Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cyberia posted:

edit: apparently these are #rawtacos

So, hand-salads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Look up vegan tacos on Tumblr. It makes me incredibly sad.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

cyberia posted:

That's actually a photoshoot from Vice Magazine :ssh:

those look good dude. are you one of those goons who eats only red meat and cheese or something?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
They can look good, but they're not tacos.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Write your congressman.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

You're like halfway to Texas Caviar at that point, why not just add the beans, Italian dressing, and hot sauce? Fuckin' scrubs.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dodecalypse posted:

those look good dude. are you one of those goons who eats only red meat and cheese or something?

I actually don't eat red meat or cheese but those are not tacos, they're salads :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they remind me of going to a korean barbecue where they give you big leaves of lettuce so you can put your meat and veg and stuff in it and eat it like a taco

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

cyberia posted:

I actually don't eat red meat or cheese but those are not tacos, they're salads :colbert:

there are no taco rules

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Alaois posted:

they remind me of going to a korean barbecue where they give you big leaves of lettuce so you can put your meat and veg and stuff in it and eat it like a taco

ssam owns

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

cyberia posted:

Tacos, Flanders style!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dodecalypse posted:

there are no taco rules

But all your examples have a shell made of wheat or corn flour which leads me to believe that there is one taco rule: the shell must be some type of dough or flatbread, not a goddamned lettuce leaf.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

VendaGoat posted:

Foam is not a food. It can be on my beer, used to shave with or to put out a fire, But it is never to be considered a food.

Tiggum, can you weigh in here and let us know exactly how to classify food foam?

Regarding eating nuisance animals, I've had Groundhog jerky before, and it was actually quite good.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

You leave Choco Tacos out of this whole mess, fucker :mad:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're fast food workers who are trained to do things a certain way and probably know better than to trust that the customer knows what they're talking about without specifying. Fast food customers are idiots and will complain about anything that's even a little bit off from what they were expecting. You might know what an Italian is but I bet there's some crazy rear end in a top hat who KNOWS that Italian subs have turkey and bacon

It's like the people who put bacon in a Caesar salad. I love bacon as much as the next person, but it is not a necessary ingredient in a classic Caesar salad.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ozz81 posted:

I would say that desserts are so free form, there really isn't any true classification.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Ozz81 posted:

Hey, we all know what cheap, off brand Choco Tacos lead to:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh gently caress :gonk:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tribbledirigible posted:

Looks bad Todd.

I would literally send that back.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah I'd eat this a time or twelve

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Devonaut posted:

Tacos, Flanders style!

I don't WANT any damned vegetables

Dodecalypse posted:

there are no taco rules

There's something about the meat that is so glistening and moist, it makes me really uncomfortable, like I am being watched but can't see anyone

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

tribbledirigible posted:

Deconstructed* Choco Taco

*deconstructed in the pastry chef's GI tract

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cyberia posted:

That's actually a photoshoot from Vice Magazine :ssh:

Of course they're fake. Using a urinal to rinse off your pasta still fits the thread though!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I do like the idea of having access to a kitchen capable of cooking pasta, but the nearest source of water being a public urinal

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Don't rinse off your pasta with anything.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Foam is not a food. It can be on my beer, used to shave with or to put out a fire, But it is never to be considered a food.

Angel food cake is literally a baked egg foam.

Also, tacos drat well do have rules. If it's in a tortilla that's not completely wrapped around the filling, then it's a taco. If the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling, then it's a burrito. If it's not a tortilla, then it's a sandwich.

As for the contents, on the other hand, go hog wild.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cash crab posted:

There's something about the meat that is so glistening and moist, it makes me really uncomfortable, like I am being watched but can't see anyone

I made the mistake of eating some Ukrainian military rations for research purposes. I'll see if I can dig out the pictures later, but they included a can of some kind of ground meat that was unusually pink (after being cooked) and seemed to be 25% grease. I could only stomach two bites before tossing it out.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

No.

I try not to take a hard line, but this is just wrong. If we leave that cake sitting for more than 3 minutes it will not return to a liquid state. And the first one of you fuckers to bring up mousse I will drown in a vat of meringue. Capish?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

rndmnmbr posted:

Also, tacos drat well do have rules. If it's in a tortilla that's not completely wrapped around the filling, then it's a taco. If the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling, then it's a burrito. If it's not a tortilla, then it's a sandwich.

As for the contents, on the other hand, go hog wild.

I think that both tacos and burritos are sandwiches, but tamales are cakes. If a sandwich is cooked as one piece, it's a cake. For similar reasons, I think that a shooter's sandwich is also a variety of cake.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

I try not to take a hard line, but this is just wrong. If we leave that cake sitting for more than 3 minutes it will not return to a liquid state. And the first one of you fuckers to bring up mousse I will drown in a vat of meringue. Capish?

I will create an edible bubble bath. Just for you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I suppose all this categorization and labeling is toward the end goal of simplifying the language, Newspeak style, reducing the number of confusing individual terms for dishes so that we should never speak of borscht when we could say "beet stew", or a turnover when we could say "apple sandwich in flaky pastry"?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

I will create an edible bubble bath. Just for you.

No rules

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I'm confused, if both bread and pastry are "cake" and a "sandwich" is food in bread but a "pie" is food in pastry, then aren't both of those latter categories essentially food in cake? I think we can simplify further.

GnuUzir
Oct 16, 2009

That is not even close to full.

One quarter full, if that.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

stereobreadsticks posted:

I'm confused, if both bread and pastry are "cake" and a "sandwich" is food in bread but a "pie" is food in pastry, then aren't both of those latter categories essentially food in cake? I think we can simplify further.

A pie is cooked as a singular assemblage, rather than being assembled before eating. That is the fundamental difference between a cake and a sandwich. Thus, a pie is a cake, but a trifle is a sandwich.

Wait, is a trifle a stew? Help!

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

Imagine the noise he's making.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Are you also imagining Professer Frink?

In the bathtub with the pudding and the moisture and the M'HAYVEN!

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Are you also imagining Professer Frink?

In the bathtub with the pudding and the moisture and the M'HAYVEN!

Pretty much exactly what I imagined, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Well, now we know why Renly lost the war.

Also, would a guy in the middle of Cheetos be classified as a sandwich?

• Locked thread