Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

Sorry for the copy/paste. The headline caught my eye: " Allegri explains Juventus Choices." Bold is my own. Article via football Italia

He starts off saying they are still gonna get it then says otherwise like three times.

This is amazing, like super amazing. Also complaining about having some of the best players in the world for two days only despite being a relatively unchanged team for years. This two days did something at least. I'm guessing three days of training would have seen Juventus lose that match.

Allegri is the Italian David Moyes except some how more incompetent. And with trophies

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. And saying Juve is a "relatively unchanged team for years" isn't really true this year, considering they lost 4 starters since last year, 3 of the 4 strikers joined the club this summer, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. And saying Juve is a "relatively unchanged team for years" isn't really true this year, considering they lost 4 starters since last year, 3 of the 4 strikers joined the club this summer, etc.

I gotta agree here, he's mostly correct. The two days bit is ridiculous as he knew this was coming and Inter was in the same condition, but he didn't say they were going to win everything. He did the same thing at Milan, always "in the running" but never really pushing it enough to admit victory or defeat.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cippalippus posted:

Eh, I wouldn't say Allegri is bad, he nearly went for a tripletta last year.
he's like mourinho, but has the first year bounce instead of the second year bounce

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

Bigger picture jujube. Everything but the strikers seemingly hasn't changed.

To me, saying you are a contender means you are in a top spot. Which they aren't and have a negative G:D. A race is vying for a top finish. They will be lucky with that at this rate.

Jive has been murdered by Allegri. I didn't think it was possible, but saying "Hey, we are gonna push hard in March!" Is the wrong message to send to fans.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Juve lost some incredibly talented players while a lot of Serie A clubs actually splashed some cash for once. I'm not surprised that they're finding it harder this season.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They have also retained a lot of insanely talented players and compounded on that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I wasn't watching this game because why would I ever watch Chievo, but Pellissier scored a Zlatan

https://www.facebook.com/serieatim/videos/1012059485533383/

Also Perin is back, good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

man that roma match was so entertaining, serie a owns and is the best league in the world

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

straight up brolic posted:

man that roma match was so entertaining, serie a owns and is the best league in the world

i haven't watched it yet but i agree

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. Probably gonna go back and find a streamed video of it. I watched the Bayern Arsenal game and that was entertaining

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter and Milan are playing a stupid friendly right now since both teams are so poo poo they have no european commitments :thumbsup:

Predictably Inter is winning :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Assuming Buffon plays the entire match today he'll surpass Del Piero for most minutes played in club history.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

someone make this your av

https://vine.co/v/eFnzmPridXT/embed/simple

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex should get this if we win the scudetto

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Soulex should get this if we win the scudetto

Ew

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Soulex should get this if juve win the scudetto

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I ain't payin for it but I'll wear it IF Juventus get the scudetto.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Was watching Juve tonight and the bar got increasingly restive as we passed the 70 minute mark.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Munin posted:

Was watching Juve tonight and the bar got increasingly restive as we passed the 70 minute mark.

Seeing that the bar Juventus has set has been pretty low so far, I'd say it'd need those additional minutes to get any positive result for them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Zamparaini told some reporters that he's advised Dybala to get out of Juve because Allegri is ruining him, and hell, he's right.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

^^ Morata also looked like a plonker last night. Pogba was the only one on the pitch with any zing and even he was ultimately ineffective.

Soulex posted:

Seeing that the bar Juventus has set has been pretty low so far, I'd say it'd need those additional minutes to get any positive result for them.

The quip goes that it looked like a bog standard mid-table clash.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pogba has kind of looked a little poo poo this year, at least compared to how good he has been for a long time. I blame Allegri, but you all knew that.

Also Carpi got locked out of Modena's stadium due to money issues, as usual, but this time it's down to Modena's owners who owe the city money. Carpi's money, that they pay Modena, was seized by the authorities to cover Modena's debts so nobody is getting paid here. Carpi are supposed to play a "home" game this weekend so who knows what will happen. Personally I'd love to see them play in their own tiny stadium but I doubt the league will let it happen.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Soulex posted:

Low bars huh?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Norway, milan and now rosenborg. all my teams keep losing to lovely italian sides.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
matri getting yellow carded kicking the ball away did make me lol though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Guys. Just got out of surgery so I missed the Viola game. I know they lost but does this mean they are out of the competition?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mattiello broke his leg in training, the same leg that was broken by Nainggolan last season. That really sucks for him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Guys. Just got out of surgery so I missed the Viola game. I know they lost but does this mean they are out of the competition?

Nah, the group is pretty tight. Fiorentina's only one point behind second and three behind first. I hope the surgery went well!

trem_two posted:

Mattiello broke his leg in training, the same leg that was broken by Nainggolan last season. That really sucks for him.

loving hell he's the new Rossi. Poor kid.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I don't think this would be a surprise, but Monaco have triggered El Sharaawy's buyout clause.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Zamparaini told some reporters that he's advised Dybala to get out of Juve because Allegri is ruining him, and hell, he's right.

Everybody's going all in on this theme right now, and hell,

play Dybala more, the stats don't lie!!!!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

Everybody's going all in on this theme right now, and hell,

play Dybala more, the stats don't lie!!!!

Hips don't lie either. And Zaza got a thickness. J Lo.

The serie A this year is top notch IMO. Not just as a viola fan. The fight for the top is epic, three teams. One with a new coach and new project. One with money for days, and one with a great squad and dedication.

Then there are the Cinderella teams and the huge teams who should be doing better on paper.

All that mixed in with typical Italian drama has made this season one to remember.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It's been 8 games

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

It's been 8 games

An amazing 8 games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

It's been 8 games

And they've been poo poo!!!!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

An amazing 8 games.

Gigi Galli posted:

And they've been poo poo!!!!!!

Heh

It has been an interesting start anyway.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Heh

It has been an interesting start anyway.

Depending on which side you're looking. They say the grass is greener on the other side and on my side it's green as hell. Your guys side, it's probably dead.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

trem_two posted:

It's been 8 games

For me, the casual fan, it's been cool. Especially since I don't like Juve and they have a hole to dig out of which makes things a lot more interesting.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol can't wait for everyone to collapse and let Juve 1-0 our way to the scudetto

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Simone Poodoin posted:

lol can't wait for everyone to collapse and let Juve 0-0 our way to the scudetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Remember when canepazzo said that genoa are going to be this years Parma? It's looking more and more like that's the case, on the pitch anyway. They're currently down 2-0 against Empoli and the players really don't seem to give a poo poo.

• Locked thread