Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tortilla Maker posted:

Hi Nerds,

Who are you all referencing when mentioning "Charmander"?

Also, I'm in need of a TE this week as Eifert is on a bye.

In standard scoring, am I better picking up L. Donnell or Z. Ertz this week?

Chardonnay West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dren posted:

Chardonnay West

Wait that's not right it's Charkendrick Lamar Miller

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Value comparison extravaganza

How does my Jordan Matthews for his Shady sound?

My RBs, in order of PPG in 1ppr: Vereen, Hillman, Chris Thompson, Melvin Gordon, CJA, Spiller, Antonio Andrews good Lord this list.

My WRs: Fitzgerald, ODB, Matthews, Crabs, Diggs

Bradford can only throw well when he's not under pressure. He is like a better version of Blaine Gabbert and I don't see him improving Matthews' floor. I'm open to the idea of throwing in an RB that isn't Hillman. Would consider Vereen + Matthews to get the deal done.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Suave Fedora posted:

My RBs, in order of PPG in 1ppr: Vereen, Hillman, Chris Thompson, Melvin Gordon, CJA, Spiller, Antonio Andrews good Lord this list.

Bradford can only throw well when he's not under pressure. He is like a better version of Blaine Gabbert and I don't see him improving Matthews' floor. I'm open to the idea of throwing in an RB that isn't Hillman. Would consider Vereen + Matthews to get the deal done.

you need serious RB help....I would take that trade.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Unless the other owners is super stacked at RB and weak at WR, I don't think you'll be getting it done with that. Matthews hasn't done much in the last 3-4 weeks, while Shady just put up a big game and has been solid this year when he's played. Plus no more Karlos right now to vulture touchdowns.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

Unless the other owners is super stacked at RB and weak at WR, I don't think you'll be getting it done with that. Matthews hasn't done much in the last 3-4 weeks, while Shady just put up a big game and has been solid this year when he's played. Plus no more Karlos right now to vulture touchdowns.

Agreed. But if you can do it, you absolutely should.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's just an offer that I just floated out to him, nothing set in stone yet. his initial reaction "it's not a bad deal but i have 50 WRs lol"

i think I can do some damage here. He has Nuke, Hurns, Watkins, Garcon, ...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sorry to go off topic, but can someone recommend a site for fantasy basketball rankings? The Fantasy Basketball thread is pretty much non-existent, and I have a draft tonight.

Edit: Perfect, thank you sir.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 22, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.basketballmonster.com for good, weighted, statistic-based rankings. You can punt categories and re-rank there too. But that doesn't include projections, it's just based on last year's stats. Try Red Rock Fantasy Basketball for more individual recommendations

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chimeric posted:

I need some opinions: if somebody in my league is going to be in jail until after Sunday kickoffs, should I (as commissioner) set their lineup for them? This would involve switching out their flex (bye week) and possibly QB (depending on Mariota's health situation). Why or why not?

Yeah, just use fantasypros rankings or something for that week for an unbiased lineup. Also, you can't ask for advice like that without telling us why they're in jail.

Lazarus Long
Dec 13, 2002
I am struggling this week with Bye's and injuries. Looking for a little advice on my RB squad. In a non PPR league.

I have Lacy on Bye.

Other choices

Chris Johnson
Andre Ellington
Dion Lewis
Joseph Randle

Nary a one of my team broke 5 points last week, though Randle was off. Not sure what the situation is in Arizona between Chris and Andre. Lewis is still hurt and facing the Jets D. Randle might be splitting time with MIchael.

I could also dump my backup QB and try to pick up a FA, though the pickings are slim and it would likely be just as much of a gamble.

Any thoughts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Miko posted:

Anyone else on the Diggs wagon? I am seriously considering starting him over Jordan Matthews this week.

I picked him up but I'm starting Decker over Matthews anyway. As good as Diggs has been I want that sweet sweet WR2 action vs NE.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Lazarus Long posted:

I am struggling this week with Bye's and injuries. Looking for a little advice on my RB squad. In a non PPR league.

I have Lacy on Bye.

Other choices

Chris Johnson
Andre Ellington
Dion Lewis
Joseph Randle

Nary a one of my team broke 5 points last week, though Randle was off. Not sure what the situation is in Arizona between Chris and Andre. Lewis is still hurt and facing the Jets D. Randle might be splitting time with MIchael.

I could also dump my backup QB and try to pick up a FA, though the pickings are slim and it would likely be just as much of a gamble.

Any thoughts?

I think Chris Johnson and Dion Lewis are fine, probably better than whatever is on the waiver.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Alfred Morris hit waivers in my 12-man league. I have Gurley, Lacy, Hill, and Martin already. I want to pick him up but am I collecting too many running backs here?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Alfred Morris hit waivers in my 12-man league. I have Gurley, Lacy, Hill, and Martin already. I want to pick him up but am I collecting too many running backs here?

Never. But who would you drop?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Why can't I be in these leagues with the retards you guys play with? :(

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Never. But who would you drop?

Stefon Diggs, probably

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Stefon Diggs, probably

If you aren't relying on him and it's not a keeper league, go for it. I do like Diggs' upside in PPR though.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

ESPN Standard Scoring and roster. Was approached about a trade for Blount (initial offer was Martavis Bryant).

My relevant roster (I am somehow 1-5 in this league):

QB: Matt Ryan, Big Ben
RB: Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller, LeGarrette Blount, TJ Yeldon, Char West, Christine Michael, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Vincent Jackson

His relevant roster:

QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
RB: Carlos Hyde, Chris Ivory, Rashad Jennings, Knile Davis
WR: Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Steve Smith, Martavis Bryant, Brandon LaFell

Was going to try to get Steve Smith + Martavis Bryant for VJax + Blount. Thoughts?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Shath Hole posted:

Steve Smith Sr. just got dropped for the second time this year, which (imo) owns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you aren't relying on him and it's not a keeper league, go for it. I do like Diggs' upside in PPR though.

Diggs looks like a real football player and the nominal safety valve guy for Bridgewater, and Teddy is good enough to hit him all day. Someone scooped him in my league real quick too which pisses me off to no end.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Steve Smith Sr. just got dropped for the second time this year, which (imo) owns

What? How in the...:psyduck:

Doltos! What's up buddy?!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Shath Hole posted:

Is this post about Alfred Morris being on waivers? Am I missing something? Morris has been pretty universally terrible this season, as a fantasy player. In my PPR league, he's only had double digit points once, in week 1. And he's had 2 weeks with less than 2 points. I don't see a reason anyone should own him.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 22, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

Is this post about Alfred Morris being on waivers? Am I missing something? Morris has been pretty universally terrible this season, as a fantasy player. In my PPR league, he's only had double digit points once, in week 1. And he's had two weeks with less than 2 points. I don't see a reason anyone should own him.

I would cut morris if I needed a bye week replacement.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
In a vacuum, who would you rather have rest of season:

Forte or Foster?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Aguamoose posted:

In a vacuum, who would you rather have rest of season:

Forte or Foster?

PPR?

edit: Either way I think I'd say Forte, because I don't trust Foster to stay healthy. But if it's PPR, I definitely say Forte.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I cut Morris 3 weeks ago and even if he turns it around (but doesn't catch total fire) it was still worth it.

Cutting Jeremy Hill last week, okay, that was a little dicier.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Is this post about Alfred Morris being on waivers? Am I missing something? Morris has been pretty universally terrible this season, as a fantasy player. In my PPR league, he's only had double digit points once, in week 1. And he's had 2 weeks with less than 2 points. I don't see a reason anyone should own him.

It was. I guess I didn't realize how bad he is doing this year. I just looked at his stats, what the hell are they doing to Alf out there in Washington? He has been one of the most consistent fantasy backs for the past few years!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Shath Hole posted:

It was. I guess I didn't realize how bad he is doing this year. I just looked at his stats, what the hell are they doing to Alf out there in Washington? He has been one of the most consistent fantasy backs for the past few years!

I agree. He doesn't blow up, but always gets a good 9-14 points per week. Not this year though ouch.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Who would you rather pick up RoS as both are on the waiver wire currently.

Eric Ebron
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Coby Fleener
Kyle Rudolph

I am dropping Toby Gerhart for one of them, and need insurance because I keep rolling out "Chips Wild Rild" after thought Ertz every week.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Is Jordan Reed a viable starting TE ROS when he comes back from his concussion (hopefully this week).

Every ranking and ROS chart ive seen has him listed fairly low. Is there a reason for this?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reik posted:

Also, you can't ask for advice like that without telling us why they're in jail.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

Is Jordan Reed a viable starting TE ROS when he comes back from his concussion (hopefully this week).

Every ranking and ROS chart ive seen has him listed fairly low. Is there a reason for this?

He was good before he got Permacussed. But he had concussion issues last year so be wary.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

TommyGun85 posted:

his brains are soup so he's going to be back in concussion protocol before the end of the season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

Yes. 13.2 ppg in .5 ppr for the games he played fully in.

But he's about as durable as a glass pipette so have a rosterable backup handy.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Should I hold onto Charles Clay until Jimmy Graham's bye, week 9? I'm in an 8 team league so there are a few other decent TE free agents, so I'm thinking it might be a better idea to bolster my RB corps. .5PPR 6PTD yahoo

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
There are few drudgeries in life worse than waiting for a guy - who is already a pain in the rear end to consistently communicate with - to accept an agreed-to trade.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Suave Fedora posted:

There are few drudgeries in life worse than waiting for a guy - who is already a pain in the rear end to consistently communicate with - to accept an agreed-to trade.

worse is when no one in your league ever rejects proposals, they just never respond to them.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Stefon Diggs, probably

Dropped Morris for Diggs. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

TommyGun85 posted:

worse is when no one in your league ever rejects proposals, they just never respond to them.
Yeah I am trying to get people to stop doing this. Sometimes it's inattention but with the more conniving guys it's "well I'll just keep this on tap and if my dude breaks ok the deal"

• Locked thread