Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Monolith. posted:

Why does my character sometimes teleport, look around, and then I get control again?

Grinner Commanders have a switch teleport move, that's what does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Commanders! :argh: That stun shouldn't exist. For enemies, sure, since they aren't humans who'll be drat well disoriented on their own! It's total bullshit that's killed me before.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AlphaKretin posted:

Commanders! :argh: That stun shouldn't exist. For enemies, sure, since they aren't humans who'll be drat well disoriented on their own! It's total bullshit that's killed me before.

Run ember. "Oh look you just teleported me into the middle of an enemy clump. Thanks!" :supaburn:

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

AlphaKretin posted:

"Buh? Huh? Wuh?" while standing in front of an active steam vent.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It's really weird how your normally completely emotionless warframe feels the need to do an exaggerated "HUHH!??" when they get switch teleported. It's really jarring, they may as well have had a gigantic question mark appear over your head.

Oh yeah and it's also an unavoidable 2-3 second stun that relocates you into the middle of a mob of Grineer most of the time. But mostly it's the animation that rubs me the wrong way.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cicadalek posted:

It's really weird how your normally completely emotionless warframe feels the need to do an exaggerated "HUHH!??" when they get switch teleported. It's really jarring, they may as well have had a gigantic question mark appear over your head.

Oh yeah and it's also an unavoidable 2-3 second stun that relocates you into the middle of a mob of Grineer most of the time. But mostly it's the animation that rubs me the wrong way.

Personally my least favorite enemy move is the Grineer Scorpion hook. I've been hooked while behind where they've been facing, through walls, and other "fun" situations where it just shouldn't have happened, and it's a several second stun that drags you around. I mean, the Commander ability is arguably worse, but Scorpions are just so much more common so you experience it a lot more.

The animation for getting teleported is really goofy, though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 21, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What can I make of weapon I want to craft having "Second highest base status chance of all primary weapons" according to Warframe wiki?

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Roland Jones posted:

it's a several second stun that drags you around.

Equip Handspring all frames every frame.

(except Rhino and Valk maybe)

Ceebees fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 21, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Or run Atlas and laugh at them, their pull doesn't affect him at all :unsmigghh:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

kalstrams posted:

What can I make of weapon I want to craft having "Second highest base status chance of all primary weapons" according to Warframe wiki?

Not much, status chance isn't a huge deal in the vast majority of cases.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

When does it matter?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

When you get something with a really really high chance and put blast on it. Wheeeeeeeee

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Procs almost never matter because the best status effect in the game is death and all our poo poo makes that happen really, really fast.

edit: And a bunch of bosses are just immune to procs because gently caress you.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 21, 2015

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Having every enemy worth using status effect spells be immune to those status effects is traditional.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Corrosive cold is king IMO, unless you have four corrosive projection auras and then rad viral is amazing.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Roland Jones posted:

Personally my least favorite enemy move is the Grineer Scorpion hook. I've been hooked while behind where they've been facing, through walls, and other "fun" situations where it just shouldn't have happened, and it's a several second stun that drags you around. I mean, the Commander ability is arguably worse, but Scorpions are just so much more common so you experience it a lot more.

The animation for getting teleported is really goofy, though.

Play the stone frame, he is immune to knockdowns.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Radiation is neat for crowd control.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Status is good on the Vaykor Marelok and Boar Prime because they can easily hit 100% status chance with the elemental/status chance mods. Other than that, it's always better to mod for pure damage.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There are some procs which are very good.

Corrosive makes thing die faster.
Viral chops health in half.

There are some which are so-so:

Radiation makes enemies confused, but isn't very good if you're only doing it to one thing at a time, or you're killing them in one shot,
Magnetic kills shields, but is of limited use against non-shielded enemies.

And there are some which are bad:

Gas is an AoE DoT, which will never get to tick for any appreciable amount of damage when you want things to die ASAP, because it's a horde shooter.
Blast knocks things down. Better hope you killed them off with the first salvo or are using explosives, because now you have to change your point of aim.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blast is fantastic. Generally if your target survives the hit, chances are they are tough enough that you want them to be knocked down.
It's also great for sentinels.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm not sure exactly how Blast interacts with the ragdolling effect of Shotguns, but I know the end result is dudes getting launched into the sky after a hit from a Sancti Tigris. :getin:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Any kubrow egg farm tips?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm not sure exactly how Blast interacts with the ragdolling effect of Shotguns, but I know the end result is dudes getting launched into the sky after a hit from a Sancti Tigris. :getin:

The Sancti Tigris is obsolete.

The new king of launching is Atlas Landslide.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

kalstrams posted:

Any kubrow egg farm tips?

Nightmare missions. I've gotten three eggs from one mission there before. You won't always get one but it's a higher chance.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Blast makes almost any weapon ragdoll and launch the hapless target into the sky. Put blast on a Jat Kittag and shout FORE! before every swing.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I miss the days when in Valkyr Hysteria you could get the hammer down smash effect. As it is I still love the hammer because I've bounced people off the ceiling across the room in some of those huge Void rooms.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Nightmare missions. I've gotten three eggs from one mission there before. You won't always get one but it's a higher chance.
I don't think I have seen those yet. Do they appear like alerts and invasions do, or do I have to do/make/use something to trigger them?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Once you complete every mission on a planet there is a chance that there will be a nightmare mode mission there for you. they aren't nicely listed like alerts/invasions though. You just need to check the planet on the map. They'll be a brownish color.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alaan posted:

Once you complete every mission on a planet there is a chance that there will be a nightmare mode mission there for you. they aren't nicely listed like alerts/invasions though. You just need to check the planet on the map. They'll be a brownish color.
I see. Welp, that sounds like I'll have to pass out on kubrow until MR5 or so since I can't access boss of Earth before that, and I'm afraid that both me and buddy will run out of any spirit to play the game if we continue to blitz trash missions for prolonged periods of time.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dogs are kinda a money sink for vets anyway.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

The Sancti Tigris is obsolete.

The new king of launching is Atlas Landslide.

The Sonicor Space Program begs to differ.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Synnr posted:

For real, stick blast on your melee and use Landslide. People fly off into the air like Team Rocket.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So these recent posts are reminding me - my crew burnt out on Payday, and I'd like to get them into Warframe but there's that kind of newbie killing 'hump' after doing the tutorial but before you start making GBS threads out new guns like mad. How do I get people past that and into enjoying the grind?

Synnr posted:

I just finished this, it's amazing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tulip posted:

So these recent posts are reminding me - my crew burnt out on Payday, and I'd like to get them into Warframe but there's that kind of newbie killing 'hump' after doing the tutorial but before you start making GBS threads out new guns like mad. How do I get people past that and into enjoying the grind?

Taxi them around and unlock the first few planets ASAP for them by killing the bosses and getting them the nav coordinates. Getting them every planet up to Saturn (where they can start getting Orokin Cells) and they can skip around here and there for what they need seems like it would help a lot. Likewise, help them whenever they need this or that thing, if you're significantly better-geared than they are. Though let them contribute too; if you just run them through levels as Ember so everything dies before they can touch it or something along those lines, they might get bored.

Building them up a small credit cache by taking them along on T1 and maybe T2 Void missions, if they're capable of handling those, might not be a bad idea either.

Basically the early game is the worst part of Warframe, and helping them skip it as much as possible should go a long way.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 21, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I had this problem too. A middling-specced Frost turned out to be the best for me. (One wanted to main Trinity, another wanted Banshee, so those were out) It gave them a safe zone to panic run to if they bit off more than they could chew, an augment to make their guns suck a little less, an AoE to use in case of "oh poo poo", and a "get out of jail free" card in case you actually had to pull the weight of three utter noobs all the way through.

But I have to second Roland here: Let them do their own killing. Nothing kills the fun faster than an Ember or Saryn murdering everything before you can get a shot off.

Edit: VVVVVVVV Holy poo poo yes. Remind them to hold off on sinking cores into the damaged mods until they can trade for big boy Serration and poo poo. Ask in clanchat if there are people who has spares to pass on to newbs.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 21, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gift them spares of poo poo like Serration and Flow so they don't have to fight the RNG to get anywhere.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlphaKretin posted:

Gift them spares of poo poo like Serration and Flow so they don't have to fight the RNG to get anywhere.

This is a good one too. Get spares of the "essential" mods and make sure they all have one. Also explain things like fusion to them so they know that duplicates and cores are the way to go; don't leave them running blind on basic, essential things.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Synnr posted:

I have a full six forma in Sonicor and four in Atlas.

With that in mind, I think I can say with some authority that Atlas' ability to launch things into the stratosphere with one of his mighty love-taps is unrivaled.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ra-amun posted:

For real, stick blast on your melee and use Landslide. People fly off into the air like Team Rocket.

Stick blast on sonicor, watch huge groups of mobs head to the next planet over. :getin:

E: Also :supaburn: IGNIS UPDATE IS LIVE :supaburn: Update is 150mb or so, might be even more in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

2x Chesa Kubrow imprints as a gift of the lotus.

quote:

Chesa Kubrow Reward Alerts

Due to an error in Kubrow egg type generation many players hunting for Chesa Kubrow have been unable to obtain the breed since the release of Chesa without purchasing the egg from the Market. While the error has been fixed we understand the frustration this has caused Kubrow enthusiasts, and will be releasing an alert that offers 2 Chesa Kubrow Genetic Code Templates as a reward.

also this is the ignis buff

quote:

The Ignis has received a visual overhaul and has received the following stat changes:
    Increased fire range.
    Increased innate multishot effect.
    Added 2m punchthrough.
    Increased clip size and total ammo capacity

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 21, 2015