Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

i seriously can't see why poirier didn't ask for 100k bonus and then go out there and flog parke. parke is technically pretty good but he's pretty much the definition of feather fisted. poirier would gently caress him up.

His statement on twitter was "to let the small fish go" and to wait for the Duffy fight to be rescheduled.

I agree, I think he would have outclassed Parke easily even if Norman might have a decent chin on him, but Dustin might be smart to wait for a better event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

His statement on twitter was "to let the small fish go" and to wait for the Duffy fight to be rescheduled.

I agree, I think he would have outclassed Parke easily even if Norman might have a decent chin on him, but Dustin might be smart to wait for a better event.

if duffy's injury is extremely un-serious, sure, but as far as risk reward goes though there's almost no way he couldn't gently caress up parke, not get hurt at all, get a huge bonus, a potn, his win / show money, an addition to his highlight reel and name recognition / good will of ireland and still fight duffy next

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm serious i bet poirier could clear near a quarter mil to gently caress up norman parke. i wouldn't even wait for the thinking music.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

lol

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Marching Powder posted:

i'm serious i bet poirier could clear near a quarter mil to gently caress up norman parke. i wouldn't even wait for the thinking music.

how soon we forget that Charlie "Worst Fighter Ever" Brenneman beat Rick Story on short notice

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

how soon we forget that Charlie "Worst Fighter Ever" Brenneman beat Rick Story on short notice

Yes, it's still a fist fight and 'anything can happen' but the chances of anyone ever getting the chance to gently caress up Norman Parke for that much money should absolutely take it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Holy poo poo Joe Duffy/Aldo is a murder. They cant let that happen.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im pretty sure that was just a joke but if it did happen it wouldnt be any worse than Aldo vs most people hes fought. Duffy seems good

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I know it seems impossible that Ben Rothwell made a funny self aware joke, but he did.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Wanderlei Silva posted:

Congratulations to my dear friend and great leader Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Your victory is Canada's victory.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

What is going on in this bizarre world

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

brennemans style and background were the absolute worst for storys old style. i dont think that analogy is relevant at all

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
still better than a CWFC card

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bluedeanie posted:

I know it seems impossible, but it's Trudeau.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

prime minister Trudeau and wandy

Yup I've seen it all

mewse
May 2, 2006

Trudeau owns

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:eyepop:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Slow mo vid of Sage Northcutt doing a cannonball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoouz-esVE

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Slow mo vid of Sage Northcutt doing a cannonball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoouz-esVE

that's clearly a can opener you idiot

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

owns

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Reminder that Justin Trudeau did a charity boxing match against a senator (Patrick Brazeau) who was later implicated in a spending scandal. In the mean time, the senator was last seen helping run a strip club.

This country rules.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bluedeanie posted:

I was told Trudeau not only knows what the gently caress "Gamergate" is about, but also told the five nerds still supporting it to gently caress off via Twitter.

Today's world is freaking me out.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

attackmole posted:

Reminder that Justin Trudeau did a charity boxing match against a senator (Patrick Brazeau) who was later implicated in a spending scandal. In the mean time, the senator was last seen helping run a strip club.

This country rules.
He whupped that rear end too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlWiZMhaLE

Leading to this great tweet from the day before the election:

@senatorbrazeau posted:

@JustinTrudeau beat the poo poo out of me but I'm still voting for him. If I can, every other Canadian should! #cdnpoli #elxn42 #lpc #ndp #cpc

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was told Trudeau not only knows what the gently caress "Gamergate" is about, but also told the five nerds still supporting it to gently caress off via Twitter.

This is awesome

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
That is one sexy 43 year old boy

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I was told Trudeau not only knows what Actual Advice Mallard is, but is also a long time subscriber to /r/AdviceAnimals

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Today's world is freaking me out.

Trudeau posted:

“My mom raised me to be a feminist. My father raised me, he was a different generation but he raised me to respect and defend everyone’s rights, and I deeply grounded my own identity in that, and I am proud to say that I am a feminist,” he said during the Up for Debate event in September.

“The things we see online, whether it is issues like gamergate or video games misogyny in popular culture, it is something that we need to stand clearly against.”

red19fire
May 26, 2010

GDT suggestion:

UFC Fight Night: Tales of A Third Rate Nothing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus christ no one loving cares about gamergate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Jesus christ no one loving cares about gamergate

The emperor of Canada cares.

red19fire posted:

GDT suggestion:

UFC Fight Night: Tales of A Third Rate Nothing

I don't think a GDT is necessary to be honest and if one does get made I suggest a single full stop that is hard to see and click on

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

Trudeauns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Charles Gnarwin posted:

When the Seoul show happens, Reebok is definitely going to put DPRK on Bendo's jersey.

Korea is One and Dokdo is Korean territory.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think a GDT is necessary to be honest and if one does get made I suggest a single full stop that is hard to see and click on

yeah. I mean I'm a no-life having UFC fan and even I can't justify waking up at 10 am to watch slightly-more-life having nobodies from Ireland fight on a low quality stream.

I know we're all desperate for MMA but maybe this event is taking things too far.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think the opposite, I think somebody should put tons of effort into a GDT as if they were hyped up for a year end title fight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don't know even watch prelims anymore, there's tons of fights every month and I can't keep up with every fight and still hang out with friends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I end up feeling like death and enjoying it less if I stay up/wake up for UFC nowadays, so the EU suitable time cards being utter shite sucks pretty badly because it's the only times I can watch it without feeling dead.

That said, it's not like the Poirier fight is the last straw, the UFC hasn't done a very good job of internation expansion outside of Brazil and Japan cards for a long time now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think the opposite, I think somebody should put tons of effort into a GDT as if they were hyped up for a year end title fight

i nominate you

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Aurain posted:

I end up feeling like death and enjoying it less if I stay up/wake up for UFC nowadays, so the EU suitable time cards being utter shite sucks pretty badly because it's the only times I can watch it without feeling dead.

That said, it's not like the Poirier fight is the last straw, the UFC hasn't done a very good job of internation expansion outside of Brazil and Japan cards for a long time now.

I'm in the eu but i'm not going to watch this poo poo. The card is just, so bad and meaningless . Does any fight on this card matter? I guess some of the losers might end up cut but lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the winner of holohan and smolka will probably fight a ranked opponent next. that's the entire extent to which this card matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/21/reebok-blames-design-error-for-regrettable-ufc-ireland-shirt?CMP=fb_gu

The Irish shirt has maid the mainstream press in the UK. I'm going to send in my design

Germany

UFC

• Locked thread