Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Beck ran until 2008, so I'm guessing Rin started not long afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Actually sorry, I might be wrong. Asian sites seem to have separated the chapters differently so I'm not actually sure. The scanlator group seems to have been updating at a consistent monthly rate, so it might actually be up to date.

EDIT: Yeah, double-checked and yeah, English scanlations actually ahead of Asian scanlations. Weird that, since it's usually the other way around. Also they split the chapters into 5 chapters leading me to incorrectly read it wrong, so again sorry for the misinformation.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 19, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just now got around to reading Mx0 (I know it was cancelled prematurely, but heard it was good before that). I find it hilarious that the mandrakes they brutally murder for ingredients are fully sentient creatures and no one aside from the main character seems to care. When you first see one you're given the impression that they just appear as little people as a defense mechanism, but nope - they totally exist in that state.

edit: Rin is one of my favorite female love interests. She has mysterious powers and what have you, but is also portrayed as otherwise being a normal teenager (I think? I forget how much time has passed in that comic).

Oh God this latest chapter of Rin is a trainwreck. I'm cringing the whole time. Why couldn't he just tell them "my friend can't get in touch with anyone and has no place to stay." Ugggghhh.

I'm just going to have faith that Rin is cool enough to not freak out over it.

Just got around to finishing the chapter, and it's neat that Shino Mirai is apparently being written as some parallel to Rin. I wonder what she'll think of his manga.

As a side note, part of me has been wondering if choosing Rin somehow ends up actually being the bad choice, just because it would really defy expectations. There's nothing saying that choosing the wrong girl means that the girl herself is bad; it could just mean that it inevitably results in some bad thing happening. And Honda also seems like a good person and seems to really like Fushimi. I doubt this will happen (I mean, the comic is called "Rin"), but you never know.

There's something about Rin (the comic, not character) that I think is very well done (moreso than the vast majority of other manga). I find the pacing to be pretty much ideal and the plot seems like it isn't being made up on the fly.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 19, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Black Clover remains rather generic, but it is starting to grow on me. I like how douchenozzle elitists look down on the mc, but everyone else kind of shits themselves at how potentially dangerous he is. The elitists even have a vested interest in keeping him down instead of just being dicks for the sake of being dicks, as their status relies on their innate magic power.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Latest chapter of Black Clover has a relatively clever twist given how ridiculously generic the whole affair is.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Latest chapter of Black Clover has a relatively clever twist given how ridiculously generic the whole affair is.

Black Clover rules.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If he ends up taking down all the mysterious cloaked strangers it'll be shonen moment of the year.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh it updated again and something lame happened instead! Lame!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The MC being the one to get captured/kidnapped is a pretty good twist all things considered.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I haven't read the latest chapter yet but I refuse to believe this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The MC being the one to get captured/kidnapped is a pretty good twist all things considered.

Yeah it is, I just wanted him to beat up all the cloaks without help cause that would've been really funny.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah it is, I just wanted him to beat up all the cloaks without help cause that would've been really funny.
I know Black Clover isn't that far in and this is like the third major fight in the series but it's hilarious how even when the opponents know ahead of time he's anti-magic their solution is to just throw more magic at him and then be surprised when he hits them in the face with his loving anti-magic sword.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Magic is all they got, that kids ripped and if it was a straight fistfight hed pulp them.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Black Clover would be better if the next enemy would just summon up a shotgun.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Black Clover would be better if the next enemy would just summon up a shotgun.

he could still cut it up because the shotgun would be made of magic, duh.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

he could still cut it up because the shotgun would be made of magic, duh.

You can't cut a blast of .12 gauge shotshells directed at your face in a 200 m/s speed

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You can't cut a blast of .12 gauge shotshells directed at your face in a 200 m/s speed

duh, thats why he turns the blade flat to block the magic pellets dogg, he already did that before.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

plutonis trying to troll me on my knowledge of black clover but failing miserably... drat shame.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Abracadabra I just make a shotgun that fires ordinary stones and pebbles off the ground at ballistic speeds, shredding Black Clover Boy to shreds.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if the shotgun is made out of magic still when the pebbles hit the sword the magic would go away, making them regular rocks again incapable of piercing the gigantic black sword, next.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I can do this all day you jokers, don't test me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

swords are made of metal and thats like superrock, so regular rocks are not stronger and don't act like they would be.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I make a gun that accelerates a first pebble with magic, which then hits a second pebble. The momentum is transferred and the second pebble hits the the guy at high speed right between his eyes. Classical mechanics aren't magic.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I make a gun that accelerates a first pebble with magic, which then hits a second pebble. The momentum is transferred and the second pebble hits the the guy at high speed right between his eyes. Classical mechanics aren't magic.

His sword is still metal, which as we previously discussed beats rocks, try again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you try your second pebble nonsense he's gonna hit it back at you and then you'll look like a fool.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
In a fight between his bible black and Goldstein, it's a clear win for the latter.

Sharkopath posted:

His sword is still metal, which as we previously discussed beats rocks, try again.

It doesn't when the pebble is fast enough bro.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Have you seen how big that sword is? It's pretty freaking big. No pebble is getting through all of that.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Someone teleports an area of 100m around him a mile under the surface of the ocean.

Actually I don't know if that would end up where he'd just be unaffected by the teleport and standing where the ground and stuff used to be.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He can cut teleports too so they diffuse before he gets transported, try again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The only way to beat him forever is by getting ripped and wizards are scaredy babies who are too busy trying to come up with incredibly complicated methods to throw rocks at him instead.

He's gonna be back on his feet in the next chapter, just you wait and see.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

Have you seen how big that sword is? It's pretty freaking big. No pebble is getting through all of that.

I'm going to magically imbue the first magic pebble with enough momentum to shoot my second stone with a muzzle velocity of 2000m/s turning it effectively into a kg of TNT, blasting the sword to smithereens.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I'm going to magically imbue the first magic pebble with enough momentum to shoot my second stone with a muzzle velocity of 2000m/s turning it effectively into a kg of TNT, blasting the sword to smithereens.

Waitaminute... can you even do magic at all....

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'll purposefully shoot into the wrong direction so my bad rear end pebble hits black clover in the back of his head thanks to the power of newtons cannonball.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A wizard very carefully and deliberately constructing a light-gas gun out of magical materials and parts to fire a single non magical pebble at the black clover guy, only to be interrupted midway and beaten up with fists because it took too long.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
A wizard stealthily flying a magical airplane into Black Clovers guys work place, killing thousands in the process.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think one of the good wizards would able to stop that, theres a lot of them.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Noelle trying to change the course of the airplane, but in the process guiding it towards the pentagon.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

More importantly though I hope whoever was casting the big Salamander Spell is a cutie, because its a really cute spell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Slimy Salamander :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

More importantly though I hope whoever was casting the big Salamander Spell is a cutie, because its a really cute spell.

I want to know if those translation notes for the spell names mean that the author wrote out the names in actual Spanish, or if this is just a translation of the Spanish scan