Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'd also like to thank Fatshark for making the loading times not insane anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Inzombiac posted:

I'd also like to thank Fatshark for making the loading times not insane anymore.

i upped all my poo poo to extreme, its so pretty :D

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Al Borland posted:

Can't decide who is a bigger dick the elf or saltzpyre
They both are dicks respectively. The elf to Kruber for some ungodly unknown reason.

the elf, no question

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Saltzpyre spends his days hunting down demon worshipping madmen. The elf is an elf.

Obviously the elf is the bigger dick.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
So I took a dive into this and despite never being a L4D fan Vermintide is hitting the right spots for me. Weapons have a good sense of impact to them and feel powerful, ratmans are easily more interesting than zombies with how they scurry and crawl around the levels to reach you.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
The elf is a jerk to kruber because kruber kisses the boots of The Man instead of being an emo hippy like her

I cannot respect a creature that insults a well designed sewer system. The mark of a civilizations advancement is how well they can get their own poo poo away from themselves.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What is the Warhammer god of RNG? I need to thank him/her/it for finally giving me a be staff and turning my basic fire attack into a flaming shotgun blast of awesome.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What is the Warhammer god of RNG? I need to thank him/her/it for finally giving me a be staff and turning my basic fire attack into a flaming shotgun blast of awesome.

Nuffle.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

His initials are N.F.L, and his patrons play Bloodbowl. Everyone else just calls him Nuffle.

EDIT: gently caress

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hail Nuffle and his fickle throne for these gifts of shotgun fire staffs and 90% poison gas damage reduction trinkets.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The AMA that people posted earlier was pretty encouraging. Fatshark have tons of post-release plans and are totally aware of the community's complaints. Some good quotes:
"We are planing on dedicated servers and will evaluate how to work with host migration. Right now we migrate and restart the level."
No microtransactions planned, from the CEO. The CEO is also a WHFB nerd with 4 armies.
Versus mode is on the table, but would take a lot of time and work, so it is not a current goal.
Optimization is their #1 priority at the moment
Loot system is still subject to tweaks as people continue to play.
Some form of daily quest is a likely addition soon; they want to avoid people grinding the same level out. More weapons for the classes are another immediate goal.
New mechanics to use extra items, especially extra exotics. First free DLC should cover this and other endgame concerns.
Strong hints that both new skaven types and Chaos-themed enemies are in the works.
Xbox One/PS4 release planned for Q1 2016.
They plan on following the Payday model for new maps- only the host requires the DLC. New characters are coming too, but not right away.
New modes such as survival are planned as well. They wanted to focus on the main mode for launch.
Mod support is being looked at, depends on how easy it is to implement.
New maps are likely to take place outside of Ubersreik- For example, the dwarfen hold Bardin is searching for.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Hoooly poo poo I really like the Wizard's Tower map. I really hope there's a lot more of that and Horn of Magnus than Smuggler's Run/Supply and Demand in the game.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

sarmhan posted:

No microtransactions planned, from the CEO. The CEO is also a WHFB nerd with 4 armies.

Did anyone ask him how he feels about Age of Sigmar? :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Did anyone ask him how he feels about Age of Sigmar? :v:

Yes. They dodged like a pro :v:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Only thing guaranteed to tank performance for me right now is the witch hunters pistol. If I end up right next to one while he's firing its guaranteed single digit. Disappears as soon as I turn around or look in another direction.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Is it just other people's pistols or yours too? I don't think I've seen a problem with them but I'm usually Saltzpyre.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

randombattle posted:

Is it just other people's pistols or yours too? I don't think I've seen a problem with them but I'm usually Saltzpyre.

It's just for others'. Have a Witch Hunter fire his pistols in front of your face and you're guaranteed to get sub-20 fps.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
rolled all my dice successfully and got a legendary longsword!!!! Amazing stats, except its for the loving brightwizard who doesnt use push stamina regen or bloodlust :negative:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

It's just for others'. Have a Witch Hunter fire his pistols in front of your face and you're guaranteed to get sub-20 fps.

Did you try that weird fix someone mentioned a bunch of pages back? Cap fps at 60 and turn on v-sync.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Al Borland posted:

except its for the loving brightwizard who doesnt use push

sounds like it may be time to :gitgud:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, does losing any Ward lose you the end of Wizard's Tower? Because me and a friend just made it through the very end of that level with one ward like 1 hit away from dying.

Also, my first handgun for the Soldier is a blue, from that mission. I think this'll help a lot more than the blunderbuss; I needed a good anti-armor/special for when I'm using him.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Minrad posted:

sounds like it may be time to :gitgud:
Ehh, as a bright wizard I honestly only use push when I get a red indicator from directly behind me and do a push while spinning in case there's more than the one rat. Every other time I'm in sword mode waiting to cool down I'm where every melee should be - lawnmowering everything the dwarf already knocked down.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Metos posted:

Ehh, as a bright wizard I honestly only use push when I get a red indicator from directly behind me and do a push while spinning in case there's more than the one rat. Every other time I'm in sword mode waiting to cool down I'm where every melee should be - lawnmowering everything the dwarf already knocked down.

Anything you can do to reduce the amount of damage you take is a good use of your time. The improved knockback is fantastic for pushing rats off of ledges, which makes for fast kills and buying lots of time. Blocking will save your life, pushing can save entire runs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, throwing rats off poo poo is hilarious.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Just finished a two-grimoire three-tome hard horn! What did I g-- ...

... :mad:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Al Borland posted:

rolled all my dice successfully and got a legendary longsword!!!! Amazing stats, except its for the loving brightwizard who doesnt use push stamina regen or bloodlust :negative:

That sounds like maybe the best sword you could've gotten? Although you were probably hoping for the vent thing. That's fair. I've never gotten a vent thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So tonight I bungled my way through this game for the first time and it was loving great. I would however like to learn what the hell I'm doing moreso. Right now I'm focusing on the Witch Hunter so any weapon useage tips would be appreciates. Right now I gather that the Rapier is a machine built to skewer the skulls of Stormvermin and I am very down with that. Rapid sweeps lock down Clanrats great. I suck rear end at blocking though. What kind of situations and cues should I look for to block or push?

And what are people doing with him ranged weapon wise? I gather that the pistols aren't great for special killing and are mostly for blowing away swarms while minimizing personal risk. Does the crossbow actually do enough damage to function as an effective special sniping tool?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

sarmhan posted:

The AMA that people posted earlier was pretty encouraging. Fatshark have tons of post-release plans and are totally aware of the community's complaints. Some good quotes:
"We are planing on dedicated servers and will evaluate how to work with host migration. Right now we migrate and restart the level."

Thank god, host migrations are a real buzzkill in P2P hosted games. Kinda wished that issue was higher up for developers.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

So, does losing any Ward lose you the end of Wizard's Tower? Because me and a friend just made it through the very end of that level with one ward like 1 hit away from dying.

First time I've did it on hard mode, we lost two wards and it didn't lose us the level. The loving wizard still goes "You had one job!" at you for losing one. Such an rear end in a top hat.

Captain Oblivious posted:

So tonight I bungled my way through this game for the first time and it was loving great. I would however like to learn what the hell I'm doing moreso. Right now I'm focusing on the Witch Hunter so any weapon useage tips would be appreciates. Right now I gather that the Rapier is a machine built to skewer the skulls of Stormvermin and I am very down with that. Rapid sweeps lock down Clanrats great. I suck rear end at blocking though. What kind of situations and cues should I look for to block or push?

And what are people doing with him ranged weapon wise? I gather that the pistols aren't great for special killing and are mostly for blowing away swarms while minimizing personal risk. Does the crossbow actually do enough damage to function as an effective special sniping tool?

Pushing with the rapier is mostly for when you're in danger of getting surrounded and blocking mostly as a last-second thing against Stormvermin or the Rat Ogre. The rapier allows you such a mobile fighting style with its wide swings agaisnt crowds and pinpoint stabs against specials and stormvermin tha dodging tend sto work in msot situation.

The pistol brace is kinda all-around as you can thin out swarms and put down specials with a bit of sustained fire. It's man drawback is that really laying down the hurt with it burns through ammo like crazy. The crossbow is a sniper weapon, you can one-shot Stormvermin with headshots from that thing.

Magni fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 22, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Really any time a rat draws back their weapon to swing. Blocking is quick and you can clutch save yourself some health if you're quick. If you're swarmed with rats then Push to make some space before killing them and if you're unlucky enough to be surrounded use the push to knock over some of them while you kill the others.

Also you can block a Rat Ogre punch if you're full on Stamina. It hits like a truck if you don't, so this is important. As long as everyone blocks it or dodges back from it the Rat Ogre isn't actually that much of a threat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Then I guess I didn't need to magdump my entire pistol brace into those rats to save it at the last second.

Thankfully it was the last wave and we won moments after.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Magni posted:

First time I've did it on hard mode, we lost two wards and it didn't lose us the level. The loving wizard still goes "You had one job!" at you for losing one. Such an rear end in a top hat.

Pushing with the rapier is mostly for when you're in danger of getting surrounded and blocking mostly as a last-second thing against Stormvermin or the Rat Ogre. The rapier allows you such a mobile fighting style with its wide swings agaisnt crowds and pinpoint stabs against specials and stormvermin tha dodging tend sto work in msot situation.

The pistol brace is kinda all-around as you can thin out swarms and put down specials with a bit of sustained fire. It's man drawback is that really laying down the hurt with it burns through ammo like crazy. The crossbow is a sniper weapon, you can one-shot Stormvermin with headshots from that thing.

A rapier with scavenger is really the best combo for the pistol brace and will let you become a machine machine gunner. I find that the rapiers special attack gun is also really great at whacking specials from short to medium range.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Magni posted:

Someone asked in one of my runs if the wizard was Brian Blessed. Everyone is hammy as gently caress and it's great. :allears:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Magni posted:

The defense will end faster the more wards you have and you only fail if they all die. It's like 2 waves with all of them up but I have no idea how bad it gets.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I hate that the soldier doesn't start with a greatsword and handgun, those are both the most iconic empire weapons, and not terrible like the blunderbuss(the hammer is alright though). Is the grudgeraker like a not terrible blunderbuss?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Grondoth posted:

That sounds like maybe the best sword you could've gotten? Although you were probably hoping for the vent thing. That's fair. I've never gotten a vent thing.

I just dont really have interest in playing her but yeah I suppose.

Are swords actually good on her?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Devs did an AMA on Reddit, nothing too exciting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3po3qm/we_are_fatshark_developers_of_warhammer/

Main take aways for me are these.

- No Micro-transactions planned
- Host Migration will be worked on, but not yet.
- Yes the horses are meant to look like that. A Grey Wizard did it.
- No plans for Versus mode yet.

The VA's are as follows.

Victor is played by Tim Bentinck,
Sienna is played by Bethan Dickson Bate,
Markus is played by Dan Mersh,
Kerillian is played by Alix Wilton Regan,
Bardin is played by David Rintoul,
Franz Lohner is played by David Shaw Parker,
Olesya Pimenova is played by Nicolette McKenzi

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

When I play witch hunter I usually use the dodge a lot more often than the block. Basically I block when I'm about to get smacked by a rat ogre or when I don't have the room to maneuver away from the rats, and in the latter scenario it's usually better to push them away and give yourself some breathing room. Rapier charge attacks are great for taking out stormvermin and individual rats, and you have access to it's alt-fire which is good for rats that are just out of reach. As far as ranged weapons go, the crossbow 1 shots most specials if you get them in the head, whereas the pistol brace is better for picking off clanrats or alt-firing into a chokepoint during a swarm . Witch Hunter also has access to a repeater pistol that does less damage than the pistol brace but can fire much faster and has a higher ammo count. Also the alt fire shoots 8 shots at once! I feel like the repeater pistol and the pistol brace are both more geared towards taking out groups of rats, while the crossbow is more for taking out individual specials.

This game has so much personality, and it's wonderful. Was playing Witch Hunter, and a clanrat sneaks up behind me and says something like "Gonna take your other eye, witch hunter", I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw a promo picture and noticed that yes indeed, the witch hunter has one dead eye. I love the attention to little details like that.

Also once I was going up the tower in the supply level and suddenly I hear a "eeeeeeeeeee" coming from above, look up, and I see the rat who is making the sound fall past me and hear his voice trail away and suddenly go quiet. Teammate had knocked him off the top level of the tower. Game has some great moments.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Fans posted:

Kerillian is played by Alix Wilton Regan,

Alix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Yep. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2542896/