Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Welp, I guess it's a good thing only half of the elite specs sounded interesting to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rand Brittain posted:

Do we still know nothing about any of the other zones in the expansion a few days before launch?

This is a really weird way to handle hype.
We don't even know what most of Verdant Brink looks like. All we've seen so far is two small parts of the zone and I don't think we've seen the canopy floor level (except maybe in some streams?).

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Haven't been playing as often the past few weeks to try to reset my interest for hot but drat that elite spec grind is disheartening. I'll probably get my ele to tempest, get bored and uninterested in doing the same content again for my robot engi let alone another 8 times.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rynder posted:

Haven't been playing as often the past few weeks to try to reset my interest for hot but drat that elite spec grind is disheartening. I'll probably get my ele to tempest, get bored and uninterested in doing the same content again for my robot engi let alone another 8 times.

Then get the remaining points from wvw

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rynder posted:

40 challenges in the jungle to completely unlock the spec if you are starting from scratch with no hero points at 80 isn't too bad. Remember that you don't need all 400 immediately and can unlock the traitline for the elite spec with 60 points which is only 6 challenges and I'm pretty sure I did around that many mastery challenges (which is what I assume they're using) in the first two bits of verdant brink during the betas and those ones didn't require gliding or anything weird. If they're the challenges I'm thinking of they also give mastery points so you'll presumably want to do them anyway.

For reference I think my characters with world completion have around 210ish hero points right now.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Riding the butterfly meta.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Late Unpleasantness posted:

Riding the butterfly meta.

Stillwater missing a Boss.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
OP is never updated. Good job Arus you idiot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lonk posted:

OP is never updated. Good job Arus you idiot.

RIP Aroos. You were too fat and stupid for this lovely idiot world.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Why do I have to do thing in game to get thing? Why isn't thing an account-wide unlock when I log in? I don't want the things but I need to have them!

I'll probably just end up logging in and playing the game for a few hours then logging off. :smith:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Inzombiac posted:

RIP Aroos.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

it has 4 ears to hear me scream inside

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

RIP Aroos. You were too fat and stupid for this lovely idiot world.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
OP is dead, post your cutest Asura.

Adhesive Gamin fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 21, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
rest in pepperoni, arus

we will always remember you

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow that's a lot of hero points, kinda puts a damper on things, I don't really have that kind of time to dump into this game anymore plus it means I can only really stick to Lin for the foreseeable future since she's the only char I have completion with and a significant amount of points(208 to be more specific).

Kinda shits on alts, hopefully they alter that, hope they look a bit more in Druid as well, as much as I like its to much support, nothing for solo play other than a few self buffs.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Keep in mind that Masteries are account-wide progress, it ought to be a pretty simple task to zip across the jungle grabbing points once you've got gliding and all progressed.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Requesting a series of these. It could be like Phlanges and the animes, except with surreptitiously staring at white human female butts instead.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Alteisen posted:

Wow that's a lot of hero points, kinda puts a damper on things, I don't really have that kind of time to dump into this game anymore plus it means I can only really stick to Lin for the foreseeable future since she's the only char I have completion with and a significant amount of points(208 to be more specific).

Kinda shits on alts, hopefully they alter that, hope they look a bit more in Druid as well, as much as I like its to much support, nothing for solo play other than a few self buffs.

Well, what elite specs are REALLY worth getting?

Tempest is pretty much useless, since it's main thing is making the Ele's attunement-swapping weaker in favor for something it could already do before.

Dragonhunter seems like a LB Ranger that can actually make use of its traps, as well as having an elite one.

The Reaper is basically a GS Warrior with chills, but that's still a big thing for necros, so point in that one.

Chronomancer...okay, bringing a reverse chill for your party and having TW on 90s cd is nifty.

Daredevil gets new dodge bar, dodge variants, but S/D thieves still have the best evades.

Berserker gives Warriors more burning and the first elite skill that has less than a 30s cd, but nothing really else that other professions can't already do better.

Scrapper has minions that die in three hits, an AoE stealth field with a minion that basically shouts WE'RE ALL HERE!, and actual melee DPS and Toughness, basically MADE for raids.

Druids, again, made for raids, since allied-healing is kinda mechanically useless anywhere else, even WvW zergs.

Herald offers nice boon duration buffs, perma-swiftness, and skills with voice-acting built into them that make you want to throw your headset/speakers into the trash.

I mean, take your pick. And it's not like they aren't at least giving us options on how to get the hero points.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Tempest and Berserker are meh but that's mainly because their base classes are so good already that it's hard to improve much. Everything else was fun from what I saw during the last beta.

Also has anyone bought the butterfly wings for Arus yet?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Mercurius posted:

Also has anyone bought the butterfly wings for Arus yet?
Due to lack of responses I have now sent Arus butterfly wings as it is a great injustice that ArenaNet did not just simply comp him an item with butter in the name.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Staff ele, class president, 3 more years.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

All of the elite specs are actually worth getting because if there's any time for playing builds aimed at novelty value, it's doing open world event zergs to farm experience for mastery tracks.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mercurius posted:

Due to lack of responses I have now sent Arus butterfly wings as it is a great injustice that ArenaNet did not just simply comp him an item with butter in the name.

He has 18 hours to craft the perfect screenshot.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

malhavok posted:

Can you build guild upgrades if the requirements are still queued up?
No.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Adhesive Gamin posted:

OP is cute, post your deadest Asura.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Has ArenaNet specified whether we can start unlocking elite specs immediately once HoT releases (assuming we have the hero points) or whether we'll have to do a story quest or something else to unlock them first?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Deadest asura

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Corey Feldman?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
gently caress you I want those aviators :qq:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So what am I missing on the 31st re: Guild Hall because just found out I won't have internet for a week during my move.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Don't fart on an elementalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ijyt posted:

So what am I missing on the 31st re: Guild Hall because just found out I won't have internet for a week during my move.

A bunch of goons staying in and complaining about how modern Halloween costumes are an affront to women and minorities.

• Locked thread