Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Detective Thompson posted:

So Olde Growth played their last live show Sunday night, and they went out on a high note for sure. In honor of the occasion, I am giving away two copies of the Owl EP vinyl.

I got this (and a bunch of other goodies!) from the good Detective on Friday and I've been enjoying it over the weekend.

It's stuff somewhat outside of my wheelhouse but it's really good stoner metal. The 7" is some good hardcore stuff too. I always love to expand my horizons. Of course, getting this in the first place because the band is breaking up sucks since I can't ever see them live, but oh well. Thanks kind goon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Outstanding!

Edit: I will say Olde Growth isn't quite done yet. They actually want to record an album of covers before they officially call it quits. Hopefully they will get that on tape before the year is out. Then they will be done.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That's kind of a weird thing to do for a last gasp.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I guess. But they've been planning on doing if for awhile now, even before their hiatus and the decision to call it quits they made this summer, so they want to get it out of their system before being done for good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
captured tracks is putting out a luna box set soon

http://www.capturedtracks.com/shop/upcoming-releases/ctbox-005-luna-long-players-92-99-6xlp-box-set/

those albums have been out of print for a while (romantica got a 2012 rsd release only) so i'm very excited

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxyIKYJ-xo
http://www.merelslootheer.com/#!feats-per-minute/c1o5n

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Looks like they are re-releasing Moby's Play.

$50 off the bat seems a bit much though

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

this is cool

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Gravel Gravy posted:

Looks like they are re-releasing Moby's Play.

$50 off the bat seems a bit much though

definitely looking forward to this, price be damned

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I've heard of this but I've never actually seen it done. This is really cool.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Beat Delete has announced they'll be closing their site over the next month or so.Hopefully someone else will pick up the idea and make it work.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

stay depressed posted:

definitely looking forward to this, price be damned

Has anyone tried ordering vinyl to the US from the German Amazon? I just saw the thing being sold for around $25 ad opposed to the US Amazons $47

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
i've ordered from amazon.fr so i doubt it would be any different

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

pfs Write posted:

i've ordered from amazon.fr so i doubt it would be any different

How does shipping work?

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
it has been a while and i don't remember exactly, but i don't think there were any a big hurdles. the main thing was navigating with the foreign language. i think i just set my address to US and it took it from there. they were only selling the record I ordered on .fr for some reason so I had no other choice. i don't remember shipping being too bad (to the point of wondering if i wasnt doing it correctly) but sure enough it showed up. sorry that's not too specific but i don't think there's much to worry about.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'm pretty sure Amazon Germany recently introduced an English language version of their site. So there's that.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hosed up that you'd take money out of moby's hands like that. as someone who respects his art I'll be paying full price.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lol

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

stay depressed posted:

hosed up that you'd take money out of moby's hands like that. as someone who respects his art I'll be paying full price.

I'll consider us even for paying full price for Last Night :colbert:

Is his newer stuff any good?

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Here's a pic of the record I designed (along with some other merch) with the cool colors I got to help pick out.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Super cool. Good job.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So on a lark, I went to a record store and bought a goofy 99-cent album called "Dog Secrets" by Root Boy Slim, just because the title and artist made me laugh. So I get home and upon further examination, find this gem, titled Don't Tell Your Mother:

quote:

Don't tell your mother what we did,
'Cause I'm a grown man and you're just a kid.
You're still in jeans--you're still in school,
But the way you fill 'em up, I can't be cool.
Smiled so sweetly, told me what you want,
Even took you to McDonald's restaruant. [sic]
Don't tell your mother what we did last night.

20 long years, I'd have to pay.
I gave you candy anyway.
On a chain gang in white and blue.
If you tell your mother what I did to you.
Ain't no tomboy, that I will admit,
If you tell your mother, my life'll be poo poo.
Don't tell your mother what we did last night.

Don't tell her
Don't tell her
Don't tell her

Don't tell your father,
He's too mean.
I think he's getting hip
To may [sic] jailbait scene.
He's mighty tough under that potbelly,
When I look at him my knees turn to jelly.
If you tell your father, I know I will be done.
He'll go down to the hardware,
Gonna buy a shotgun.

Don't tell her
(She might like it too.)
Like mother--like daughter,
I do believe.

:stare: I feel like I uncovered some sort of confession note set to music.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -