Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Goons have strong opinions on the proper way to mount a bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ciaphas posted:

Their expressions are goofy and I didn't like their hairstyles :(

Neither of which matter when you're wearing a (heavy) behemoth helm.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nuru posted:

What crazy backwater server are you on? Small starts at 5mil and the price decay is not very large.

excalibur

i just waited is all

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

SpaceDrake posted:

If you think so, then I'm doing something right! Part of the gimmick ~in my head~ is that my WoL is supposed to be a kind of awkward nerd who got thrust into the whole world-saving hero business (which makes the DRK questline and the end of Vault all the more a kick in the pants) and for all she occasionally armors up and grabs a big sword, her inner dork never entirely goes away.

I like it when there's a headcanon. And when it comes through in a character's appearance. I feel like this is a great way to get enjoyment even when the story gets bogged down.

I'm making an alt soon because I want to re-experience the story with the character's actual role (that of a taciturn but kindhearted goofus) in mind, which I had no frame of reference for when I made my first character.

Actually considering doing it on Excalibur and joining these weirdos in what I assume is a coalition of bursting-at-the-seams mega-FCs. Whenever I get around to it anyway.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

The Gordian Trident finally dropped after god knows how many weeks. Glamour game complete for Dragoon.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Here's a Catboi

I wear fingerless gloves because I am a dork

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

Drizvolta posted:

Here's a Catboi

I wear fingerless gloves because I am a dork

Hey, there's no shame in looking nice. They go

with

everything

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 21, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Have some Roegadame:

Dark Knight

SamuraiPaladin

White Mage

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

Oh oh wow the ffxiv front page went all web 4.0

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Looks even worse on mobile a hahahahah

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
not my current gear but i like this pic

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Boten Anna posted:

Oh oh wow the ffxiv front page went all web 4.0

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

oh my goodness

someone in this world is very proud of themselves right now

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Oh, we're doing this now.

I'm maining Machinist now because it actually turned out to be incredibly fun at 60.

But also because it allows me to carry the spirit of Limsa Lominsa like nothing else can.

I am goddamn swashbuckling.

Kuvo posted:

not my current gear but i like this pic

This quest owned and this shot basically sums up precisely why.

My current Warrior look (not quite as Maelstrom and therefore not as perfect):

Mazed fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 21, 2015

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm still the prettiest highlander character in the entire game

all other races are not as good

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Mazed posted:

Oh, we're doing this now.

I loving love my allied seals maelstrom cap, it goes with everything.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Maelstrom gets the best hat in the game, therefore it's the best GC. It's very clear-cut.

Velthice posted:

This, here; this is also good. Very, very good.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Maelstrom also has the best leader.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I thought Raubahn was flames? When did he move?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Bits and pieces of Raubahn turn up in the strangest places.

v v v

Ciaphas posted:

Back when I stopped playing HW a few months ago people were pretty doomy and gloomy about Machinists. Did that impression change at some point? I swear I'm seeing a lot more of them than ever before.

Since they decreased the cooldown for Quick Reload to 15 seconds, things changed greatly for the better, since it mostly gives you actual control over procs when you need it. It's not top-tier DPS by any means, but it's got what it needs and it's actually not difficult at all to perform well.

I'm not sure if this was part of the change, but the fact that a procced Slug Shot or Clean Shot doesn't have a cast time even with Gauss Barrel active is also a great help mobility-wise. Not sure if Bards have any similar exceptions for Minuet.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 21, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Back when I stopped playing HW a few months ago people were pretty doomy and gloomy about Machinists. Did that impression change at some point? I swear I'm seeing a lot more of them than ever before.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ciaphas posted:

They got a buff in 3.07 I believe.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Velthice posted:

all other races are not as good

!!!

what a cutie!!!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Truga posted:

I thought Raubahn was flames? When did he move?

Near the end of 2.X. Oh, well, you know. These days, he's less of a man than he used to be. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Near the end of 2.X. Oh, well, you know. These days, he's less of a man than he used to be. :v:

He's all right.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Man, I'm real bad at navigating lodestone. Have there been any events since the start of this month? I'm gonna resub when the Halloween event starts, but I can't tell if I've missed anything recently.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Antlions posted:

Man, I'm real bad at navigating lodestone. Have there been any events since the start of this month? I'm gonna resub when the Halloween event starts, but I can't tell if I've missed anything recently.

Since the start of this month? No.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Mazed posted:

Bits and pieces of Raubahn turn up in the strangest places.

:magical:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh my goodness

someone in this world is very proud of themselves right now

Holyshoot posted:

Looks even worse on mobile a hahahahah

Pussy Cartel posted:

I hate it already. :mad:

Ciaphas posted:

And dear god does it look like garbage.

The only good part is the part with all the character faces that's basically Where's Waldo, but instead it's Where's Fat Chocobo?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm more interested in that catgirl pose which is not in the game

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

I'm more interested in that catgirl pose which is not in the game
I doubt it will be because it appears to specifically involve the starter catgirl outfit.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Zereth posted:

I doubt it will be because it appears to specifically involve the starter catgirl outfit.
I meant the one on the left

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Loving that LB3 in 8-man Sastasha NM.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

I meant the one on the left

That's been the mooncatte racial pose in artwork since 1.0. I'm pretty sure it's never actually existed in all that time though

edit: since 2.0 at the very least. I'm almost positive it was used with 1.0 but it's shockingly hard to find 1.0 miqo'te screenshots that aren't side by side butt comparisons

kojei fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 21, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Trip report: had a cutter's cry white mage today that when not needing to heal, would ruin spam (not in cleric stance of course, because why would they?) And I told them that stone 2 was much more potent they said "yeah but that MP cost is high."

I think they felt adequate shame because they started using it then on out. I wasn't going to ask for much more because one victory is enough.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
the MP cost is probably significant if they just spammed cure 2 constantly along with medica

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hivac posted:

the MP cost is probably significant if they just spammed cure 2 constantly along with medica

It's cutter's cry. There's no real AOE damage from any of the bosses or enemies that force using medica in that situation (unless everyone gets hit by the 2nd boss), and white mages have shroud of saints by that point.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

seiferguy posted:

It's cutter's cry. There's no real AOE damage from any of the bosses or enemies that force using medica in that situation (unless everyone gets hit by the 2nd boss), and white mages have shroud of saints by that point.

That's kinda what I meant, you really shouldn't be having many mp troubles outside of extended fights unless you're being really inefficient

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hivac posted:

That's kinda what I meant, you really shouldn't be having many mp troubles outside of extended fights unless you're being really inefficient

Ah, I misinterpreted what you meant. I thought you were trying to defend the guy :v:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I bought this today it looks like a fun and cool game

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tried the test. Hit 20 but, I dunno. I never hit the point where the game drew me in to the point where I'd want to buy it. Maybe endgame raiding would have been better or maybe it's because so much content was quest-locked for me ( I never did get the chocobo ), I don't know. I tried all the basic classes and found them all so generic. Maybe the jobs would have been more interesting but since trial characters are limited to 20, I never got to find out. Paying $60 only to realize that it just isn't clicking for me didn't seem appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

khy posted:

Tried the test. Hit 20 but, I dunno. I never hit the point where the game drew me in to the point where I'd want to buy it. Maybe endgame raiding would have been better or maybe it's because so much content was quest-locked for me ( I never did get the chocobo ), I don't know. I tried all the basic classes and found them all so generic. Maybe the jobs would have been more interesting but since trial characters are limited to 20, I never got to find out. Paying $60 only to realize that it just isn't clicking for me didn't seem appealing.

The game gets progressively better as you go along; the first twenty levels are still part of what is essentially a giant tutorial. I don't really blame you for not being hooked by that point.

• Locked thread