Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
drat, the amount of salt in the comments is amazing, bunch of people really upset they can't sell out their thousands of YES shares that are now worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I wooped and clapped when I heard on NPR that Biden isn't running, even though I did want him to run.

I made $30 on that bet :) Up to $70 from my original $20 in a few weeks ain't too shabby.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I got all my Biden Run cashed out, but it now appears that my Biden Candidate is hung up. Amusingly since I tried to sell twice because it wasn't going through I now have twice as many sell orders as shares. Be a mensch Predictit and go ahead and let me sell my shares twice.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm about to double my money apparently as I now have 1800 sell orders for 900 shares.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

pathetic little tramp posted:

drat, the amount of salt in the comments is amazing, bunch of people really upset they can't sell out their thousands of YES shares that are now worthless.

quote:

Moose - as funny as your gloating is, please take this opportunity to educate us pitiful yes holders: how did you know? What kept you on team no even despite multiple leaks suggesting yes?

What kept most of us on team NO? Perhaps when the source of those leaks was Willam Kristol? LOL!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I sold at .97, executed no problem.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Insider trading obv, if I had that kind of power I'd definitely use it to win a thousand bucks on a gambling site :jerkoff:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't sell my shares, trying to get out at .97.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trying to sell at $.99. some orders are going through, i think.

made a cool $270. :)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zeta Taskforce posted:

What kept most of us on team NO? Perhaps when the source of those leaks was Willam Kristol? LOL!

Bill Kristol and various anonymous sources that contradict themselves and constantly push back previously stated deadlines, who wouldn't believe a late October announcement with such mounds of solid evidence?

Really, if they'd just gotten Dick Morris to say Biden was running everyone would have immediately liquidated their No shares.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I thought that his running would be pointless after Sunday, but I held onto my shares because I still thought he'd run anyways. :ohdear:

Props for honesty, but drat that is brutal.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zeta Taskforce posted:

It's pretty clear in hindsight when you consider that logically it never made sense for him to run and one or two sources (probably from Draft Biden) were clearly driving the rumors with nothing ever came out of Joe's mouth. I admit I was nervous at the end, I got super burned when bad reporters and anonymous sources were claiming Lebron was going back to Cleveland. It felt like deja vu.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Hell yeah Biden!!! Bought 500 no at 28c easiest $300 of my life.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Picked right about Biden for <20% poll and not getting Dem nomination markets and made a whole $4! I didn't have much invested and most of it's spread out but it's a nice end for my first predictit result.

Time to get double meat on my next Chipotle bowl to celebrate.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I still wonder whether Joe really was indecisive and realized it was pointless, or if it was coordinated that he'd hold out just in case Hillary faltered, and finally figured the media speculation was going to end the charade anyway.

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Question: how can you see a market's end date?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just realized that even though I have shares on Bernie winning the democrat nomination I hadn't bet against Hillary. Decided to double down on losing money :getin:

Also threw money towards O'Malley getting veep, I think getting lucky on Biden has made me a little cocky.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I can't trade poo poo. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lelandjs posted:

Just realized that even though I have shares on Bernie winning the democrat nomination I hadn't bet against Hillary. Decided to double down on losing money :getin:

Also threw money towards O'Malley getting veep, I think getting lucky on Biden has made me a little cocky.

This thread's been pretty cavalier about betting with risky things like the Biden market, but putting money on Bernie/against Hillary is just throwing your money away.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My sale of NOs at .97 went through. Now I have, out of the blue, a massive buy on YES orders. I don't know why. This better not loving happen.

edit it didn't. that was dumb

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Oct 21, 2015

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Milk Malk posted:

Question: how can you see a market's end date?

Answer: Click on the "Data" tab for the market. If it isn't there, you may be in a submarket of a larger market. Go to the larger market page and you should be able to find the data tab there.

EDIT: Yeah, the trading process is completely borked. What's being shown as being sold in the "My Shares" page and what's being shown as being sold on the Buy/Sell markets isn't matching up at all. They really need to close trading while they figure this out.

Combed Thunderclap has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Oct 21, 2015

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aliquid posted:

My sale of NOs at .97 went through. Now I have, out of the blue, a massive buy on YES orders. I don't know why. This better not loving happen.

edit it didn't. that was dumb

Same thing happening for me. Site is flipping poo poo.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosefStalinator posted:

This thread's been pretty cavalier about betting with risky things like the Biden market, but putting money on Bernie/against Hillary is just throwing your money away.

What can I say, I like throwing money away. That's why I've donated to Bernie's campaign.

Also compared to what some of you are throwing at Predictit I'm playing with pocket change, I've only deposited $35 total

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So knowing that I made a good judgment call is cool, but knowing that I took a lot of money from other people in the process is also cool.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

lelandjs posted:

What can I say, I like throwing money away. That's why I've donated to Bernie's campaign.

Also compared to what some of you are throwing at Predictit I'm playing with pocket change, I've only deposited $35 total

Hey now. Your Bernie campaign money is going to be given over to the DNC and Hillary, so it's not really down the drain!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

lelandjs posted:

I donated to Bernie and also have bets against him. Not sure how to feel when the contract ends.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hey now. Your Bernie campaign money is going to be given over to the DNC and Hillary, so it's not really down the drain!

Nah, that money will be well and spent by then.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now that Biden is basically set, what's the incentive for selling no at .97 instead of just waiting for it to resolve at 1?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^ You don't get your money for a week or so.

JosefStalinator posted:

I think in both cases (Biden NO, Bernie NO), the thread consensus is based off of pretty solid fundamentals. To me, the only risky thing about Biden NO was a wildcard personality, and in the end reality beat it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
It seems to have cleared up, I did indeed manage to get 84 buys of 92 cent shares! Now can I get it all to get to 99, or must I bail at 98?

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Answer: Click on the "Data" tab for the market. If it isn't there, you may be in a submarket of a larger market. Go to the larger market page and you should be able to find the data tab there.

EDIT: Yeah, the trading process is completely borked. What's being shown as being sold in the "My Shares" page and what's being shown as being sold on the Buy/Sell markets isn't matching up at all. They really need to close trading while they figure this out.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So uh this order to buy 900 shares of yes isn't going to go through right?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

pathetic little tramp posted:

It seems to have cleared up, I did indeed manage to get 84 buys of 92 cent shares! Now can I get it all to get to 99, or must I bail at 98?

Put up a sell order for 99c, you might get it within a day or two. There's a 9k sell order that has to clear first though.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hmm, well I appear to have been hit with the Buy YES bug and lost a random 3 dollars and lost those 84 NO shares I supposedly bought at 91 cents and it says I want to buy 184 YES shares, so this is good.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
My sale of NOs at .98 went through just now as well.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

All my offers have now gone through and are showing up normally, things seem to be back on track.

EDIT: And someone bought my shares at 99 cents because I was able to sell them fast enough, XOXO Zeta Taskforce.

Combed Thunderclap has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Oct 21, 2015

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so RYANNO is looking good to me. thoughts?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Combed Thunderclap posted:

All my offers have now gone through and are showing up normally, things seem to be back on track.

EDIT: And someone bought my shares at 99 cents because I was able to sell them fast enough, XOXO Zeta Taskforce.

Nice! Mine went through at 98.

I managed to get a buy order for 500 YES in front of the one for 106,918. I think they will be worth 3 or 4 in a week. But wow is 106,918 possible? Isn't this worth $1,069.81, thus violating the $850 rule?

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I managed to get a buy order for 500 YES in front of the one for 106,918. I think they will be worth 3 or 4 in a week. But wow is 106,918 possible? Isn't this worth $1,069.81, thus violating the $850 rule?

That could be the combination of multiple, smaller orders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Abel Wingnut posted:

so RYANNO is looking good to me. thoughts?

Agreed. I've had a few hundred shares of NO at 60 for a week or so. With my Biden funds, I may max bet it, it should resolve (or close to it) by Friday

• Locked thread