Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrProsek posted:

All Flashes look alike :colbert:.

That's Flashism you Flashist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Rhyno posted:

That's Flashism you Flashist.

Oh, here we go with the coastal liberal picking on the midwestern conservative just for having different values!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I love how Wally and Victor are the only people in that room who aren't millionaires or a noblewoman and he's the conservative one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Donna and Dick are pretty clear trust-fund liberals, though. "I care deeply about solving poverty, as long as I can keep my butler and mansion."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Donna and Dick are pretty clear trust-fund liberals, though. "I care deeply about solving poverty, as long as I can keep my butler and mansion."

Dick is a Little Orphan Annie story. He was a carnie, he slept in the hay with the elephants or whatever but he charmed his way into the blackened heart of a depressed billionaire.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kikkoman posted:

Does the guy work at the Beguiling comic book store in Toronto? He's awesome!

Entirely possible as Zdarsky lives in Toronto and obviously is involved in the comic scene.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Shiiiit, Steve-Cap did the same thing in some 80's run, with the whole telephone hotline. It was when he had the Ameri-Van. He recruited the Captain America Fan-Club to sift through all his calls to find useful information for him.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Prison Warden posted:

I love how Wally and Victor are the only people in that room who aren't millionaires or a noblewoman and he's the conservative one.

The average American DC voter suffers from the delusion that if they work hard, someday they will be granted superpowers.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Which comic was it that caused a hoo-hah over Tea Party signs not too long back?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

KayTee posted:

Which comic was it that caused a hoo-hah over Tea Party signs not too long back?

It was this panel from 602 of Brubaker's Captain America.

Which was changed to this after said hoo-hah:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm glad my beliefs aren't shattered by a small sign in a comic pannel. Life must be real hard for those folks.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Impulse was cool and good. Ramos isn't the best artist but it was the 90s and everybody had a style they were going for. He was a pretty good fit for Impulse, which was a pretty cartoony comic. And it was really loving good and funny, so maybe read the comics instead of tripping all over each other in a mad rush to make fun of the art.

Wasn't Impulse Ramos's first job as a series regular artist?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Selachian posted:

Wasn't Impulse Ramos's first job as a series regular artist?

He was on Hardware before that. Can't even tell it was him (no goofy faces, no giant feet)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ror posted:

There was also some bitching about a line where Sam says that Bucky has to be the one to inflitrate the bad guys, not because Bucky's Cap at the time, but because a black dude would stick out like a sore thumb. So you got a lot of "TEA PARTY ISNT RACIST, WE TOTALLY HAVE A BLACK FRIEND!".

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 20, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

Well at least America is Not 4 Sale anymore :911:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

redbackground posted:

Well at least America is Not 4 Sale anymore :911:

AMERICA: SOLD by Realtor

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

John Dyne posted:

I'm imagining him getting shot and Peter cradling him in his arms, but rather than a sage comment about power, he curses and says 'WHAT A REVOLTIN' DEVELOPMENT' before dying.

Pages back, but this line literally caused me to spit my drink. Makes me laugh again just reading over it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LawfulWaffle posted:

Pages back, but this line literally caused me to spit my drink. Makes me laugh again just reading over it.

Yeah well Uncle Ben never said that line except in the movies, and they might have added it later, but not initially.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was made into a thing Ben said well before the movies. I'm fairly sure the 90's cartoon, for instance, has it introduced that way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure the comics themselves introduced it as "a thing Ben said to Peter" long before that.

Peter wasn't there when Ben died after all, he just came home and found it happened.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

What If? Infinity: Guardians of the Galaxy

For context, Rocket Raccoon is at a bar retelling the fight between the Guardians and the Illuminati. He wasn't really paying attention to what anyone was saying so he decided to make an educated guess.

The whole book is silly like this and is probably the best one in Infinity's What If? series.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 21, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Amazing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
l-to-the-ol

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

At first I thought Reed was yelling about Smarts and Religion, which was funnier from the way BSS has been talking about it in other threads. Also, I hate when the Illuminati is used like a normal fighting superhero team.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chinaman7000 posted:

At first I thought Reed was yelling about Smarts and Religion, which was funnier from the way BSS has been talking about it in other threads. Also, I hate when the Illuminati is used like a normal fighting superhero team.

I agree, but you have to give Rocket credit for getting Namor right.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Chinaman7000 posted:

They weren't really used as a regular super team here. The Guardians attacked them during one of their meetings in Wakanda.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rat Queens continues to be pretty fun.

(Rat Queens #12)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I misread that as one of the things you shouldn't give her is half a pint. I'd be mad at half a pint, too!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Rat Queens continues to be pretty fun.

(Rat Queens #12)

I am not terribly fond of the new art. Wasn't the new artist supposed to be the person who does those superman comics? It doesn't look like it.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

I am not terribly fond of the new art. Wasn't the new artist supposed to be the person who does those superman comics? It doesn't look like it.

Stjepan Sejic did a small strip about Lois and Superman loving but other than that none of the Rat Queens artists did the art for Superman. The artist for #12 was Tess Fowler.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

SilverSupernova posted:

What If? Infinity: Guardians of the Galaxy

For context, Rocket Raccoon is at a bar retelling the fight between the Guardians and the Illuminati. He wasn't really paying attention to what anyone was saying so he decided to make an educated guess.

I only know him from the movie, but is Drax physically strong enough to go toe to toe with Namor? Cuz he kinda sucked in the movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I only know him from the movie, but is Drax physically strong enough to go toe to toe with Namor? Cuz he kinda sucked in the movie.

Comic Drax is meant to go toe to toe with Thanos.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Comic Drax is meant to go toe to toe with Thanos.

Was. He got massively depowered (and redesigned) when he came back to life in his own mini in 2006 or 2007. Still strong enough to go against Namor, though.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Isn't Namor also supposed to be super strong? I can never remember what his powers are but I vaguely remember he's supposed to be able to beat up Hulks.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DrProsek posted:

Stjepan Sejic did a small strip about Lois and Superman loving but other than that none of the Rat Queens artists did the art for Superman. The artist for #12 was Tess Fowler.

That explains why I can never remember his name. IIRC he did at least one other with batman/superman.

So is Tess Fowler going to be doing them for the forseeable future, or what?

edit: did some googling, looks like 13-15 are Sejic but Fowler is the main artist going forward. Bummer.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 21, 2015

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Saoshyant posted:

Was. He got massively depowered (and redesigned) when he came back to life in his own mini in 2006 or 2007. Still strong enough to go against Namor, though.
But... Drax (post-redesign) killed Thanos in Annihilation. Like, literally ripped his heart out. The redesign seemed to be only visual, so he was still a super-killing machine.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ignite Memories posted:

edit: did some googling, looks like 13-15 are Sejic but Fowler is the main artist going forward. Bummer.

If it makes you feel better, she will likely stay for ~5 issues, then the curse of Rat Queens will befall her as well.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

He's as strong as he needs to be for the plot because it's a loving comic FFS.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

If it makes you feel better, she will likely stay for ~5 issues, then the curse of Rat Queens will befall her as well.

Remember when Rat Queens was supposed to be 10 issues a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Saoshyant posted:

I wouldn't say he got depowered. He lost his weird cosmic abilities and his even werided dumb hulk superstrong form, but he was reborn as something just as, if not even more deadly. This newer form is implied to be his body re-specializing itself to better kill Thanos since his previous forms didn't do the job.

And I mean he loving tore out Thanos' loving heart.

It's possible he's since been downgraded in power levels due to being written by Bendis or some movie synergy mandate, but just because the guy runs around with knives doesn't mean he's not cosmic level anymore..