Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

Is the Yokai Watch demo one of those "actually the first 30-ish minutes of the game and you keep your progress when you buy the real game" demos, or is it just like an out-of-context remix of early game content?

Made me think the demo was out, don't play me like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Do NA people who downloaded the Tri-Force heroes demo get a discount? Do I need to wait till Thursday to know?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Fritzler posted:

Do NA people who downloaded the Tri-Force heroes demo get a discount? Do I need to wait till Thursday to know?

No discount for us NA peons. Get a GCU, one of the best things I've bought. Saved well over the membership.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What the hell is a GCU?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

What the hell is a GCU?

Best Buy's Gamer's Club thingy. You pay upfront for two years and get 20% off new game purchases and some other stuff. It used to be overpriced, but it's always on sale for $30 now and might have even been permanently reduced. It's really not a bad deal if you don't mind Best Buy.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Asus RT-N66u is $110 on amazon right now. Not cheap but as good as it gets at the $100 price point.

That's what I've got, it's great. That Netgear N300 would also be a direct step up from the xfinity boxes. Even my ultracheapo Linksys E1000 is better, $10-20 on ebay.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Asus RT-N66u is $110 on amazon right now. Not cheap but as good as it gets at the $100 price point.

I've been using this for a few years and it's a tank.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

enojy posted:

Made me think the demo was out, don't play me like that

For some reason I thought Europe had the yokai demo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So the DBZ Super Butoden 2 SNES game, although reminding me of my childhood in the early 90s. is flawed because it's totally missing some of the music tracks from the real game. The music in general sounds... off.

The Kakarott code still works, though! :ssj:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They replaced a lot of the music because one of the long-time DBZ composers was discovered to be a huge plagiarist.

EDIT: apparently ASW has been patching new content into the JP game and has announced a patch for online multiplayer?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 21, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

deadly_pudding posted:

For some reason I thought Europe had the yokai demo.

I think it's supposed to be out on Thursday in the US, so you'll have your answer then!

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I know I said here that I wouldn't buy Triforce Heroes due to the region lock and whatnot, but seeing levels beyond the scope of the demo is just making me want it more and more, as well as being unsure about how long the online playerbase will stick around for. I suppose I just overreacted.

Edit: I'm sure the upcoming PAXes will have a bunch of people playing rounds for those tokens anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There seem to be two costumes that require local-only drops: the Minecraft-looking "8-bit" costume and the red sentai-style costume with the Hyrule crest on the front. The 8-bit costume changes the BGM to chiptunes, I don't know what the sentai costume does.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There seem to be two costumes that require local-only drops: the Minecraft-looking "8-bit" costume and the red sentai-style costume with the Hyrule crest on the front. The 8-bit costume changes the BGM to chiptunes, I don't know what the sentai costume does.

The 2 of them total 8 tokens for both, but the person who hands out the tokens states that he has 15 of them total from what I've seen, which is telling me there's at least 1 other outfit that may require them.

As for the Sentai outfit, it seems whatever effect it will have is currently unknown, but it will require the entire group to be sporting them to confer any effect beyond looking badass.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

By local only would you be able to do it in singleplayer?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

By local only would you be able to do it in singleplayer?

No, they can only be acquired via local multiplayer and you may or may not be limited to one per 3DS system, meaning you'll need to play with 15 different people to get 15 tokens.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ubisoft's Gravity Falls game is now available in NA, in case anyone cares (PAL release is on Friday):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHBj5ovrhE

There's also another Adventure Time game that came out in NA today (PAL release is early November); it's by a different developer to the last few and it looks to be a 3D point-and-click-esque game with a lot of voice acting. It's a multi-platform game and there's basically no media for the 3DS version, so watch the trailer and imagine something way uglier that's probably missing all the VA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tbtmd8YR0o

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fuzz posted:

So the DBZ Super Butoden 2 SNES game, although reminding me of my childhood in the early 90s. is flawed because it's totally missing some of the music tracks from the real game. The music in general sounds... off.

The Kakarott code still works, though! :ssj:

oh is the new 3DS DBZ game out now? How is it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mabels big day posted:

I wasn't very impressed by the demo. I'd go as far as to call it the "Gameboy Version" of Xenoverse. It's like Xenoverse in that everybody has basically the same buttons and combo strings, and there's like a million characters, but it's scrunched down into a little 2D fighter that totally lacks the spectacle and sense of momentum that makes Xenoverse fun to play.

I'd say it's pretty similar to the old SNES DBZ fighters, but the concept hasn't aged especially well, especially when we have a contemporary non-portable title that feels like you're playing an interactive anime.

Maybe the full version is more interesting, but I couldn't get myself to have much fun with the demo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'll be picking it up from my mail later today and will post about it. I figure it was time I actually paid for a DBZ game considering I played the living poo poo out of the SNES ones as a teenager. Never bothered with the main console ones since those since they looked like bad fighting games, but this one seems to have an old school Street Fighter vibe a la Alpha 3 or whatever, with combos and such. Not up to the crazy mechanic levels of SF4, but more involved than the old SNES ones that were literally just a handful of special moves per character and then lots of flying around in split screen.

It feels like Hyper Dimension's (the last SNES one with the special chip on the cart) younger, sexier sister.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

mabels big day posted:

There's a demo for it. My verdict is :mediocre:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

raditts posted:

There's a demo for it. My verdict is :mediocre:

Sounds like they captured the source material pretty well then.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I've never really liked any of the DB/Z games, even the "good" ones like Hyper Dimension. The series seems more geared to a single-player type game, like God Hand.
God Hand but with DBZ characters would be fantastic.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Xenoverse was an amazing single player game. I dumped over a hundred hours into that game and never bothered with multiplayer.

I'm still 50/50 on the new one. On one hand the demo is fun and I love easy cpu fighting games with satisfying mechanics, but on the other I'm worried it could run itself thin pretty fast. $30 isn't bad at all though. I imagine it will hit $20 or lower by December and even 5 hours of fun for that price is well worth it. By that time I'll have the huge Oct/Nov/Dec backlog bought up though so who knows.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Is it structured anything like Xenoverse? That game's pretty janky but it's huge, there's just so much loving stuff to do

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Extreme Butoden is a 2D fighting game in the same general vein as all the other 2D DBZ fighting games, it's nothing like Xenoverse.

The Japanese version has been getting free content updates and will be getting online play in the neat future but who knows what'll happen with the western version.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No, they can only be acquired via local multiplayer and you may or may not be limited to one per 3DS system, meaning you'll need to play with 15 different people to get 15 tokens.

why does nintendo hate americans

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Awesome! posted:

why does nintendo hate americans

Iwata came to the conclusion that they could boost 3DS sales by a) releasing more games with a heavy local multiplayer component, and b) holding and attending more cons and supporting grassroots events that promote local multiplayer; Triforce Heroes and Metroid Federation Force are two games that were developed under that directive.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Extreme Butoden is a 2D fighting game in the same general vein as all the other 2D DBZ fighting games, it's nothing like Xenoverse.

The Japanese version has been getting free content updates and will be getting online play in the neat future but who knows what'll happen with the western version.

I was mostly comparing it to Xenoverse because of its massive character roster and its really simple combo strings.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

80% of the characters are assists. You can only fight as a few.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's getting five New 3DS faceplate bundles; each one contains the faceplates, charger and 4GB SD card and costs 17000yen, they'll be released on November 28. (The plates are available separately, 2000yen each.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I hope that 30th anniversary one gets a Home Theme :allears:.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Anybody try out The Magic Hammer yet?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

That mario maker one is insanely good

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That Mario Maker one is almost enough for me to buy a N3DS and import the faceplates. Veeeeeery tempting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
For some reason I am interested in Gravity Falls and am eagerly waiting for reviews and thoughts.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Lobster posted:

That Mario Maker one is almost enough for me to buy a N3DS and import the faceplates. Veeeeeery tempting.

The N3DS is really nice. Makes the oafish XL look like trash

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When is the Yokai Watch demo gonna release already?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

The N3DS is really nice. Makes the oafish XL look like trash

Lol