Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
People aren't kidding when they say that ONE is a fantastically skilled individual. His art still has a long way to go before it's even close to Murata's, but it's pretty clear when you're reading the two that everything else (character design, panel composition, etc.) is all him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
ONE has a far better grasp on panel composition than most US comics artists. Murata is incredibly good at anatomy and details, but he still uses ONE's panel layouts because they're very well done.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Please read mob 100, everyone.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Aurain posted:

I've worked with people with it in the past and this is essentially bang on the money. It's not a universal truth, but the way I see it is if there's something missing that's essentially taken for granted, it takes people who don't have that to recognise its true value.

As someone who's struggled with it for the better part of three decades, it's pretty apt. Making other people laugh and smile can make you feel better, because it makes you feel like you have some value.

Also, man, that Saitama, what will he punch once next right!?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

As someone who's struggled with it for the better part of three decades, it's pretty apt. Making other people laugh and smile can make you feel better, because it makes you feel like you have some value.

Also, man, that Saitama, what will he punch once next right!?

Based on the pace of the anime, a ninja's balls.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Not gonna lie, I put this in my workout playlist and ended up just running to it on loop.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
the ultimate threat to saiatama will be saiatama and he will have to PUNCH HIMSELF!!

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

the ultimate threat to saiatama will be saiatama and he will have to PUNCH HIMSELF!!

I wonder what would happen if saitama punched himself in the stomach or flung his heel up into his butt cheek really hard?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jaweeeblop posted:

I wonder what would happen if saitama punched himself in the stomach or flung his heel up into his butt cheek really hard?

We already saw him being unscathed after smacking his own head while trying to whack the pesky mosquito in Chapter 5 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Ch-005-Read-Online?id=146405#6

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

We already saw him being unscathed after smacking his own head while trying to whack the pesky mosquito in Chapter 5 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Ch-005-Read-Online?id=146405#6

I just watched episode 2 of the anime, as soon as I saw that I thought to myself something along the lines of "...oh"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Unstoppable force meets immovable object

As an aside I thought it was really cool how they showed little shockwaves whenever Saitama clapped to try and catch the mosquito.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Does it hurt very much when you try to punch yourself?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bongo Bill posted:

Does it hurt very much when you try to punch yourself?

Do you literally tear the atmosphere asunder when you punch someone else?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keep in mind Saitama has a ridiculously tough body as well.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, he doesn't so much have super-strong punches as he is just super-strong and uses punches.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's more like he surpassed humanity. He technically has super speed, ressilance, atheltism, etc. When it comes to anything physical, he exceeds all limits.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hellsau posted:

ONE has a far better grasp on panel composition than most US comics artists. Murata is incredibly good at anatomy and details, but he still uses ONE's panel layouts because they're very well done.

He really does.

I mean, ONE's technical art skill is pretty bottom-rung, but his storyboarding is straight-up masterful and that's where it matters the most. If you do a good enough job the audience's imagination will fill in the rest of the details; it's Murata's job to take ONE's uncut gems and carve out the diamonds hiding underneath.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the first episode. It reminds me of Big Man Japan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitoshi Matsumoto could probably make some amazing OPM segments.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Parrotine posted:

He really does.

I mean, ONE's technical art skill is pretty bottom-rung, but his storyboarding is straight-up masterful and that's where it matters the most. If you do a good enough job the audience's imagination will fill in the rest of the details; it's Murata's job to take ONE's uncut gems and carve out the diamonds hiding underneath.

He's progressively improved on the technical quality of his art over the course of Mob Psycho 100 I think.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Crain posted:

Not gonna lie, I put this in my workout playlist and ended up just running to it on loop.

I wanna be a saikyo hero.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RareAcumen posted:

Tatsumaki was just below frame the entire time!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

ANGEL * RUSH

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

:perfect:

Pri-Pri-Prisoner is the best :stonklol: character.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

He definitely had the best intro with the 'Smelly Lid' prison chapters, I laughed so hard at that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The dick punch is even better in animated form.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dick punch was great, but this is infinitely better than the anime's version, though it's not surprising.

He's finally got the hoodie on by the end though. :allears:

e:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 25, 2015

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Sonic's rear end looked as great as ever

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

He reminds me a lot of shore leave on the venture brothers where they are actually endearing despite being stereotype characters on the surface.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sonic's obviously got solid brass ones if they didn't burst there.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
His face :lol:

Bernardo Orel posted:

Sonic's rear end looked as great as ever

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 25, 2015

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Weird, my subtitles aren't showing up. Just blank black bars.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I had completely forgotten about the two guys that beat up Hammerhead at the end.

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 25, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Sonic's obviously got solid brass ones if they didn't burst there.

Saitama didn't punch him, just put his hand up and let him run into them. So it'd be like those videos of guys trying to vault over a post and smacking themselves instead.

Except at superspeed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Saitama didn't punch him, just put his hand up and let him run into them. So it'd be like those videos of guys trying to vault over a post and smacking themselves instead.

Except at superspeed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the wildest rear end posted:

I had completely forgotten about the two guys that beat up Hammerhead at the end.

Did that happen in the original ONE version too?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yep. They're probably related to the cyborg that destroyed Genos' hometown, and possibly Metal Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

originally found by Neddy Seagoon, crossposted from PYF's cosplay thread..

Original page here: https://twitter.com/AnimeLab/status/658144595075842048