Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I spent like 8 bucks on plumbing poo poo I didn't need to fix a clogged pipe that wasn't.

Also got a pizza though, so the night wasn't a complete waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Some coffee stuff from FellowProducts

Also been on a bit of a reading binge:

Also an O2 sensor, new control arm bushings, and registration plates for the state I'm actually living in for my car :homebrew:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You should read some Piers Anthony, I hear Firefly is a great starting point

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Maybe the one with all the child rape and cannibalism, too.

"Bio of a Space Tyrant."

Also incest and children eating their own faeces.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah that really narrowed it down.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a bargain on this...

Denon AVR-X2000 receiver. I went to a local high end audio shop to get a new Bluetooth speaker for work. I asked the guy helping me if they might have something older or used in the $100 range to replace my ancient Onkyo receiver which has been acting up lately.

They had the Denon I bought laying in their workshop for months with some superficial shipping damage. They sold it to me for $100 even. Brand new aside from the dented chassis and typically sells for around $400. It sounds so much better than that antique Onkyo. I'm over the moon happy with it.

I've found that just asking somebody politely if they have a bargain that may not be advertised the people that work in these local shops will hook a person up. I even got a discount on the boombox!

Great receivers, I got one when they just came out. The inboard interface is a bit clunky - the smartphone app helps tremendously. I use mine all the time to stream Spotify or Internet radio.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pick posted:

I need this for my vibrator case.

It would also work on a bong.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Out with the Yamaha, in with the Triumph.
New street triple r

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Oct 20, 2015

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

That looks like it's floating.

Also, congrats, I want it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gorilla Salad posted:

"Bio of a Space Tyrant."

Also incest and children eating their own faeces.

WOW.
I was just flooded with memories of that goddawful series. I was lent the first book and, while brutal and disgusting, was a pretty decent story of a group of desperate immigrants locked in a tiny space shuttle just trying to survive. (Granted, I am probably wrong on this since I read it 12 years ago.)
Every other book went like, "Here is Hope, he is big and strong and grew up in crappy circumstances. Look how cool he is. Every woman is a cartoon and designed to sex up his ding dong. Look at this chump who doesn't think Hope is a cool sex-haver. Hope beats him at laser gun fights, chess, politics, sex-having and cape wearing competitions. Look how cool Hope is. LOOK."

Piers Anthony is a hack.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

PleasusChrist posted:

That looks like it's floating.

Scrolling through the page, I said out loud - that looks anorexic. Good bike. I'd worry that it wouldn;t carry me. :ohdear:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought a super large mouse pad last week, I really like it. I may get one for work.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought a super large mouse pad last week, I really like it. I may get one for work.

Have one of these too and it is pretty nice.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Does your keyboard and mouse go on this? or do you just move your mouse a long way?

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Vier posted:

Does your keyboard and mouse go on this? or do you just move your mouse a long way?

I feel like a silly question deserves a silly answer, so here goes:

It's very obvious and/or click on the provided link.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a bargain on this...

Denon AVR-X2000 receiver. I went to a local high end audio shop to get a new Bluetooth speaker for work. I asked the guy helping me if they might have something older or used in the $100 range to replace my ancient Onkyo receiver which has been acting up lately.

They had the Denon I bought laying in their workshop for months with some superficial shipping damage. They sold it to me for $100 even. Brand new aside from the dented chassis and typically sells for around $400. It sounds so much better than that antique Onkyo. I'm over the moon happy with it.

I've found that just asking somebody politely if they have a bargain that may not be advertised the people that work in these local shops will hook a person up. I even got a discount on the boombox!

Yeah, that is a nice deal at $100 :)

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
I bought some sticky hooks to do this.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fozaldo posted:

I can't believe I never thought of that.

:iia:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

flosofl posted:

I can't believe I never thought of that.

:iia:

I would advise you think about hitting the edges and middle shelf a little more than I did. Still, no one sees them at the end of the day and it serves it's purpose well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fozaldo posted:

I would advise you think about hitting the edges and middle shelf a little more than I did. Still, no one sees them at the end of the day and it serves it's purpose well.

Mine has a half-deep shelf that's on the back-wall, so no worries there. It's just the right size for the smaller skillets and sauce pans. That lets me keep the bigger stock pot and pressure cooker in the same cabinet, which is worth the tradeoff of not having a full shelf. Right now, all the lids live on the pots and pans. This is going to be much better.

LIFE HACK! (that doesn't actually suck)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I get a wheeled carry-on with a suiter? I would say most of my travel requires me to bring a suit or two (I wear 44R), but as I've never had luggage with a suiter, I don't know whether it's a better option than folding things myself.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Gonna need a link for that shirt

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Fozaldo posted:

I think I am stealing this idea. My lids also are on each pot and I can have so many more pans if I do this!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That's a really neat trick I may have to use. How reliable are hooks like that? Are you going to hear a loud crash at 4am?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah my first thought was "I hope that idea doesn't catch on in my condo"

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I don't think I've ever had a Command hook fail on me.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Toast Museum posted:

I don't think I've ever had a Command hook fail on me.

Caveat: clean the paint or finish really, really well first.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

CaseFace McGee posted:

Great receivers, I got one when they just came out. The inboard interface is a bit clunky - the smartphone app helps tremendously. I use mine all the time to stream Spotify or Internet radio.

Good to hear somebody else likes this one. If this is clunky I don't know what smooth is. My old Onkyo was a nightmare to use. I usually ended up just watching alot of movies in stereo because it was such a pain in the rear end to slide all the settings around to make everything sound even.

I ran the audyssey mic setup and everything sounds crystal. Intuitive GUI and a drat fine back panel made it a peach to get running. I really, really love this thing.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Yeah, any sort of texture on walls really screws those things up too.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Airfare and hotel for a two week trip to Bonaire

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ropes4u posted:

Airfare and hotel for a two week trip to Bonaire

My purchase was oddly similar. Airfare and hotel for a one week business trip to Brno. Picture unnecessary, just imagine the opposite of the picture quoted here.

I'll get reimbursed eventually but still a purchase.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Captain Duvel posted:

Gonna need a link for that shirt

Seconded.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

My purchase was oddly similar. Airfare and hotel for a one week business trip to Brno. Picture unnecessary, just imagine the opposite of the picture quoted here.

I'll get reimbursed eventually but still a purchase.

Google images tells me there are cool things to see there too, enjoy the trip and make the best of it!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I picked up a copy of Assassin's Creed Rogue for $17 with tax at Target. It's the "Limited Edition" trim which suggests a launch copy. That should probably tell me something... Oh well, cheap game.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I get a wheeled carry-on with a suiter? I would say most of my travel requires me to bring a suit or two (I wear 44R), but as I've never had luggage with a suiter, I don't know whether it's a better option than folding things myself.

I always bring a suit with me and never use my seperate suit compartment anymore. There is a simple technique of folding one shoulder into the other then folding the suit that works easier and better for me. I'm sure you can google suit packing tricks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

I always bring a suit with me and never use my seperate suit compartment anymore. There is a simple technique of folding one shoulder into the other then folding the suit that works easier and better for me. I'm sure you can google suit packing tricks.
Yeah, I've done the shoulder inside-out fold technique for my suits up until this point, and it's been just okay, but I wonder if the suiter is a better option.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Rolo posted:

That's a really neat trick I may have to use. How reliable are hooks like that? Are you going to hear a loud crash at 4am?

Clean the surface really well first with some alcohol (aftershave will do) then make sure you buy hooks with a large sticky surface area. If theinside of your cupboard door is textured you may have a problem.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Being a big Britney fan, I spent close to a bill trying to get lucky with her slot.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The carafe on my coffee maker has sprung a vacuum leak and now only keeps things hot for 3 hours instead of like 12 :(

So I got a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a bargain on this...

Dammit my Onkyo receiver is acting up too (audio starts popping then cuts out). Will lurk around nearby electronics stores to see if there's anything approaching this level of a deal. I'll probably upgrade my Logitech Harmony remote while I'm at it too.

As for recent purchases:

Being sick sucks.