Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I still do not understand why anyone would vote for Ben Carson.

Because a sizable percentage of GOP primary voters are religious extremists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've kind of always thought Rubio was the "actual" candidate.

If he can avoid getting into an asinine pissing match with Trump he very well may be

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've kind of always thought Rubio was the "actual" candidate.

If he can avoid getting into an asinine pissing match with Trump he very well may be

I just can't take Rubio serious.
Of course, I was really worried about Walker, so what do I know? :w00t:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z50IXLstrDY

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because they are the sort of people for whom God, Guns, and Patriotism is paramount, even at the cost of people's lives.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that Hillary is in front of the Benghazi committee at 10 am EST this morning.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Reminder that Hillary is in front of the Benghazi committee at 10 am EST this morning.

All morning the news has been trumping up the super mega countdown to the showdown inquisition of secretary Clinton. Stunning shots like an SUV parked outside her place and people arranging chairs and photographers readying equipment oh my!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

here's a thread to have intelligent discussion about it as it happens
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747973&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post451766923

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is amazing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That's right, GOP. Eat your own.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bush is starting to get that Walker stink on him if you ask me.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is amazing.

I was going to bitch about him posting an image with no link, but...
Google image search tells me that is a FEMA image. http://www.fema.gov/community-emergency-response-teams

I don't care how hosed up that is, it was worth it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Ryan is full of Greek men?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Bush is starting to get that Walker stink on him if you ask me.

I'm really impressed with Trump right now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

quote:

Jeb BushVerified account
‏@JebBush
Benghazi security failures were a stunning example of an incompetent foreign policy. @HillaryClinton’s role as SOS deserves scrutiny today.

:chloe:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
The US Government has canceled an upcoming sale of treasury bonds because of the debt ceiling standoff with Congress

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fried Chicken posted:

The US Government has canceled an upcoming sale of treasury bonds because of the debt ceiling standoff with Congress

This is good for bitcoin because...

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It must be fascinating to live in a world where cognitive dissonance just blinds you to all irony everywhere. I mean, I can categorically state that when that was tweeted the writer didn't look at this and go "If you replace Benghazi with 9/11, this is an equally stunning indictment of his brother's failures."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have like 30000 Korean Won in my pocket will that help me survive the immediate aftermath of the debt limit being hit?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

greatn posted:

I have like 30000 Korean Won in my pocket will that help me survive the immediate aftermath of the debt limit being hit?

I've got a £5 note in one of my old jackets so I will be okay.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fried Chicken posted:

I dug into this because I was curious. They canceled the auction today for two year notes, but not 5 or 7. They felt that this would disrupt the market less than canceling the auction outright even though they don't think they'll have the money to pay for them.

The government will have 30bn on hand november 3rd. It spends 60bn a day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/10/22/treasury-postpones-bond-sale-debt-limit-nears/74380176/

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

In an alternative universe, this guy's one heartbeat away from the presidency, but now he's part of the big gay conspiracy? What?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

Every economy in the world is in some way connected to the US bond market, so no. Myself, I've bought two pairs of pants sans-culottes and have downloaded instructions for building a guillotine in my garage, so I think I'm ready.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

Paul Ryan doesn't really seem that bright of a guy honestly.

He married up and is in his position mostly because he's good at looking smart without having to wear glasses. But he's a giant hypocrite who got through school on social security payments he now wants to cut, and who demanded the same family leave he denied to federal employees. I'm amazed he was enough of a chump to cave before he even got the job, but long term he's far less moderate than boehner and his selection will be bad for the country. But I guess the possible alternatives are worse.

I actually went and looked recently to see if Americans could legally move to England under a "the revolution was a mistake, I'm a loyalist" theory, but they seem to have closed that loophole. >_<

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just remind myself that everyone was also freaking out the last time this happened and readying their go bags to no avail.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

This graph is breaking my brain

Not only is the extrapolation nonsensical, the axes meaningless, and the source absent, but it also paints Obama in a very positive light

Don't worry, he had a Path to Prosperity that would fix it!

:pwn:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

I just remind myself that everyone was also freaking out the last time this happened and readying their go bags to no avail.

what are you talking about

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dug into this because I was curious. They canceled the auction today for two year notes, but not 5 or 7. They felt that this would disrupt the market less than canceling the auction outright even though they don't think they'll have the money to pay for them.

The government will have 30bn on hand november 3rd. It spends 60bn a day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/10/22/treasury-postpones-bond-sale-debt-limit-nears/74380176/

I heard they can push it out to the 6th by repeatedly telling people 'Oh I mailed the check on Friday, I am sure it will be there in a couple days. Weekend mail you know, haha!' and then not answering their phone for the rest of the day. Seems like a plan.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Go bags will not save you from the coming debt ceiling; you cannot prepare for the end, you can only accept it. :(

Also the committee is going:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328699-1/hillary-clinton-testimony-house-select-committee-benghazi&live

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Democrats don't prep, they plan to die in a crisis blurting out "see?" <:mad:>

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
This race to the bottom for the speakership is almost as interesting as during the Clinton impeachment era, where Gingrich/Livingston/Hastert were all having affairs and lying about it.

I remember watching live when Bob Livingston resigned, it was like the train was going off the tracks while the entire GOP was aboard. You just knew that this was the point where the "stoic" GOP leadership went from frayed to completely falling apart.

I have that same feeling now, and drat it feels good to be a gangster.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Everyone being sure the US is going to default on its debt.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Everyone being sure the US is going to default on its debt.

I don't think we will, and I think most sane people aren't saying that, but they're saying there's a higher than there ever should be chance because of political factors. Like there's deffo enough votes to pass a clean debt limit hike, but it comes at political risk for Ryan (or whoever is speaker) to do so. Even more so now because the HFC is now emboldened more than ever. That is different than the last time we had this fight because they weren't bold enough to actually move on ousting Boehner. They are now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kai Ryssdal of Marketplace with a 1 hour interview Charles Koch and he doesn't pull any punches: http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/corner-office/full-interview-charles-koch

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/22/us/st-louis-church-burnings/
The War on Christianity continues in St. Louis with 7 arsons in the last 11 days at predominantly black churches.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

Iirc Ryan was ludicrously bad at debating and would often just make things up.

It's not just that he'd make poo poo up, but he'd make poo poo up in ways that were entirely unconvincing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mo_Steel posted:

Don't worry, he had a Path to Prosperity that would fix it!

:pwn:
For some reason I can't not see that as a giant pile of cocaine on his desk, Scarface style.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He's thinking of the debt ceiling 2 times ago, in October 2013, not the one in February 2014 or March 2015

We do a lot of bullshit theatrics where we gamble with things we shouldn't to appease Fox News viewers, it is easy to get them messed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm really impressed with Trump right now.

If Rubio's not having weekly war council segments devoted specifically to "how do I keep Donald Trump from adding my decapitated head to the pile", he's in deep trouble.

• Locked thread