I've got a cable modem, it just also gives me wireless internet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm hoping to avoid dropping money on a router to play one game though. And I've got a cable modem, it just also gives me wireless internet.

You aren't dropping money, though. You are saving. Also, Comcast/Xfinity uses notoriously bad equipment.

I'm on Comcast. Have been for 28 months. I paid under $200 for a very good modem and a separate router. In those 28 months, I would have paid $280 or so for equipment rental. So now I am $80 ahead.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Are you sure you've set a 2,4GHz network (b+g)? Consoles and handhelds tend to have trouble with 5GHz (at least for me).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Healbot posted:

Are you sure you've set a 2,4GHz network (b+g)? Consoles and handhelds tend to have trouble with 5GHz (at least for me).

No, but I'll check this out once I get home.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

You aren't dropping money, though. You are saving. Also, Comcast/Xfinity uses notoriously bad equipment.

Can't :yeah: this enough, those xfinity modem/routers are crappy routers, and the only way to mitigate it is by getting better equipment. It's not hard or even that expensive, and it really does pay for itself, in both satisfaction and actual money.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
So I picked up a Nintendo Select print copy of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on Saturday. And so far it's been fun exploring and interacting with the world. So much so I've been playing this almost non-stop, only stopping because the 3DS needs a recharge every once in a while.

Mind you though, I haven't managed to die in a way that made me lose my rented tools yet. And I've saved two sages at this point. Not that I'm complaining so far.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Buying tools is mainly for improving them via octopus suction. Upgraded hookshot is killer, I have no idea why the bow and the 'rang are in the game.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Rexroom posted:

So I picked up a Nintendo Select print copy of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on Saturday. And so far it's been fun exploring and interacting with the world. So much so I've been playing this almost non-stop, only stopping because the 3DS needs a recharge every once in a while.

Mind you though, I haven't managed to die in a way that made me lose my rented tools yet. And I've saved two sages at this point. Not that I'm complaining so far.

If the lack of difficulty is bugging you, try Hero Mode once you beat the game.

I picked the game up again after beating it 6 months ago and tried out Hero mode. The only change to gameplay is that all damage is quadrupled, and that one change turns the game from a leisurely stroll through well crafted puzzles and a charming world to a meat grinder that will kill you without a second thought.

I restarted on normal halfway through the Eastern Palace because I'm a scrub. :negative:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rexroom posted:

Dying in LBW regular mode actually takes effort. I think the only time I came close was in the challenge tower.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Manky posted:

Can't :yeah: this enough, those xfinity modem/routers are crappy routers, and the only way to mitigate it is by getting better equipment. It's not hard or even that expensive, and it really does pay for itself, in both satisfaction and actual money.

Speaking of, what's a reliable and cheap wireless router that works well with the WiiU and 3DS? Any one that goons recommend?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of, what's a reliable and cheap wireless router that works well with the WiiU and 3DS? Any one that goons recommend?

Define "cheap". $100 (AUD, at least) is about the mark you want for a decent low-price router, at which I recommend a TP-LINK TD-W8980. Wireless B/G/N, 2.4 and 5Ghz, and it's set for Fibre connections as well as ADSL.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Got a Netgear N300 Wireless Router for about $40 at Walmart. It has the least amount of drops then any of my past routers and runs Splatoon online with little to no lag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Asus RT-N66u is $110 on amazon right now. Not cheap but as good as it gets at the $100 price point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Is the Yokai Watch demo one of those "actually the first 30-ish minutes of the game and you keep your progress when you buy the real game" demos, or is it just like an out-of-context remix of early game content?