Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Still a solid plan. You'll have go get your diet in order if you want to drop the weight. Assuming you have a plan for that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I had some workout buddies back in college. Even if we all mostly worked out on our own it was motivating to be around people who had similar goals. When I had trouble willing myself to go to the gym after a lovely day or something I would go "one of those assholes is probably at the gym lifting right now," and that would be enough.

So now I graduated and I know nobody here. I still eat right and count my calories, but lifting is much tougher, especially now that I'm on a deficit trying to lose about 20 pounds. I guess if I was bulking it would be easier but I hate being a fatass

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just think of how disappointed the swole thread will be in you if you don't lift

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

I had some workout buddies back in college. Even if we all mostly worked out on our own it was motivating to be around people who had similar goals. When I had trouble willing myself to go to the gym after a lovely day or something I would go "one of those assholes is probably at the gym lifting right now," and that would be enough.

So now I graduated and I know nobody here. I still eat right and count my calories, but lifting is much tougher, especially now that I'm on a deficit trying to lose about 20 pounds. I guess if I was bulking it would be easier but I hate being a fatass

finding cool people to lift with is often dependent on the gym. i've also tricked a number of buddies into lifting with me by convincing them they'd be really good at it

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

what is a preferred max protein meal from subway?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FogHelmut posted:

what is a preferred max protein meal from subway?

Going chipotle and getting a double meat bowl. We've been over this. Eating a loaf of bread makes it hard to be a max protein meal.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

Going chipotle and getting a double meat bowl. We've been over this. Eating a loaf of bread makes it hard to be a max protein meal.

if you are concerned about getting the best ratio of protein:(carbs + fats) then sure, but if you just want max protein get double meat hcicken strips on wheat

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

not my choice to go to subway, havent been there in 5+ years, but its something I have to do.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Double meat roast beef.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
how many calories does 30 minutes of hard masturbation burn

high intensity masturbation

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

david carmichael posted:

if you are concerned about getting the best ratio of protein:(carbs + fats) then sure, but if you just want max protein get double meat hcicken strips on wheat

Surely even a goon has a limit of how much they can fit in their gullet. I believe it becomes a volume problem.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the rear end in a top hat is a muscle too right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have big plans for that muscle

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
More high intensity masturbation?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gonna write a book on Masturbation exercise. Gonna open a gym where people go to masturbate their fat away

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

Surely even a goon has a limit of how much they can fit in their gullet. I believe it becomes a volume problem.

that is my regular subway order, and i'm often hungry afterwords

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i believe it was shakespeare who said "i gotta eat yeah even though i ate. no it ain't my birthday but i got my name on the cake"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pesmerga posted:

I dunno, they did a calliper test at the gym and that's what they told me. Guess they could have underestimated (or didn't want to hurt my feelings?) though v:v:v

Is 5'9" really short? :(

I have a really small frame I guess, and I was told by the guy at the gym doing the test that it was really time to start putting some more weight on. I'm now consciously trying to eat more.

I'm 5'9 as well. I weigh 168lbs and I am at 8.1% body fat. Yes, I have been working out hard for years and most of my weight is muscle and it sounds like you are just getting started, but I can not picture someone my height who weighs 23 lbs less having 12% body fat. I can't picture what that would look like. Or how it's even possible.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Am I supposed to be squeezing my cheeks together when I squat? I seem to hurt my lower back with not a lot of weight doing them

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Always be squeezing your butt cheeks.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

david carmichael posted:

i believe it was shakespeare who said "i gotta eat yeah even though i ate. no it ain't my birthday but i got my name on the cake"

believe that

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm 5'9 as well. I weigh 168lbs and I am at 8.1% body fat. Yes, I have been working out hard for years and most of my weight is muscle and it sounds like you are just getting started, but I can not picture someone my height who weighs 23 lbs less having 12% body fat. I can't picture what that would look like. Or how it's even possible.

you have a v. good press. how's your bench? are you a gifted pusher man?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

Always be squeezing your butt cheeks.

Squeeze them while you walk for secret exercise. Clench while you wait in line. Idle glutes are the devil's playthings.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

believe that

you have a v. good press. how's your bench? are you a gifted pusher man?

Dunno if you're being serious or a dick but current bench is 255x5

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Dunno if you're being serious or a dick but current bench is 255x5

Fer serious. That's better than I'll ever do even when I'm sometimes 50lbs heavier than you since my shoulders have given up on me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went to the gym at work today and no one else came and i had 3 tvs to myself and it was super relaxing

other people are the worsttt

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got the oven roasted chicken. It was bad, not going back to Subway for another 5 years. Drank some protein when I got home and then ate a buttload of fish for dinner.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Goodpancakes posted:

Am I supposed to be squeezing my cheeks together when I squat? I seem to hurt my lower back with not a lot of weight doing them

keep it tight

keep it tight

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

I usually go with the single meat because even the chicken is pretty high in fat (because it's dark meat, and also I gotta have dat guac) and although it is fine for that meal it means I can barely have any more fats for the rest of the day and then the rest of my meals suck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I got the oven roasted chicken. It was bad, not going back to Subway for another 5 years. Drank some protein when I got home and then ate a buttload of fish for dinner.

i went there for the first time in at least a year today. their roast beef has to be worse. christ. it was bad.

i like their pickles though. plus it was 5 bux flat. paying in a single bill is cool

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

i went there for the first time in at least a year today. their roast beef has to be worse. christ. it was bad.

i like their pickles though. plus it was 5 bux flat. paying in a single bill is cool

It was cheap. I'll give it that.

Just need to set up a feeding tube to drip protein 24 hours.

Also need to know the absorption rate of buttchugging protein.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I had a nightmare last night that I had squat so hard my quads permanently seized. Today I woke up totally domsed.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hi friends.

I was like up to 290 pounds back in late April, and here in October, I'm around 255 and am getting close to my college lifting peak. Still got a ways to go, but here's what my last glory lifts were.

All are 4 sets of 6.
Squats - 325
Deadlifts - 345
Bench - 275

The goal is 1000 pounds combined by the new year, which seemed totally impossible back in April, but here half a year later, it's looking like it's gonna happen.

Looking forward to getting swollen with you all, amen.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

All are 4 sets of 6.
Squats - 325
Deadlifts - 345
Bench - 275

You're reaaaaaalllly close to 1k my man. Have you plugged these into a 1RM calculator yet?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Still a solid plan. You'll have go get your diet in order if you want to drop the weight. Assuming you have a plan for that as well.

Yeah, I've been dropping steadily due to better diet and riding my bike.

At one point I was 318.

When I was 25 I was 215 and ripped. I doubt I'll get there again, but a solid 240 is definitely in the cards.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Just remember the ABC's of lifting. Always Be Bulking

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Checking in to New Bulk City and getting on the Joe Rogan diet

https://instagram.com/p/9AmqKepyKz/

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Zahgaegun posted:

You're reaaaaaalllly close to 1k my man. Have you plugged these into a 1RM calculator yet?

I have not. I wanna hit 1000 for 4x6, not max, though I could probably hit 1000 for a max if I tried. Might go for it Monday, since it's my birthday - nice lil swole present to myself.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Your eggs look gross.

Hth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Learn to cook eggs please. Did you use a dirty pan or what.

Also my egg poaching game is strong right now. Using apple cider vinegar in the water is a pro move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
bad eggs,

• Locked thread