Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Shayu posted:

cool quick tip for new players: if your playing in a losing game just annoy your teammates until they kick you, it doesnt count as a loss!

So much this!! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

kordansk posted:

Plus the comment that you only buy based on your economy instead of evaluating your team economy and that of the other side is terrible.

I also suck at spraying FWIW. My callouts are bad if it isn't D2 or Inferno.

At the start of the round I press tab (I don't know if there's a better way to check team money, if so, flame on) and look at my team's economy, and then I look at the top of their heads to see what weapons they have. I typically prefer the AK or M4A4 to any other weapon, but if my team is hurting financially I sometimes will buy a UMP or something else if it means I can save a little bit of cash for the next big buy, since I'd prefer to have a full kit of flashes, smokes, HE, and molotov if T side (I probably should look into buying fire nades on CT side more, I usually get two flashes, HE, and smoke on CT side which is probably bad practice). Obviously, if my team is ecoing, I eco, and if they are buying, this is what I'm talking about. I'll do a full buy 90% of the time, but if we are doing very well sometimes I will try to save the SMG I have from round 2-3 like I said previously. I didn't think this was bad.

I appreciate your brutally honest advice. Thanks. I'll post a demo later on but I'm honestly afraid of what will be said considering my flashes all are meh, my popflashes are laughable, my HEs are bad, my sprays are bad, and my sensitivity is bad. Not that I'm afraid of being told I'm bad, but I'm more afraid in the way it will be said. I might work on getting used to a new sensitivity before I post a demo. I think my sensitivity will be a bit different since my mouse has hardware-adjustable sensitivity (DPI? I don't know poo poo about mice, just keyboards.) I have a roccat kone pure optical mouse and I claw grip on the 3rd lowest sensitivity on my mouse. My sensitivity is way too high ingame, though.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm not really sure what to say about your sensitivity being bad. Are you using it as an excuse for not being able to aim? Just pick whatever feels good and roll with it. The whole figuring out the magic sens and crosshair is a loving myth. Find what works and keep using it.

Though as a rule of thumb if you're learning or you suck...lower your sens.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'd like to nurse myself up to a higher sensitivity than I'm currently using because it makes moving around the map difficult at times. But I'm terrible and it never works.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
My sens depends on the room on my desk (and the size of my mousepad, but that is not the restrictive factor here... yet). I just pick the lowest where it doesn't feel annoying (like I'm going to hit my mouse on the keyboard/drop it off the table) to spin 180 degrees fast and call it a day.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

nosl posted:

I also suck at spraying FWIW. My callouts are bad if it isn't D2 or Inferno.

At the start of the round I press tab (I don't know if there's a better way to check team money, if so, flame on) and look at my team's economy, and then I look at the top of their heads to see what weapons they have. I typically prefer the AK or M4A4 to any other weapon, but if my team is hurting financially I sometimes will buy a UMP or something else if it means I can save a little bit of cash for the next big buy, since I'd prefer to have a full kit of flashes, smokes, HE, and molotov if T side (I probably should look into buying fire nades on CT side more, I usually get two flashes, HE, and smoke on CT side which is probably bad practice). Obviously, if my team is ecoing, I eco, and if they are buying, this is what I'm talking about. I'll do a full buy 90% of the time, but if we are doing very well sometimes I will try to save the SMG I have from round 2-3 like I said previously. I didn't think this was bad.

I appreciate your brutally honest advice. Thanks. I'll post a demo later on but I'm honestly afraid of what will be said considering my flashes all are meh, my popflashes are laughable, my HEs are bad, my sprays are bad, and my sensitivity is bad. Not that I'm afraid of being told I'm bad, but I'm more afraid in the way it will be said. I might work on getting used to a new sensitivity before I post a demo. I think my sensitivity will be a bit different since my mouse has hardware-adjustable sensitivity (DPI? I don't know poo poo about mice, just keyboards.) I have a roccat kone pure optical mouse and I claw grip on the 3rd lowest sensitivity on my mouse. My sensitivity is way too high ingame, though.

Yeah, I am by no means great at this game either, but I have been playing for a while off and on (since 1.3). The best way to evaluate a player is to watch them play. Map/game sense, knowing what/when to buy, good callouts (not talking excessively/inappropriate times) , knowing when to push, when to stay put, and knowing timing are so so important. Aim is good, and it will get you pretty far, but it will only take you so far in a team game. Getting better at nades/smokes/sprays is definitely good/important for improving play, but simply learning how to play as a good team player (I haven't played with you, so I can't actually judge your team play) is even more important.

edit: What is your sensitivity at anyway? If it is above 1000 (DPI * in-game sensitivity), I would seriously considering lowering it just to see how you do.

kordansk fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 22, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Im a grandmaster wizard of counter strike and Im coming down the mountain to tell you that co-ordinating buys on MM is a big fat waste of time. Buy strictly and mechanically according to principle unless 3+ people on your team misbuy.

Trust me on this. If one person buys on your 3rd round eco, that player is going to gently caress up their economy decisions for the entire game 100%. No point in trying to keep your money on an even keel in that game, ever.

Round 2:

Win pistol? BUY

Lose pistol? BUY

Lose pistol with bomb down? DON'T BUY

Round 3:

Lose pistol? Lose Round 2? DON'T BUY

Lose pistol? Win Round 2? BUY

Lose pistol or Round 2 with bomb down? BUY

If you're trying to balance cash with your team, no point in buying a UMP. Either commit to the buy or don't. If you have to buy anything on a round your teammates are not buying on, get yourself a pistol and kevlar. That costs less, is probably just as likely to net a kill, and has the advantage of meaning you can pick up a primary weapon.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

buy cz armor every round until you win one and then buy a rifle

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
de_santorini playtest from launders 10man group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6gJjRFX5Dg

he left a note on reddit saying that the map is very mid heavy on both sides and it came off as very ct sided until they worked out a way on t side to take the map and after that it seemed pretty split. he said its more mid focused than cache or mirage (!!!)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sometimes i like to convince my team to spend no money on pistol round then armour ump buy on round 2

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

sometimes i like to convince my team to spend no money on pistol round then armour ump buy on round 2

If your boys can aim at all yeah, that makes sense. Pistol is an exercise in hs aim so the other stuff is all frills anyway~

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Please state your current rank and amount of tournaments won before you criticize the SG

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
if it's GN3 and 0 can I poo poo on the AUG instead

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

the lowest where it doesn't feel annoying to spin 180 degrees fast

whatever sens this is is still too high

not sarcasm

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone else suffer from skin envy? All i want is a drat knife :negative:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want a knife but every time I see the prices on the market I feel type 2 autism burning my finger tips so I quickly close out

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I want skins even more now that i have one

stump collector
May 28, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I want a knife but every time I see the prices on the market I feel type 2 autism burning my finger tips so I quickly close out

Lmao

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would trade my knife for a better, more expensive knife.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CSGL is broke a week before a major too, my trek to a knife during Cluj will never happen.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I got a cobble case from Katowice and sold it, put the profit towards a vanilla flip knife. That is my knife story I hope you all liked it

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I ask for lovely 3 cent skins on casual servers half the time I get something.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

s1mple has left Hellraisers, so many roster changes before the major.

edit: nm HR didn't qualify for the major.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Adorable http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535460414

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

no barrels so unrealistic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Photex posted:

s1mple has left Hellraisers, so many roster changes before the major.

edit: nm HR didn't qualify for the major.

The other day he was ranting about how Oskar doesn't work with the others and just goes off to frag by himself :ironicat:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The other day he was ranting about how Oskar doesn't work with the others and just goes off to frag by himself :ironicat:
Oh, s1mple.

Anything but.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
LUNA TAKE NOTE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9PzhrXUvHk

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is there any difference between the MAG-7 Heat Factory New and Minimal Wear?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Not really most field tested and mw skins look just fine

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

zero bhops, no dubstep, all frags against bots or clearly with a friend who you directed over skype by going "hey wanna help me make a csgo thing? its for some people i know, yeah" would NOT watch again, 0 stars out of 5

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Is there any difference between the MAG-7 Heat Factory New and Minimal Wear?

Visually, almost immeasurable.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nuts, I bought a Factory New and have already put 70 kills on it, may as well stick with it now

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have $3 leftover, what is a cool and funny name for a red hot shotgun?

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Professor Shark posted:

MAC-10 | Heat

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Mis-Buy

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Professor Shark posted:

Eat My Steaming Load

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Professor Shark posted:

friend of the family Juicer

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Can anyone explain the ESL/ESEA pro league map picking system to me? Are there vetoes or do teams just pick the map they want to play when they're the home team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

friend of the family Juicer

God loving dammit.

• Locked thread