Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Honestly they should just cap the loops if they're going to pull this poo poo.

Or at least let the game keep going after the ending as well as allow the player to see all possible content before going into crazyloop mode (like you automatically you go to the IDPD instead of the next loop after you beat both forms of the loop's throne, and play the ending and then repeat loops as normal like an old arcade game would.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Eaten by Tigers posted:

What I Learned Today: The small generators in the Palace can explode, thanks shielder.

Today I learned that if you take the stress mutation and lose a few hp, the gatling rocket launcher will kill you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Brasseye posted:

Today I learned that if you take the stress mutation and lose a few hp, the gatling rocket launcher will kill you.

I'm assuming this happens because it's firing so fast that a rocket will hit the one in front of it and just explode both of them (and you). If so, that's comical and also probably should be fixed.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The default rate of fire doesn't do that if you stand still at least.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It actually used to, though. :v:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I guess in limited defense, my understanding is that loops are still mostly placeholder and meant for players who have been playing so long they need insane challenges. It also seems to serve as a harsh test for some weapon and ability balances so they can iron out all the sure-fire-win builds and weapons. They've stated that you're not meant to loop more than once, with twice unlocking hard mode as a sort of skill gate if you want to go that far. I guess any further than that is just a suicide challenge.

If I had to guess, the idea is that you loop once, and then go to HQ to actually win the game once you're armed heavily enough to take out the Captain. Maybe with better/different endings or unlocks if you do so on loop 2, or 3 if they make it possible?

As it is, most of the loop 1 content seems mostly reasonable now with the need to iron things out more, but loop 2 and beyond is just stupid. Not even superplayers can get to them or beat them much anymore.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't think loop 2 is totally insane but it's definitely very very hard. Hard enough that most people don't make it that far anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing loops toned down again, I'd like to consistently hit 3k kills again lmao

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 19, 2015

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Finishing the game is bugged at the moment right? I finally made my way to the Throne with YV (in no small part because of my auto crossbow / lightning gun combo) but after I blew it up from across the room it just sat there.

It's funny to me how the snowy city gives you a lot of breathing space compared to the scrapyard since if you have a good and accurate weapon you can easily pick off enemies one by one. Lil' Hunter's fight is still hilariously binary for me though -- either I kill him within 3 seconds or I eat it.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Have you played much recently? To loop now you have to blow up the 4 generators before you kill the throne.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's also bugged so that you can't sit on the throne to end the game right now, as far as I know.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yes right now looping is your only option. Unintentionally.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just had an IDPD squad show up at the start of a level for no reason (it was the first level of the ice world where you aren't ambushed by scripted IDPD and there's no crown statue). Can they... do that now? Or did something go wrong?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm not sure. I think that the level IDPD first show up on at the start might be somewhat random or determined by Difficulty number or something, but that's quite early for IDPD that don't come from a statue/IDPD chest.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah, I figured it out because it just happened again in the scrapyard. I was actually on 5-2 (which does have a crown statue), but for some reason I entered the level with the statue activated and ready to be destroyed, which led to IDPD spawning at the same time I did. It just now happened again in 3-2.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just got to L2 7-2 on today's daily using mostly the bouncer shotgun lmao

I think this weapon is secretly good

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I like it.

I also like using it with the Eraser because I can pretend I'm Little Hunter (and blow up within 3 seconds of entering a level)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
To be fair, I was using it with eagle eyes which I think makes it far better. And recycle gland. A buncha times on loop I was just holding down m1 around a corner gradually whittling down crowds

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

To be fair, I was using it with eagle eyes which I think makes it far better. And recycle gland. A buncha times on loop I was just holding down m1 around a corner gradually whittling down crowds

I think the bouncer weapons have some of the best damage:ammo ratios of all the bullet weapons so yeah they can be pretty drat good, especially since unlike pop they work with recycle gland.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My favorite way to kill little hunter is to use the nuke launcher and time a nuke so he lands right on top of it.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Mine is the super plasma cannon

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Mine is when I mash m1 with a hyper rifle and he gets stuck in a corner.

AUUHUHAUGHUAHGUHGH

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I feel like I have gotten nothing but the same basic weapons every run because none of what you guys mention rings any bells. I've never even seen nukes or bouncers or super stuff.
Then again I only get to 7-2 like... once every two weeks.
Maybe I should try Robot more?

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 21, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I was just about to recommend robot before you edited your post.

But like you I'm pretty terrible and never gotten past the throne, and only have gotten to the throne maybe once or twice. I found a bouncer shotgun once and really didn't like it.

Flak Cannon is probably one of my favorite weapons.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of crazy weapons, I found a Gun Gun today. It shoots guns, which explode. I had no idea it even existed until the moment I picked it up.

edit: vvv I didn't even know how I got it to drop so I looked it up and apparently it only randomly drops from any source when you've got the Crown of Guns with you. Also you can pick the guns up and use them afterward.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 21, 2015

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
What? That's so awesome!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Bouncer shotgun with the accuracy mutation becomes seriously incredible.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Speaking of crazy weapons, I found a Gun Gun today. It shoots guns, which explode. I had no idea it even existed until the moment I picked it up.

edit: vvv I didn't even know how I got it to drop so I looked it up and apparently it only randomly drops from any source when you've got the Crown of Guns with you. Also you can pick the guns up and use them afterward.

So... is that infinite ammo?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

HGH posted:

So... is that infinite ammo?

They don't give you ammo iirc.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aw.
The gun itself wouldn't use ammo though so that still counts, right? Unless guns are classified as explosives for this case.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It uses laser/electric/whatever ammo, and quite a bit of it per shot.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're robot can't you just eat those guns and poo poo out more guns and keep doing it until the heat death of the universe? :getin:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

It shoots guns, which explode

THAT IS AWESOME :torgue:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Suddenly, achievements!

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/242680/achievements

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Chicken's new B unlock is... Speedrun? Neat.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ddraig posted:

If you're robot can't you just eat those guns and poo poo out more guns and keep doing it until the heat death of the universe? :getin:
It consumes more ammo than you gain back with throne butt so no, but you can do it a lot.

HGH posted:

I feel like I have gotten nothing but the same basic weapons every run because none of what you guys mention rings any bells. I've never even seen nukes or bouncers or super stuff.
Then again I only get to 7-2 like... once every two weeks.
Maybe I should try Robot more?
Robot's passive won't help with that that much because it just means that you get weapons one level early, but his ultra A removes all earlygame weapons from the weapon pool(like roughly 1/4th of the weapons in the game, all the pre-3-1 weapons) so that you don't get the worthless early weapons and you have a much higher chance of getting whatever specific weapon it is that you want. Also means you get a lot more golden weapons which you can eat for tons of ammo+HP as robot.

Oxyclean posted:

But like you I'm pretty terrible and never gotten past the throne, and only have gotten to the throne maybe once or twice. I found a bouncer shotgun once and really didn't like it.
Let me sway your opinion, just a lil bit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something I just noticed: If you take shotgun shoulders, shotgun pellets that don't normally rebound such as those from the flame shotgun, now do at least one bounce in addition to the extra projectile speed/range. Interesting.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, flame pellets actually benefit quite a bit from shotgun shoulders because instead of immediately turning into flame particles they can keep going and still do the initial 2-3 damage.

Coincidentally, the Incinerator actually fires (like 5 streams of)flame pellets, so it doesn't benefit from recycle gland but does benefit from shotgun shoulders. It's basically like a super pop gun

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alligators being always alerted is a huge middle finger for melting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I found a golden splinter gun as YV via his ultra mutation and now I kind of want to get rid of it because it makes the whole game pretty easy. With a couple of ammo/drop increasing mutations I can use it from the beginning of the game to the very end and it never outlives its usefulness. The splinter gun is severely overpowered for what it is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tfw you die on the daily bc you literally just forget to shoot the explode freak

• Locked thread