Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I am mostly dominating my other leagues this year. I ascribe my garbage performance here to my inexperience with auction drafts, poor draft planning, poor dynasty planning, and poor idp understanding

So just a few minor gently caress ups on my part!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I am pleasantly surprised at having 6th most PF. I planned on sucking this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It does seem like IDP guys are routinely scoring 15+ each. I wanted them to be important, but they're more important than your offensive FLEX dude. Obviously nothing to do now, but during the offseason we can revisit the scoring setup if you guys like.

We'd have to be careful not to devalue potential keepers, though. Messing with the scoring in dynasty is tricky.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I love the IDP scoring

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

I love the IDP scoring

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I like the way it is now because it's the only way I can be competitive.

But I think next year we might want to tone down the points for tackles. There are so many defensive dudes that the waiver is full of guys that put up 10-15pts per week. There are not that many good offensive dudes, so I think we should make the offensive guys a little more valuable.

Just idle rambling, I kind of like the way it is now, but I'd rather play another defensive guy than my flex or TE.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I spent way too much on quarterbacks but god drat I need them :(

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Tackle scoring might be a little high. I think maybe for next year consider going to 1 point per solo tackle and .5 for Assist? Maybe look at the big play bonuses too? INT, FR, Safety, etc.

Edit: Then again, we all had the same rules and might mess with keepers and strategy if too much change is done, so maybe just leave it and realize IDP's score high in this league (but are really erratic due to high points for big plays) and adjust our strategies accordingly.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Zenner to IR

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, got it thanks SS.

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$214.00			$36.00
Who Da Titoons?			$209.50			$40.50
Percy Riot			$159.00			$91.00
Gridiron Chefs			$205.50			$44.50
Team McLean			$203.00			$47.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.50			$20.50
Awesome Cougars			$181.50			$68.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$245.50			$4.50
Concord Concordes		$240.00			$10.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$161.00			$89.00
Placeholder Team Name		$184.50			$65.50
Hawk Hunters			$199.50			$50.50
Looks like I overpaid for every one of the players I just FAABed. In fact only Hankerson had any competition in the auction this morning, so everyone who paid over a dollar for a guy overpaid. I suppose at least that shows we all assume someone else might want our guy, which is good?

When considering scoring, we don't have to be constrained to half-point increments, btw. I definitely don't think IDP scoring is outright broken right now, it's just something that will be worth revisiting from time to time as we get settled into this league longer-term, since there's no firm standard scoring scheme and we kind of just napkin-math/eyeballed it to get started.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
IDP scoring is worth a look in the offseason. I'm pretty okay with defensive players being worth more than the flex - there are four core offensive players after all. But the variance on IDP is pretty noticeable. Or maybe I just don't really "get" IDP yet.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Kiko alonso off ir, deandre levy on

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

IDP scoring is worth a look in the offseason. I'm pretty okay with defensive players being worth more than the flex - there are four core offensive players after all. But the variance on IDP is pretty noticeable. Or maybe I just don't really "get" IDP yet.

No, I think you're right. 6 points for an interception, safety, blocked kick or as many as 7 for recovering a fumble (if they happened to force it) are very high and add a lot of variance vs things that happen more consistently.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I agree with toning down IDP points next year

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Tyrod Taylor to ir, probably briefly

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pre:
Team				Current total salary	Current salary cap space
First Down Syndrome		$214.00			$36.00
Who Da Titoons?			$209.50			$40.50
Percy Riot			$159.00			$91.00
Gridiron Chefs			$205.50			$44.50
Team McLean			$203.00			$47.00
Former Kicker Ray Finkle	$229.50			$20.50
Awesome Cougars			$181.50			$68.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$246.50			$3.50
Concord Concordes		$240.00			$10.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$161.00			$89.00
Placeholder Team Name		$182.00			$68.00
Hawk Hunters			$199.50			$50.50

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Holy poo poo stat corrections actually happened last week and I won :confuoot:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
you fucker

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Whew. Now I don't have to feel bad for not explicitly offering to trade Uani' Unga to you. He played Monday night, was on my bench, and would have gotten you a win, but as a commish I thought it might be a bit iffy to push a trade I was involved in through.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

you fucker

:dukedog:

Leperflesh posted:

Whew. Now I don't have to feel bad for not explicitly offering to trade Uani' Unga to you. He played Monday night, was on my bench, and would have gotten you a win, but as a commish I thought it might be a bit iffy to push a trade I was involved in through.

I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. I didn't deserve to have a linebacker that week

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Miller has more points than my team right now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also Gridiron and me have teams playing like poo poo. Pretty amusing as long as my guts turn it up and his get benched.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I say that, the luck, foster, and watt go off for 45.

gently caress you, gridiron.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah but Foster just hurt his achilles, so...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
After putting up 27.

That guy cant catch a break.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah but Foster just hurt his achilles, so...

:( My whole team is destined to be out for the season I swear.

Cobb off/Foster on IR come Tuesday *sigh* I keep thinking I have a chance this year even with all the youth I went with drafting, and the injuries keep slapping me in the face.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 25, 2015

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
looks like I'm gonna squeak by with another win thanks to lucky scheduling

e: nvm, fuckin Danny Woodhead lol

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 26, 2015

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
jesus christ woodhead racking up the garbage time points

gently caress the raiders prevent D

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

It's a defensive battle! Good thing I am horrible at choosing my lineup and left in boldin after picking up amendola to replace him!!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My match is feeling uncomfortably close right now. I have to play CJ?K tomorrow and he could be a total bust as easily as a big score... and CJ mosely could have a decent day too.

Meanwhile, Fletcher Cox must be hurt or something?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nope not hurt, just a garbage game. Chris Johnson + 3 points vs. C.J. Mosely. Eesh.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Up 33.1 on Finkle, with his Palmer, Floyd and Calais Campbell yet to play :ohdear:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Up three on brick squad

Lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my record

RIP my playoff dreams

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

my record

RIP my playoff dreams

I want to be 3-3 in any other division than mine :(

RIP my playoff dreams, too.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Nerf brick squad

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Nerf brick squad

Absent a three-point stat correction, brick squad lost though?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Can the 1-5 Placeholder Team Name upset the 5-1 1017 BRICK SQUAD? Will the 2-4 Awesome Cougars upset the 4-2 Former Kicker Ray Finkle?

The answer is YES, and... maybe. :)

Spermy Smurf posted:

RIP my playoff dreams, too.

Stevie Lee posted:

my record

RIP my playoff dreams

quote:

Nobody has been eliminated from playoff contention just yet. And if you're feeling way behind, don't despair: even if you get eliminated from the playoffs, you can still conceivably win the consolation tournament, which brings a cash prize. And the bottom four teams going into the playoffs get the top four picks in next year's draft!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
But we don't want to win the "haha you suck" consolation bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So win the next six games