Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Booblord Zagats posted:

Cop buddy of mine did a fairly large drug bust when they saw a seemingly abandoned 5th wheel on state land out in the boonies had some light in the windows around 1am. So he called in back up and the four of them knocked on the door, got no response, then just opened the door and saw a lot of "meth paraphernalia" and called in the crime scene guys. They spent a few hours trying to figure out who was making meth there, cartels, local dealers or whoever. Then one of the crime scene guys went to take a piss and saw a sharpie'd mural of a chubby girl sucking a dick, lovingly shaded and properly proportioned, and signed by the artist.

Plain clothes picked the guy up that morning after he clocked in to start his shift at Taco Bell.

Gonna need to see that artwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I'll ask him at lunch tomorrow if he can share it with me

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Any competent public defender should be able to get that thrown out in five minutes with a wrongful arrest lawsuit to boot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Smiling Jack posted:

Any competent public defender should be able to get that thrown out in five minutes with a wrongful arrest lawsuit to boot.

He wasn't arrested, just picked up for questioning

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Smiling Jack posted:

Especially once booblord breaks chain of custody and posts the pic online.

Still worth it though, sounds p funny

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Nice stretch to call a camper in the woods with a light on "abandoned".

I'd love to see how that affidavit was worded.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GunForumMeme posted:

Nice stretch to call a camper in the woods with a light on "abandoned".

I'd love to see how that affidavit was worded.

Everyone knows its illegal if you find nothing, if you find anything its all cool.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Meth trailer update: Guy who signed the artwork is buddies with the former owner of the trailer, and drew it before it was sold at auction. I can't have any pictures and the person who bought it at said auction paid cash and gave a false name, the current theory is Mexican Mafia were just using it on BLM land for some nefarious purpose (probably a drop point for smuggling drugs and people)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

do your own rendition of the art based on your friends detailed description & post it here, tia

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Everyone knows its illegal if you find nothing, if you find anything its all cool.

nah, evidence is thrown out all the time for improper search and seizure.

I lost a DUI case because the guy argued that I forced him to do the field sobriety tests and the judge agreed that they weren't consensual. Don't know how you force someone to do something like that but welp. :shrug:

I've seen countless drug cases thrown out over the years as well over search and seizure.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Meth trailer update: Guy who signed the artwork is buddies with the former owner of the trailer, and drew it before it was sold at auction. I can't have any pictures and the person who bought it at said auction paid cash and gave a false name, the current theory is Mexican Mafia were just using it on BLM land for some nefarious purpose (probably a drop point for smuggling drugs and people)

The Mexican Mafia is known for their love of chubby white girls and murals thereof.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

buttcoinbrony posted:

GiP posters are known for their love of chubby white girls and murals thereof.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*in serious question voice* Do you get at least two consecutive days off and do your shifts change with less than 24 hours notice?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Teflon Don posted:

*in serious question voice* Do you get at least two consecutive days off and do your shifts change with less than 24 hours notice?

Our shift schedule is 2 on 2 off, with three day weekends every other week. It's a set schedule that doesn't change unless you get reassigned to a different shift for some reason. That doesn't happen often unless you're a fuckup admin is hoping will get their poo poo together under different leadership.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Teflon Don posted:

I get four days off, including weekends. :smuggo:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

cuz no one wants to work with you. booya!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

cuz no one wants to work with you. booya!

drat man, drat.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Currently I'm on 8 x 10 hour shifts and 6 days off. It's the best schedule ever. I feel like I only work half the time.

Plus I don't even have to go to work the other half of the time. Zing!

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
As a civilian I'd like to ask, do your parents tell people you work as a cop or are they too ashamed.

Also when you chat up skirt what profession do you pretend to be?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Pharmaceutical sales & a fake name. Might start using "Bernard McFacknutah"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Pharmaceutical sales & a fake name. Might start using "Bernard McFacknutah"

How you doing bernie?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

How you doing bernie?

Big sales year, whooooole lotta rich guys with broke dicks out there. Can I buy you ladies a drink?

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I'm a garbageman

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I'm a Navy SEAL

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Blimp folder.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm private security, I kit out my Prius with all amber lights and I carry a big ring of keys.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm a Navy SEAL

IDR parachute spotted

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Cole posted:

IDR parachute spotted

In ur internetz stealin ur valour

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm a Navy SEAL

Also have a penchent for trannies?

My parents were so ashamed they used to tell people I was a drug dealer in my spare time and not a Police officer.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm a garbage poster

The Shep fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 20, 2015

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
:(

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Don't worry I got your back man

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

:hurr:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

I love you guys

:sympathy:

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45
So the dash cam video for a shooting in South Carolina came out. What I find interesting is that the police officer seems to try to get in front of the car once it starts moving and stop it with his hand (and then his gun). Do any of your departments have training about how to properly approach cars/block them in to avoid them fleeing or running you down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTgPf-KRhE

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Dude needs to learn how to position his cruiser for a traffic stop but yeah could have been avoided but at the same time he's kinda in front of the car also kinda not.

Also lol at a felony takedown for a teenage girl marijuana buy. Notice the drop leg holster.

GunForumMeme fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 29, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Just saw a TV report about a TEEN who was GUNNED DOWN after buying ICE CREAM. They slid in right at the end it was actually a narcs sting, but hey that poo poo doesn't really sell copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumly
Dec 25, 2006
I'm basically a records tech (so a non-sworn employee) at one of the local PDs in my area and a while back I came across something which still seems weird to me.

I processed a report by one of our cops in which one of the complainants (this was a while ago, I forget what their actual involvement was) said a family member of theirs is a cop with the big city PD and they called him, prior to my department's cops arriving on scene, and told him the alleged suspect/other involved party's license plate number, and according to the complainant their family member then ran the plate for them. The cop from my department then informed the complainant that if the city cop really did that, he committed a felony, because running even that type of record check should only be done for official use and not for a family member. The complainant just shrugged.

So I brought this to my supervisor's (who is also a non-sworn employee like me) attention and asked if we need/are required to make some sort of notification to city PD about what one of their cops allegedly did. My supervisor basically replied: "I'm sure City PD already has some system in place that would somehow notify them of this, therefore it's not necessary for us to make anyone aware of it. But good question, as always!"

If true, what the city cop did is a felony, which is why my supervisor's response seems odd to me, but she is a supervisor and therefore possibly knows better. Is she correct and I'm just overthinking it, or should I just let it go because, after all, city cop only ran a license plate? This is the first time I've come across this type of situation, and I've learned to not always trust supervisors, so I'd be grateful for your input. Thanks.

Sorry, this post turned out longer than I thought.

Chumly fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 29, 2015

• Locked thread