Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
I am fine with the hero points thing. They give a few things that seem pretty easy/straightforward to progress with and keep in mind how they changed traits from release, in six months they will probably revamp the whole thing again to either be a gold sink or mediocre questy to unlock each trait again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are there pics of these yet btw?

I believe all of the unique armors and weapons are showcased on the official art for the specialization, as well as the screenshots that accompanied the reveal. The armors can be a helmet, shoulders, or gloves depending on the class.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

kater posted:

Why don't you like having goals?

Ahahahaaha you cant be serious.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The worst part of the already irredeemable Daredevil spec is that I can't play as it immediately.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Can you build guild upgrades if the requirements are still queued up?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

i thought everyone was already in on the joke of all the gimmick posters in this thread but apparently not

so here's some mapchat

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

the grind is real

Also bird I think you're onto something. If a lot of the poo poo is locked behind masteries, it might take a lot longer to unlock than we think. We take for granted xp gains post 80, but it takes quite a bit of events to get a level.

Ironically, the fastest place to go to get xp to unlock masteries might be....dungeons. CoF is dead, long live CoF.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lyer posted:

Ironically, the fastest place to go to get xp to unlock masteries might be....dungeons. CoF is dead, long live CoF.

If all you want to do is Pact masteries, sure.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I am going to have all 8 elite specs unlocked within 24 hours of go-live and I have the meth to prove it.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

ItBurns posted:

I am going to have all 8 elite specs unlocked within 24 hours of go-live and I have the meth to prove it.

What's your poison for the ninth.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

treizebee posted:

What's your poison for the ninth.

drat, I totes forgot about engineer.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

on par with arenanet for a while there, at least

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

nobody else is saying anything :shrug:

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Oh man butterfly wings got added? That's even worse news than the 400 hero points.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Anet are some real tight asses about account recovery. Can't remember the email I used for the account, might have been one I used for an android I owned for a while, but having the game key and images confirming I bought the key doesn't even seem like its gonna be enough.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I'm not worried too much about the Hero Challenge stuff. I bet it will feel like leveling 1-80 for the first time. I didn't even pay attention to anything and followed the story then bam I was 80. There will be enough poo poo to do in the Maguuma Jungle that I won't care until my 3rd or 4th alt in which case I will probably run around in WvW and get 10 Hero points per 5 WvW ranks (I think that's the ratio...).

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
It's probably a good thing to note that any returning players who forgot their account info will need the following:

-Emails address
-CD/Digital Key
-A Character Name

If you haven't played since a bit after launch you may have to dig through emails so I'd get on that early.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This game sure is getting more grindy.

:sigh:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any word regarding the missions to claim guild halls being gated behind masteries? If they aren't in the starter zone, I'd imagine you'd need basic hang gliding or some other mastery to get to the required zone. I was just checking one of the guild hall blog entries and it says "your guild will actually have to reach the ruins, which is an adventure in itself." That makes it sound like you need to make it there by foot versus getting a free teleport. Hopefully everyone has time to get the associated masteries by the scheduled claiming time if required.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
We should really focus on getting one goon guild hall fully upgraded rather than having two half-built halls.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prv4taTEVgs :rip:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
From what Anet has said, I'm pretty sure both goon guilds will hit the time-gated limits for building guild hall stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about rushing to complete it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

BUTTERFLY WINGS YEAH

YEAH

FINALLY I AM THE BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY PRINCESS I ALWAYS KNEW I WAS

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 20, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

REMINDER TO NEW/RETURNING/LURKING GOONS:
Now is the time to sign up for an invite to GOON or SFD! Guild space is limited, the expansion is out in a few days, and we're both pretty packed already, so get on that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kerrrrrrr posted:

YEAH

YOU LOOK loving BEAUTIFUL

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

YEAH

YOU'RE AN ACTUAL BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

YEAH

Holyshit those things were MADE for you. So does this mean they're in the shop now!?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cletus buy me the wings

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
I might have to abandon my halloween princessing early for those.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Anyone know if stuff you have building in the guild upgrade thing will auto complete when hot launches? Think I'll just barely manage to squeeze guild stash on my bank guild in before the launch, but it'll be by the skin of my teeth! Should have spent less time procrastinating I guess but :effort:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Cletus buy me the wings

Aroos buy me the wings and I will send you my turnips.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

forkbucket posted:

Anyone know if stuff you have building in the guild upgrade thing will auto complete when hot launches? Think I'll just barely manage to squeeze guild stash on my bank guild in before the launch, but it'll be by the skin of my teeth! Should have spent less time procrastinating I guess but :effort:
Same.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Aroos buy me the wings and I will send you my turnips.

Turnips have a high market rate these days, kid

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

They specifically said it would finish when the guild upgrades go in if stuff is still building so you guys should be okay.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

On that note... when you pay influence to rush an upgrade, does it take 25% off the total build time (as if you just started it) or the current build time?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Amante posted:

On that note... when you pay influence to rush an upgrade, does it take 25% off the total build time (as if you just started it) or the current build time?

Total

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Be funny if it was the other way though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anet should slip that change in because the outrage would be hilarious

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Do we still know nothing about any of the other zones in the expansion a few days before launch?

This is a really weird way to handle hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Do we still know nothing about any of the other zones in the expansion a few days before launch?

This is a really weird way to handle hype.

yeah i'm probably not even going to buy the xpac with the current hype levels

• Locked thread