Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

MrYenko posted:

Where'd you get the decal, and do they have them in a smaller size?
Seconding this. I need this in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Night Danger Moose posted:

Seconding this. I need this in my life.

There's a huge variety of them online, I just bought this from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015AXNY22

https://www.etsy.com/listing/250822...4a-0831dfff159e is another option

I just Googled ride eternal shiny and chrome decal

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Don't have a pretty shot yet, but my Mazda 3, now riding on RPF1s.

Thanks to 14" for installing them and thanks Jamal for suggesting getting a wider wheel.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MortLansky posted:

Pretty atrocious phone quality pic, but I like getting shots of my comparatively beater M5 next to all the new german metal I share parking lots with.

drat I didn't know there were multiple E28 M5's in AI. Good choice and great car.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Put on the winter wheels as well as some rally armor mud flaps. :sun:

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

:france:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Umm, excuse me. What? Can I have your seats please?

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

GramCracker posted:

Umm, excuse me. What? Can I have your seats please?

You'll have to lever me out first.
https://youtu.be/Ngp9mDVQ8N4?t=6m57s

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 21, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CharlesM posted:

Don't have a pretty shot yet, but my Mazda 3, now riding on RPF1s.

Thanks to 14" for installing them and thanks Jamal for suggesting getting a wider wheel.

RPF1s are on the list of "things I wish I had done to my MS3 right after buying it", along with the engine mounts and whatever would've been needed to adjust camber.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

This is the page of the hot hatch now. Nobody can post any other cars.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The hottest hatchback, E92

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Took my hot hatch* music festival camping last weekend.

*do quasi-convertibles count?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Since this is the hatch page I'll post my recent-est acquisition. A local time attack car that was setup and raced about 7 years ago. It's a bit of a time warp really. All the parts are dated. But gently caress it. Everything works. It's a drat riot. And it's plated so I can drive it to work and beat the poo poo out of it on weekends on the track or at slalom.

D15b Vtec. (lol)
Tein HA 8/12k
5bolt ITR brakes
LSDDDDDDDDD transmission
Rollbar/race seat/harness/QR momo race wheel

It's so. much. fun.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'd drive the poo poo out of that (but it needs a B16 too :getin:)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Nodoze posted:

I'd love to put a different motor in it. But I wanna keep my S20 LSD trans. :(

B swaps with LSDs are expensivvvvve around me. This thing only cost me 2500loonies. Which granted might be a lot for a VX Civic, but the overarching theme is cheap cheap cheap.

Which brings the total car count to;

NA Miata, E36 M3, EG Civic.

Some of the best stuff from the 90s. All have LSDs. I'm in heaven.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Nodoze posted:

gently caress that overhyped garbage motor.

the z6/y8 can yield some decent power even stock (or if built appropriately) if I recall correctly and since they were in literally almost every civic for anumber of years, should be CEEEEEAP, and you keep your snazzy psychotropic drugs.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

That rear slidy window thing is fuckin weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks for the link on those, I ordered them for both cars.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

PleasusChrist posted:

That rear slidy window thing is fuckin weird.

Agreed - it does however have one very useful purpose - completely eliminates wind buffeting with certain window open combinations. I totally could have lived without it - sadly due to the big options I wanted, this came along for the ride as it were.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Jebediah posted:

They were pretty dirty then, and confession time: they are stock now. Took a pressure washer and some Goo Gone to get the Dip off. Want to go back to matte black though. Not sure of the method for painting them. Google will be done to determine the method that best fits. I do have 4 rattle cans of Dip though that are itching to have a go.

Stock

Nice, another Genesis Coupe buddy! What make an model? I see the RSpec wheels but I thought you couldn't get an RSpec with a sunroof? Got a 2014 2.0T RSpec myself.

WAIL
Jan 31, 2007

I Dunno
This followed me home today. A 2011 3.8 R-Spec. It's the first car I've bought with my own money and also my first manual.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Your avatar just makes everything better.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

WAIL posted:

This followed me home today. A 2011 3.8 R-Spec. It's the first car I've bought with my own money and also my first manual.

gently caress yes.

Squeeze
Jul 23, 2012
I got myself an environmentally friendly car. Upgraded from a 2010 Focus so it's quite a leap for me.

2015 VW Passat, 2.0TDI DSG Trendline
-Xenon/Led's
-Keyless access
-Parking assistant things
-Navigation stuff with an 8" screen
-It does 5,5l/100km which is nice. The Focus did like 8l/100 (2.0NA petrol)

So far I've noticed that Sport mode is stupid; it makes the steering heavy and the gearbox jerky. Also the Xenon's are nice and keyless access is surprisingly useful. The boot's also big enough for my big danish dog, albeit in the Focus he fit in better cause the boot itself and the boot door were higher. Now he tends to hit his shoulders when he's climbing in.

The white is going to be a bitch. Southern Finnish winters are either super nice (snowy, cold) or super awful (sleet, rain, mud, darkness). Keeping it clean is going to be interesting.

I'm not 100% sure which engine models they use here but it shouldn't be one of those that are a part of the shitstorm.

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Oh man good loving choice. Driving one of these pushed me into getting my Megane.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I thought there was a (self-imposed) global stop-sale on 4 cylinder TDIs?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Ziploc posted:

B swaps with LSDs are expensivvvvve around me. This thing only cost me 2500loonies. Which granted might be a lot for a VX Civic, but the overarching theme is cheap cheap cheap.

God drat, that's a ridiculous price. I've been looking for a CRX or EG hatch for awhile now but they simply don't exist around here in non-molested shape. A friend has an SOHC with nothing but suspension mods and it's hilarious how fast of an autoX car it is. A few other friends have road race 90s civics (Del sol with JDM ITR motor, CRX with B16) and they are insanely fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeR_GPooBho

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Crustashio posted:

God drat, that's a ridiculous price. I've been looking for a CRX or EG hatch for awhile now but they simply don't exist around here in non-molested shape. A friend has an SOHC with nothing but suspension mods and it's hilarious how fast of an autoX car it is. A few other friends have road race 90s civics (Del sol with JDM ITR motor, CRX with B16) and they are insanely fun to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeR_GPooBho

That looks fun as hell. One day when I am out of my personal economic funk I think I am going to build a K-swap EG or EK hatch...they are so damned light and the power to weight ratio gets pretty bananas even with a very mildly tuned K20, 250 whp on a stripped out 90s honda shell is a fast fuckin car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Fit hadn't been cleaned up in a while so I decided to give it a coat of spit polish.

Although now I suppose this is very nonsensical:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The Fit hadn't been cleaned up in a while so I decided to give it a coat of spit polish.

:eyepop:

e: thought I better edit this post before the insane mod comes around and probates me for just posting an emote, but seeing you in a vette was very surprising at first but actually makes a lot of sense and now im wondering why you haven't done it earlier??????????????

corn in the fridge fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 24, 2015

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

corn in the fridge posted:

:eyepop:

e: thought I better edit this post before the insane mod comes around and probates me for just posting an emote, but seeing you in a vette was very surprising at first but actually makes a lot of sense and now im wondering why you haven't done it earlier??????????????

What's that supposed to mean? Do I come off as aggressively American to you now that you've transplanted?

But in seriousness, now that I've determined I'll probably be dead by 60, this is my mid-life. Plus it's surprising how cheap you can get a used Corvette. This is a 2010 2LT and it was surpassingly affordable.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I like your automotive ADD.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

What's that supposed to mean? Do I come off as aggressively American to you now that you've transplanted?

But in seriousness, now that I've determined I'll probably be dead by 60, this is my mid-life. Plus it's surprising how cheap you can get a used Corvette. This is a 2010 2LT and it was surpassingly affordable.

haha that's not what I meant at all i just figured since you've owned every other car under the sun I would have thought a vette would have been higher up on the list ;)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Youd better keep that license plate!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

PaintVagrant posted:

Youd better keep that license plate!

I was thinking of putting it over to my Protegé. Anyone else care to weigh in? I shall follow the AI hive mind

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I was thinking of putting it over to my Protegé. Anyone else care to weigh in? I shall follow the AI hive mind

Keep it on the 'vette.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
My new ride, crossposted from the wagon thread
84 300TD, 3 liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel :D
The N/A ones are geologically slow, this is about on par with my 2.2 Forester.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Keep it on the 'vette.

It's :perfect: with that plate frame

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Funny you say that because since I got one at age 25 I've worried it means I'll only live to be 50. Does it reset the clock if you trade up and get another one because I'd be willing to make that sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

chrisgt posted:

My new ride, crossposted from the wagon thread
84 300TD, 3 liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel :D
The N/A ones are geologically slow, this is about on par with my 2.2 Forester.

Does it have the sweet jump seats?