Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I'm having some weird stuff with my companions on my Bounty Hunter. I don't know if it's because I've got another Bounty Hunter on the same server, but I got credit for finishing the companion conversations before I'd done them all with Gault and Torian, and I didn't get credit despite none being left for Blizz and Skadge. The character I was doing it on is 60 and has completed everything so I'm at a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's some huge weirdness with companions right now. I'm pretty sure if you had Treek you don't actually get access to the ship droid, for example. I noticed that none of my characters could use them while other people say it's working fine, and it all sort of came together when I logged in one who had Treek active and they appeared as a disjointed ship droid model because somehow the droid's customization item was equipped onto Treek instead. :stare: I suspect the system wasn't designed to expected additional companions which is pretty goddamn sad. Though I imagine it'll be fixed eventually and you lose the ship droid when you start KotFE anyway...

And no idea as for the companion quest conversation stuff but it sounds like there's a whole lot of bugs, yes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So can you not get rank 6 gifts from crew missions? That's pretty lame.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Asimo posted:

There's some huge weirdness with companions right now. I'm pretty sure if you had Treek you don't actually get access to the ship droid, for example. I noticed that none of my characters could use them while other people say it's working fine, and it all sort of came together when I logged in one who had Treek active and they appeared as a disjointed ship droid model because somehow the droid's customization item was equipped onto Treek instead. :stare: I suspect the system wasn't designed to expected additional companions which is pretty goddamn sad. Though I imagine it'll be fixed eventually and you lose the ship droid when you start KotFE anyway...

And no idea as for the companion quest conversation stuff but it sounds like there's a whole lot of bugs, yes.
I don't have Treek and lost the droid :iiam:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Am I dumb or are heroic 2+'s still totally soloable? I was doing the cz-198 droid kill and I ended at full health and it was stupid easy. Normally I would at least need to use defensive cooldowns.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh cool, Ye olde frozen cutscene bug is still around and loving me over

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If anyone has a ton of basic comms and are near the cap the old gift fragment vendors on the fleet now take comms. 10 basic for a rank 5 purple gift. I was feeding Treek some just to mess around and each one gave 951 affection and didn't seem to have any falloff. Went from rank 11 to rank 15 in about 2 minutes.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Two characters in a row now where all of Treek's gear just went away instead of being de-equipped from her and mailed to me. Including her weapon. So that's a thing.

Oh, and some of M1-4X's stuff didn't get converted to droid parts on the trooper.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I didn't get any of Treeks gear which sucks because that poo poo was 192 and better than mine.

Also I found an amazing dye for my Thexan's armor and I feel I need to share it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

My sniper has all Treek, HK and her ship droid still, but my Trooper's Charged Bolts has completely vanished into the ether, and it's not like the BH Shoulder Cannon that got moved to 61, it's just flat out gone.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
So uhm, is old PVP gear simply unacquirable at this point?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

My sniper has all Treek, HK and her ship droid still, but my Trooper's Charged Bolts has completely vanished into the ether, and it's not like the BH Shoulder Cannon that got moved to 61, it's just flat out gone.
gently caress if I remember trooper skills, but was it replaced by an ability from your spec? Since that's a thing that happens now.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Yeah, the old 'this shares a cooldown with an improved version in your spec' powers just get replaced outright now. So if you're gunnery charged bolts just gets replaced wholesale with grav rounds now.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

cheesetriangles posted:

Also I found an amazing dye for my Thexan's armor and I feel I need to share it.

I have that dye on my Jedi Consular’s Thexan set and it looks amazing.

Note – doing the class and story quests on Tython, my Jedi was about lvl 13. Adding on the exploration quests took him to lvl 15. Add the Heroic +2 on Tython, the holocrons on Tython, and all of the “quests” on the fleet (crew skills, advanced class) and he was lvl 17 by the time he stepped foot on Coruscant.

Another note – apparently ALL tactical flashpoints are available at lvl 15. When I opened up group finder, the Esseles FP was blacked out, but all of the other ones were available, even the ones from SoR. I didn’t see any of the “storyline” FP’s on the list though.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Up to chapter 4 in the expansion. No story spoilers but everything is really solid so far. Quality of life changes are great, story seems fun and interesting and new, companions are interesting.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I really wish they had made Social exp cumulative across your Legacy... Getting to high Social levels is even harder now that the game is even more SP.

Someone should talk to Bioware about that.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Beeme posted:

So uhm, is old PVP gear simply unacquirable at this point?

What do you mean by old? If you mean the really old lvl 20 and 40 sets then there are vendors on the capital planets. If you mean the old 60 gear then yes that's gone.

No reason for any of it besides looks since Bolstering gear with Expertise below 65 hurts you rather than helps.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Asimo posted:

1) Commendation data crystal vendors only sell green mods now, so this is probably a net (if minor) decrease in leveling player power. I guess they wanted people to use blue drop upgrades while they last? There's also no commendation equipment vendors on the fleet anymore, but I haven't checked the planets yet.

There is still one commendation equipment vendor on the fleet. The guy who sells level 7 or 8 class-restricted oranges didn't get the boot.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Oh man, beating and choking the poo poo out of Quinn felt so good. It also made me realize that somewhere out there, there is star wars fanfiction where force choke is used for erotic asphyxiation.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

What do you mean by old? If you mean the really old lvl 20 and 40 sets then there are vendors on the capital planets. If you mean the old 60 gear then yes that's gone.

No reason for any of it besides looks since Bolstering gear with Expertise below 65 hurts you rather than helps.

Yeah, level 60 gear was what I meant. I wanted to get some for the looks. I know that there are alternatives with the exact same appearance, but getting them through pvp seemed like the easier way.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 21, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beeme posted:

Oh man, beating and choking the poo poo out of Quinn felt so good. It also made me realize that somewhere out there, there is star wars fanfiction where force choke is used for erotic asphyxiation.

I'm sure there is fanfiction like that, but at least I hadn't thought of it before now. :qq:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI there's a small bug where if you have datacrons unlocked from a character that is now deleted, they don't show up in your legacy unlocks. I'm missing 3 from low level worlds in my list yet I have the Datacron Master achievement since a ways back, so I should have them. Submitted a bug report about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

I didn't get any of Treeks gear which sucks because that poo poo was 192 and better than mine.

That's terrible cosplay, where's your robot arm?

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
LS Healer Jaesa rocks.

E: How do I queue up for solo flashpoints? I accepted the Directive 7 mission, but every time I go into it, it's a group mode flashpoint.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That's, uh, really kind of a bummer about comm gear vendors. Guess I'll have to get to work on those recipes on my Cybertech now :(

Mayne
Mar 22, 2008

To crooked eyes truth may wear a wry face.
Does anyone here play on Red Eclipse EU server? I started playing couple of days ago and I'd like to join a guild.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
When I summoned Khem Val last night, he came up as a healer (I guess that's first in the drop-down list). The fact that it's even an option makes me uncomfortable.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

prefect posted:

When I summoned Khem Val last night, he came up as a healer (I guess that's first in the drop-down list). The fact that it's even an option makes me uncomfortable.

Did he have pants on?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well given what I saw about someone's spoilers for an FE character earlier, I have a question and I'm wondering if a different dialogue choice made things go differently. Chapter 8 iirc spoilers I really, really liked HK-55 and was bummed when he destroyed himself. It says there is no chance to rebuild him. :smith: Is that true for everyone? I really hope he can come back as he's way cooler than 51.

All in all FE was pretty good, and I'll probably do a big write up about my thoughts on it later.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 21, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The companion reaction notification is pointlessly out of the way now, and I miss it most of the time. What a stupid change.

Also I love how new updated character models are great at making your old ones look painfully retarded by comparison.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Did he have pants on?

Nope; just that loincloth he wears.

Slim Killington posted:

The companion reaction notification is pointlessly out of the way now, and I miss it most of the time. What a stupid change.

:agreed: Even though you're not trying to play the conversations for maximum affection, it would be nice if you could tell how they react.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you can't see the corner of the screen you're sitting too close.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

If you can't see the corner of the screen you're sitting too close.

I can see it, but it doesn't draw my attention away from reading the subtitles. So I miss it a lot.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

Nope; just that loincloth he wears.

:agreed: Even though you're not trying to play the conversations for maximum affection, it would be nice if you could tell how they react.

You can change it in the Interface Editor...just change the dropdown with Main HUD to Conversation.

Edit: You can change where the subtitles are as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

You can change it in the Interface Editor...just change the dropdown with Main HUD to Conversation.

I'm away from the game right now, but I will give this a shot as soon as I get home. Thanks for the tip. :tipshat:

Guy Innagorillasuit
Jul 24, 2009

*Bill Lundberg voice* "Yeah...so...um...if you could all just take off your pants and email them to me, that'd be greaat..."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MikeyLikesIt posted:

LS Healer Jaesa rocks.

E: How do I queue up for solo flashpoints? I accepted the Directive 7 mission, but every time I go into it, it's a group mode flashpoint.

I think you have to actually zone in to the actual FP itself to get the solo option.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Alter Ego posted:

That's, uh, really kind of a bummer about comm gear vendors. Guess I'll have to get to work on those recipes on my Cybertech now :(

Join me on the 'burn through cybertech while playing at work' quest!

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.
Companion reactions are supposed to show up near the center of the screen now, but they're a customizable UI component that can be repositioned. We don't override your custom UI profile when we make layout changes, which is why most of you probably see it in its old spot. You can either move it to where you want or reload one of the default UI profiles.

There will come a dark day when I do an overhaul of the entire HUD and make many enemies because it will probably have to just nuke all their custom UIs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

waffledoodle posted:

Companion reactions are supposed to show up near the center of the screen now, but they're a customizable UI component that can be repositioned. We don't override your custom UI profile when we make layout changes, which is why most of you probably see it in its old spot. You can either move it to where you want or reload one of the default UI profiles.

There will come a dark day when I do an overhaul of the entire HUD and make many enemies because it will probably have to just nuke all their custom UIs

If I reload one of the default UI profiles, do my buttons get moved around? Or will they still be where they're supposed to be once I add the extra bars back in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

waffledoodle posted:

Make a way for the dye preview to show on specific pieces and release them at the same time. You'll distract half your enemies with pretty new colors.

• Locked thread