Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some motherboards still don't come with an adapter for front panel pins, so those can suck.

They're easy, just so, so tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Some motherboards still don't come with an adapter for front panel pins, so those can suck.

Oh god, those were the worst, especially when you had to change your 4-pin BIOS speaker to a 2-pin.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, yeah, that's lovely. I think my case came with the adapter this last go around, but I don't recall. Actually I think it was the wrong adapter, like the mobo didn't have all the pins the case had connections for or it was in a weird order. I'd lump all that in with cable management in my last post though, that and like positioning drives and getting them connected in an optimal way, routing other cables like for front USB 3.0 ports around other poo poo in cramped spots. The majority of all that is stuff that's hard but you generally know what to do. Getting a Fractal Design case tends to alleviate a lot of it, but for instance the power supply I got, while being a great one otherwise, made it a bit difficult when connecting all the drives since the dumb optical drive was all the way at the opposite end of the case and the cord I thought was 4 satas was 3 and ended with a 4-pin.

Pretty sure I found an adapter I had lying around later, but the case had already been reconfigured and I wasn't getting that 30 minutes back anyway.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
My new coworker. She's nice, she seems to be picking up the work fast (we've run through like 6 people since my other coworker left and only one has stuck so far) but she annoys me. She chews/smacks gum or mints loudly at my desk. She can't just listen to someone talk/tell a story, if she's in the room it's a constant stream of "oh wow" and "really?" coming from wherever she is. But the worst, if I'm in the bathroom and she happens to come in/be in the bathroom at the same time she wants to have a conversation! I have ignored her and she keeps saying my name until I acknowledge her. I try and give "uh huh" answers but seriously, let me poo poo in peace!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I took Monday and Tuesday off to go have fun with my friends, got back home at 1 AM, had to get up at 4 AM to do stuff for work, now my sleep cycle is all messed up. I wonder why.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ilysespieces posted:

But the worst, if I'm in the bathroom and she happens to come in/be in the bathroom at the same time she wants to have a conversation! I have ignored her and she keeps saying my name until I acknowledge her. I try and give "uh huh" answers but seriously, let me poo poo in peace!

People who don't understand that there is no talking in the toilet are the worst.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Tiggum posted:

People who don't understand that there is no talking in the toilet are the worst.

Toss up between those people and those that choose the stall directly next to you when there are plenty others further away.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I slept on a couch, and now my back hurts. I used to be able to do this just fine! I think I'm officially old.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

I just got some really scary, upsetting news. That's obviously not strictly a first world problem, but the fact that I really want a drink now and can't have one because I'm on cold medicine probably is.

Internet hug :)

I will have one for you.

Take care crow...

*having enough money for drugs/alcohol.
Edit... Never having enough money for drugs/alchohol...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There's a goddamn adorable black cat outside my door and I can't let him in :saddowns: He has a collar, I know who he belongs to, but it is wet and rainy outside kitty why are you outside

Actual FWP: That half paycheck I got? Turns out my job switched us from getting paid every two weeks to every week and just kind of neglected to tell us. This seems an important bit of information to share with employees.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
This chianti isn't as dry as I would like.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm finally getting around to playing Tomb Raider, and early in the game it has a loving stealth section. I hate those. It was pretty good up until that part and now I don't even want to play it.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I was given a buttload of rabbit after a medieval fair

I get to eat it but then again I have to prepare it and ughhhhhhhhhh

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm hungover after drinking at a costume party last night and I can't decide what to eat to cure the hangover, and I can't decide whether to game or watch netflix.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

bobthedinosaur posted:

I'm hungover after drinking at a costume party last night and I can't decide what to eat to cure the hangover, and I can't decide whether to game or watch netflix.

Netflix is better for a hangover, since it's easier to fall asleep to.

I just finished moving the last box to my new place, and gently caress I own a lot more things than I thought I did.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Netflix is better for a hangover, since it's easier to fall asleep to.

I just finished moving the last box to my new place, and gently caress I own a lot more things than I thought I did.

Do the "unpack my poo poo as I need it" thing and in 3 months just throw out the boxes you haven't touched.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mamelon posted:

This chianti isn't as dry as I would like.

But how are the fava beans?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I tried fava beans for the first time recently, and was disappointed. Nowhere near as good as black beans.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

cyberia posted:

But how are the fava beans?

Dilb posted:

Nowhere near as good as black beans.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I am a whopping $2 overdrawn on my bank account and I'm not sure what to do about it.

My clothes are all over the floor because I am too lazy to put them away in the new dresser.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I just had a job interview for a Helpdesk position. With me having just graduated from college this year with no prior IT work experience, every question I've asked regarding experience I just answered with something I did while I was at school and during my free time.

Having no work experience suuuuucks :saddowns:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Thwack! posted:

I just had a job interview for a Helpdesk position. With me having just graduated from college this year with no prior IT work experience, every question I've asked regarding experience I just answered with something I did while I was at school and during my free time.

Having no work experience suuuuucks :saddowns:

I worked at the help desk at school, which got me experience...but then I graduated in 2009, so experience didn't really matter for poo poo. For the first year and a half almost every single place I looked wanted at least 3~5 years experience. I eventually got a job through a thread in SH/SC. The lesson here is to network like crazy, find a job through a friend or maybe a goon with a heart of gold and go from there.

Yesterday I hurt my leg, so in the interest of staying off of it I watched movies most of the day. I ended up watching 3 movies I had already watched but it took me like 15~20 minutes to realize I had seen them already and then I just kept watching them instead of switching to something new. I got upset about wasting time while wasting time essentially.

I also got drunk and ate most of the snacks, but I don't need to go to the store for stuff for at least another 3 days.

Oh, I forgot about this, like a week or two ago I ordered a cat5 crimper off of Amazon but the stupid post office didn't deliver it, so I told amazon, they refunded it, told me to order another with next day shipping and to give them the order number so they could refund the shipping. I did all that and they refunded the whole thing instead, so I ended up with a free crimper. Thing is in the middle of all this I borrowed one to get the project done, so now I have this tool I don't necessarily need, that I got for free, and I feel bad about it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brightman posted:

I worked at the help desk at school, which got me experience...but then I graduated in 2009, so experience didn't really matter for poo poo. For the first year and a half almost every single place I looked wanted at least 3~5 years experience. I eventually got a job through a thread in SH/SC. The lesson here is to network like crazy, find a job through a friend or maybe a goon with a heart of gold and go from there.

Yesterday I hurt my leg, so in the interest of staying off of it I watched movies most of the day. I ended up watching 3 movies I had already watched but it took me like 15~20 minutes to realize I had seen them already and then I just kept watching them instead of switching to something new. I got upset about wasting time while wasting time essentially.

I also got drunk and ate most of the snacks, but I don't need to go to the store for stuff for at least another 3 days.

Oh, I forgot about this, like a week or two ago I ordered a cat5 crimper off of Amazon but the stupid post office didn't deliver it, so I told amazon, they refunded it, told me to order another with next day shipping and to give them the order number so they could refund the shipping. I did all that and they refunded the whole thing instead, so I ended up with a free crimper. Thing is in the middle of all this I borrowed one to get the project done, so now I have this tool I don't necessarily need, that I got for free, and I feel bad about it.

eat the crimper.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I slept on a couch, and now my back hurts. I used to be able to do this just fine! I think I'm officially old.

Losing weight helped me with this.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

eat the crimper.

I would but I'm afraid that as soon as I did I'd suddenly have to make a lot of ethernet cables. Also I'm fairly certain it's black licorice flavor and gently caress that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I need to get a bale of straw to help our tortoises winter over, but I have to take my mom's van for it, and I hate driving her car.

I'm taking my kitten Bug in to get spayed this Wednesday and I am insanely paranoid she won't come out of it for some reason.

I found these awesome plastic piranha skeletons at Target, in their Halloween section, and can't find any more anywhere.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

kreyla posted:

I am a whopping $2 overdrawn on my bank account and I'm not sure what to do about it.

If your bank is anything like mine they will not give a single poo poo about any overdraws below 10 bucks so long as you don't make any more purchases.

FWP: The computer parts arrive tomorrow and I'm impatient as gently caress :tizzy: I want to build it now, dammit!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I have a kidney infection and can't lie on my left hand side, but if I lie on my right hand side I can't use my iPad. If I lie on my back, I can't see the TV. This is a bullshit day off and I may as well as just gone into work.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Excel (at least excel 2003, the one I use) only allows for a maximum of 256 columns. Rows can be any number, columns are limited to 256 :iiam:

The client whose office I'm working at today has blocked Facebook on their network, so if I want to check my status during a coffee or lunch break I have to use my cellphone and get off their WiFi.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
My left ear is blocked and I can't hear out of it properly. I don't usually care about listening to people but I like having the option.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Hopefully this FWP video link to FB works for everyone.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

One of my scrips keeps falling off auto-refill so I have to wait to get it filled when I come in to pick up the rest.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

queserasera posted:

One of my scrips keeps falling off auto-refill so I have to wait to get it filled when I come in to pick up the rest.

I have had that issue due to my doctor not being responsive with sending in my refills in when my pharmacy calls them. 2 years ago I moved 700 miles away and just recently scheduled an appointment near me to end the hassle of dealing with the other doctor.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Of course, as expected, I forgot to buy some stuff at IKEA so I have to go back.

I solved my fwp of nothing to listen to in the car by downloading Pandora, but the free version has ads and the sound quality sucks. Haven't tried Spotify yet because I don't drive that often, so I don't know how well that will work.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

I ordered a new battery for my phone and the company sent it to my billing address, not my shipping address.

They're in different countries.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I left my earphones at home and tge work spares are uncomfortable. I'd rather not listen to music but I am bored.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't understand... the new computer will recognize my wireless keyboard in BIOS but it won't let me use it to actually install Windows...

Why :negative: so much hand wringing and nervousness about building my first computer all on my own, and my stumbling block is not keeping a serial keyboard on hand.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't understand... the new computer will recognize my wireless keyboard in BIOS but it won't let me use it to actually install Windows...

Why :negative: so much hand wringing and nervousness about building my first computer all on my own, and my stumbling block is not keeping a serial keyboard on hand.

It might work if you use a USB 2.0 port, depending on the version of windows you're installing, although I thought that stopped being "a thing".

FWP: My team won game 1 of the world series but it took 5 hours and 5 extra innings. Tired but too excited to sleep.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want to buy new dice for the pretty colors but I already have so many!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Brightman posted:

It might work if you use a USB 2.0 port, depending on the version of windows you're installing, although I thought that stopped being "a thing".

Negative, every USB port on this jalopy is supposed to be 2.0 at the least and 3.0 at most. No dice.