Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The employer will be the guy in the driving seat. This will be Joe Bloggs trading as APC so it may look profesional but is just a guy and his mates doing building work.

If it is he's pretty dumb. Everyone else getting held up behind in the middle lane can see the company name as they pass.
I've been an employee in a marked van, plus also been self employed and I would never do that. There's no way of telling how much poo poo you could get in either way.

I would never do that even if anonymous either it must be said. That's the work of a true lunatic.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Throw the book.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Just watched an Impala back into a Protoge hard enough to move it a few inches, then drive away. I didn't catch the plate, but the ladies in the Nissan in front of me caught up to them and got it. They were going to add it to the note I left on the window.

I took a photo and I can make out the last four or five numbers and I'm guessing they live in the apartment building they were backing out of, so hopefully they get a chance to pay up.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Pretty much van drivers in a nutshell.

They make Audi/BMW drivers seem like saints

Quite unusual to see one in front of you: usually, they are 3" off your rear bumper.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Jeherrin posted:

Throw the book.
Yep. Thing is, having used it myself recently, this system updates really quickly. That thing is definitely a month past its last MOT.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 18, 2015

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.

InitialDave posted:

Yep. Thing is, having used it myself recently, this system updates really quickly. That thing is definitely a month past its last MOT.

Over here if you miss your APK date by more than two workdays, you'll get a ticket in the mail pretty much automatically.
Fail to comply and your license plates are flagged as being revoked. The second you pass any catchken equipped cop car, they will pull you over, impound your car, and bill you for the pleasure.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm not suggesting it'd be easy to find out where he lives and have some lads pull out his fingernails with pliers and dump him in a field tied up in a sack.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

InitialDave posted:

The cruising speeds I experienced across 3 states while in the US were noticeably lower than in the UK, and the driving in general seemed far less aggressive, including in cities. I'd have no problems taking a generic UK-spec 1.4 hatchback or whatever on US highways.

Anyway, here's our knob of the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kVKJPpzy0U

Oh dear.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

In a span of less than a minute, I got to test my brakes and how long I can sustain a horn blast twice. Twice.

Both of them are on this picture:

Burnside turns into a winding 40 mph road with two lanes going west and one lane going east. Traffic was light as hell going west and I was in the left lane cruising at 45. Honestly, these turns and poo poo are fun. There was one car in the right lane that was far enough ahead and going fast enough that I was 100% visible to them.

1. Car in the right lane begins to drop speed, slam their brakes, hit the signal, and loving TURN left across my lane to park or something. I'm going 45 ish when I see them start to lose speed so I just get this feeling that something loving dumb is going to happen, so I slow down. There isn't anyone behind me, so it's okay. Dude slams his brakes, flips the turn signal, and doesn't swerve into my lane, but just turns. If I hadn't had seen what he was doing from the start, I would have driven right through his drivers side door. I came to a complete stop with him feet from me and I just laid on the horn for a good 30 seconds and flipped him off the entire time. Dude had a solid 10 minutes to get into the left lane and then turn, but nah, he saw a spot and took it. Also, there was a loving flipped over car off to the side right near where he wanted to park.

2. I'm stunned. My jaw is hanging low and I'm still in disbelief when garbagedick number 2 happens. I'm still in the left lane, no cars around me going my direction, light traffic going in the opposite lane. I'm back up to around 35 at this point when I see this dude in a Sentra at a stop sign to my right decides to make his turn NOW instead of waiting for me to pass. His lane isn't clear, so he turns into my lane going head on with me. I slam on my brakes again and lay on my horn and flip off another dickbag in a span of like a minute.

There were a fuckton of other geniuses out there today. I seriously need a dashcam. Portland drivers are loving idiots.

Someone turned left across my lane on Taylor's Ferry the other day; I almost died. I blame transplants for all the bad driving lately. Need to get my Mobius wired in. I'm going to put together a local meet, you should come.

blk fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 19, 2015

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

blk posted:

Someone turned left across my lane on Taylor's Ferry the other day; I almost died. I blame transplants for all the bad driving lately. Need to get my Mobius wired in. I'm going to put together a local meet, you should come.

I used to live on Taylor's Ferry. Near Uncle Johns horrible pizza. I almost died many days on that road.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
E: NM

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ludicro posted:

Oh dear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boss-driver-centre-m62-road-6661101

quote:

The boss of a van driver who was caught on camera slamming on the brakes in the middle of the M62 motorway says he has fired his employee.

The manager of APC Lofts in Salford, Greater Manchester, who did not want to be named for fears over his safety, said he was ‘appalled’ at the driving of one of his former joiners on the busy motorway.

He said the joiner has since been fired after the road rage incident caught on a lorry's dash-cam on October 12.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

quote:

It was a bee, or somethin'

https://www.facebook.com/eric.sanders.585/videos/10206338559935597/?fref=nf

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
How the hell does he stay so calm?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I saw this today after hearing the notification in the supermarket. That Wrangler is parked.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw an AMG just sitting in the middle of the road today with the right front tire just sitting about 100 ft further along. There wasn't even an accident, it looks like the bolts just weren't tight enough or something. Stupid loving thing to mess up on a car that fast.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Car driver: Crum was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Monday afternoon. We asked Crum if he would like the chance to apologize.

"To her," he said, referring to Sanders' girlfriend. "But to him, no. Because he was doing something illegal."

Motorcycle rider: As for Sanders, police say he's now been cited for passing in a no-passing zone and driving with an invalid license.

Motorcycle passenger: His girlfriend, who was riding with him on the motorcycle, remains in the hospital with serious injuries.

----------

Everybody loses!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

The Locator posted:

Car driver: Crum was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Monday afternoon. We asked Crum if he would like the chance to apologize.

"To her," he said, referring to Sanders' girlfriend. "But to him, no. Because he was doing something illegal."

Motorcycle rider: As for Sanders, police say he's now been cited for passing in a no-passing zone and driving with an invalid license.

Motorcycle passenger: His girlfriend, who was riding with him on the motorcycle, remains in the hospital with serious injuries.

----------

Everybody loses!

What's important is that everyone can take a life (or most of it) with impunity, so long as they can make the case that their victim was the 'bad guy!'

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

The video perfectly combines the stupidity of bike riders with the stupidity of car drivers. Morons.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
"He crossed the double yellow, if i had had my shotgun i would have shot him, but i didn't so i had to improvise." (Not an actual quote)) Death penalty to minor traffic infractions. I wonder what else he thinks deserves the death penalty. Walking on his lawn most assuredly. Would he drive over pedestrians who cross where there isn't a crossing? He'd probably stomp on the gas.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
That's perfectly in line with some people in this thread.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

wayfinder posted:

That's perfectly in line with some people in this thread.

Only against bicyclists though.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
William crum has priors.

He's stolen cars, committed domestic violence, and been found guilty of making terroristic threats. I can't wait to see how this shakes out.

FAKE EDIT:

As i said in another thread, I bet the shitstain cares now:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
That edit looks real to me!

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

wayfinder posted:

That edit looks real to me!

A spider bit my groin, it was automatic.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I saw a guy a little bit ahead of me almost hit a curb with his car going down a straight road. I noticed his head was down and assumed texting while driving. I catch up to him and get a better look and, nope, he's just eating a plate of nachos.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FOR SALE: Honda Odyssey, clean carpets!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

FOR SALE: Honda Odyssey, clean carpets!

I assume this is the stupid woman that was the water rescue on the radio this morning. She was upset that the firefighters who rescued her didn't get her shopping bags out with her.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yes, that was this morning's rescue. I didn't catch the bit about shopping bags, holy poo poo. How loving entitled do you have to be to make a team of people come get you after driving into a flooded wash, and be mad that they didn't risk their lives for your loving shopping?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

The Locator posted:

I assume this is the stupid woman that was the water rescue on the radio this morning. She was upset that the firefighters who rescued her didn't get her shopping bags out with her.

"Sure, we'll go get your bags, but you're going back in the van to get them", leaves once she climbs back in.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I've always been a little unsure of that as a name for a car, but I guess that there's not that much danger of people taking the message "Buy our vehicle if you like the idea of taking more than a decade to get home while dozens of other men try to bang your wife in your absence"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

InitialDave posted:

I've always been a little unsure of that as a name for a car, but I guess that there's not that much danger of people taking the message "Buy our vehicle if you like the idea of taking more than a decade to get home while dozens of other men try to bang your wife in your absence"

Hey, Honda knows the market they're trying to reach.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Safety Dance posted:

Hey, Honda knows the market they're trying to reach.

People who don't read Greek classics? :haw:

I saw a quickie interview with a tow truck driver someplace that was getting a lot of flooding. He was saying newer cars are so watertight they just start floating in a foot or two of water and then you're just along for the ride :ohdear:

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

priznat posted:

I saw a quickie interview with a tow truck driver someplace that was getting a lot of flooding. He was saying newer cars are so watertight they just start floating in a foot or two of water and then you're just along for the ride :ohdear:

Hell, even if they don't float at all, a couple feet of moving water can easily wash a car away, and even the slightest bit of buoyancy will just make it that much quicker. People generally have no concept of just how much energy is actually transferred by flowing water pushing against several square feet of car body.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
OMG BUT I NEED TO TURN LEFT NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaboAGGnO3A
:argh:

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
While I'm filling up my gas tank this morning a guy pulls up to the pump next to me, and walks across the lot and into the building. I finish up and as I'm starting my car and getting ready to pull away from my pump, he gets into his car and pulls out ahead of me. Never got any gas, just wanted to park there. It's a decent sized station and there is plenty of parking along the front and sides of the building. I guess the side of the building was just too far for him to walk so somebody wanted to get gas can just sit and wait until he's done.

So he pulls out onto the side street, and at the end of that street runs the red light to turn left (west) across two lanes of east-bound traffic without even slowing down a little bit.

I don't know if he was just so caught up in his own little jackass world that he wasn't paying attention, or if he just didn't give a poo poo, gently caress everybody else.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Murphys Law posted:

While I'm filling up my gas tank this morning a guy pulls up to the pump next to me, and walks across the lot and into the building. I finish up and as I'm starting my car and getting ready to pull away from my pump, he gets into his car and pulls out ahead of me. Never got any gas, just wanted to park there. It's a decent sized station and there is plenty of parking along the front and sides of the building. I guess the side of the building was just too far for him to walk so somebody wanted to get gas can just sit and wait until he's done.

So he pulls out onto the side street, and at the end of that street runs the red light to turn left (west) across two lanes of east-bound traffic without even slowing down a little bit.

I don't know if he was just so caught up in his own little jackass world that he wasn't paying attention, or if he just didn't give a poo poo, gently caress everybody else.

this is dreadfully common in orlando.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I feel like maybe I've been overly considerate by, after getting gas, moving my car to an actual parking spot before going into the gas station to purchase whatever.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Murphys Law posted:

gently caress that guy. If I want to go in after getting gas, I move to a non-fuel parking spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

PT6A posted:

I feel like maybe I've been overly considerate by, after getting gas, moving my car to an actual parking spot before going into the gas station to purchase whatever.

i do the same, maybe its a courtesy thing?

spitting into a hurricane maybe?