Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Gyges posted:

Thank you Diamond Joe. I should finally be up from my disastrous string of bets on Fiorina, the Debt Ceiling, and Trump polls.

Me too! I nailed the Trump poll but between Fiorina, government shut down, and the Obama approval polls that beacon like a Greek Siren call, I'm finally up too!!!!!!!!

Zeta Taskforce has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

lelandjs posted:

Ok, dumb question here I'm sure but what's the point of selling at .97 now? Because there's a chance that someone will buy them and you'll get your money sooner?

Not a dumb question. It is because I made enough of a profit. I think the 3 cents per share that I am forfeiting is worth freeing up the money 10 weeks earlier.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 23, 2016

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I thought that his running would be pointless after Sunday, but I held onto my shares because I still thought he'd run anyways. :ohdear:

Aww. Sorry buddy. :glomp:

EDIT: Also gently caress you PredictIt, I want to buy up the last of these sweet 96 cent shares. Buy some freaking bandwidth with the cut you're taking off the Biden profits. :argh:

Combed Thunderclap has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Oct 21, 2015

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I might as well cash out now because what could possibly be better than the Biden rollercoaster

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmfao, high fives all around

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

The site crashed so I may or may not have put in a sell order for everything at 98.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I thought that his running would be pointless after Sunday, but I held onto my shares because I still thought he'd run anyways. :ohdear:

Oh well. It's gonna be alright.

Concerned Citizen posted:

I bailed the moment I saw Biden announcing on Rose Garden with Obama. Slight profit. So it goes.

Suck it nerd

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
So now that the Biden show is over, what's everyone hopping onto next for QUICK CASH? Thinking about buying Rubio at 0.42 then selling once the field clears a bit and he nabs a few endorsements.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The site crashed so I may or may not have put in a sell order for everything at 98.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, but 2000 x $0.02 is only $40 and I'm still over the moon even if I miss out on that.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

fronz posted:

Suck it nerd

I think he was in the Biden YES camp so if he made a profit then that's fantastic news.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Zeta Taskforce posted:

THANKS BIDEN

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

First time this election cycle I get to smugly rub "I'm right you're wrong" in peoples' faces. My boss echoed the press hype for months. Today? "I'm not that good at figuring these types of things out, man."

Maybe I should take my earnings from bank in $1s and follow him around the office tossing them in the air.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

If I can pick up some YES for 1 or 2 cents I'm really tempted. The draft Biden crowd is crazy, the contract won't close for a long time, its going to bounce around, and he is still the backup in the unlikely event Hillary crashes

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

So, anyone do any weird poo poo to try to verify the Biden bid?

Because I literally read the Biden wikipedia page in French to try to make sure I was being neutral.

railroad terror posted:

So now that the Biden show is over, what's everyone hopping onto next for QUICK CASH? Thinking about buying Rubio at 0.42 then selling once the field clears a bit and he nabs a few endorsements.

This isn't quick cash, or even necessarily a safe bid, but I'm still holding out for shares of NO for Ryan as the next Speaker. There's no freaking way the Freedomites are letting go now that they've essentially been told that they hold all the cards, and there's no way Ryan is going to accede to whatever weird demands they come up with, it'd ruin his career.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think I enjoy Biden YES tears more than Freeper tears. What is happening to me.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

Shoulda maxed, but I'll humbly accept my $1k or so.

Me too, except just +$40. On the other hand, if I'd invested more I'm sure he would've run.

Thanks Biden! No Ramen dinner for me tonight! :c00l:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
"PredictIt is down? Okay PredictIt is down, I'm going to keep talking until I can buy 85000 shares of myself running for president, then announce."

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Can anybody recommend a good peaty scotch to buy with my Biden dollars? I like Laphroaig 10 but wouldn't mind trying something new.

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself
I bought YES right after the debate at .45, sold after the news stories of Biden contacting advisors at .72, and then bought NO at .30 yesterday. I made this market my bitch aka I got super lucky and am probably cashing out now at +200%.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

railroad terror posted:

Linking is still not implemented so he's way waaaay overvalued. Hold off until the market rationalizes

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I think we broke the system? Trying to make and cancel offers but they won't process.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Question is when will the market resolve? Predictit can determine the market to have resolved earlier, so they could close it right now. Should I wait for that and get my full 900 dollars or just sell for 99 and make off with 891?

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Congratulations to the 4000-share Biden NO goon. I got caught with my pants down (a classic Biden gaffe) by having too many cute orders in to buy/sell around the 29-35 cent range. Ended up making a 15% return in two days, but it could have been 330%.

Live and learn, like ol' Diamond Joe would say.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

User Error posted:

Can anybody recommend a good peaty scotch to buy with my Biden dollars? I like Laphroaig 10 but wouldn't mind trying something new.

Lagavulin 12, you have exceptional taste.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Also :toot:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
1830 shares... Sell at 98c or wait for the full payout?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'm a cheapskate, so I always hold out for the extra couple bucks.

Unless I think I think know something about a seriously undervalued market where those couple of bucks could be put to good use, or it's going to take forever for PredictIt to call the market, it doesn't make sense to me to do anything else.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
On the one hand, I'm sad, because I wanted Joe to run. On the other, I'm happy, because I made a few hundred dollars. And still, I'm disappointed because I COULD HAVE MADE SO MUCH MORE!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 23, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I only made $35 because I'm a pansy who's afraid of risk but it still feels good, man.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

pathetic little tramp posted:

Question is when will the market resolve? Predictit can determine the market to have resolved earlier, so they could close it right now. Should I wait for that and get my full 900 dollars or just sell for 99 and make off with 891?

I did manage to cancel my sell @ 98 but I'm opting to get the money sooner @ 99 so I can lose it in other markets.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So 2400 No Biden Run at a 35 average and 500 No Biden Nominee at 70 cashing out. You're the best, Joe.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Over on MediaPredict, my bets on Biden (for Winning 2016 nomination and Percentage vote in Iowa) seem to have resolved in my favor.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

1830 shares... Sell at 98c or wait for the full payout?

Don't be greedy. Sell now.

quote:

Joseph R. Biden, Jr. shall become a candidate for president of the United States in the 2016 general election, by filing a Statement of Candidacy and/or a Statement of Organization of an exploratory committee for the office of president with the Federal Election Commission.

Absent such filing(s), the Market will not resolve to Yes, notwithstanding declarations by Mr. Biden and/or his representatives regarding intentions to run, fundraising activities, hiring of campaign staff, and/or establishment of other campaign infrastructure.

This Market may close prior to the End Date, if/when PredictIt determines the above criteria have been met.

I welcome other readings, but the way I look at it, the only way the contract resolves early is through a YES outcome. An announcement declaring NO does not shut it down early as there is nothing that precludes him changing his mind before December 31, 2015. If the Walker drop out is any indication, it crashes to 1cent the moment of the announcement, and then meanders aimlessly up to 3, 4, or 5 cents over the following months.

Sell now

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nintendo Kid posted:

Over on MediaPredict, my bets on Biden (for Winning 2016 nomination and Percentage vote in Iowa) seem to have resolved in my favor.

Are those actual dollars or 'MediaPredict' dollars?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Necc0 posted:

Are those actual dollars or 'MediaPredict' dollars?

1000 of 'em is worth a real dollar! :haw:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Good idea. I couldn't access the exact language because the site is so slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Hit sell at 98c, hopefully it goes through sometime in the next week.

• Locked thread