Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing they had to fix it up and there's effort there. Just that it's like the only new asset they're gonna need for AU Diego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

if Bruno really is an NPC they still haven't revealed Diavolo

There's no way they'd put the 11 gunmen in without it being some awesome mini game.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Heaven DIO reminds me of a stand more than a person:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

I'm really not looking forward to hearing Koyasu voicing five characters the same way.
Personally, I am extremely excited to hear the beautiful voice of Koyasu times five.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hope he voices Diego for reals when the anime comes out in 2035

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would like for him to at least use a more innocent and friendly sounding tone for Dino Diego even though he is still an antagonist at heart.

I'd like them to not go with full high DIO for Heaven DIO too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't see why Koyasu has to voice Diego. I mean, yeah, he's alternate Dio, but Johnny is alternate Johnathan, and he gets to have a different voice actor and be treated as a different person. I can see it for Diego From Another World, but it's kinda disappointing that normal Diego isn't seen as his own person.

Also I was kinda hoping for Nobuyuki Hiyama as Diego.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Koyasu is bad as Diego, they should've casted someone else. He's a perfect Dio, but that's a character that plays to his strengths incredibly well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't see why Koyasu has to voice Diego. I mean, yeah, he's alternate Dio, but Johnny is alternate Johnathan, and he gets to have a different voice actor and be treated as a different person. I can see it for Diego From Another World, but it's kinda disappointing that normal Diego isn't seen as his own person.

Also I was kinda hoping for Nobuyuki Hiyama as Diego.

It's subjective, obviously, but I think Koyasu fits the image of DIO as a whole so perfectly that he's quite hard to separate from DIO at this point in time and even though Diego is entirely a different person to DIO, he's at least identifiably DIO visibly and somewhat similar to him personality wise if he were much less extreme. Diego from another world is a lot more DIO than Diego is for sure, but he's still pretty different but as a whole the Koyasu voice just fits DIO extremely well.

Johnny is basically Jonathan's counterpart in name only, he's not even remotely similar and Jonathan's voice feels too heroic and noble for Johnny, so it makes a lot more sense to me to have a separation there. Like you wouldn't give JoJolion's Josuke anything to do with DiU's (and the story shows why) but with how similar Josefumi seems on the face of it, you might consider it there.

e: Like Diego is kind of like "What if Dio was much less of a bastard but brought up well by his mother and had his own greater enemy to fight against in Valentine instead of being the main enemy". Johnny is just "What if Johnathan wasn't Johnathan at all".

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 21, 2015

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter came out and it's an extra spooky Halloween edition.
But the real scare is that the series is going on break now

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
New chapter of Jojolion was translated, and it's loving nuts

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Now there's some classic Jojo-style weird body horror poo poo. It's been a while!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That was gnarly.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what the almighty gently caress just happened

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I was so hyped for Nut King Cole, I forgot Joshuu is worthless. What a jobber.

e. I am bad with names.

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

I was so hyped for Nut King Cole, I forgot Jobin is worthless. What a jobber.
Pretty sure you mean Joshuu since his older brother Jobin has been aces so far.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga): what the almighty gently caress just happened

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
jesus christ

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Seeing Joshuu get melted down the drain and fail to save himself with Nut King Call was super hosed, but the way it just suddenly escalated and how slowly it was presented was funny to me. Also Damo on Josefumi's passport was a really good ....what the gently caress moment.

I still don't know what's going on in JoJolion.

e: Still crossing my fingers we get to see Hato's Stand this arc.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
drat that's some body horror poo poo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Never thought I'd feel bad for Joshuu of all people but here we are.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
he's going where he belongs

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm proud to have contributed to the name of the thread

Bad Seafood posted:

Never thought I'd feel bad for Joshuu of all people but here we are.

i mean, he's kind of a dick, but in the grand scheme of things he's just a snotty kid more or less. this poo poo is just horrifying.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This is making me think of the french comic XIII, which spent years and years teasing about the true history of the amnesic mainc haracter, with every answer only adding more questions. At the end he'd been like 15 different people in his life.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Title is very appropriate.

how the gently caress is that loving guy Josefumi?? Karera has got some 'splaining to do.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its been too long, wtf does Joshuu's stand even do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it can place a nut + bolt connection on something, that when unscrewed will make it fall apart at that point

so basically the last thing he needs in that situation

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Moltrey posted:

Seeing Joshuu get melted down the drain and fail to save himself with Nut King Call was super hosed, but the way it just suddenly escalated and how slowly it was presented was funny to me.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who laughed at that. It was horrifying but also hilarious to me to see Joshuu with his head in the sink, going "aw man..." as he looks at his hosed-up hands. Definitely something to do with the pace and the tone (at least of this translation).

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Jojolion was just starting to make sense.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is making me think of the french comic XIII, which spent years and years teasing about the true history of the amnesic mainc haracter, with every answer only adding more questions. At the end he'd been like 15 different people in his life.

That was a comic? I remember the game being ultra dope.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

That made me physically ill

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Isn't Daiya blind? How was she able to read the fax?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Isn't Daiya blind? How was she able to read the fax?

She couldn't make it out, I don't think she's completely blind but she's very near-sighted. If I'm remembering right.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you don't have to be 100% unable to see to qualify as legally blind

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That was a comic? I remember the game being ultra dope.

Very long running comic. I think there was also a novel at some point?

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
That was...certainly the work of an enemy stand

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

.The enemy stand is loving poo poo up and I'm going to need the man we all knw can handle this and let him handle him jojo are the words behind me

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Hey guys, how about that new...JoJolion....

:suspense:

But no, really, holy poo poo.

I do agree that the buildup was soooo funny, Hato introducing her ugly and neck-less boyfriend to everyone was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Wild Horses posted:

New chapter of Jojolion was translated, and she's loving nuts

I'll say, Hato has pretty bad taste in men :v: