Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
he has Kurds in his way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Harald posted:

he has Kurds in his way

I'm laughing too hard at this

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Is Trump jesus?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
No, he wouldn't let himself be crucified like some kind of low-energy loser

if Trump was Jesus then Jesus would have been made emperor of the romans by popular acclaim

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

The Saurus posted:

No, he wouldn't let himself be crucified like some kind of low-energy loser

if Trump was Jesus then Jesus would have been made emperor of the romans by popular acclaim

Ave Trump Invictus!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What do y'all think is the RNC's plan to destroy Trump in the next three months?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What do y'all think is the RNC's plan to destroy Trump in the next three months?

They're hoping that he simply loses interest in being president or that his campaign runs out of money. Or that he has a spiritual awakening and realizes he needs to fall in line with the RNC's wishes for the good of the party he's spent (at least) the last decade hosting very successful fundraisers for.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Pretty much the Roman Empire's plan for Attila.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Trump faces near-back-to-back debates on 10/28 and 11/10. Trump had plenty of time to recover from his last one, but they'd hope having two in quick succession will give twice the chance of a stumping.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
If tweets were punches....

I don't even know how 2020 can possibly top this year.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Patter Song posted:

Trump faces near-back-to-back debates on 10/28 and 11/10. Trump had plenty of time to recover from his last one, but they'd hope having two in quick succession will give twice the chance of a stumping.

the chance of stumping a trump

is zero

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Patter Song posted:

Trump said he was really unhappy about the last one.

What if he really nails these two?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Trump could hold a livestream that was just him speaking to camera or being interviewed at the same time as the republican debates if he refused to attend and he would get more ratings than them

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

tactical nukular hairpiece

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

Ave Trump Invictus!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Saurus posted:

I loving love you Donald.

I'm listening to trump on fox now and he's just owning them left and right he loving rules.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Also this makes me want to make a set where they let Trump dictate what he wanted but he didn't really get the rules and wanted all expensive gold cards and that when they asked what colours he wanted to use he said "all of them."

But I'll probably just stop here.

e2: A theme deck would be pretty funny though.

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Oct 20, 2015

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
^^^^^ a deck thats half walls, half unstumpblockable

:thumbsup:

InsanityIsCrazy has issued a correction as of 20:20 on Oct 20, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
he is killing everyone in the polls, everyone and when he is elected he will kill everyone.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Top City Homo posted:

he is killing everyone in the polls, everyone and when he is elected he will kill everyone.

I want the Bernie Trump debates so bad.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

About god-damned time.

Trumpocalypse Now!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Top City Homo posted:

That would be Trump's flavour text on his card, which would be yoouge and glorious.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Murder me, Trump.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Serious answer: Massive negative ad buys in primary states.

Comedy answer: prayer and drinking.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

DO U WANT TO DIE?!!!!!!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Massive negative ad buys are not going to work at all. Trump will get tons of chances to respond in the media, can point out the obvious telegraphing of the attacks by the Establishment, and use social media to defeat any ad campaign.

The only way to defeat Trump is to ignore him or join him.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Massive negative ad buys are not going to work at all. Trump will get tons of chances to respond in the media, can point out the obvious telegraphing of the attacks by the Establishment, and use social media to defeat any ad campaign.

The only way to defeat Trump is to ignore him or join him.

I think you'll see that according to this statistical model our attacks will work just fine :smug:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is no 'real' conservative, which is why Bush can't beat him to the middle. Poor far right does not even realize that they are ones being shut out. That is also why Trump can get elected. Go Trump, you wonderful RINO! No Party politics gonna shut him down. The Populist Trump is in this for himself, and that may just be how someone gets us out of this mess without the stupid Blane game! W. Haters and Clinton haters take note: you have no more power.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Patter Song posted:

Great. Trump can rock everyone on the 28th and then KO them 2 weeks later while they're still wobbly.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I don't think it's controversial to say that, not only are ad buys still effective, but Trump is not immune to all negative ads. I haven't seen an effective attack ad against Trump but that doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. I think people are throwing the towel in on this way too easily, considering the last few election cycles.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

I don't think it's controversial to say that, not only are ad buys still effective, but Trump is not immune to all negative ads. I haven't seen an effective attack ad against Trump but that doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. I think people are throwing the towel in on this way too easily, considering the last few election cycles.

You can attack Trump on Trump university because it was ridiculous and is in ongoing litigation. Everything else is a waste. He has been a luxurious dick-head, air-horn since before I was born. We all know everything about him. His loud, obnoxious behavior is his inoculation.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
By the way, the 11/10 debate is on Fox Business, Fox News' nerdy kid brother. Since pretty much nobody knows Fox Business even exists, you can bet the moderators will be desperate to make a name for themselves. The moderators might try to Stump the Trump too. Trump beat Fox News, but Fox Business will come seeking vengeance.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

EngineerSean posted:

Whoever comes up with the way to take the offensive against Trump, well, they're a much cleverer wordsmith than I am.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
How do negative attack ads work against Trump when not a single one of the other candidates is worth voting for? People aren't going to swing from Trump to Jeb or whichever other nameless establishment nobody is running.

why does the republican party have such an incredible dearth of talent?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

EngineerSean posted:

If it bleeds, you can kill it.

Trump doesn't bleed.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

How do negative attack ads work against Trump when not a single one of the other candidates is worth voting for? People aren't going to swing from Trump to Jeb or whichever other nameless establishment nobody is running.

Worse, stumping Trump could send the bulk of his followers to the other anti-Establishment candidate, Dr. Ben Carson M.D.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The Saurus posted:

republican lizardmen masters require good soldiers not intelligent people as candidates

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

The Saurus posted:

this is the question that keeps coming to my mind. I mean, I was happy to vote for Obama or Hillary in 2008. I will be more than happy to vote for Sanders or Hillary or Biden in 2016. I like them all a lot, actually. But I don't know anyone who's excited/happy about Trump/Carson/Bush/Rubio/whoever, or who was excited about Romney. And it's not like the Republican party is some small segment of America. Where are the likable competent fucks? Hanging out with Huntsman?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Xenophon posted:

this is the question that keeps coming to my mind. I mean, I was happy to vote for Obama or Hillary in 2008. I will be more than happy to vote for Sanders or Hillary or Biden in 2016. I like them all a lot, actually. But I don't know anyone who's excited/happy about Trump/Carson/Bush/Rubio/whoever, or who was excited about Romney. And it's not like the Republican party is some small segment of America. Where are the likable competent fucks? Hanging out with Huntsman?

I absolutely know at least one person excited about Trump. He's otherwise a decent fellow. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I absolutely know at least one person excited about Trump. He's otherwise a decent fellow. :smith:

Everyone is excited about Trump.

• Locked thread