Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I was BAFFLED that all those GEEKS on THE BOARD didn't like the idea! They just don't understand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am like already bummed and they haven't even recorded a new show yet. Vinny's reactions to dumb poo poo is kind of why I listened a lot of the time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

*blank* started the show with a boring 20 minute promo.

*sigh.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Bryan calling a play action a "worked handoff" is still the funniest thing I've ever heard on B&V

I'll be honest, I just want this to happen more often.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Super Chico posted:

So far this has not garnered a positive response. We'll see what happens.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He does this every couple of years, and the same thing happens. It's kind of hilarious, because this sort of misreading what the audience wants is what he bitches about WWE doing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Did Bryan even hint that he was going to put something in its place when he announced it or did he just say "we're dropping this because it's useless" again?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Did Bryan even hint that he was going to put something in its place when he announced it or did he just do a "we're dropping this because it's useless" again?

No, he just said he was going to swap it for retro Raw and do "ROH and indie stuff" on Sunday despite literally complaining on Friday that ROH has no angles to talk about and the review taking 5 minutes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Are they just going to start from the beginning of RAW? Because those 45-minute RAW episodes might not be that rich for material.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

No, he just said he was going to swap it for retro Raw and do "ROH and indie stuff" on Sunday despite literally complaining on Friday that ROH has no angles to talk about and the review taking 5 minutes.

More Table for 3 reviews, which is two guys telling you about 3 guys sitting around a table swapping stories.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan addressing the change in the B&V opener:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNxaoqLYAqGj

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I generally don't listen to WOR because I find Dave boring. I'll listen to it if there's an interesting story or something but I counted on B&V for my Raw recap. This is awful news.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I laughed my rear end off at Dave going,"Isn't it weird that Kevin Nash showed up and beat up Punk a lot and then mysteriously was unable to compete when it came time for him to get beat by him? :angel:"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is probably the biggest reason I'm against it for now. Tuesday will still be good I think, Thursday will probably be okay, but the Sunday show is going to be pretty bleak.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Network has a ton of ECW TV up now, why not do retro reviews of that instead of pretending to care about ROH or whatever?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i say this as someone who was an ecw fan: ecw tv was largely terrible

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Cardboard Box posted:

i say this as someone who was an ecw fan: ecw tv was largely terrible

Of course it was, but that's what makes it great B&V material. There's way more entertainment potential in the guys reviewing bad ECW, instead of struggling to find anything interesting to say about ROH or NJPW, promotions they clearly don't follow that closely.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 21, 2015

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Benne posted:

The Network has a ton of ECW TV up now, why not do retro reviews of that instead of pretending to care about ROH or whatever?

would you want to devote 20 minutes of every review to THE NIGHT KIMONA WANALAYA DANCED ATOP THE ECW ARENA

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Benne posted:

Of course it was, but that's what makes it great B&V material. There's way more entertainment potential in the guys reviewing bad ECW, instead of struggling to find anything interesting to say about ROH or NJPW, promotions they clearly don't follow that closely.

They'll stop after the 50th chairshot to the head.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Bryan and Dave are like water and oil.

'I WAS PRAYING THAT DEAN MALENKO WOULD REPLACE RANDY ORTON'
'um, that's not a good idea.'
'OH COME ON'
'dean malenko has had some very serious health problems...that would not be a good idea'

I love it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I generally don't listen to WOR because I find Dave boring. I'll listen to it if there's an interesting story or something but I counted on B&V for my Raw recap. This is awful news.

This is another thing Bryan never considers. He cannot conceive of a subscriber who would listen to B&V and NOT the Dave shows.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

Those old ECWs don't hold up well. I mean, they're not as bad as current Raw (because they're not three hours), but they're not good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

They're also cut to hell.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gaz-L posted:

This is another thing Bryan never considers. He cannot conceive of a subscriber who would listen to B&V and NOT the Dave shows.

Me neither.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm starting to wear thin on the Dave shows too. I'd rather just read the Observer than listen to him and Bryan drone on and on.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
I find B&V to be kinda trash. I seriously find Craig, Vinny and honestly Bryan half the time to be insufferable. Half the reason I subscribe is WOR, so no skin off my back.
I get why people find Dave boring, but he always has a great story, or illuminates me to something I wasn't aware of. B&V is two-three 40 year olds yelling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gatorfade posted:

I find B&V to be kinda trash. I seriously find Craig, Vinny and honestly Bryan half the time to be insufferable. Half the reason I subscribe is WOR, so no skin off my back.
I get why people find Dave boring, but he always has a great story, or illuminates me to something I wasn't aware of. B&V is two-three 40 year olds yelling.

Timestamps on those shows would help greatly. I no longer have the patience to sit through half an hour of ummmmm yeahhhhh to maybe get to one good story. At this point I mostly wait for someone here to say there's something good on a show before I listen to it.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Don't B&V shows get more downloads than the Dave shows? I thought they were the most popular thing on the site.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

After like 10 pages of "this is a bad idea" "no she's not" on the board Bryan says Vinny suggested doing Raw and NXT on Thursday so that's probably how he'll get out of this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Akileese posted:

Those old ECWs don't hold up well. I mean, they're not as bad as current Raw (because they're not three hours), but they're not good.

I remember seeing Barely Legal for the first time in like 10 years and being sad that all these matches are terrible in today's eyes.

Some of the Eastern Championship stuff is still fun because it gives a good idea of what an indie looked like in the 90s

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've subscribed to the site for years and I never listened to a non-Dave podcast until a few weeks ago when I decided to try and listen along with B&V while they did the retro Nitro reviews.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I like the retro reviews and I like how Bryan keeps seeing things he thinks are cool and he'll bring them up weeks later to Dave.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I guess Konnan threw his poop in the air when MSL came back which is why he hasn't been on MLW shows lately. The MLW Twitter says he's "busy with other projects" while Konnan's telling people asking what he's doing "you wanted him you got him." I love wrestling drama.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The occasional B&V show in the free feed was what convinced me to pay up. It certainly wasn't WOL.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dave's subtle burials and Vinnys not subtle freak-outs keep my :10bux: flowing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I guess Konnan threw his poop in the air when MSL came back which is why he hasn't been on MLW shows lately. The MLW Twitter says he's "busy with other projects" while Konnan's telling people asking what he's doing "you wanted him you got him." I love wrestling drama.

its pretty amusing that for all of Konnan's poo poo talking, he is, in fact, a bitch. Tho the clusterfuck that is the VIP lounge is a lot better because there's zero chance Disco Inferno shows up.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

After like 10 pages of "this is a bad idea" "no she's not" on the board Bryan says Vinny suggested doing Raw and NXT on Thursday so that's probably how he'll get out of this.

If they keep Granny on Thursdays, that Thursday show is going to be long as hell.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I can't stand granny shows, they turned me off from listening to B&V entirely for a while. Just so goddamn boring.

On another note Tom's front page article is completely incomprehensible. I got to the last 2 paragraphs and all I could think was, "what?"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I read that article and know what you mean. The way it started made me think he was announcing his retirement at the end of it but it went in the opposite direction entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So Filthy Tom is out of his next fight. He claims it was a blow to the eye. Dave knows the truth.

Never should have had that chicken finger, Tom!

• Locked thread