Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Being in a faction that the military likes owns. Regarding that knife mod for OWR does it change the model for the knife? I already use the knife fairly well straight out of the owr box.

Also what's the map that was duty's base in SHoC? And does CoC use the Call of Pripyat maps?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Duty's base in SoC was in the Bar, which only appeared in Shadow of Chernobyl.

And yes the Call of Pripyat maps are there.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
It was 7 or so years ago since I've even played on the map. If cordon is south and the sarcophagus is north this area was in a very western area a bit to the north.

Wasn't the bar but it was really out of the way and was a fairly large area.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 21, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NeoSeeker posted:

It was 7 or so years ago since I've even played on the map. If cordon is south and the sarcophagus is north this area was in a very western area a bit to the north.

Agroprom was Duty's base in Clear Sky.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

If there was ever a map called "Military Offices" then this was it. It had a 4 story office building.

It was close if not on the way to agro

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That four story office building is in Agroprom.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I'm a complete idiot. I totally mistook my favorite map Agroprom for my least favorite Yantar. Not to mention the past 5 posts could have been done in a private conversation. But thanks for answering my question big D.

EDIT: Nevermind, It seems I can take on more than one squad.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 21, 2015

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Are there other under barrel mounts than grenade launchers? I'd quite like a shotty one for those wish I had a shotgun out moments.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I told a guy to come with me to help rescue his pal and he has five other loners in his squad. gently caress yes.

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with Yantar? There's a horde of zombies and quite a strong psy-emission. Is that an event or is it always like that? (Never played SoC/CS)

rejutka posted:

Are there other under barrel mounts than grenade launchers? I'd quite like a shotty one for those wish I had a shotgun out moments.

Nope. :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Azran posted:

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with Yantar? There's a horde of zombies and quite a strong psy-emission. Is that an event or is it always like that? (Never played SoC/CS)

X-16 and the Miracle Machine are there. You can talk to the Ecologist merchant Sakharov for more details.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Azran posted:

I told a guy to come with me to help rescue his pal and he has five other loners in his squad. gently caress yes.

Nope. :(

Pay Sakharov 17000 rubles for a psi-helmet, and clear out that factory area north of the mobile lab, then go underground and disable the experimental psi-emitter, hit all 3 switches on the way up

e: also i think my earlier request got lost, but I can't seem to get the faction war mechanics to actually work, or initialize, or anything. Is there a separate download I missed?

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 22, 2015

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
Have been playing CoC w/ DDraig's mod and I've been getting a CTD at various times with an unhandled exception error popping up on the desktop. I've got the log and looked in it and it says: [error][ 8] : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Any insights? I'm suspecting this is a problem with my potato but then again I remember at least for Clear Sky and/or SHoC that there was a program I could run that would allow the game to utilize more gigs of RAM. Would that help here?

For reference, my log (xray_db): http://pastebin.com/Mgmu3HBy

EDIT: This appears to be that patch I'm talking about http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete/downloads/stalker-cop-3gb-ram

EDIT: Put it on both of them but it seems to have no effect for better or worse

VStraken fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 22, 2015

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
How much trouble would it be to get Pseudodoggles implemented in CoC? The lack of protective canine eyewear is seriously breaking my immersion.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Robot Randy posted:

How much trouble would it be to get Pseudodoggles implemented in CoC? The lack of protective canine eyewear is seriously breaking my immersion.

Your wish is my command

https://mega.nz/#!kscDUbgb!MJMB9dQTeypmWSWzjGa4SHRDllxGpfp4PUqvzmlkQ9U

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
I still am having trouble implementing the faction wars stuff, I downloaded it, copied over all the files and I'm not noticing anything in game, no PDA changes, nothing. The only thing I've found is Sid's gone missing.

edit: This is from a clean install of CoC in its' own folder, Ddraig's 2.1 mod, Alife debalancer, OWR3, and Faction Wars, in that order.

edit2: found the Alife simulation button in the options, if that's it I'm gonna kick myself

edit3: still not it. unless its working and there is no visual indicator? I'm really confused :(

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 22, 2015

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I think I figured out the ideal weapon loadout: AKS-74U and AN-94. Fully upgraded, the Krinkov is very light with a 45 round magazine, blistering rate of fire, and as good as zero recoil. Tears everything up at short range. The Abakan develops into a more than decent marksman rifle and can mount the PSO variant that highlights mutants and other stalkers for you. Best of all, both of them feed cheap, lightweight, plentiful 5.45x39.5. It's really great, considering they're both pretty low-end weapons.

The main weakness is neither of them accepts a silencer, but you can't have everything.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

EvanSchenck posted:

I think I figured out the ideal weapon loadout: AKS-74U and AN-94. Fully upgraded, the Krinkov is very light with a 45 round magazine, blistering rate of fire, and as good as zero recoil. Tears everything up at short range. The Abakan develops into a more than decent marksman rifle and can mount the PSO variant that highlights mutants and other stalkers for you. Best of all, both of them feed cheap, lightweight, plentiful 5.45x39.5. It's really great, considering they're both pretty low-end weapons.

The main weakness is neither of them accepts a silencer, but you can't have everything.

For the love of god take the scope off if you're gonna mod the an94, it defaults it to the boring stock 5x scope if its equipped during an upgrade and 11000 rubles down the drain and god I was pissed :argh:

Also the tactical helmet's infrared upgrade doesn't work either. Thanks, Forester.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my mod lives on at last!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And that explains your avatar at last haha

Anyways, is there any particular "tier list" with regards to weapons? I played CoP with AO3 so I have no idea about the vanilla weapons besides the MP5, the Chaser 3/sawn off, the Krinkov and the Makarov being the first weapon on each category.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Any weapon mod worth its salt does away with tiers. In vanilla, NATO weapons are better than Soviet in general, with stuff like the USP and Deagle being the best pistols, and the SIG and G36 being the best assault rifles. Really, though, with upgrades any weapon is viable, go with what looks the coolest to you.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Azran posted:

Ah, alright, gonna try it out.

This owns, it's like having one of those long-rear end bayonet knives from WW1. There's one that doesn't need OWR3 (I'm waiting for AO3 to satisfy my weapon needs :v:) in case you don't have it installed.

Gewehr 98 sawback bayonet model replacement needed.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

Any weapon mod worth its salt does away with tiers. In vanilla, NATO weapons are better than Soviet in general, with stuff like the USP and Deagle being the best pistols, and the SIG and G36 being the best assault rifles. Really, though, with upgrades any weapon is viable, go with what looks the coolest to you.

Nice! Yeah, I have a maxed out M4. The very first fight as a Merc net me a Protecta and a Deagle :v:
I'm kinda waiting for AO3, E.nigma mentioned the end of November as a possible release date.

That'd own so much (along with full gloves).

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

I don't know if this applies to CoC, but in STALKER the NATO ammo tends to be a lot more difficult to get in good quantities, especially if you're buying more ammo than you're looting. Point being, don't go putting money into NATO rifles until you're either rich or have a good stockpile of 5.56mm.

I'm personally grinding away at SoC with OL mod until Faction Wars is fully implemented for CoC. As a gameplay mod, it's still pretty barebones and I quickly burnt myself out on it restarting with all the successive updates that the insanely productive modding community were pushing out right after the release. Part of this may be due to having 320/64/348 hours logged in CoP/CS/SoC respectively. :stare:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
True, but once you start fighting Monolith, you'll never want for NATO ammo.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I bought the helmet that allows you to go into X-16 so you can go further on and take on the Brain Scorcher, but it doesn't seem to be calibrated correctly. Every time I go near the area where X-16 is, it gives me the warning that there is a heavy psy emission going on, and I need to leave. Oh and my health drops through the floor.

Wasn't there supposed to be a dude someplace you need to talk to about getting the right settings for the helmet so you can survive the psy emissions at X-16?

Edit: Also, where do I go to get the 3rd tier of armour/weapon upgrades? I've done 2 missions for the guy at The Bar so he can do upgrades for me, but there isn't a mission for the third tier.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 22, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Here's my latest Merc run and the untimely end of it due to boredom:

First of all, I found out some squad leaders have really big squads.

I was in The Wild Territory as a Merc, on the way to The Garbage, with a 6-man Loner squad looking for their missing friend. (As an aside: Mercs are hostile to Freedom, yet Freedom wasn't hostile towards me, only towards my partners.)

On the Garbage, we got caught in a 4-way fight between us, the bandits, a Duty squad and some Bloodsuckers and Snorks. End result: we rescued their friend and we only lost two guys. :toot: So on the way back to the Duty base, I remember Duty is hostile towards me. My loners start shooting at the Duty guards, and as soon as one of the loners is killed, EVERY LONER IN THE BASE becomes hostile towards Duty. This clusterfucks becomes deadly for me when the base announcer guy says "ENEMY IN OUR PERIMETER, REPEL THEM" or some such - now the loners are also hostile towards me, out of nowhere. My PDA identifies 40 Stalkers, so I decide to book it to the Bar (by mistake - I got lost).

That's when I found out Stalkers don't deal well with corners.

I made 50k out of all the weapons and ammo. Duty and Loners would come to try and steal off the dead bodies, and I'd shoot them. I eventually murdered the entire Duty base, and the Loners (who were neutral again) took it and placed their trader (who only had a piece of bread to sell. Zone.txt)
I go back to the Dead City and realized I've never been to Limansk, so I took a 6-man squad and headed there.

:stare: Monolith soldiers everywhere. My guys do an amazing job and basically solo their way through the level, but by the entrance to the abandoned hospital, it's just me and the original squad leader. The hospital was completely devoid of enemies, and I decided to go see what was on the other side.

WELP, CHERNOBYL NPP, POWERFUL PSI-EMISION. Deciding I didn't really want to backtrack all my way through the hospital AND Limansk I decided to call it quits and do some other run :v: Still, pretty fun! Limansk felt like the final level you'd see on a shooter, just full of enemies and a constantly changing landscape as you advance.

Azran fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 22, 2015

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
One of the few upsides to not having much time to play vidya games any more is it's really hard to burn myself out. If I was binging STALKER like I used to if probably see everything CoC has to offer in a few days, but at this rate it'll easily tide me over until some cool stuff starts coming out.

Yesterday I decided to head to Limansk, seeing as I've never been there before as I never got around to finishing Clear Sky. I got as far as the Dead City before getting pinned down in an old high-rise by a squad of Mercs. I managed to take out the guys who rushed the building, but I had to wait until a fog bank rolled in before I could escape without getting sniped.

Food and ammo supplies were too low to push on to Limansk, so I snuck back to Army Warehouses to restock. On the way back to the Freedom base I got chased off the road and into some heavy radiation by a pack of Bloodsuckers.

I'd had to drop everything but vodka and bandages to carry all the Merc loot, so I had to high-tail it back to the Freedom base, drunk to the point of collapse, carrying 50lbs of empty guns through a fog bank, praying nothing else decided to eat or shoot me on the way.

Going to make another attempt tonight.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

The Dark Project posted:

I bought the helmet that allows you to go into X-16 so you can go further on and take on the Brain Scorcher, but it doesn't seem to be calibrated correctly. Every time I go near the area where X-16 is, it gives me the warning that there is a heavy psy emission going on, and I need to leave. Oh and my health drops through the floor.

Wasn't there supposed to be a dude someplace you need to talk to about getting the right settings for the helmet so you can survive the psy emissions at X-16?

Edit: Also, where do I go to get the 3rd tier of armour/weapon upgrades? I've done 2 missions for the guy at The Bar so he can do upgrades for me, but there isn't a mission for the third tier.

Did you pay 17K for the psi helmet and wait a few days or did you buy the uncalibrated prototype?

3rd tier of weapon upgrades are done by the Forester in the north end of the Red Forest map (NOT the radar/brain scorcher map). Hope you got many a :10bux: with you, he's really expensive. We're talkin 150K, easy if you want to trick out all your gear and have any decent cash left over.

Also I still think I did something wrong with the Faction Wars installation, does anyone know what I might have done wrong? :smith:

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

EvanSchenck posted:

The AN-94 is great, but I prefer a Protecta or the unique SPAS from Nimble as secondary for mutant-killing shotgun goodness.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

Minarchist posted:

Did you pay 17K for the psi helmet and wait a few days or did you buy the uncalibrated prototype?

3rd tier of weapon upgrades are done by the Forester in the north end of the Red Forest map (NOT the radar/brain scorcher map). Hope you got many a :10bux: with you, he's really expensive. We're talkin 150K, easy if you want to trick out all your gear and have any decent cash left over.

Also I still think I did something wrong with the Faction Wars installation, does anyone know what I might have done wrong? :smith:

Yep, I paid the 17k for the correct one and waited for it to be delivered.. Won't let me wear it at all, it just sits in my inventory. I have no idea how it is supposed to be properly used. *edit* Nevermind, it seems to be working now.

Thanks for the heads up on the third tier stuff, was wondering where I might find someone to do it.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 22, 2015

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

The Dark Project posted:

Yep, I paid the 17k for the correct one and waited for it to be delivered.. Won't let me wear it at all, it just sits in my inventory. I have no idea how it is supposed to be properly used.

Thanks for the heads up on the third tier stuff, was wondering where I might find someone to do it.

You can't equip it, it should work as long as it's in your inventory.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Das Butterbrot posted:

The AN-94 is great, but I prefer a Protecta or the unique SPAS from Nimble as secondary for mutant-killing shotgun goodness.

The AN94's 2 round burst is probably my favorite thing, since if you spam it it fires faster and with less recoil than just going full automatic. A triple tap (6 rounds, <1 second) into anything up to a bloodsucker will drop it quick. Exosuits, Chimeras and Pseudogiants take a bit more effort to calm down, obviously. As far as shotguns, I don't know if it's OWR3 but the shotguns seem almost TOO accurate, might as well be using a big, low capacity rifle even with buckshot.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Dunno bout in CoC but back in the day a Saiga-12 with slug ammo used to murder the toughest mutants right quick.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I've been using the G36 and holy cow, I've never noticed rifles actually knocking guys off their feet before. Some of them ragdoll pretty spectacularly. It hit one bandit so hard he glitched into a stretched out piece of modern art.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

TBH, I can't really find any negatives about the Abakan except for no suppressor capability. It's super accurate and reliable, uses common FMJ anmo, AP is fairly easy to find and has the zipzipzip fire mode that goes a long way for making up for low hitting power. Also looks baller as gently caress.

Also, I made the USP firing sound the USP from Metal Gear Solid 2. I feel so stealth except for I always manage to alert everyone anyhow.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Minarchist posted:

There's no pop up that anything is new. If Sid is gone in your game that means that the mod is working, as unfortunately his scripts are incompatible with faction controlled smart terrains for some reason, and if he's still present then the Rookie village is unconquerable.

e: Actually, he might be located just outside of it. If you want Sid back delete stalker_2_12 or whatever .ltx out of configs/scripts/escape.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 22, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It was before 1.2.22 and coc faction wars but the last time I made it to Sid as a Monolith he was neutral and willing to trade and give me jobs.
And after I tried killing him only to find he was immortal I sold him all the junk from the dead non-believers intruding in the zone just outside the bunker.

Sid is the real Heart of the Zone that deserves our praise and devotion. :jihad:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Fish Fry Andy posted:

There's no pop up that anything is new. If Sid is gone in your game that means that the mod is working, as unfortunately his scripts are incompatible with faction controlled smart terrains for some reason, and if he's still present then the Rookie village is unconquerable.

e: Actually, he might be located just outside of it. If you want Sid back delete stalker_2_12 or whatever .ltx out of configs/scripts/escape.

Thank you! :buddy:

MariusLecter posted:

Sid is the real Heart of the Zone that deserves our praise and devotion. :jihad:

Hide out in his bunker during an Atmosfear style emission and zoom in on his head with a scope/binoculars, it's the goofiest drat thing :v:

Saint Sputnik posted:

I've been using the G36 and holy cow, I've never noticed rifles actually knocking guys off their feet before. Some of them ragdoll pretty spectacularly. It hit one bandit so hard he glitched into a stretched out piece of modern art.

The delay from impact to "knocked flat on his rear end" is just enough to bug me. I wish it was timed better.

Missing Name posted:

TBH, I can't really find any negatives about the Abakan except for no suppressor capability. It's super accurate and reliable, uses common FMJ anmo, AP is fairly easy to find and has the zipzipzip fire mode that goes a long way for making up for low hitting power. Also looks baller as gently caress.

:agreed:

You can carry around so much 5.45 and find it anywhere. Who cares if you have to dump 4 mags during some clusterfucked 3 way firefight with bandits and mercs with a horde of boars jumping into the middle of the party? You'll loot half of it back and still have hundreds more rounds to make it back to wherever your main stash is.

I carry around at least 150 5.45 if I'm just exploring or doing a loot run, if I'm going somewhere exciting I bring 600+ and use it liberally. Wasting cheap ammo is fun!

Azran posted:

WELP, CHERNOBYL NPP, POWERFUL PSI-EMISION. Deciding I didn't really want to backtrack all my way through the hospital AND Limansk I decided to call it quits and do some other run :v: Still, pretty fun! Limansk felt like the final level you'd see on a shooter, just full of enemies and a constantly changing landscape as you advance.

Did you disable the Brain Scorcher? Pretty sure the NPP is locked off if you're not Monolith and the Kaymanov emitters at the Radar station are still spewing out psi-waves.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 22, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So, I've played some SoC but not really gone far in CoP and I just installed that and Misery.

Now, I'm not really sure what the hell is going on but I kinda like it.. I just don't really know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.
Should I keep going or just go back to vanilla first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Which maps does the Brain Scorcher cover? Obviously CNPP and Radar, but are there others?