Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
For those who might not have noticed, the Cartel Bazaar area on Fleet has been updated to add the event vendors from the Gree and Rakghoul events, including the Jawa who sells mounts and pets.. They're next to the BBA vendors.

In addition, there's a vendor who sells the items from the first Rakghoul event and the Chevin scavenger hunt, which have been unavailable for years now. This finally makes it possible to collect all the outfits for the "Sharp Dresser" achievement and title if you didn't pick those up at the time (well before said achievements were added).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The 4.0 update is supposed to give players an extra 2 character slots, right? Does that happen on the 27th for everyone else?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm kinda conflicted about the expansion. I think the storyline was REALLY good. Like, I played through it yesterday with minimal space barring pooping in a sock. I like the alliance system for the most part Ashara sent me a sad goodbye letter. I'm alright with the simplification of stats and the new moves seem pretty cool. I like that after I spend about 19 hours crafting pre-assembled components my vaults will be much cleaner. I also like that Tacticals drop decent gear that there is no roll on - everyone gets assigned a piece.

Things I don't like -

- Unless I'm missing it, 186 is still the max level for crafted modifications (Mods/Enhancements/Armoring/Hilts/Barrels). I guess maybe it's possible to reverse engineer purples from Flashpoints and such?

- They did give crafters some really nice armor and weapons that is non-moddable. That's cool...except really, quickly replaced. :(

- It's also weird that for a game that wanted us to have as many alts as possible over the last 12 months, the whole alliance system seems really targetted at someone picking a "main" character to play. Right now on my Assassin I have 14 companions. I can't imagine maxing affection on him and then moving on to my other 16 characters to do the same thing. Especially since, and I guess minor spoilers I don't see much point right now in having more than 6 companions maxed with influence. Crafting is the big thing that's needed, so why would I worry about maxing more than 6 if I can only send 6 out? And for most of my characters, they already have 6 companions at 10,000 influence, seems silly to start KOTFE and lose those 6 out the door

I think I'll end up leveling my crafters to 65 normally without entering KOTFE. Luckily going from 60-65 is cake - I did CZ-198, Black Hole and Yavin weeklies and it was almost 3 levels worth of XP.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Zotix posted:

Are any of the leveling bundles worth it? Do they speed up the process significantly? How about any of the adaptive armor sets?

They do speed the process for just one character, but they aren't necessary now that the XP from quests has been retuned to require just class and planetary storylines to be completed. The bundle that is worth it when it's on sale is the Going Places, which includes Rocket Boots and one level of Quick Travel cooldown reduction (both of which work for every character you make). You'll probably want the other levels of quick travel and rocket boots to drop the cooldown on both of them.

Edit: forgot to answer adaptive armor question: they are entirely cosmetic. Do you want to look like whatever armor set? Buy it! Orange armor is an empty shell into which you put whatever armoring, mod, and enhancement you want.

parasyte fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 21, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

waffledoodle posted:

Try clicking around, there's a sweet spot to the top right of the title bar where you can still drag it. There's a bug in the hotspot logic that I think was always there but which I might have made worse :downswords:

Also guys

If you see any other broke rear end things in the UI please let me know. Specifically bugs or things that got hosed in all of the 4.0 madness. I'm working on shortlist of fixes to try and get into the next couple of baby patches before I move onto phase 2 of Operation gently caress You Previous UI Guy. And for some reason goons are good at finding these things

A bit of wackiness when windows overlap, for example. trying to x out a window will move focus to the window behind it rather than closing the window on top. Can get annoying when you have a ton of overlap because you have the GTN, Collections, Preview, and Inventory screen all up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BTW if anyone lost their ship droid before they started KOTFE - you can get him back, but it is slightly spoilery Flying your ship to Odessen and then going into the cantina, you can get him back along with picking up the ship droid of the opposite faction as well

Edit - I should say, this is a way to get him back without going through KOTFE

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
So, uh, for my characters who aren't at 50+, where do I get equipment oranges? The vendors on the fleet are gone, and my lower level alts are feeling kind of naked without their ability to stuff electronics into their shirts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Airspace posted:

So, uh, for my characters who aren't at 50+, where do I get equipment oranges? The vendors on the fleet are gone, and my lower level alts are feeling kind of naked without their ability to stuff electronics into their shirts.

How long have you been playing? If for a while, you should get a set of starfighter gear that's orange and bind to legacy in your mail as a new toon.

Barring that, just buy the cheapest set on the GTN (usually a cyborg set) since outfit designer lets you look however you want. Spend some cartel coins to unlock it account wide and never worry about orange gear again.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

So I'm on the final step of getting the HK parts- and I need a hardmode Maelstrom Prison. Is there anyone out there on Jedi Covenant who's willing to help me out with this? My character's name is Arsalan.

Hey, I'll be finishing up HK-51 tonight, I just need to search 2 more parts, which shouldn't take too long. Hit me up on Jande.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

How long have you been playing? If for a while, you should get a set of starfighter gear that's orange and bind to legacy in your mail as a new toon.

Barring that, just buy the cheapest set on the GTN (usually a cyborg set) since outfit designer lets you look however you want. Spend some cartel coins to unlock it account wide and never worry about orange gear again.

So is it just the gear vendors who are gone off Fleet, or gear AND comm/crystal/McGuffin vendors who are gone?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
The lvl 8 Equipment Vendor is still there as well.

Edit: the mod vendors are still there as well, they just sell green mods instead of blue which will make no difference under 55. In PvE that is they won't bolster as well as blue mods in PvP.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 21, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The lvl 8 Equipment Vendor is still there as well.

Edit: the mod vendors are still there as well, they just sell green mods instead of blue which will make no difference under 55.

Oh yeah someone was complaining about this with the KOTFE mods. They're green, but they're 190 rating so they'll be identical to the blues thatdrop in Ziost. Kind of like how Arkanian/Black Market was rating 162 and purple, and then SoR introduced the rewards from the prelude flashpoints that were also 162 but green, and had identical stats.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What I'm gathering is that those new OUTLANDER vendors are the ones I want to hold onto my comms for when I hit 65 because they're like 208 or 216 and the next thing better is from ops?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said it in guild chat a few times yesterday, but whoever designed is most definitely a fan of the first few seasons of CSI.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah someone was complaining about this with the KOTFE mods. They're green, but they're 190 rating so they'll be identical to the blues thatdrop in Ziost. Kind of like how Arkanian/Black Market was rating 162 and purple, and then SoR introduced the rewards from the prelude flashpoints that were also 162 but green, and had identical stats.

Totally talking out of my rear end but it seems like the intention was to make purple and blue gear actually matter again so when you get to the endgame or get a purple world drop it's actually a little special. For all of 3.0 green might as well have been gray.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Totally talking out of my rear end but it seems like the intention was to make purple and blue gear actually matter again so when you get to the endgame or get a purple world drop it's actually a little special. For all of 3.0 green might as well have been gray.

Yeah I've sold all the green and blue items I'd normally just vendor on the GTN. It's nice.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is anyone up to chapter 9 yet that can tell me how complicated this companion poo poo is? The guide on Dulfy makes it look confusing as hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WoW did this for one expansion. But people are conditioned to want purps.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Slim Killington posted:

Is anyone up to chapter 9 yet that can tell me how complicated this companion poo poo is? The guide on Dulfy makes it look confusing as hell.

It's not too complex. You get extra companions to grind influence on once you are on chapter 9. A bunch are part of the KOTFE storyline, others are optional that you do quests for (Fetch the thingamabobs, do 20 warzones, etc). But it's a cool way to let classes use different companions I was just happy to get Talos back

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I kind of wish they worked HK-51 and Treek into the KOTFE story if you owned them. You can mention 51 in one conversation but that is all I've seen so far that references them.

You can use them at any point in KOTFE once you're not in a companion restricted area.

You can also summon any KOTFE companion on the fleet, so uh watch for possible companion spoilers

I wonder if you can go back to the fleet with Darth Marr

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

God dammit evil Jaesa, I dress you up like a respectable woman and you just "lose" your pants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you get to eventually change the costumes of the early KOTFE companions, or do they stay locked into one?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Medullah posted:

God dammit evil Jaesa, I dress you up like a respectable woman and you just "lose" your pants.

They should be in your inventory

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

They should be in your inventory

They were, but do you have any idea how many credits you get for used evil Jaesa Pants in Space-Japan?

Tuskin38 posted:

I kind of wish they worked HK-51 and Treek into the KOTFE story if you owned them. You can mention 51 in one conversation but that is all I've seen so far that references them.
I wonder if you can go back to the fleet with Darth Marr

There's a mini conversation between Treek and HK during chapter 9. :)

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Do you get to eventually change the costumes of the early KOTFE companions, or do they stay locked into one?

None of the ones o have can get, I'm on chapter 8.

I don't think you can change their costumes because it isn't gear, it is part of their character.

They have a customization slot so they might sell those in the future

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Medullah posted:

There's a mini conversation between Treek and HK during chapter 9. :)

Oh neat, I'm on 8 so I'll have to look out for it when I get to 9

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
For anyone who's trying to solo the Chapter 9 alliance mission "Stalking the Score", here's is a quick guide so you don't end up missing a hint and wandering for over an hour like I did:

Minor hint: There are four areas with worthy targets on Hoth, the datapad in front of the questgiver gives hints to where you can find them.

More specifically, one is in Icefall (Imperial starting map), due southeast of the southern Imperial quick travel point; another is in Whiterock Wastes (Republic starting map) directly above Outpost Cresh; another in Highmount Ridge; the last is somewhere in the Starship Graveyard though I didn't end up finding it. Respawn timer on all of them is 15 minutes, and you'll need a total of 20 solo kills to finish the quest.

Edit: there is now a guide on dulfy.net.

Promethium fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 21, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

For anyone who's trying to solo the Chapter 9 alliance mission "Stalking the Score", here's is a quick guide so you don't end up missing a hint and wandering for over an hour like I did:

Minor hint: There are four worthy targets on Hoth, the datapad in front of the questgiver gives hints to where you can find them.

More specifically, one is in Icefall (Imperial starting map), due southeast of the southern Imperial quick travel point; another is in Whiterock Wastes (Republic starting map) directly above Outpost Cresh; another in Highmount Ridge; the last is somewhere in the Starship Graveyard though I didn't end up finding it. Respawn timer on all of them is 15 minutes, and you'll need a total of 20 solo kills to finish the quest.

Ugh that's awful. I'll just wait for a world boss kill one of these days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey so for you serious raiders that watch this thread, is it finally time to drop my Assassins 180 set bonus for the new ultimate comm gear?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Ugh that's awful. I'll just wait for a world boss kill one of these days.

The war relic one requires doing 20 PvP warzones unless you're a specific class. Ugh. And the kindly monster requires a shitload of high-end bioanalysis (I think) materials in addition to only being able to complete while the rakghoul event is up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

The war relic one requires doing 20 PvP warzones unless you're a specific class. Ugh. And the kindly monster requires a shitload of high-end bioanalysis (I think) materials in addition to only being able to complete while the rakghoul event is up.

The warzone one can be skipped if you have valor 40. I haven't seen the other one, can you spoiler which companion it is? I was under the impression I'd done all of them available so far.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Speaking of gear, I'm a little confused about how bolstering now works for endgame content.

So all the raids are now for 50-65 characters, and gear is bolstered, yes? So if I take my level 65 juggernaut into a raid with level 60 tank gear, will I be bolstered to the point where I'm useful, or do I really need to be wearing level 65 tank gear to tank? I ask because my MMO ADD kicked in and I swapped my jugg to vengeance spec because it looks cooler but I'd still like to tank if I need to, so I'm wondering if I can just hang onto my old 60 tank gear and be fine, or if I need to grind out a separate set.

And does gear bolster for hard mode FPs? The GF tooltip is confusing; it recommends a minimum item rating, but it also says that you can be level 50-65, so...I don't understand what bolsters and what does not, here. The minimum rating suggests I need to be well-geared, but I can also enter at level 50? With level 50 gear?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know why I would need a companion with this many HP since anything you try to solo that you're overleveled for will de-level you, but it's still impressive as hell. This is only influence rank 11 too...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

The warzone one can be skipped if you have valor 40. I haven't seen the other one, can you spoiler which companion it is? I was under the impression I'd done all of them available so far.

You have to recruit 4 other companions from contacts for it to pop up, but it's Dr. Lokin.

I hate PvP in most MMOs and have never touched it in this game.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Dulfy already has a guide up for Alliance stuff by the way. It spoils who the contacts are so don't click it if you don't want to know.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

You have to recruit 4 other companions from contacts for it to pop up, but it's Dr. Lokin.

I hate PvP in most MMOs and have never touched it in this game.

It's bad and cruel and if you've never done it before you're probably going to gently caress up and get called horrible names and be told to never queue ever again

Just turn off ops chat before you go in and you'll never know

You'll also be unable to communicate with your team and this triple your chances of loving up and making idiot newbie mistakes and everyone on your team will hate you

But you'll never know

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Medullah posted:

I don't know why I would need a companion with this many HP since anything you try to solo that you're overleveled for will de-level you, but it's still impressive as hell. This is only influence rank 11 too...

Hey, Scorpio go kill that entire room I'm just gonna chill over here for a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Someone asked earlier so I checked -

Companions that you get as part of the storyline of KOTFE are NOT customizable - what they wear is what they wear. Major spoiler loving Theron hasn't washed his clothes in 5 years

Companions that you recruit as part of the Alliance system are customizable.

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

also here's a stupid take
---------------------------->

Medullah posted:

loving Theron hasn't washed his clothes in 5 years

he is also good with computers and has a generally contemptuous/whiny demeanor

Space Goon spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Someone asked earlier so I checked -

Companions that you get as part of the storyline of KOTFE are NOT customizable - what they wear is what they wear. Major spoiler loving Theron hasn't washed his clothes in 5 years

Companions that you recruit as part of the Alliance system are customizable.

Nico hasn't washed/changed his clothes since the retaking of Korriban. Not sure how happy I am that Vette is running around in his duster

Edit - has anyone killed Skadge yet. Please spoiler your answer if you have but feel free to go into gory detail cause I don't want to touch my BH till I know how to kill him.

Rouncer fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 21, 2015

• Locked thread