Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

I see you don't know either, not sure why you're so proud of it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Yaos posted:

pete hinds on twitter.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Yaos posted:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Yaos posted:

He's calling you an idiot because Cream-of-Plenty's posts are all mostly made up goof stuff mocking T. Howard.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Think I'm gonna have to get this on PS4, I normally go PC but I "can I run this" states I need 8 gig ram but I only have 6.2 gig (everything else is cool).

They did say most user made mods will be avaliable on consoles right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

VoLaTiLe posted:

Think I'm gonna have to get this on PS4, I normally go PC but I "can I run this" states I need 8 gig ram but I only have 6.2 gig (everything else is cool).

Make sure you install all the high hd graphic mods that come out on the console, then go get some eggs and you can make breakfast on the console.

Then at one point it will catch fire, and you most likely will never be able to sex the dog.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

VoLaTiLe posted:

They didn't say most mods and I'm sure it won't be most of them. Probably a small curated selection. And only on xbone, to start with. PS4 mods aren't confirmed yet, but they will work on it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

VoLaTiLe posted:

If console mods factor heavily into your decision I think it would be best to wait just a little bit to see how well the whole thing works and also what kind of selection is available. I think there are a lot of question marks about the whole thing as of now.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I saw here they had more Pip boy editions, was gonna buy it.

In the time it took me to get out my card and clear the purchase with the wife, its sold out again for PC. gently caress.

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Moridin920 posted:

As much as I really can't wait to get my hands on this game tbh I wouldn't mind if the release was pushed to early 2016 if it means giving them more time to play test and polish.

Of course I'm sure someone would try to bomb their offices if they did that so whatever.

HATE DELAY

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Jastiger posted:

clear the purchase with the wife

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaahaha

HATE WIFE

Edit: you ever laugh so hard it breaks the thread

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 21, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

coyo7e posted:

That is a fascinating question. what the gently caress IS that button?!

That's the button to "reconnect" the signal to your `bone or controller adapter if for some reason it's not recognized but well within range, it'll just reconnect with the console/adapter's ID. Sorry to kill the surprise.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sharzak posted:

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

HATE WIFE

Divorce proceedings have already been filed.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

null posted:

This does help, thanks! I've missed that edition so many times I didn't even check.

I don't usually get strategy guides, but the original Fallout 1 & 2 manuals were awesome, I still have both somewhere. I think they were spiral bound too, which works well for a guide. I think I'll cancel the order for this anyway since I got a PC pip boy edition.
The fallout 1 & 2 manuals should be used in WRI 227 classes when demonstrating how to write engaging and informative content for a targeted audience. They're exceptional examples of 90s-era game manuals of course, but they also are engrossing enough that someone can spend hours reading them without actually intending to pore through them to learn about game mechanics. Imagine if your car's manual was so good that you sat in the parking lot for an extra 20 minutes chuckling and learning about how your air system buttons work.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

VoLaTiLe posted:

RAM is pretty cheap. I'm interested to see if I'll be able to run this pile myself; I tried the demos for Dying Light and Evil Within on lowest settings and they were choppy but playable even though I have no graphics card to speak of. Plus after launch there'll probably be performance enhancing mods like the ones for New Vegas which remove trash piles and grass.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Yaos posted:

Where does the quoted stuff come from? It's not in your link.

From that weird button on the Fallout 4 Xbox One controller.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doodles posted:

Who gives a poo poo, so long as Mysterious Stranger is there. Ah, Luck. AKA, The Dump Stat.

You're loving crazy. Luck is one of the best stats there is due to the way crits worked in the previous games. Even more-so with NV's gambling.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And now Luck actually changes the quality of loot you find, at least in theory now. High luck and intelligence still seem to be the best options to build towards.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

High Luck + Paciencia = head asplode

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The 10 Luck + Jinxed trait were good fun in the first two games, though it did get tiresome after a while.

I don't know if there is even still a Jinxed option since traits are gone and that wouldn't really make a good perk. All we've seen so far suggests that the SPECIAL system has undergone a major overhaul so we'll have to wait and see how it works out.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nasgate posted:

It's a safe bet that you guys eat Indian or African food with spoons or some other stupid bullshit. I bet you also eat Vietnamese with chopsticks instead of a spoon.

Chopsticks for cheetos. Fat greasy hands for everything else.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Some of the theories people are throwing around on r/fo4 are so loving stupid. I know reddit already scrapes the bottom of the barrel, but goddamn its like 12 year olds making guesses there.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Geoff Zahn posted:

Some of the theories people are throwing around on r/fo4 are so loving stupid. I know reddit already scrapes the bottom of the barrel, but goddamn its like 12 year olds making guesses there.

A true predator must do more than understand his target; he must become his target.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
As a non reddit user I cannot comprehend how it could possibly be any worse than this thread.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Crabtree posted:

And now Luck actually changes the quality of loot you find, at least in theory now. High luck and intelligence still seem to be the best options to build towards.

Its bethesda making the fallout again, intelligence wont be needed.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Psychotic Weasel posted:

As a non reddit user I cannot comprehend how it could possibly be any worse than this thread.

You say that now. Go spend ten minutes on reddit and you'll realize this thread is quality by comparison. The Internet makes me sad... :shepicide:

My current hope is that luck will not be a dump stat. I enjoyed luck in the previous games, NV "icecream" password joke still makes me chuckle.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Crabtree posted:

That seems to be the build I'm gravitating towards as well. Also, curses to whoever got my hopes up by saying Bethesda still had Pip Boy editions for the PC on their website. :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tenzarin posted:

Its bethesda making the fallout again, intelligence wont be needed.

Intelligence is needed for better customization item perks. And with the extra experience gained by Intelligence and apparently being able to get straight SPECIAL points by leveling, the higher intelligence pays for itself in making your death god of the wastes up to its all 10 in everything position.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 21, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The 10 Luck + Jinxed trait were good fun in the first two games, though it did get tiresome after a while.

I don't know if there is even still a Jinxed option since traits are gone and that wouldn't really make a good perk. All we've seen so far suggests that the SPECIAL system has undergone a major overhaul so we'll have to wait and see how it works out.

Lol if you ever got tired of people exploding when they tried shooting you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll do the same thing I do on all stat based games that come out for the PC, look for the save editor that'll be out in the first week to be running rough shot with 10s in all categories.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

I'll do the same thing I do on all stat based games that come out for the PC, look for the save editor that'll be out in the first week to be running rough shot with 10s in all categories.

If you are downloading a save editor for a Bethesda Fallout game, you are 100% being duped into ram-jamming tons of viruses into your PC.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I know right? :v:

For example, one person said that OBVIOUSLY you play as your character's son because why else would T-How say that the baby's looks are based on how you make your character (just completely ignore that the guy/girl that escapes the vault looks exactly like the character you created)

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Psychotic Weasel posted:

If you think this thread is bad, try visiting the official forum.
Whenever I feel I'm getting too hyped about the game, I read a few threads there, and suddenly everything Fallouty makes me puke,

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Boy I can't wait for the hackneyed storytelling involving your spouse and child.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Your child is the MASTER.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Magmarashi posted:

If you are downloading a save editor for a Bethesda Fallout game, you are 100% being duped into ram-jamming tons of viruses into your PC.

Seriously just use console commands to raise everything to 10. It takes like thirty seconds, plus you can do it when other people are around and claim you are "hacking the game".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope hardcore mode is back.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Tenzarin posted:

I hope hardcore mode is back.

I think one of the SPECIAL videos (Endurance, maybe?) strongly hinted at that. I think it would fit pretty well with the city building stuff. Works with GET FOOD, too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Crabtree posted:

Intelligence is needed for better customization item perks. And with the extra experience gained by Intelligence and apparently being able to get straight SPECIAL points by leveling, the higher intelligence pays for itself in making your death god of the wastes up to its all 10 in everything position.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

So only 6 int will be needed and 6 luck. Looks like charisma will be a pet combat stat that could or could not be useful. I'm guessing the game will be unlimited and they will throw lvls at you so you can max all your special stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

So only 6 int will be needed and 6 luck. Looks like charisma will be a pet combat stat that could or could not be useful. I'm guessing the game will be unlimited and they will throw lvls at you so you can max all your special stats.

At a certain point the XP needed to level up would become somewhat difficult to get I imagine. They have said you can keep levelling though.

• Locked thread