Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Fortescue posted:

Yo, I made us an IRC channel.

Yo here is a cool idea. Join the Goonintide steam group that has been posted in this thread at least 10 times. Since you know the game is on steam.

Why the gently caress are people obsessed with IRC when you have steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A Bretonnia militia man, who uses a bow worse than the elf, and melee weapons worse than everyone.

Dark Elf with a repeater crossbow please and thank you.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just want to be an Orc that chops everything including the dwarf.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
How come there seem to be no Warhammer 40k books to buy in the Amazon Kindle store? :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BadLlama posted:

A Bretonnia militia man, who uses a bow worse than the elf, and melee weapons worse than everyone.

A Knight Errant would work too. Not as funny, but still.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Danith posted:

How come there seem to be no Warhammer 40k books to buy in the Amazon Kindle store? :(

Back when they start doing them you could only get them on Apple Products because GW can gently caress off. No idea if that has changed.

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?

Danith posted:

Because Games Workshop only sells ebooks through their site for what seems like more money than is OK

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Maybe I'll see if my library has any. Their site is horrible. I can't tell if I'm looking at novels or game manuals. Also they seem to range in price from $25-$50 :wtc:

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?

Danith posted:

Maybe I'll see if my library has any. Their site is horrible. I can't tell if I'm looking at novels or game manuals. Also they seem to range in price from $25-$50 :wtc:

Yuuuuuup, classic Games Workshop right there.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dandywalken posted:

A Knight Errant would work too. Not as funny, but still.

I would love playing one. He could start with a lance that pierces enemies in a straight line, perfect for holding corridors

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Never ever forget that Games Workshop are awful.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The books aren't on GW's site, but on Black Library's instead. That's their publishing wing. The fiction e-books are still too expensive, but not $30-$50 like the books for the actual games. Of course, there are also digital versions of those rulebooks and they're also on Black Library to confuse the matter. GW is bad at a lot of things.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Only concern for Vermintide dlc is that the dev is pretty tiny, so the content stream might be slow. Seems like they want to kick things off with a free DLC though, so we'll see.

Night Goblins would be a pretty perfect enemy addition eventually, but I can see them spending like a year or two just adding more Skaven stuff.

Some sort of Zombie/Undead survival mode for (a) Halloween release almost seems given.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I honestly have no idea how this company in particular managed to produce a game of this visual quality while also being fun as poo poo. It boggles my mind.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Pimpmust posted:

Only concern for Vermintide dlc is that the dev is pretty tiny, so the content stream might be slow. Seems like they want to kick things off with a free DLC though, so we'll see.

I dunno, 50 people isn't that small and they can always bring on contractors.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
The new map is great. The Commander is a new special skaven, right? At least I've never seen him before.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sounds like the first free DLC is going to deal with endgame content, according the the AMA.

I'm not really sure why they chose a restart after hosting migration though. Seems you could take a snapshot of the map and just restart from there. But I am not a general dev, maybe it is difficult

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

DoubleWelp posted:

The new map is great. The Commander is a new special skaven, right? At least I've never seen him before.

Commander is the stormvermin rat I'm pretty sure.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Sounds like the first free DLC is going to deal with endgame content, according the the AMA.

I'm not really sure why they chose a restart after hosting migration though. Seems you could take a snapshot of the map and just restart from there. But I am not a general dev, maybe it is difficult

Hard to take that snapshot reliably if the host disconnects in a bad state. Next best solution is to implement some sort of checkpoint system where you take a snapshot at certain points that can be somewhat relied upon, and roll back to last, but I guess they haven't gotten there yet. Or maybe that doesn't work well with their RNG.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mordja posted:

I dunno, 50 people isn't that small and they can always bring on contractors.

Didn't someone state that they had expanded to 11 people, from 4?

Someone being Stanley Pain.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

War of the Roses' lukewarm success was mostly just bad timing; it came out as the same time as Chivalry, a much more fun game. It wasn't that bad of a game really

Actually, as far as I understand it War of the Roses did quite well in Europe, whereas Chivalry definitely beat it out in the US.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I hope the rumors of bells and doomwheels are true.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland posted:

There are for sure missions that deal with both of those, but they are not deployed. The bell is ABOUT to be deployed, but you knock it down first. The doomwheels are under construction and you blow them up with TNT. However, there could be future missions where there is maybe a doomwheel racing around, or a Seer turns up and manages to toll the bell.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pimpmust posted:

Didn't someone state that they had expanded to 11 people, from 4?

Someone being Stanley Pain.

Apparently I was wrong or misread or something :shobon: 50 total in the company (from their AMA).

They make other games too though, so maybe 4 leads + some underlings working on this title alone?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So when Total War Warhammer comes out, they should totally do a cross promotion with Vermintide: Skaven race for Total War, Orc and Blood Dragon mercenaries for Vermintide as new characters.

You can get away with putting a Vampire in Vermintide, just make them an aspiring Blood Dragon. The strongest Blood Dragons are insanely deadly to the point of dueling Bloodthirsters, but everyone has to start somewhere.

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?

Al Borland posted:

In the AMA they said that there are missions that cover both of those

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I would pay like $15 for a Warpriest of Sigmar character, who trades a ranged weapon for a prayer book that he just holds up and shouts litanies from while you hold down the mouse button. I'd also pay a lesser sum of money to replace the Witch Hunter's ranged weapon with that.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's obvious that Fatshark's next move should be to remake War of the Roses, just Warhammer

Warhammer of the Roses, yes please.

e:fb

Trier fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 21, 2015

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Skandranon posted:

The dwarf has specific nicknames for each of the other players, some of the Khazalid language tips during the loading screens will explain one of them. Grimgi is his name for the Witch Hunter, probably making fun of him being so drat grim all the time.

Soldier = Azumgi = Tough Manling

Witch Hunter = Grimgi = Dour/Grim Manling

Bright Wizard = Zharryn / Zharrkvin = Flame Woman

Elf = Wautelgi = Stupid/Dumb Elf

Dawri = Fellows or non-dwarf companions

Drengbarhazi = Oathsworn Slayers (used as a honorary term for fellow warriors)

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sister of Sigmar, Rat Catcher, and Orc is all I ask for.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

BombiTheZombie posted:

Soldier = Azumgi = Tough Manling

Witch Hunter = Grimgi = Dour/Grim Manling

Bright Wizard = Zharryn / Zharrkvin = Flame Woman

Elf = Wautelgi = Stupid/Dumb Elf

Dawri = Fellows or non-dwarf companions

Drengbarhazi = Oathsworn Slayers (used as a honorary term for fellow warriors)

So is Dori just him talking to himself?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Don't the skaven have some sort of warp flame thrower guy.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Dawri is pronounced Dori.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Skandranon posted:

Its him addressing the group, sort of how you say "Someone grab the ammunition, people"

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I'd LOVE a Bret Questing Knight. Full plate and your choice of two-handers, some kind of gimmick instead of a ranged weapon, like a set of self-buff prayers.

He'd be constantly amazed and enamored with this huge, beautiful, glorious city and everyone else could shoot him down.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Interesting reply from the AMA, when someone asked if they were planning on adding more Skaven enemies.

fatshark CEO posted:

More Skavens yes, as well as other races.

They also said that practice targets in the inn are something that is in development, however it's a extremely low development priority with improved optimization and bug fixes being #1 for right now.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Don't the skaven have some sort of warp flame thrower guy.

yes

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

I dont know posted:

They also said that practice targets in the inn are something that is in development, however it's a extremely low development priority with improved optimization and bug fixes being #1 for right now.

I thought that was the point of the hanging kielbasa over the bar

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The whole inn is filled with targets: plates, cups, bowls, sausages, skulls and flasks. Go how wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

quote:

The process of selecting and developing the characters was a long and difficult process, (but amazingly fun ofc.) a few of my favorites did not make the cut, the warhammer classic rat-catcher with a small but vicious dog and the bretonnian peasant had to be dropped since Martin wanted more epic heroes.

Aw god damnit. New characters when fotshork?

• Locked thread