Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Broseph Brostar posted:

girls can be gamers but gamers can't be girl gamers, your vagina has nothing to do with playing video games and has nothing to do with you being a gamer, if you call yourself a "girl gamer" instead of a gamer then you are most likely after extra privileges for being a girl like free gear, getting carried etc and as such you deserve to be ridiculed. If you use your gender in-game to achieve a positive reaction for yourself then you have to take the negative with the positive.

go outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mak0rz posted:

gaming is dead

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yeah there was that last anime fighting game with a really hilariously ridiculous name... what was it... ah here it is... Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIGgbs030k

Wait are any of the Dragonball/Naruto games any good? I heard Xenoverse is ok... but the Naruto games on steam seem to have gotten a rather mixed reception.

Though I see what you mean in that the Dragonballs and Narutos and One Pieces can get medium budget 3D fighting games and Dynasty Warriors clones made whereas these other anime fighters are basically MUGEN ports with anime fanart drawn by flash artists and appear to have a combined budget lower than Skullgirls.

I haven't actually played the shonen fighters myself but like you said they have a bigger budget and they generally seem to have been received well afaik.

Note that the weeaboo fighters often have ridiculously high prices (I think last time I checked out the Japanese PSN store some of them were upwards to 8,000 yen, lmao).

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

girls can be gamers but gamers can't be girl gamers, your vagina has nothing to do with playing video games and has nothing to do with you being a gamer, if you call yourself a "girl gamer" instead of a gamer then you are most likely after extra privileges for being a girl like free gear, getting carried etc and as such you deserve to be ridiculed. If you use your gender in-game to achieve a positive reaction for yourself then you have to take the negative with the positive.

Feminism, if you ask me, is for the loss. Big time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i am a male gamer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's good that women can also be annoying elitists about playing games. That's what true equality is.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

i am a male gamer

if you must

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

corn in the bible posted:

i am a male gamer

Do you game males?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only at the weekend

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
playing doom 2 after 5 or more years without playing and it is really loving good, makes me wish borderlands 2 wouldn't have npcs or an open world, just a menu with dungeons, and preferably the option of increasing or decreasing the levels of enemies of said dungeons, just like disgaea, now that would be a loving perfect game. No car sessions, no dialog no story no nothing, just dungeons and loot.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

One summer night, two boys were in their tree fort where girls aren't allowed, playing video games. Suddenly an announcement came on the radio: "A feminist has wandered out of its burrow and is headed towards boyzones. This particular harpy is called Girl Gamer, because after what is believed to be a credit rating downgrade, it has ceased to take an interest in shopping for shoes while listening to Cyndi Lauper's hit single Girls Just Want To Have Fun. Enlightened ladder theorists warn that this shrew will attempt to friendzone you, and worse, talk about how video games supposedly aren't perfect in every way." One of the boys got scared, because he was a liberal, but the bigger boy had a gun so he was able to calm down the one that was fey. They ended up playing video games in their tree fort all night. But when morning came, and they opened the door to their man sanctum, they found a gruesome surprise. At the bottom of the ladder, there was a Ms. Pacman cartridge.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

crawling in my skin

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Reapers worked better when they weren't explained at all.
I only played ME1 but I got to the part where the King Reaper skypes you and gloats about how amazing and ineffable he is and it was absolutely terrible. they're just lovely Shivans from Freespace

for some reason I finished it anyway and that was my last Bioware game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Ah yes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Girl gamers are okay provided they like the right games. E.g., NOT Final Fantasy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

And it doesn't even matter that they will be playing in the end.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Girl gamers are fine so long as they're male. I mean that's like a basic minimum requirement.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I too wish to include women in this terrible hobby.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So do people use Bruteforce Savedata to power through bad games? Or is there some other program out now that allows you to alter bad games?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

i really feel like Ubisoft doesn't really get a fair shake, their AAA games can be huge steaming piles, but off the beaten path is stuff like Rayman, Child of Light, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Trackmania, and Blood Dragon. They just get lumped in with EA and Acti because of Uplay, which is terrible, but easily circumvented.
No, they get lumped in with EA and Activision because Ubisoft is in active competition with them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you don't like a game, don't play it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Taint Reaper posted:

So do people use Bruteforce Savedata to power through bad games? Or is there some other program out now that allows you to alter bad games?

I use Youtube.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah, the uninstall mod.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"I hope I can use science to change the data of this game so I can avoid playing more of it."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

In Training posted:

Yeah, the uninstall mod.

No really I'm looking for a game enchancer for PS3 and Xbox 360 games so I can access dead/unfinished content. I recently did similar stuff for MH3 Tri and got the online mode working again over LAN.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like Dirt Rally. I think it's a fun game with good tracks, it's super hard if you pick the wrong right car like the RWD cars but there's really easy cars out there, too. I like trying to get that one good run on a track and there's something very satisfying about having tried again and again and finally go through a stage without doing major errors. I think it's similar to Trackmania in that way, especially since the tracks I like the most in Trackmania take 1-2 minutes and the shorter stages in Dirt Rally are that long.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I also think Trackmania and Dirt Rally better encompass that feeling of accomplishment for having worked hard to get through a stage better than Dark Souls does.

Dark Souls - it's the Trackmania of action games.

edit: Don't forget that Trackmania has a way better stage select function than Dark Souls does.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Great Joe posted:

I also think Trackmania and Dirt Rally better encompass that feeling of accomplishment for having worked hard to get through a stage better than Dark Souls does.

Dark Souls - it's the Trackmania of action games.

edit: Don't forget that Trackmania has a way better stage select function than Dark Souls does.

trackmania is seriously good and it's one of my faves, but it (United Forever, not the new ones) has a lot of trouble working with Nvidia Optimus drivers and it looks like steaming dog poo poo because it thinks I have only like 9MB of vram :sigh:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

trackmania is seriously good and it's one of my faves, but it (United Forever, not the new ones) has a lot of trouble working with Nvidia Optimus drivers and it looks like steaming dog poo poo because it thinks I have only like 9MB of vram :sigh:
I've got a solution for you, friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcrJkF9aMXc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

have you tried enforcing actual gpu to be used by the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

It sounds like you're PC has the wrong kind of ram.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ekster posted:

I too wish to include women in this terrible hobby.

videogames are good; gamers are bad

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

kalstrams posted:

have you tried enforcing actual gpu to be used by the game

yes.

it's not an uncommon problem and no conclusive solution has been found yet. Somewhere in that thread I said that I managed to find my old config files from my previous computer (a hunk of garbage Toshiba Satellite with an Intel HD4000 GPU). The game looked great on that considering I couldn't even run GZDoom on it.

Restoring those files to this computer makes it look nice, but it resets to pukemode after fiddling with anything. Someone I know suspects it's the game's launcher, as bypassing it doesn't seem to revert the graphics. Never really experimented with that a lot though.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 21, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

yes.

it's not an uncommon problem and no conclusive solution has been found yet.
sucks to have your computer i guess

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Motto posted:

Games ARE gamers.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

kalstrams posted:

sucks to have your computer i guess

I'll live. It runs a lot of games fine on max/high settings, though it's really only good for :airquote:last gen:airquote: gaming, which is okay for me really. I think the hottest thing I threw at it so far was AC brotherhood and it took it like a champ.

If I really need to play track mania without it looking like a runny dog turd I can just use my gf's desktop.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Trackmania is really good. I liked the gamemode where you had to build a track with limited assets while being given where start, finish and checkpoints are and then drive it in a set amount of time. It's the only puzzle racing game I know.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Motto posted:

hate the player, not the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

No Such Thing posted:

yea, that seems about right.

a band that was popular the last time I cared about a blizzard game, yeah that fits

Mak0rz posted:

I bought one of the trackmania games on Steam a few years ago after years of goons gushing over it, and it didn't really play like a driving game at all and didn't have good controller support and controlled with the arrow keys so I played it a little then never played it again

that's my trackmania story, I hope they made that stuff better

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 21, 2015

• Locked thread