Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I loving wish cops would enforce the "keep right except to pass" law we have here in Colorado. There are a lot of fuckers in the Denver area that make a point of driving slow in the left lane and it's loving infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
sting operations are sometimes so satisfying. I remember seeing years ago on Cops where they setup a thing in this high crime projects area where a semi would breakdown and the driver would get instructions from his supervisor to walk to the nearest service station (not an absurd situation) as then locals had devised little hand tools to jimmy open the back and start taking the cargo. But the cops set up a false interior with a trap door with like a half dozen cops hiding and would wait til guys were fully in the car before jumping out and arresting them. That was a fun episode.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Anora posted:

Roommate: Did you know I'm moving to California
Me: yeah
Roommate: I'm getting a job in the video game industry as IT/QA
Me: oh, I didn't know you knew how to program
Roommate: I don't, but I know a guy who's in deep and he said he'll help me get in.

Jesus Christ. That Roommate is a jobless Squatter that somehow manages to scrap together just enough money for "most" of his share of the rent, and at least one bottle of alcohol a day. You know what, good luck to him.

QA is a really poo poo job. Just testing bits of games over and over and over and over and over to find bugs and/or verify that bugs have been fixed. "IT" can have many meanings, but is quite often a sort of systems maintenance/repair guy who keeps the computers and network running. Not nearly as poo poo a job. Neither of which you need to program for, mostly.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bip Roberts posted:

absolutely huge gif

maybe link that?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyperlynx posted:

QA is a really poo poo job. Just testing bits of games over and over and over and over and over to find bugs and/or verify that bugs have been fixed. "IT" can have many meanings, but is quite often a sort of systems maintenance/repair guy who keeps the computers and network running. Not nearly as poo poo a job. Neither of which you need to program for, mostly.

IT/QA is a beta tester who is sometimes asked to put toner in the printer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hey, chef!

Every story I've ever heard about chefs has them as raging lunatics or quiet psychopaths.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flosofl posted:

You monster.

Hey, I'm not the one pacing the drat truck. I'm the one fuming behind the bluehair who is.

Fortunately in NJ every single person gets into the left lane and drives there at all times no matter what their comfortable speed is, leaving the right lane open for miles :buddy:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turtlicious posted:

IT/QA is a beta tester who is sometimes asked to put toner in the printer.

Now, of course, actual QA is a real engineering discipline that involves programming and writing unit tests and basically doing supporting development. I hope that guy lands a job where he has to write Scala or some poo poo, that would be the most entertaining week the rest of the team will ever see

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Every story I've ever heard about chefs has them as raging lunatics or quiet psychopaths.

That's because normal dudes aren't usually good for many "listen to what this rear end in a top hat pulled" type of stories.

People who drive slow in the fast lane are the real psychopaths. When somebody cuts you off or causes a close call, you honk and get pissy for a minute and then get over it. When some clueless turd is blocking the fast lane you just have to sit there and take it and stew in your own building impotent rage, made worse by the knowledge that said turd is probably some blissful idiot who has no clue that they make dozens of people miserable on a daily basis.

Human Tornada has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Oct 22, 2015

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0V7xv9qu0

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Choco1980 posted:

sting operations are sometimes so satisfying. I remember seeing years ago on Cops where they setup a thing in this high crime projects area where a semi would breakdown and the driver would get instructions from his supervisor to walk to the nearest service station (not an absurd situation) as then locals had devised little hand tools to jimmy open the back and start taking the cargo. But the cops set up a false interior with a trap door with like a half dozen cops hiding and would wait til guys were fully in the car before jumping out and arresting them. That was a fun episode.

A good one I saw was this thing where they set up an easily stealable car in high crime areas. Eventually someone comes along and steals the thing. It's also fitted with cameras and a remote kill switch, and the looks on the criminals faces when that thing shuts off is hilarious.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Saints Crow posted:

I love the bass drum pegging the riot cop from the first page, so I made this

:hellyeah:

Here, have some double cop schadenfreude to go with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNYh8WsFcd0

Basebf555 posted:

In Baltimore people who live in the shittier neighborhoods seem to have adopted this "gently caress it, if I get hit I get hit" attitude and they treat the street like their personal sidewalk. They just saunter across at an extremely slow pace, and a lot of times they almost make a point of looking in the opposite direction on a one-way street as if they are challenging the universe to make paste out of them.

People do that in pretty much every poor neighborhood in America. I'm pretty sure the reasoning is usually "everything sucks and I don't give a gently caress", or "i'm drunk and/or high and don't give a gently caress", or "I'm crazy and don't give a gently caress", or "I'm a bad rear end tough guy and don't give a gently caress, so now you have to wait for me, and if you have a problem I DARE YOU TO RUN ME OVER MOTHERFUCKER I WILL ONLY BECOME STRONGER".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Rah! posted:

People do that in pretty much every poor neighborhood in America. I'm pretty sure the reasoning is usually "everything sucks and I don't give a gently caress", or "i'm drunk and/or high and don't give a gently caress", or "I'm crazy and don't give a gently caress", or "I'm a bad rear end tough guy and don't give a gently caress, so now you have to wait for me, and if you have a problem I DARE YOU TO RUN ME OVER MOTHERFUCKER I WILL ONLY BECOME STRONGER".

Jaywalking is your goddamn American duty.

DR FRASIER KRANG has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Oct 22, 2015

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

moist turtleneck posted:

Thug Life

Seriously, that Auto 666 has some amazing videos

I had never heard of that channel, but yeah, this is is a lot of stuff there that seems like it's straight out of a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAmKR7bsAU&t=1m29s

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYYbV9kZhg

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Jaywalking is your goddamn American duty.

:911:

Except for all the lovely loving dumb suburban places where no one walks anywhere and the bored cops will actually give you a ticket for jaywalking.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not surprised it was the lemon juice that did him in, but I am surprised he managed to get so far into the bottle.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Re: Jaywalking, I'm from the Ann Arbor area in Michigan. The city has been NOTORIOUS for people giving zero fucks crossing the road, to the point where around five years ago they passed a law that if you're driving anywhere in the city limits, ALL streets count as crosswalk zones for you to yield in, just because they were fed up with trying to stop the pedestrians. I've heard of people getting tickets for not slowing down when someone was standing on the curb because they might have been crossing. Years ago a coworker of my dad's went to DC on business and started crossing streets the same way Ann Arborites do. Day ONE he gets hit by a car and breaks his leg.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
the director of the CIA’s emails were shared online by someone who is not yet old enough to buy beer

quote:

The WikiLeaks page includes Brennan’s application for security clearance, which has many personal details, including his Passport number, his past residencies and information about his acquaintances. WikiLeaks also published documents outlining the U.S. policy in Iran, as well as letters about U.S. torture practices.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Maybe he'll get lucky and the NSA will hire him before the CIA injects him with a radium pellet.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

It didn't even take weeks.

Trollologist posted:

Can you do something for me real quck? Just, super quick here, SHUT YOUR loving IDIOT MOUTH. OK, great. thanks.

Since it's painfully clear that you can't read, or don't want to, or whatever let me go ahead and just chunk out a quick number here: 7
That's how many years DOA has been operating without me in it. And, by this ignorant rear end statement that I have to address because you clearly have some kind of learning deficiency, I'm going to guess that you assume that in the entire 7 years of operation they've never once put up flyers?! They do, They do alot. And this is all they have to show for it in almost a decade: 1500FB likes and average big show attendance of around: 200. SO CLEARLY THE FLYERS DON'T loving WORK THAT WELL DO THEY?!?!?!?! BECAUSE IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE DEMONSTRABLE GROWTH OVER THAT PERIOD OF TIME INSTEAD OF YEAR AFTER YEAR OF FISCAL LOSS YOU SIMPLETON?!

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

So that's the kind of person keeping AOL in business?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Don't break check police cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Literally last page.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Literally last page.
The thread schadenfreude is the best one, though.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

In Baltimore people who live in the shittier neighborhoods seem to have adopted this "gently caress it, if I get hit I get hit" attitude and they treat the street like their personal sidewalk. They just saunter across at an extremely slow pace, and a lot of times they almost make a point of looking in the opposite direction on a one-way street as if they are challenging the universe to make paste out of them.

This happens a lot at one of the grocery stores near me. The people who like to feel like a bad-rear end so they walk really slowly across the lot from the parked cars to the store, staring at you the entire time as if they are daring you to have a problem with it. Mentally patting themselves on the back because "I sure showed him who's boss" when the only control they really have over anything or anybody is to cause random strangers a minor inconvenience in a parking lot.

Human Tornada posted:

That's because normal dudes aren't usually good for many "listen to what this rear end in a top hat pulled" type of stories.

People who drive slow in the fast lane are the real psychopaths. When somebody cuts you off or causes a close call, you honk and get pissy for a minute and then get over it. When some clueless turd is blocking the fast lane you just have to sit there and take it and stew in your own building impotent rage, made worse by the knowledge that said turd is probably some blissful idiot who has no clue that they make dozens of people miserable on a daily basis.

God, this. I live north of Baltimore and work south of it. Every day there's at least one idiot coasting along without a care in the world. They have all day to get where they're going, so you and everybody else get to take all day too. Then there are the ones who are well aware that they are holding a long line of cars up but "gently caress those people, they don't get to decide how fast I have to drive. I'm driving the speed limit."

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

Hey, I'm not the one pacing the drat truck. I'm the one fuming behind the bluehair who is.

Fortunately in NJ every single person gets into the left lane and drives there at all times no matter what their comfortable speed is, leaving the right lane open for miles :buddy:

Where in Jersey? Because North Jersey was complete hell for driving and no lanes were ever clear or like, made any sense at all.

South Jersey was hell too but for different reasons.

The truest Schadenfreude is living in NJ at all

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Re: Jaywalking, I'm from the Ann Arbor area in Michigan. The city has been NOTORIOUS for people giving zero fucks crossing the road, to the point where around five years ago they passed a law that if you're driving anywhere in the city limits, ALL streets count as crosswalk zones for you to yield in, just because they were fed up with trying to stop the pedestrians. I've heard of people getting tickets for not slowing down when someone was standing on the curb because they might have been crossing. Years ago a coworker of my dad's went to DC on business and started crossing streets the same way Ann Arborites do. Day ONE he gets hit by a car and breaks his leg.

Sup fellow Ann Arbor Goon buddy!

I was going around UM's North Campus for work earlier this week and saw this in action: some guy in a truck is trying to pull out on a boulevard. He's looking to his left and is ready to pull out when this student just walks in front of him. Driver lets his foot off the brake, then jams it back down to avoid splattering this kid all over the place.

The kid? He starts muttering to himself like he was just so wronged. I share a look with the driver and start laughing as I wait for the truck to pull out and go on his way. Ann Arborites don't even look both ways when crossing the street, they just go. A few of the exchange students, however, are smarter than that or at least exercise some common sense.

I think people are still fighting that stupid crosswalk law as it pretty much puts all the onus on the drivers for pedestrians simply not giving a poo poo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Catnipped posted:

Where in Jersey? Because North Jersey was complete hell for driving and no lanes were ever clear or like, made any sense at all.

Weird, because that's what I'm talking about. Garden State Parkway in Bergen County. Left lane is perennially a parade of Camrys and RX350s puttering along at 62, driven presumably by people thinking I AM A GOOD DRIVER, I BELONG IN THE FAST LANE, and the right lane is wide open as far as the eye can see.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Between this and the constant construction I enter a boiling rage every time I cross Ann Arbor's city limits.

Now I live in Chicago where either a) pedestrians slowly and brazenly cross in front of four lanes of traffic because there was 1 second left on the meter or b) pedestrians cross when they're supposed to but the guy behind you honks and flips you off for not plowing them over when you're waiting to turn.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Catnipped posted:

South Jersey was hell too but for different reasons.

The truest Schadenfreude is living in NJ at all

I don't know if they exist elsewhere but there are two major traffic circles in Monmouth County in the Wall area that are ripe with schadenfreude because nobody loving understands them. There is always someone cutting off someone, or an accident, or a line of traffic backed up all the way around the circle because some idiot is sitting there in the center blocking both lanes and too terrified to merge.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I like to use the middle lane to pass the retard that is sitting in the left lane, then get over and slow down to about 50 until they move over.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Require More Fire posted:

I don't know if they exist elsewhere but there are two major traffic circles in Monmouth County in the Wall area that are ripe with schadenfreude because nobody loving understands them. There is always someone cutting off someone, or an accident, or a line of traffic backed up all the way around the circle because some idiot is sitting there in the center blocking both lanes and too terrified to merge.

I stayed in Paris last year and my hotel overlooked a four-way junction where all four sets of lights would apparently turn green at once. There was a constant knot of gridlocked cars in the middle blocking each others turns while the drivers hurled abuse. Priceless entertainment and definitely better than French TV. It amazes me anyone would continue to choose to drive in Paris though. That same trip I saw a driver lose a front wheel and drive off into the distance without stopping.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Want to hear the sound of pure northern-English schadenfreude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dL4DPm-DE

It took me a while to figure what the gently caress was going on. I guess even the fast lane is different, makes sense.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

darkwasthenight posted:

I stayed in Paris last year and my hotel overlooked a four-way junction where all four sets of lights would apparently turn green at once. There was a constant knot of gridlocked cars in the middle blocking each others turns while the drivers hurled abuse. Priceless entertainment and definitely better than French TV. It amazes me anyone would continue to choose to drive in Paris though. That same trip I saw a driver lose a front wheel and drive off into the distance without stopping.

Pure stubbornness? I've been to Paris a few times and the only time I've ever been there in a car is when we landed in Paris and then had to drive to a destination and it was awful. Central Paris is full of rich people who believe that they own the roads and tourists that don't know what they're doing. When my parents came to visit me in high school, I took them up on to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and we spent most of an hour watching confused people try to Frogger their way across Place de l'Etoile and then a caravan of police vehicles trying to get through by going on the inside of all of the traffic.

It was beautiful, like a ballet gone horribly wrong.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eponine posted:

Pure stubbornness? I've been to Paris a few times and the only time I've ever been there in a car is when we landed in Paris and then had to drive to a destination and it was awful. Central Paris is full of rich people who believe that they own the roads and tourists that don't know what they're doing. When my parents came to visit me in high school, I took them up on to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and we spent most of an hour watching confused people try to Frogger their way across Place de l'Etoile and then a caravan of police vehicles trying to get through by going on the inside of all of the traffic.

It was beautiful, like a ballet gone horribly wrong.

There's 12 roads going on or off that roundabout, plus France's "Give way to traffic entering except not always because France" laws. They tried various ways of making it a saner junction then eventually went "gently caress it" and ripped out all the lights and markings and left it up to people to work out for themselves.

Now any collision at the Arc De Triomphe is automatically adjudged 50/50 fault by French insurance companies, because even if someone killdozers the wrong way round it and destroys a hundred cars each of those hundred cars were being driven by someone dumb enough to try and get around the Arc De Triomphe so are just as to blame.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Gross Dude posted:

I had never heard of that channel, but yeah, this is is a lot of stuff there that seems like it's straight out of a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAmKR7bsAU&t=1m29s

So many good videos there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KroxfDhnk8s

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does Russia/Europe have a lot of pedestrian walking the street PSA commercials? This poo poo gets grounded into your brain in America

European PSAs are pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL6t-Eu-IY

I can't tell if the cartoon SPLAT at :44 was in the original commercial or added by the uploader, but either way I approve.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

It's baffling how many people have the audacity to be pissed off at the other driver whose path they are blocking by being doing the wrong thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's 12 roads going on or off that roundabout, plus France's "Give way to traffic entering except not always because France" laws. They tried various ways of making it a saner junction then eventually went "gently caress it" and ripped out all the lights and markings and left it up to people to work out for themselves.

Now any collision at the Arc De Triomphe is automatically adjudged 50/50 fault by French insurance companies, because even if someone killdozers the wrong way round it and destroys a hundred cars each of those hundred cars were being driven by someone dumb enough to try and get around the Arc De Triomphe so are just as to blame.

On the flip side to that, when I lived there, my rugby team had a game in Brussels and we were super confused trying to get to this field and ended up almost going down a one-way street and stopped in the middle of a 6 way intersection. No one even honked at us! All four of us were just waving at them like, "yes, French plates. We are from out of town. So sorry! Very sorry!"