Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

I was quite sure I had a third one from Everdraed bookmarked, but apparently I didn't. Shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

IPCRESS posted:

I was quite sure I had a third one from Everdraed bookmarked, but apparently I didn't. Shame.

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013

Ludicro posted:

I see, I wonder what other horrible pubbies have been let in over the last 18 months.

:catstare: Then again horrible pubbie is such a relative term.

Considering that he has always been there when Nbreeki, Sterie and Buschmaki or pretty much any call out hes been there than most of the goons that still play the game or have joined. I remember Sterie pointing out that he is more goon than most of the goons that play Sto.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Northerneye posted:

Considering that he has always been there when Nbreeki, Sterie and Buschmaki or pretty much any call out hes been there than most of the goons that still play the game or have joined. I remember Sterie pointing out that he is more goon than most of the goons that play Sto.

I initially expressed the same sentiment, however after talking to him on mumble he seems pretty laid back and non-spergy.

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013

system protocol posted:

I initially expressed the same sentiment, however after talking to him on mumble he seems pretty laid back and non-spergy.

So did most of the goons until they finally spoke to him and saw him in call outs.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
I applied to the wiki as KevosSetzer.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
What the gently caress does Trendy's sexual identity have to do with 1) her job, 2) the game, and 3) any damned thing at all? For gently caress's sake, pubbies, IDIC does not stand for "I DIC(k all my fetish fuel bridge bunnies)."

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Dick Bass posted:

Akira and Steamrunner are really the only non-awful designs since the Galaxy. Why they designed Voyager to look like a flying poo poo trowel is beyond me.

The ship design was inspired by the Voyager actors. poo poo trowel quality all the way.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kevos Setzer posted:

I applied to the wiki as KevosSetzer.

Done.

Ahahaha he removed the video.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Preechr posted:

What the gently caress does Trendy's sexual identity have to do with 1) her job, 2) the game, and 3) any damned thing at all? For gently caress's sake, pubbies, IDIC does not stand for "I DIC(k all my fetish fuel bridge bunnies)."
Because there's a surprisingly large overlap between "sperglord who is terrified of change" and "deeply social conservative". The first part also makes sure that they don't even recognize the cognitive dissonance between being a furry fetishist while simultaneously massively homophobic, or what have you.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Ludicro posted:

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Catstar got banned.
From the forum?

Did he post anything new or was it the video and follow up exposure?

Asimo posted:

Because there's a surprisingly large overlap between "sperglord who is terrified of change" and "deeply social conservative". The first part also makes sure that they don't even recognize the cognitive dissonance between being a furry fetishist while simultaneously massively homophobic, or what have you.
Most of the things he tries to apply to Trendy is probably something that is about himself and what he desires, but with a furry twist.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

The guy is constantly posting weird conspiracy theory loon stuff on things he linked in his forum signature from what I recall when I first found him ages ago and posted it in here.

At the same time though, I did find him in game and give him the rightful EV suit hosing he deserved, but he seems to contain his crazy to the STO forums or places completely unconnected to the game.

All he did was stop, target me, then run over to the bank terminal for a bit and beamed to a que.

Edit: I also remember he had some ragequitting STO thread after his thread petitioning to make his character an NPC got set on fire.

I'm not sure if he actually quit (the game, since he still seemed to derp out on the forums) or not, but haven't seen him anywhere since.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 20, 2015

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
While this may be beating a dead brony, but it does look like Adventure Rat posted his video to Google+, which sparked further discussion.

Adventure Rat posted:

When discussing something on the forums im often threatened with being banned or censored about daring to mention my faith, then baited with (prove it) knowing ill get nabbed by mentioning or talking about my faith on the forums, should i show proof God is real. Yet, ive seen advertising for muhammad, satanism and most outspoken is atheism, promoted as the dominate force on the sto forums. No one threatens them, thats why i mentioned they are anti-Christian.
Unfortunately he was unable to provide any basis for this. You guys are clearly slacking!

Adventure Rat posted:

So your saying people should run wild without conscious, not considering who they affect or influence by disregarding morals? And people who say its wrong are the evil ones? Sounds more like the logic of a spoiled child, the very nature of satan himself who hated being told what to do and tried to twist scripture on Jesus to get him to sin by following his ways. [...]
I guess that everyone that doesn't agree with him is Satan.

Adventure Rat posted:

[...]I came to the game for exploring and to enjoy Picard style storys[sic].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

fakemirage posted:

While this may be beating a dead brony, but it does look like Adventure Rat posted his video to Google+, which sparked further discussion.
Unfortunately he was unable to provide any basis for this. You guys are clearly slacking!
I guess that everyone that doesn't agree with him is Satan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving, holy poo poo.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :suicide:

Also, not fair to submit masterstroke entries like this when you're running your own contest

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
OK, now the only thing left to resolve is which one of you magnificent bastards is Adventure Cat.

Because I refuse the believe that any actual living person could be this entertaining without being fully self-aware.

Oh, on the off chance that he is legit, check item 3. I wonder how that works should someone ask him his views on Lev 20:13

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 20, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to guess some variation on 'love the sinner, hate the sin', given his whackadoodle claim that Trendy needed psychiatric help.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Look who decided to stop by:

It's our good old friend stoleviathan99

Mondian posted:

Also, not fair to submit masterstroke entries like this when you're running your own contest
You mean my contest where I'm giving away 800M+ ec worth of ships?

I don't mind getting the ball rolling.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Not only is Catstarsto a complete trainwreck of a human being, he managed to get Soleviathan and Protogoth involved. Keep your prizes; this contest is already over.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DonDoodles posted:

Not only is Catstarsto a complete trainwreck of a human being, he managed to get Soleviathan and Protogoth involved. Keep your prizes; this contest is already over.

Honestly, this. Anyone can find all the standard "Orion used as a sex slave then somehow got their own ship" pubbies after just a few minutes in game. But this, this is something else entirely.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You first see 'adventure cat' and it's like OK, its a cat that goes on adventures or something and its got like an indiana jones hat? That's cool i guess, whatever, cats are cool.

Then you see oh wait nevermind, its a furry thing, yeah, no thanks

Then wait what? it's a right wing christian shithead furry? huh? well, ok

But also it thinks the statue of liberty is a giant secret pagan idol of apollo...

And is an obnoxious poo poo rat about LGBT people on top...

All of the psyducks, all of them.

Stoleviathan, who is kind of dense and a space cadet but harmless, and really not a bad guy, had a good point about glass houses.

Also, how can one Star Trek video game have two prominent loudmouth right-wing christian fundie fuckin furries.

Is furry bestiality stuff a predominantly right wing phenomenon? At least non-lgbt-furry? ar15.com has right wing gut nut furries.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 20, 2015

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

hakimashou posted:

ar15.com has right wing gut nut furries.

I don't want to see their hunting albums.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Catstar is a :psyduck: shaped piņata. Hit it and a golden :psyduck: plops out.

DonDoodles posted:

Thirding this. We're either all winners or religious furry bigots can't count!

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

bubbles depo posted:

Honestly, this. Anyone can find all the standard "Orion used as a sex slave then somehow got their own ship" pubbies after just a few minutes in game. But this, this is something else entirely.

Violent Kitten posted:

Thirding this. We're either all winners or religious furry bigots can't count!
Fine!

I'm sending out the first prize to the guy who brought Adventure.Cat to my attention.

http://gfycat.com/RelievedSphericalBrahmancow

I hope you're happy!

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 20, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Cryptic caters to furries, I can see them being drawn in by Champions but switching over to Star Trek once they realize Champions is completely dead.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

When is the next event? I know zrop said that I could have gotten a free spec point a few weeks ago but I was lazy.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

hakimashou posted:

But also it thinks the statue of liberty is a giant secret pagan idol of apollo...

I know I should be better than this, but this drives me insane. Someone already pointed out that, yeah, it's not apollo--it's a different pagan god. But it's not like it's supposed to be a secret.

But then there's the inane horseshit about it being the largest pagan statue on earth. I'm already annoyed because large statues portraying classical greek and roman figures aren't new, and sure as poo poo aren't a conspiracy by covert I don't know, I guess, sun worshippers, is that what he's worried about?

But then there's just the astounding ignorance on top of that about what kind of things there are that people have made:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_statues_by_height#Over_100_metres

You have to scroll for a while before you get to the statue of liberty. And it's not a bunch of loving jesuses, that's for god damned sure.

I don't know why. I guess the idea that hate and ignorance are kind of synonymous should just be something that I metabolize and understand, but the way that some of these loving conspiracy nuts are so hyper focused on ... like. loving. Did he never hear of even the sphinx? I guess that's not 'tallest'.

The only positive take away is that it annoyed me enough to look up a bunch of tall statues and learn something as a kind of effort to immunize myself against being that stupid.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9608533

It seems they are reducing the dil cost of awful ships, but this is a good opportunity to get your Miranda back for 2.5k dil if you dismissed it.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Goat Pillager posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9608533

It seems they are reducing the dil cost of awful ships, but this is a good opportunity to get your Miranda back for 2.5k dil if you dismissed it.
It's another dil sink for when the admiralty system hits and a bunch of mostly f2p players suddenly realize they can only run a couple admiralty missions a week without spending zen/dil on new ships.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Fine!

I'm sending out the first prize to the guy who brought Adventure.Cat to my attention.

I hope you're happy!

I can't say I'm happy, but this feels right.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

fakemirage posted:

Fine!

I hope you're happy!

Terrible.

Why do pubbies talk about me like they've met me or seen me play the game? I was on yesterday. There's nothing to do in the loving game except space money and rubbing off to space barbies.... and pissing people off.

Actually, that's the main reason I still play. If I want a quick way to piss people off, it's this game!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
STO pubbies remain the most broken people in any MMO I've played.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

STO pubbies remain the most broken people in any MMO I've played.

Same.

Though there is probably more broken ones out there in the wild, probably in other PWE games when I look at what Arc is trying to push.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Goat Pillager posted:

Same.

Though there is probably more broken ones out there in the wild, probably in other PWE games when I look at what Arc is trying to push.

It's harder to tell in other PWE games because they charge you for global tells in China MMOs. It's the only way to manage the gold spam you see.

Makes it harder to spot the broken people since they aren't talking as publicly.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Goat Pillager posted:

Same.

Yeah, there's plenty of people at least as broken as this in every other MMO really. STO just wins for the sheer density of sperg creep population.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

Yeah, there's plenty of people at least as broken as this in every other MMO really. STO just wins for the sheer density of sperg creep population.

This is true, the only things capable of giving it a run for it's money in those fields are probably off in the dark corners of the anime game realm.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

fakemirage posted:

So Adventure Rat is getting support from another fundie on Google+ who thinks LGBTI is evil.

He even makes himself out to be a bit of a crusader fighting evil.

Timothy Rex posted:

[...]My religion teaches that it IS law and that it IS a moral compass for everyone. My religion says that we are not to conform to the ways of this world, and that we are to fight evil wherever we find it. My religion says that we are all God's children, whether or not we believe it, and that He holds us all to His standards of morality and He will judge us by them, whether or not we accept them.

I will always fight evil wherever I find it.
And... oh dear, he's taking flying lessons.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 21, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

oh my god just look at that douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

He just really wants to be young Tom Cruise.

• Locked thread