Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

tsa posted:

I remember back when a lot of people here thought Christie would be a serious contender, dude never had a fuckin chance.

I remember in 2011 when GOP donors were begging him to enter the primary for 2012.

I bet he also remembers that every time he looks at a poll in 2015!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I forgot that the talking dog in VR troopers was also named JEB.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I could see Trump get the nomination and still see him ripping on Bush instead of Hillary right up until the elections.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

messagemode1 posted:

This is how Jeb imagines himself fighting Trump:

This is closer to the truth:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

messagemode1 posted:

Jeb! is looking more like Ol' Yeller these days

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Lote posted:

Jeb! Jeb! It's Marvin. Your brother, Marvin Bush! You know that new energy that you're looking for? Well listen to this.

*low T commercial plays*

this is a good post

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Sir Tonk posted:

Those look like heads from Hotline Miami.

That's what I'd guess. I could totally see him unloading on Bush/Rubio 24/7 until the election if he got pushed out by the RNC.

The problem is no one will pay attention to him when he drops in the polls. Also for any person to run independent seriously they would have to already be getting signatures and etc. to even get on the ballot. It would be way too late if any of them wait until February most likely.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Could Trump run a write-in candidacy? I mean if his goal is to just be yooge and piss directly into Jeb's cheerios.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nessus posted:

Could Trump run a write-in candidacy? I mean if his goal is to just be yooge and piss directly into Jeb's cheerios.

Like Governor Romney said, he'd probably have to start getting signatures for ballot access - if not now - at least soon

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Bob Ojeda posted:

Like Governor Romney said, he'd probably have to start getting signatures for ballot access - if not now - at least soon

Trump won't run third party, seriously. That's for sore losers like Jim Webb.

Although now I see some scenario where Rubio won the nomination and somehow America caught Webb fever enough to allow Jim into the debates (yes, I know this won't happen). Jim "I killed a man" Webb would pose such a huge alpha contrast to Rubio, who looks like he's about 15, that I could see that "toughness" voter flocking to Webb.

By the way, from today's ABC/WaPo poll:

"Regardless of who you may support, would you say that the more you hear about [ITEM] the more you like him/her, or the more you hear about [ITEM] the less you like him/her?"
% more / less

Trump 47/45%
Carson 64/18%
Fiorina 47/30%
Bush 41/47%
Rubio 52/29%
Cruz 41/33%

So the question is whether you like or dislike a candidate more the more you hear from him/her. There's not too many surprises here, other than that the GOP still loves them some Ben Carson.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 22, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't believe how completely loving terrible this Republican candidate field is. No one seems remotely legitimate except Trump. Everyone, including Trump, has some sort of glaring, monstrous flaw or drawback.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Mister Macys posted:

This is the bad posture of a man who spent his formative years hunched over at his school desk instead of sitting up straight, and reading in bed; I've got the same problem. :smith:
Extremely OT, but learn how to swim to strengthen the back muscles, and go to a physiotherapist to stretch and relax the breast ones (and the fascia). Unless you're Jeb!'s age, fasciomuscular/posture problems are correctible.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

By the way, from today's ABC/WaPo poll:

"Regardless of who you may support, would you say that the more you hear about [ITEM] the more you like him/her, or the more you hear about [ITEM] the less you like him/her?"
% more / less

Trump 47/45%
Carson 64/18%
Fiorina 47/30%
Bush 41/47%
Rubio 52/29%
Cruz 41/33%

So the question is whether you like or dislike a candidate more the more you hear from him/her. There's not too many surprises here, other than that the GOP still loves them some Ben Carson.

In July a novelty candidate called Mexicans rapists and since then he's been the GOP front runner. This same fake idiot candidate torpedoed the anointed Jeb Bush's campaign and made Republicans actually question GWB's role in the lead up and aftermath of 9/11...

Now Jeb! is #4 in most polls, and has worse negatives than Donald Trump...

My head hurts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is Carl Icahn talking about his super pac

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/21/carl-icahn-launches-super-pac-with-150m-fund-to-take-on-tax-reform.html

trigger warning for sanders supporters : he keeps saying inequality

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

holy poo poo who is this firebrand daring conservative who is in touch AS gently caress with pop culture?! say hi to our future prez

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Carl Icahns letter to congress

http://carlicahn.com/needed-legislation-letter/

October 20, 2015

For the past 40 years I have worked diligently to see that errant CEOs and boards were held accountable, and few would disagree that my efforts greatly enhanced the value of hundreds of companies, making many billions of dollars for shareholders. I believe the time has come to also hold Senators and Congressmen accountable for the current gridlock in Congress that prevents important legislation from being passed. This is why I’m currently preparing to form a Super PAC with an initial commitment of $150 million from me personally. The first thing the PAC will do is focus on the pernicious effects that are occurring and will continue to occur as a result of Congress’s failure to immediately stop so many of our great companies from leaving our country. This exodus has often been called “corporate tax inversions.” While I plan to raise third party funds, I believe my own commitment of $150 million to the PAC will be more than enough to make voters fully aware of the horrible consequences that will ensue if Congress fails to pass legislation immediately to stop these “inversions.” I recently received an outpouring of emails and letters after pointing out the absurdity of this situation in a recent video (which is posted on my website: https://www.carlicahn.com). Many individuals are asking me to take action and I have obviously decided to do so.

The issue of corporate tax inversions is so important because many of this country’s great companies are currently merging with or being purchased by foreign companies. In the last few years over 50 companies have left the country through “inversions,” representing over half a trillion dollars in market value, hundreds of millions in tax dollars, and tens of thousands of jobs. If this exodus is allowed to accelerate, there will be disastrous consequences for our already fragile economy, as well as meaningful and unnecessary job losses. Foundational American companies, such as Pfizer, Walgreens, Monsanto, Omnicom, etc., have been reported publicly to be considering corporate “inversions” and currently many others are planning the same behind closed doors.

I credit my success as an investor in large part to understanding markets and the motivations of large companies. Companies have “interests.” They do not have “beliefs.” While they can contribute greatly to America, they are not “patriots.” They are motivated to take actions that are in the best economic interests of their shareholders, which include leaving the country if it offers a compelling opportunity to dramatically increase profits. Ironically, it is the “short term” oriented shareholders (mostly hedge fund managers) who benefit the most when, through an inversion, a foreign company pays a premium for an American company. In fact, these large holders are currently pressuring companies in which they own large positions to expatriate through “inversions” so that the value of the stocks they hold will afford them large “short term” profits. Some have argued that I am “short term” oriented. To preempt this possible criticism of my record, the average holding period for stocks in our portfolio is five to seven years.

We can solve the dangerous problem we face by passing legislation for international tax reform as outlined in the framework put forth by Senators Charles Schumer and Robert Portman, and supported by Chairman Paul Ryan, to fund the Highway Bill.

How does international tax reform prevent further inversions? The answer is simple. American corporations currently have over $2.2 trillion deposited abroad. They earned this money abroad and have already paid taxes on it to the country in which it was earned. These companies want to bring this money back to the United States, but they choose not to because we require they pay a “double tax” if they do. We are the only country in the world that does this, and it’s counterproductive because it creates an incentive to keep the money abroad. A lower “double tax” would solve this problem. Most of these companies would be willing to pay a 5% to 10% incremental tax on this money upon bringing it back to the United States where much of it would be invested in new capital and used to create new jobs. Additionally, the nearly $200 billion in new taxes thus realized could be used in part for the Highway Bill which is vital given that our nation’s infrastructure is recently ranked at a D+ by the American Society of Civil Engineers. Presently, Congress has only identified half the funding for a six-year Highway Bill, which itself contains inadequate spending to sustain our highways because it fails to include international tax reform. Also, as proposed, this inadequate version of the Highway Bill does nothing to stop corporate inversions.

It’s a no-brainer for Congress to pass a Highway Bill that includes international tax reform because, if it does not, many of our companies, currently holding $2.2 trillion abroad, will invest this money outside the United States rather than pay the double tax we are now foolishly demanding, and which they will obviously not pay. Even worse, they might elect to be acquired by foreign companies through “inversions,” in which case the United States would not only lose the $2.2 trillion that would be invested in this country if we had passed a Highway Bill with international tax reform, but also lose all future taxes and job creation that these companies would have contributed. Additionally, our country would forfeit the $200 billion tax these companies would immediately pay, a portion of which would be used to fund the Highway Bill. Not passing this bill immediately makes absolutely no sense. The Senators and Congressmen to whom I have spoken, including Charles Schumer and Paul Ryan, all agree we should enact this legislation immediately, and that after this December, because of elections, etc., it will be almost impossible to pass this legislation until the next administration. I’m certain, if we wait two years it will be too late. The obvious question: why hasn’t a bill that makes so much sense already passed through the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and been presented for passage before December? The American public has the right to an answer. There can be no defense for even a gridlocked Congress not passing legislation regarding the repatriation of $2.2 trillion, saving tens of thousands of jobs, stopping the exodus of hundreds of companies, as well as providing much needed capital for the Highway Bill. I promise, the PAC we have started will leave no stone unturned to find out who is most responsible for this ridiculous and unconscionable situation and what can be done about it. The inability of Congress to enact desperately needed legislation because of certain members not willing to compromise is reprehensible, and the members responsible must and will be held accountable. Intransigence and the unwillingness to compromise is a form of corruption that has ruined many businesses, as well as countries, and is now afflicting our great democracy. If it is not stopped now, I fear we will soon suffer the dire consequences.

I have been a student of the market and the economy for over 50 years, and I believe most would agree I have developed a keener insight than most concerning where the market and economy is going at any given time. I believe that today is an extremely dangerous time and have extensively outlined the reasons for why in my recently released video (https://www.carlicahn.com). Indeed, the current economic news is very disturbing. Even with interest rates close to zero, our economy is extremely fragile. The Fed can do no more to add stimulus and has already kept rates too low for too long, causing dangerous “bubbles.” And we certainly can expect no fiscal stimulus from our gridlocked Congress. This is by far the worst time imaginable to have an exodus of hundreds of companies. It would not only hurt our economy badly but would also meaningfully tarnish our reputation as a world power, giving our enemies abroad more ammunition to use against us. Not passing this legislation now will be recorded in history as a greater blunder then “Custer’s Last Stand.”

I have sent this letter to all the members of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee as well as the Majority and Minority Leaders of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. I hope to be able to speak with you shortly. I intend to make the letter public in the next few days. However, if you do not wish me to make public any conversations I have with you, I will respect those wishes.

Throughout history, a country failing to take “simple actions” necessary to prevent what could turn into disaster often leads to the decline of its hegemony. I hope and pray that the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee will take the “simple actions” necessary. I am not exaggerating when I say if you do not, our country runs the risk of losing its hegemony and those of you who are in power will have only yourselves to blame.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Carl Icahn

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stoat posted:

holy poo poo who is this firebrand daring conservative who is in touch AS gently caress with pop culture?! say hi to our future prez

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Well... Keeping in the theme of the day:

‘Back to the Future’ Writer: Biff Tannen Is Based on Donald Trump

Caros
May 14, 2008

Local man states the absolutely obvious.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

That explains the deleted scene when he says Marty and Doc "weren't playing Tiddlywinks."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Carl Icahns letter to congress

http://carlicahn.com/needed-legislation-letter/

October 20, 2015

For the past 40 years I have worked diligently to see that errant CEOs and boards were held accountable, and few would disagree that my efforts greatly enhanced the value of hundreds of companies, making many billions of dollars for shareholders. I believe the time has come to also hold Senators and Congressmen accountable for the current gridlock in Congress that prevents important legislation from being passed. This is why I’m currently preparing to form a Super PAC with an initial commitment of $150 million from me personally. The first thing the PAC will do is focus on the pernicious effects that are occurring and will continue to occur as a result of Congress’s failure to immediately stop so many of our great companies from leaving our country. This exodus has often been called “corporate tax inversions.” While I plan to raise third party funds, I believe my own commitment of $150 million to the PAC will be more than enough to make voters fully aware of the horrible consequences that will ensue if Congress fails to pass legislation immediately to stop these “inversions.” I recently received an outpouring of emails and letters after pointing out the absurdity of this situation in a recent video (which is posted on my website: https://www.carlicahn.com). Many individuals are asking me to take action and I have obviously decided to do so.

The issue of corporate tax inversions is so important because many of this country’s great companies are currently merging with or being purchased by foreign companies. In the last few years over 50 companies have left the country through “inversions,” representing over half a trillion dollars in market value, hundreds of millions in tax dollars, and tens of thousands of jobs. If this exodus is allowed to accelerate, there will be disastrous consequences for our already fragile economy, as well as meaningful and unnecessary job losses. Foundational American companies, such as Pfizer, Walgreens, Monsanto, Omnicom, etc., have been reported publicly to be considering corporate “inversions” and currently many others are planning the same behind closed doors.

I credit my success as an investor in large part to understanding markets and the motivations of large companies. Companies have “interests.” They do not have “beliefs.” While they can contribute greatly to America, they are not “patriots.” They are motivated to take actions that are in the best economic interests of their shareholders, which include leaving the country if it offers a compelling opportunity to dramatically increase profits. Ironically, it is the “short term” oriented shareholders (mostly hedge fund managers) who benefit the most when, through an inversion, a foreign company pays a premium for an American company. In fact, these large holders are currently pressuring companies in which they own large positions to expatriate through “inversions” so that the value of the stocks they hold will afford them large “short term” profits. Some have argued that I am “short term” oriented. To preempt this possible criticism of my record, the average holding period for stocks in our portfolio is five to seven years.

We can solve the dangerous problem we face by passing legislation for international tax reform as outlined in the framework put forth by Senators Charles Schumer and Robert Portman, and supported by Chairman Paul Ryan, to fund the Highway Bill.

How does international tax reform prevent further inversions? The answer is simple. American corporations currently have over $2.2 trillion deposited abroad. They earned this money abroad and have already paid taxes on it to the country in which it was earned. These companies want to bring this money back to the United States, but they choose not to because we require they pay a “double tax” if they do. We are the only country in the world that does this, and it’s counterproductive because it creates an incentive to keep the money abroad. A lower “double tax” would solve this problem. Most of these companies would be willing to pay a 5% to 10% incremental tax on this money upon bringing it back to the United States where much of it would be invested in new capital and used to create new jobs. Additionally, the nearly $200 billion in new taxes thus realized could be used in part for the Highway Bill which is vital given that our nation’s infrastructure is recently ranked at a D+ by the American Society of Civil Engineers. Presently, Congress has only identified half the funding for a six-year Highway Bill, which itself contains inadequate spending to sustain our highways because it fails to include international tax reform. Also, as proposed, this inadequate version of the Highway Bill does nothing to stop corporate inversions.

It’s a no-brainer for Congress to pass a Highway Bill that includes international tax reform because, if it does not, many of our companies, currently holding $2.2 trillion abroad, will invest this money outside the United States rather than pay the double tax we are now foolishly demanding, and which they will obviously not pay. Even worse, they might elect to be acquired by foreign companies through “inversions,” in which case the United States would not only lose the $2.2 trillion that would be invested in this country if we had passed a Highway Bill with international tax reform, but also lose all future taxes and job creation that these companies would have contributed. Additionally, our country would forfeit the $200 billion tax these companies would immediately pay, a portion of which would be used to fund the Highway Bill. Not passing this bill immediately makes absolutely no sense. The Senators and Congressmen to whom I have spoken, including Charles Schumer and Paul Ryan, all agree we should enact this legislation immediately, and that after this December, because of elections, etc., it will be almost impossible to pass this legislation until the next administration. I’m certain, if we wait two years it will be too late. The obvious question: why hasn’t a bill that makes so much sense already passed through the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and been presented for passage before December? The American public has the right to an answer. There can be no defense for even a gridlocked Congress not passing legislation regarding the repatriation of $2.2 trillion, saving tens of thousands of jobs, stopping the exodus of hundreds of companies, as well as providing much needed capital for the Highway Bill. I promise, the PAC we have started will leave no stone unturned to find out who is most responsible for this ridiculous and unconscionable situation and what can be done about it. The inability of Congress to enact desperately needed legislation because of certain members not willing to compromise is reprehensible, and the members responsible must and will be held accountable. Intransigence and the unwillingness to compromise is a form of corruption that has ruined many businesses, as well as countries, and is now afflicting our great democracy. If it is not stopped now, I fear we will soon suffer the dire consequences.

I have been a student of the market and the economy for over 50 years, and I believe most would agree I have developed a keener insight than most concerning where the market and economy is going at any given time. I believe that today is an extremely dangerous time and have extensively outlined the reasons for why in my recently released video (https://www.carlicahn.com). Indeed, the current economic news is very disturbing. Even with interest rates close to zero, our economy is extremely fragile. The Fed can do no more to add stimulus and has already kept rates too low for too long, causing dangerous “bubbles.” And we certainly can expect no fiscal stimulus from our gridlocked Congress. This is by far the worst time imaginable to have an exodus of hundreds of companies. It would not only hurt our economy badly but would also meaningfully tarnish our reputation as a world power, giving our enemies abroad more ammunition to use against us. Not passing this legislation now will be recorded in history as a greater blunder then “Custer’s Last Stand.”

I have sent this letter to all the members of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee as well as the Majority and Minority Leaders of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. I hope to be able to speak with you shortly. I intend to make the letter public in the next few days. However, if you do not wish me to make public any conversations I have with you, I will respect those wishes.

Throughout history, a country failing to take “simple actions” necessary to prevent what could turn into disaster often leads to the decline of its hegemony. I hope and pray that the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee will take the “simple actions” necessary. I am not exaggerating when I say if you do not, our country runs the risk of losing its hegemony and those of you who are in power will have only yourselves to blame.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Carl Icahn

Lol so many words just to say tax holiday.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

katlington posted:

More like "I'm going to spend millions on TV ads against you unless you vote the way I want you to vote."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mitt Romney posted:

More like "I'm going to spend millions on TV ads against you unless you vote the way I want you to vote."
Remember when there was that more or less overt "Presidential candidates kissing the rings of billionaires" early in the year?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

icantfindaname posted:

so apparently trump and carson's poll numbers are going back up now? how did that happen? are JEB! and rubio finally imploding?

fiorina's imploding

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

quote:

I promise, the PAC we have started will leave no stone unturned to find out who is most responsible for this ridiculous and unconscionable situation and what can be done about it. The inability of Congress to enact desperately needed legislation because of certain members not willing to compromise is reprehensible, and the members responsible must and will be held accountable. Intransigence and the unwillingness to compromise is a form of corruption that has ruined many businesses, as well as countries, and is now afflicting our great democracy. If it is not stopped now, I fear we will soon suffer the dire consequences.

Please, Carl, do tell me more about corruption (in the same paragraph where you threaten to use your billions of dollars to influence "our great democracy")

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Bryter posted:

Please, Carl, do tell me more about corruption (in the same paragraph where you threaten to use your billions of dollars to influence "our great democracy")
I suspect he means Democrats' refusal to compromise and just do whatever Republicans want, all the time.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Brannock posted:

I can't believe how completely loving terrible this Republican candidate field is. No one seems remotely legitimate except Trump. Everyone, including Trump, has some sort of glaring, monstrous flaw or drawback.

remember this was supposed to be the strongest GOP field in years

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Who is stronger than Ted "Most dangerous man in congress" Cruz?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Anal Papist posted:

Who is stronger than Ted "Most dangerous man in congress" Cruz?

Well, at current polling, a block of wood with a nail in it. It's got a full 2% over him if it shuts up about building code reform.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

katlington posted:

No, you see.... I have been a student of the market and the economy for over 50 years, and I believe most would agree I have developed a keener insight than most concerning where the market and economy is going at any given time.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
IA poll from Quinnipiac and Donald's in a bit of trouble.

Carson 28
Trump 20
Rubio 13
Cruz 10
Paul 6
Jeb!/Fiorina 5
Jindal/Kasich 3
Huckabee 2
Christie/Santorum 1

It'll be interesting to see if other IA polls confirm this. Carson is a great fit for Iowa and matches the Huckabee/Santofum profile of IA winners, apparently better than Huckabee and Santorum do.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I can't believe there's a lot of people that hear about Carson and don't think he's a huge rear end in a top hat.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Most GOP primary voters and most people in general are huge assholes. Carson also speaks very softly and that puts people at ease, no matter what dumb poo poo he's saying.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guess who said this

quote:

“I saw that there is a Supergirl on TV, I saw it when I was working out this morning,” he responded. “There’s an ad promoting Supergirl. She looked kinda— she looked pretty hot. I’m looking forward to that.”

Jeb! Bush

https://t.co/7carXRJls4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The guy just can't stay away from immigrant women. Lex Luthor 2016!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stoat posted:

Yeah, Back to the Future aged terribly and is by no means a beloved and well-remembered movie...
What?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

IA poll from Quinnipiac and Donald's in a bit of trouble.

Carson 28
Trump 20
Rubio 13
Cruz 10
Paul 6
Jeb!/Fiorina 5
Jindal/Kasich 3
Huckabee 2
Christie/Santorum 1

It'll be interesting to see if other IA polls confirm this. Carson is a great fit for Iowa and matches the Huckabee/Santofum profile of IA winners, apparently better than Huckabee and Santorum do.

Obviously this is the big news of the day, and I'm interested in seeing how Trump reacts (if he reacts at all). In other news, not that Massachusetts is likely to swing Republican anytime soon, but here's an Emerson College poll out of the Bay State:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TheTatteredKing posted:

I can't believe there's a lot of people that hear about Carson and don't think he's a huge rear end in a top hat.

He stood up to Obama and is black.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is this still the projected lineup for the Oct 28th debate?

Because Lindsey Graham getting refused a spot at the kids table is hilarious and them going with a 2.5% cutoff to avoid losing Jeb! but getting again saddled with Christie Huck and Rand as a consequence is also amusing. Another noise-machine debate I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
We'll probably get another Iowa poll tomorrow: the Des Moines Register just released Democratic numbers so they probably have a GOP batch to go out tomorrow. If they agree with these, we'll have a new normal with Carson leading Iowa and Trump leading NH, which might turn the narrative from Trump Dominates to Trump/Carson Horserace.

• Locked thread