Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I hope that this game is successful enough that they can follow it up with Warhammer: The End Times: A Bunch of loving Skeletons, or perhaps Warhammer: The End Times: Zounds! Orcs.

I would gladly pay 30 dollars each time they release a new horde of things to fight on new maps with new heroes (Slayer and Warrior Priest next please.)

El Cid fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

All right then off to play and learn.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope it's successful enough that they continue to add more fun characters. I seriously love the banter in this game. It's one, big party for all of them, especially the dwarf who finds amusement in everything everyone does. And new outfits and customization. It isn't a Warhammer game until you see someone running around the gritty and drab environment in hot pink.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I logged in and found I had a whole bunch of new and wonderful loot that I didn't have before. i doubt im gonna get to keep it though.

Servers are down, probably a hiccup due to that

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

Phrasing posted:

Is it just me or does the Bright Wizard suck?

Use both of your weapons.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I hope it's successful enough that they continue to add more fun characters. I seriously love the banter in this game. It's one, big party for all of them, especially the dwarf who finds amusement in everything everyone does. And new outfits and customization. It isn't a Warhammer game until you see someone running around the gritty and drab environment in hot pink.

They all definitely treat it as a walk in the park. The dwarf sings, laughs and has a jolly good time. The only ones that are being a party poopers are the witch hunter and the elf.

Soldier/Dwarf/BW partyzone.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Dwarf's attitude is part of what makes me love playing him so much. I don't mind being sword and shield man, even if I'm not the most damaging guy, and the Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race to roll with. Plus having a loving sniper rifle is amazing for dealing with specials. Ratling Gunner! *headshot across the map* ASSASSIN! *drops him mid-lunge with a reaction chest shot*

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

They all definitely treat it as a walk in the park. The dwarf sings, laughs and has a jolly good time. The only ones that are being a party poopers are the witch hunter and the elf.

The elf is clearly the odd one out. The Golden Trio are bro's kept in check by their fanatical overlord, the Witch Hunter (gently caress witch hunters). He's cool to play though, easily my favorite. There's nothing better than using a charged attack to stab a stormvermin in the face and, if it survives, following it up with a pistol shot.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Hunter is that kind of guy who's so drab and dreary that he becomes fun, though. He is a Cool Dude.

And I like to think the Elf is actually just the elf equivalent of a teenager who's trying to play off what an ancient and powerful elf she is with all the sarcasm and passive aggression.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Phrasing posted:

Is it just me or does the Bright Wizard suck?

Don't out yourself as a baddie in the thread like this..

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

BombiTheZombie posted:

I think it comes from grimdark extremes that come with the setting in Warhammer. The world is constantly on the edge of becoming some cosmic terror's bitch, and you have to deal with it somehow. Either you start finding the fun in the ratman invasion or slowly go insane, because even if you kill all the rats, something else world ending is just around the corner.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
hearing a horn and the rogre roar and two pcs playing globadier and assassin lines at the same time is the worst and seems to happen every time I play S&D

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Night10194 posted:

And I like to think the Elf is actually just the elf equivalent of a teenager who's trying to play off what an ancient and powerful elf she is with all the sarcasm and passive aggression.

I recall one of the banter lines in the game being something like "she likes to keep her secrets, so she can cover up how uninteresting she is."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

The elf is clearly the odd one out. The Golden Trio are bro's kept in check by their fanatical overlord, the Witch Hunter (gently caress witch hunters). He's cool to play though, easily my favorite. There's nothing better than using a charged attack to stab a stormvermin in the face and, if it survives, following it up with a pistol shot.

Yeah the rapier is one of the funniest things to use in the game with the headshot stab.

kabob rat heads all day long

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

El Cid posted:

I hope that this game is successful enough that they can follow it up with Warhammer: The End Times: A Bunch of loving Skeletons, or perhaps Warhammer: The End Times: Zounds! Orcs.

Warhammer: The End Times: Wow That's A Lot of Goblins
Warhammer: The End Times: Nothin' But Nurglings
Warhammer: The End Times: The Horrors, The Horrors

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 20, 2015

Musluk
May 23, 2011

There needs to be a shout/challenge/roar button.

There needs to be a button just to say 'Shut up elf' as well.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Warhammer: The End Times: Wow That's A Lot of Goblins
Warhammer: The End Times: Nothin' But Nurglings

Warhammer: The End Times: Saurus Zone

Warhammer: The End Times: Elf Eradication

Warhammer: The End Times: Chaos Cruncher

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Doing horn legit by holding the staircase is fun and awesome. It's sad so many ppl didn't get to experience skaven corpses piled dwarf high as your shield bro pushes and swings madly.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how dumb the dwarf is sometimes.

"These stairs go up."

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

Warhammer: The End Times: Saurus Zone

Warhammer: The End Times: Elf Eradication

Warhammer: The End Times: Chaos Cruncher

Warhammer: The End Times: Vampile

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Snatch Duster posted:

I like how dumb the dwarf is sometimes.

"These stairs go up."

He's just really drunk. It's how he can shoot so well.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bah, why does this game have to actually look good. Yet another thing to waste :10bux: on.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Whats funny is no-one but the Soldier feels sad if the elf dies. If the BW dies the Witch Hunter gets sad cause "If you die, then who will hate me :smith: " If the elf dies they all make a remark in the lines of "There goes the elf" or somesuch.

Basically, gently caress elves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Soldier is a hero and an all around awesome guy. I'm really glad they put a State Troop unit champ in there, magnificent mustache, hat, and all.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

El Cid posted:

I would gladly pay 30 dollars each time they release a new horde of things to fight on new maps with new heroes (Slayer and Warrior Priest next please.)

I'd like to see other enemy types as mini-events. So, like, randomly off to the side maybe you'll see a vampire with some zombies (or a necromancer, or whatever) fighting some skaven. You can ignore them, or beat their rear end for some loot. Or maybe some maps have a greenskin raiding party that shows up and attacks you/the skaven. Or maybe there are some Chaos cultists in the sewers one time. Either way there are a lot of ways they can throw in some new enemies without making a totally new game. But yeah, I'd love to see it expanded to have different enemy types with different behaviours.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BombiTheZombie posted:

Whats funny is no-one but the Soldier feels sad if the elf dies. If the BW dies the Witch Hunter gets sad cause "If you die, then who will hate me :smith: " If the elf dies they all make a remark in the lines of "There goes the elf" or somesuch.

That Bright Wizard line is legitimately amazing

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Musluk posted:

There needs to be a shout/challenge/roar button.

There is, it's called your VOIP keybind :black101:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

I can't even imagine the roaring laughter that came out of the recording studio the day they did all the banter.

Night10194 posted:

The Soldier is a hero and an all around awesome guy. I'm really glad they put a State Troop unit champ in there, magnificent mustache, hat, and all.

If you read his backstory he's basically the epitome of the perfect imperial warrior. Then war happened.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
The comments when you bandage teammates are pretty great too.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
The Witch Hunter will sometimes get angry about the pack master strangling the elf, because he wanted to do that.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

"Stop choking the elf! That's MY Job!"

e:^^ Motherfucker.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Witch Hunter seems like the origin story to Skeletor. I can't help but hear his voice like that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Fans posted:

The Witch Hunter seems like the origin story to Skeletor. I can't help but hear his voice like that.

Half skeletor, half Vince Price and all flintlock pistols.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyyTzkktjsI

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's me; I'm the elf.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Lassitude posted:

I'd like to see other enemy types as mini-events. So, like, randomly off to the side maybe you'll see a vampire with some zombies (or a necromancer, or whatever) fighting some skaven. You can ignore them, or beat their rear end for some loot. Or maybe some maps have a greenskin raiding party that shows up and attacks you/the skaven. Or maybe there are some Chaos cultists in the sewers one time. Either way there are a lot of ways they can throw in some new enemies without making a totally new game. But yeah, I'd love to see it expanded to have different enemy types with different behaviours.

They could do it classic Killing Floor style where during holidays and steam sales you have some changes. Halloween? Special map with vampires and special loot. Christmas? New map and orcs etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Watching a buddy stream last night, and holy gently caress the Stormvermin marching in step.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

He's pretty liberal for a witch hunter, seeing as he hasn't killed the witch already.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Dwarf and the Elf have some decent banter going on. Including one where he's telling them about singing some song I forget the name of, but was along the lines of "The Doom of Groggy Stonehand", about his horrible death. The elf sarcastically tells him it sounds like such a happy drinking song, and he completely straight-faced is like "Aye, and why wouldn't it be! It has everything! Grudges fulfilled, enemies killed, and a horrible death!"

Also the Dwarf has a line when helping up the Witch Hunter that is something along the lines of "On your feet Saltzpyre, you've still got so much to bitch about!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

chaos rhames posted:

He's pretty liberal for a witch hunter, seeing as he hasn't killed the witch already.

I thought he was more or less about to until poo poo Happened.

• Locked thread