Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Golden Frieza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm just glad everyone realized it was dumb and gave it a sensible name.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I am mad for that exact same reason.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I hope there's a super saiyan Ox-in-the-box from universe 6

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 21, 2015

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So many times that Earth could have been destroyed, taking bets on what happened to Champa's Earth.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's kind of obvious. I mean, Vados said it seemed to be devoid of life. Universe 6 is a twin of Universe 7. And there is a popular character in an alternate universe that Toriyama might remember.

Hey, I can dream, right!?

It also creates a resolution since they realize there are some humans so everyone gets what they want.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Today was a good day for Dragon all. Resurrection F released on physical media ( could apparently rent it before now) and Butoden came out in the west :D for USA at least, it was out in EU a few days ago.

Butoden is at first appearance a rather simple fighting game though. Still fun, but not as much depth as I was hoping it to have even after the demo. Seeing as it is arc says. Under an hour in though, so maybe I'm just not that invested.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Covok posted:

It's kind of obvious. I mean, Vados said it seemed to be devoid of life. Universe 6 is a twin of Universe 7. And there is a popular character in an alternate universe that Toriyama might remember.

Turles, right. We all know what you're hinting at.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 21, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Are you implying Arale killed everyone on Earth?

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Are you implying Arale killed everyone on Earth?

No joke, that's the first thing I thought of.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, Cell or Buu getting out early seems like the most likely answer. Or Frieza just nuking the place.

Or maybe Champa just had a bad day and lady-Whis, whose name I'm having a brainfart on, doesn't have time-reversing powers like her male counterpart (Resurrection F spoiler).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Actually, the most likely explanation is that Boss Rabbit/Monster Carrot turned Goku into a carrot and ate him. With Goku no longer around to save the world, Pilaf and the Red Ribbon Army go to war with each other and destroy the planet in the process.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Maybe Goku just didn't bump his head as a baby in universe 6.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

AGirlWonder posted:

No joke, that's the first thing I thought of.

Me as well. Figured Arale punched the planet around one too many times or something.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Cell and Frieza should get resurrected to join the earth fighting forces tournament team.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Demon King Piccolo kills Goku, destroys every district on the planet over the next few years, forces a fusion with Kami, destroying the Dragon Balls, ends up in a war with Babidi.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It's the King Piccolo vs Red Ribbon Army universe from Xenoverse.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Pyroi posted:

Demon King Piccolo kills Goku, destroys every district on the planet over the next few years, forces a fusion with Kami, destroying the Dragon Balls, ends up in a war with Babidi.

poo poo, now I have to write a whole "War of the Demon Wizards" campaign for Parallels because that poo poo sounds rad as gently caress.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Watched Ressurection F, it was okay. I thought it was dumb that they win because Freiza cant handle his new form well. BoG was much better in pretty much every way. Jaco was great though, hope he appears a bunch in Super.

Jaco for 5th man in the tournament.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Guys your missing the genius idea of Champa's guy. Hear me out it's Goku. But he's EVIL! He goes super Saiyan but instead of gold or blue it's red! Because he's evil! Instead of an orange gi with blue other stuff it's grey and red. Because he's evil! Red is so cool just like Shadow the hedgehog

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squallege posted:

Guys your missing the genius idea of Champa's guy. Hear me out it's Goku. But he's EVIL! He goes super Saiyan but instead of gold or blue it's red! Because he's evil! Instead of an orange gi with blue other stuff it's grey and red. Because he's evil! Red is so cool just like Shadow the hedgehog

But that guy already exists his name is Vegeta.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Beerus is an evil Goku.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Squallege posted:

I love the Kaioken technique, too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

KoB posted:

Watched Ressurection F, it was okay. I thought it was dumb that they win because Freiza cant handle his new form well. BoG was much better in pretty much every way. Jaco was great though, hope he appears a bunch in Super.

That's basically how Goku originally beat Freiza, he just can't control his power so he just leaks energy.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Frieza is the jock from a wealthy family and Goku is the kid who works hard and gets good grades

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm not sure what that makes Vegeta though

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is it just a translation issue? Latest manga chapter says there's no humanity on Champa's earth, but then he says 5 humans. Or are we to go liberal with that term and call those human looking dudes who were with frieza and maybe saiyans humans too?

Covok
May 27, 2013

zelah posted:

Is it just a translation issue? Latest manga chapter says there's no humanity on Champa's earth, but then he says 5 humans. Or are we to go liberal with that term and call those human looking dudes who were with frieza and maybe saiyans humans too?

Champa is really, really dumb.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KoB posted:

y. I thought it was dumb that they win because Freiza cant handle his new form well.

I disagree. It fits in with the theme of the movie. Frieza's fatal flaw is that he's so obsessed with revenge and is so arrogant that the second that he gets the new form, he goes to Earth to fight goku. If he had patience and actually learned to master it, he could have beaten goku. It really fit's in with Frieza's character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just sort of the cherry on the "Freeza is an idiot" icing that is coupled with him seriously thinking Vegeta wanted back in on his army. It was funny, but it's a pretty flaccid ending to that fight.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

ImpAtom posted:

But that guy already exists his name is Turles.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

It's just sort of the cherry on the "Freeza is an idiot" icing that is coupled with him seriously thinking Vegeta wanted back in on his army. It was funny, but it's a pretty flaccid ending to that fight.

Not gonna lie, I was like oh goddamn it.

Granted I will admit the ending did make chuckle.

Vegeta getting mad at goku for kill stealing was pretty hilarious

Also regarding Freiza
Not the first time Goku won because Frieza couldn't keep up. His 100 percent form was burning hella energy whereas I think Goku in SS stayed consistent or burned less energy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shindragon posted:

Not gonna lie, I was like oh goddamn it.

Granted I will admit the ending did make chuckle.

Vegeta getting mad at goku for kill stealing was pretty hilarious

Also regarding Freiza
Not the first time Goku won because Frieza couldn't keep up. His 100 percent form was burning hella energy whereas I think Goku in SS stayed consistent or burned less energy.

It does burn up energy but Frieza was worn down, because he hosed around fighting literally everyone else for a while.

Thus, I AM GOING TO MY TRUE FORM RIGHT FROM THE START

I wish I wish

18 had fought. would a scouter detect her power level? or would it come up 0 as well and then the faces as she hilariously wrecks poo poo since she is still stronger than SS1 gohan was

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I was expecting the ending of Resurrection F to really suck but in practice it worked okay. Vegeta still got to be rad, he just needed Goku's help. That's kind of a running theme of the movie- they're both strong on their own, but they need each other to be unstoppable.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Honestly I was expecting the ending of Resurrection F to really suck but in practice it worked okay. Vegeta still got to be rad, he just needed Goku's help. That's kind of a running theme of the movie- they're both strong on their own, but they need each other to be unstoppable.

Vegeta being the brains of that outfit is honestly a little terrifying

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Vegeta being the brains of that outfit is honestly a little terrifying

Let's be honest. There is no point where Goku of the brains of any place he is. If he is alone on Kame's island with the turtle, the Turtle is the one calling the thought-shots there.

Part of his upgrade from training with King Kai was having King Kai sit around in his head telling him to stop being stupid.

Covok
May 27, 2013

To be fair, Goku may be dumb, but he is clever. But, man, he is dumb.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku is a smart fighter but a dumb everything else

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aurora posted:

Goku is a smart fighter but a dumb everything else

He's pretty good at catching fish iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Let's be honest. There is no point where Goku of the brains of any place he is. If he is alone on Kame's island with the turtle, the Turtle is the one calling the thought-shots there.

Part of his upgrade from training with King Kai was having King Kai sit around in his head telling him to stop being stupid.

Except he never listens to King Kai. GOKU DONT FIGHT FREIZA WHATEVER YOU DO!

• Locked thread