Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They removed the Comm Mod vendors? What the gently caress, why? That makes no sense. What the hell do you use Basic Comms for now, then?

Or Data Crystals, whatever the gently caress they're called now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I can't move the interface editor window, and its click through grabbing stuff behind it. Anyone else having that issue, or am I just retarded and missed a setting?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Aphrodite posted:

If you can't see the corner of the screen you're sitting too close.

I'm right up next to my monitor, but I have it at 2160 with DSR and the UI elements mostly still scaled to 1.0, so it's easy to miss. Before it wasn't, despite being tiny.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

You can change it in the Interface Editor...just change the dropdown with Main HUD to Conversation.

Hell yes, thank you.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

prefect posted:

If I reload one of the default UI profiles, do my buttons get moved around? Or will they still be where they're supposed to be once I add the extra bars back in?

All your icons/abilities will still be in whatever bars you put them in -- the layout editor just toggles the visibility and position of the bars, basically

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Fuzz posted:

They removed the Comm Mod vendors? What the gently caress, why? That makes no sense. What the hell do you use Basic Comms for now, then?

Are you talking about the fleet supplies ones? They all seemed there to me, just compressed into fewer of the alcoves because they removed the vendors that sold full gear pieces.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
I'm really loving this expansion so far. It's basically Mass Effect Online: Star Wars, which is exactly what I wanted in the first place.

Won't say anything about the story except that it looks like someone at Bioware played the Secret World. This is, IMO, a good thing.

The other changes are amazing. I'll never burn time putting mods into companion gear again or accidentally putting companion mods into my gear. Also Treek is finally done being the default best companion. And I can gather anything instead of leveling too fast and relying on my crew to try and catch me up.

Also nice to take my sentinel through some flashpoints that I missed because of dps queues. Really looking forward to leveling a new character now.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I reinstalled and the game will not launch.

When I click Play on the patcher it switches my Desktop Resolution to 640x480 and just sits there with the SWTOR client minimized. The client can not be opened. I have let it run for up to 30 minutes with no changes.

I have tried deleting the .xfr files. I have tried updating the client_defaults.ini file.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Xae posted:

I reinstalled and the game will not launch.

When I click Play on the patcher it switches my Desktop Resolution to 640x480 and just sits there with the SWTOR client minimized. The client can not be opened. I have let it run for up to 30 minutes with no changes.

I have tried deleting the .xfr files. I have tried updating the client_defaults.ini file.

I saw somebody on another forum reporting success after a reboot. :shrug:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

prefect posted:

I saw somebody on another forum reporting success after a reboot. :shrug:

Rebooted, game didn't launch at all.

Deleted .xfr files, now I'm back to the same thing.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Nonentity, I'm beginning to get a bit disappointed. It's been like a year and a half since I requested my "cut open taun-taun and get inside" regen item.

Also, I've seen that POT5 is dying a bit more every day so I feel it's time for you to take your friends and family and bring them over to us.

Damnit what server are you on?
What faction?
I think I will start my level 60 someplace where there are goons.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nonentity posted:

What faction?

We're all on Jedi Covenant.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

waffledoodle posted:

Companion reactions are supposed to show up near the center of the screen now, but they're a customizable UI component that can be repositioned. We don't override your custom UI profile when we make layout changes, which is why most of you probably see it in its old spot. You can either move it to where you want or reload one of the default UI profiles.

There will come a dark day when I do an overhaul of the entire HUD and make many enemies because it will probably have to just nuke all their custom UIs

Oh hey while you're here, I have spotted one bad thing with the UI editor now, the actual interface editor box no longer moves, which makes it a little hard to put anything in the middle of the screen. I actually can't even get at my combat indicator anymore. Other than that it's pretty awesome!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

nonentity posted:

What faction?

READ THE OP, GOD

But seriously, we're on JC, imp side and it would be cool to have you. Just never ever tell anyone your character name or people will probably constantly ask you for stuff in whispers

Not me, other people

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I'm wondering this as well. They didn't move from under "Currency", so they must be good for something.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Up to chapter 7 so far and really enjoying the new story. I suspect that after 2-3 alt runs the other 15 alts will feel a bit stale however :v:

It's nice that the XP is pretty high. With an XP boost on I hit 65 at the start of chapter 7.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
From what I hear the new content is pretty great but I'm still capped at 55 and everything is a buggy mess. I should probably just not play until the new stuff is unlocked for me.

E: level scaling is such a stupid and pointless addition.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Dick Trauma posted:

I've spent most of my time putting pants back on my companions.

I can accept the weapons changes, but what annoys me is that I'm left with companions who have no weapon until I go to the fleet and buy one. Should've at least stuck a basic boring one in inventory to replace the one that's no longer usable.

Also I can finally make Aric Jorgan useful by appointing him as my tank, and my knight can stash T7 in the drat cargo hold.

Weird all my companion weapons were in my inventory when I logged in. Also their pants

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Tuskin38 posted:

Weird all my companion weapons were in my inventory when I logged in. Also their pants

It was No Pants Tuesday, and it's now No Pants Wednesday.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Xae posted:

Rebooted, game didn't launch at all.

Deleted .xfr files, now I'm back to the same thing.

Try this:

quote:

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Note - this will force a redownload of the entire game. It will also prevent you from using their streaming downloader.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

Up to chapter 7 so far and really enjoying the new story. I suspect that after 2-3 alt runs the other 15 alts will feel a bit stale however :v:

It's nice that the XP is pretty high. With an XP boost on I hit 65 at the start of chapter 7.

Yeah, I think my alts will hit 65 before I take them through FE. Doing CZ-198 weekly, Black Hole Weekly, and Yavin Weekly put me at almost 63.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Scorpio influence doesn't carry over :arghfist::mad:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Ainsley McTree posted:

READ THE OP, GOD

But seriously, we're on JC, imp side and it would be cool to have you. Just never ever tell anyone your character name or people will probably constantly ask you for stuff in whispers

Not me, other people

I don't read OPs.

Invite for Non-Entity pls. Some clown toucher took my normal name.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

nonentity posted:

I don't read OPs.

Invite for Non-Entity pls. Some clown toucher took my normal name.

Who's worse, the clown toucher or the clown who let himself be touched?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Leveling still feels pretty good. I went from 55 last night and started (finally) the Makeb storyline and about mid point of that I'm about half through level 58. Wouldn't be surprised to hit 65 before I get to start KotFE.

Also I mentioned this last night but with regards to companion changes I think it's really cool how Lokin when set to dps or tank, will automatically transform into a rahkghoul at the start of combat. That toggle never worked well before and I was worried he was just going to turn into another blaster comp and lose that detail

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, people will buy anything on the GTN.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Man, people will buy anything on the GTN.

First random mount and pet summon, next up: Random shirt summon.

Seriously, someone make that happen.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So I'm on the final step of getting the HK parts- and I need a hardmode Maelstrom Prison. Is there anyone out there on Jedi Covenant who's willing to help me out with this? My character's name is Arsalan.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

kippa posted:

Oh hey while you're here, I have spotted one bad thing with the UI editor now, the actual interface editor box no longer moves, which makes it a little hard to put anything in the middle of the screen. I actually can't even get at my combat indicator anymore. Other than that it's pretty awesome!

Try clicking around, there's a sweet spot to the top right of the title bar where you can still drag it. There's a bug in the hotspot logic that I think was always there but which I might have made worse :downswords:

Also guys

If you see any other broke rear end things in the UI please let me know. Specifically bugs or things that got hosed in all of the 4.0 madness. I'm working on shortlist of fixes to try and get into the next couple of baby patches before I move onto phase 2 of Operation gently caress You Previous UI Guy. And for some reason goons are good at finding these things

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

waffledoodle posted:

If you see any other broke rear end things in the UI please let me know. Specifically bugs or things that got hosed in all of the 4.0 madness. I'm working on shortlist of fixes to try and get into the next couple of baby patches before I move onto phase 2 of Operation gently caress You Previous UI Guy. And for some reason goons are good at finding these things

Because we are nitpicking assholes. :D

The bar along the top of the screen -- now that there's an icon for "Companions", the question-mark help button gets pushed onto a second row. That's not intentional, is it?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So should I just be feeding all my companions purple rank 5 gifts? Is there any other way to rapidly boost "influence"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a few bugs with companion weapons right now.

I kept getting an error saying Andronikos couldn't duel wield even though he has the 2 blaster pistol slots, and Xalek wouldn't take any of the 3 or 4 lightsabers I had.

prefect posted:

The bar along the top of the screen -- now that there's an icon for "Companions", the question-mark help button gets pushed onto a second row. That's not intentional, is it?

You can resize that in the UI editor.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, mechanics question about KOTFE. Does influence with companions carry over if you get them back in KOTFE?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, mechanics question about KOTFE. Does influence with companions carry over if you get them back in KOTFE?

Yep.

These tacticals are brutal. No walk in the park like tacticals of old.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

prefect posted:

There is an option in the interface thing to set how many buttons per row. Up it to 13 and you'll be back at 1 row. May want to scale it back a little if it overlaps other UI elements though but still looks a lot better as a single row.

Wish there was an option to change order and to have the second row start with everything centered rather then left justified.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I've really enjoyed the expac thus far- I think I'm only at the end of Ch.5/ start of Ch 6, but thus far I've really enjoyed a lot of the changes made.

Although there have been some disappointments >:I

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I'm really loving this expansion so far. I already burned through the 9 chapters on a throwaway character because I'm a child and can't pace myself (I'll take it more slowly on my main). The story is good and I really like how much more involved the companions are in it. Also digging the combination of normal dialogue for the story stuff and the "classic" mode dialogue for some other stuff. It seems like a really good compromise to me, instead of just giving the player a bunch of pointless canned responses. I mean the responses might still be kinda pointless but at least it's not so obvious. It also has the nostalgia factor going for it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Without getting too spoilerly, how does recruiting other classes companions work out? As in, are they chilling in your ship now or do they go into the -Followers- tab and they're just chilling in space bars across the galaxy?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are any of the leveling bundles worth it? Do they speed up the process significantly? How about any of the adaptive armor sets?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Berke Negri posted:

Without getting too spoilerly, how does recruiting other classes companions work out? As in, are they chilling in your ship now or do they go into the -Followers- tab and they're just chilling in space bars across the galaxy?

The new hub has a large instanced area for different missions and such. Your companions hang out in different parts of it. When you get your ship back, it will be empty except for Treek and HK, if you have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Defiance Industries posted:

The new hub has a large instanced area for different missions and such. Your companions hang out in different parts of it. When you get your ship back, it will be empty except for Treek and HK, if you have them.

I would be pleased to not have the ship droid talk to me every time I walk through the door.

• Locked thread