Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There is a lot of value in the Paul Ryan speaker market right now. NO seems to be pretty undervalued considering he's told the freedom caucus his demands and now they have 2-3 days to hem and haw about it until Friday. There are bound to be some news stories coming that bump up those NO shares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nachos posted:

There is a lot of value in the Paul Ryan speaker market right now. NO seems to be pretty undervalued considering he's told the freedom caucus his demands and now they have 2-3 days to hem and haw about it until Friday. There are bound to be some news stories coming that bump up those NO shares.

This is good advice; if I weren't all tangled up in Biden I'd take it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
This thread is so much fun :)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anyone else signed up for Draft Biden emails? Supposedly they're letting supporters know that they need to make a buzz on media and get local politicians to support Biden.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I just want to establish this rule right now : Whether or not Biden ends up running whoever ends up being right isn't allowed to gloat about it too much. You can gloat a bit though. Just a bit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm really going to laugh my rear end off if this has all just been the machinations of the Draft Biden guys trying to cajole Joe to run.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
It pretty much has been, yeah. imo.

Never ever underestimate grifters with a huge financial interest to grift.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

I'm really going to laugh my rear end off if this has all just been the machinations of the Draft Biden guys trying to cajole Joe to run.

This is my take. I really want to see the language of that email.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my guess: wednesday's market will wrecking-ball around a lot like monday's market. remember, on monday several talking heads were saying something'd happen within 48hr. predictitors won't forget that. plus, biden's speaking to URI. they're going to shake and bake at every little tweet.

because of this, i say sell what you have now and buy low tomorrow. those NO shares will come down to low .20s, high .10s if the swings are anything like monday's. and if you're feeling antsy, still sell and head to the paul ryan market.

i guess my point is i don't see the market going above $.32 for the next 8hr. might as well sell and buy NO low.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wish I were that attuned; I've been more conservative and will probably just sit on my .38 average.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

my guess: wednesday's market will wrecking-ball around a lot like monday's market. remember, on monday several talking heads were saying something'd happen within 48hr. predictitors won't forget that. plus, biden's speaking to URI. they're going to shake and bake at every little tweet.

because of this, i say sell what you have now and buy low tomorrow. those NO shares will come down to low .20s, high .10s if the swings are anything like monday's. and if you're feeling antsy, still sell and head to the paul ryan market.

i guess my point is i don't see the market going above $.32 for the next 8hr. might as well sell and buy NO low.

Today's market was weird. Crazy volume that failed to move it in any direction. 80,000 shares traded, which is tons compared to any day except yesterday. Chunks of hundreds or thousands of shares on both sides that were orderly chewed through.

I'm not making any predictions other that I will be selling if it goes above 35 and buying below 25, trying not to get in too deep but still having enough skin in the game for a decent payout

I just realized that I have cleared $25 after fees in the last week from constantly buying and selling. Which probably works out to $2/hour when I should be doing homework and writing papers.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
As a note: right now is, according to traders, the most reasonable evidence that Biden will run. Not 3 months ago when he actually had a chance and there was a ton of time. Now, after a major debate with two clear front runners. This market is stupid. This is the highest it has been.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Necc0 posted:

I just want to establish this rule right now : Whether or not Biden ends up running whoever ends up being right isn't allowed to gloat about it too much. You can gloat a bit though. Just a bit.

Can I gloat extra for having kept the same position for months?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

Can I gloat extra for having kept the same position for months?

Why don't you ask your spaghetti for answers. :shittydog:

Tenasscity has issued a correction as of 11:58 on Oct 21, 2015

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Stereotype posted:

As a note: right now is, according to traders, the most reasonable evidence that Biden will run. Not 3 months ago when he actually had a chance and there was a ton of time. Now, after a major debate with two clear front runners. This market is stupid. This is the highest it has been.

what evidence?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Abel Wingnut posted:

Alternatively head on over to the Biden as the Democratic nominee market, Biden fans have it down to the low 70s/high 60s. It's a bit longer of a bet, but there really is 0 chance that doesn't go up to the low 80s/mid 90s within a week or two.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Gyges posted:

Alternatively head on over to the Biden as the Democratic nominee market, Biden fans have it down to the low 70s/high 60s. It's a bit longer of a bet, but there really is 0 chance that doesn't go up to the low 80s/mid 90s within a week or two.

That's a pretty safe bet and assuming he doesn't announce today, it should go into 80/90 range as early as tomorrow. It's very likely Hillary is going to savage the benghazi committee, especially now that multiple stories about it being a partisan witch hunt have come out. The Biden boys on PredictIt seem to be basing a lot of their logic on Hillary being hurt by these attacks so when she comes out looking like a champ the Biden enthusiasm should go down fast.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Abel Wingnut posted:

what evidence?

I think he's saying that YES is at an all time high

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

It's been 48 hours since the "he's announcing in 48 hours!" Monday spike and the price is still at a loving dirt cheap 31 cents. This is ridiculous.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nachos posted:

It's been 48 hours since the "he's announcing in 48 hours!" Monday spike and the price is still at a loving dirt cheap 31 cents. This is ridiculous.

I might max out if it sticks here much longer. Doubt he'll announce today, though, with the Benghazi stuff going on.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

biden's speaking now...

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!
Biden YES is tanking!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Just went past 50c, very tempting to sell now.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I bailed the moment I saw Biden announcing on Rose Garden with Obama. Slight profit. So it goes.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm watching this now and ready to dump shares at a moment's notice, haha.

e: yay for my wallet, boo for Bernie's chances

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

NOT RUNNING!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oooooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaas

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha yesssss. Woke up this morning with a feeling, grabbed 25 shares of Biden No at 32.

Shoulda bought more :/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Predictor is only working in the technical sense on my phone at the moment. Glad I managed to pull most of my sell order off before it sold.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 23, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shoulda maxed, but I'll humbly accept my $1k or so.

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

Gyges posted:

Predictor is only working in the technical sense on my phone at the moment. Glad I managed to pull most of my sell order off before it sold.

Same here. I cancelled my .50 sell order and put in a .97 when I saw he was speaking from the Rose Garden

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Thank you Diamond Joe. I should finally be up from my disastrous string of bets on Fiorina, the Debt Ceiling, and Trump polls.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Yeah, I was going to try and get in on one more SELL NO buy , but that site crashed quickkkk

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JohnnyPalace posted:

Same here. I cancelled my .50 sell order and put in a .97 when I saw he was speaking from the Rose Garden

Ok, dumb question here I'm sure but what's the point of selling at .97 now? Because there's a chance that someone will buy them and you'll get your money sooner?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
hell yeah I'm back in the black

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

gently caress me. Welp, here I am. I'm showing up for my well-deserved beating. Bring it on, boys.

Didn't you drop your shares after the debate? I thought you switched sides and a newcomer came to take your place.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

This is glorious. Just glorious.

PredictIt still crashed, though, robbing me of my well-deserved bounty of those delicious Bidenite tears.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

gently caress me. Welp, here I am. I'm showing up for my well-deserved beating. Bring it on, boys.

I thought you went to the Dark NO side after last Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

lelandjs posted:

Ok, dumb question here I'm sure but what's the point of selling at .97 now? Because there's a chance that someone will buy them and you'll get your money sooner?

For the poll ones it's a necessity, since not only might RCP not update at the right time, but PredictIt might pull their results at the wrong time. They've been wrong more than 3% of the time.

• Locked thread