Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Captain Duvel posted:

Gonna need a link for that shirt

http://www.dirtynailsbloodyknuckles.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

62+GB download on my lovely 1.5Mbps DSL - Horray!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dreesemonkey posted:

That's weird, all I had to do was pop the disk in my 360

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

That's weird, all I had to do was pop the disk in my 360

It's 50GB on the Xbone.

Basically it's not the same game.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I guess I like to torture myself or something.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Android Bicyclist posted:

As for recent purchases:

Being sick sucks.

I never noticed the "no store brand" label. I thought that was required? I've bought Walmart generic NyQuil many times before.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I never noticed the "no store brand" label. I thought that was required? I've bought Walmart generic NyQuil many times before.

Vicks doesn't make it. It comes out of SOME OTHER Chinese factory with 10-cent-per-hour workers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Walmart's generic equivalent is called Equate.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

A lot of store brand stuff is literally the exact same product from the same line, just with different labeling, Vick's is trying to make it clear that they don't do that. Some other company is making the store brand, and it might have the exact same chemical composition, but Vick's isn't making it so you can't be sure.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Glottis posted:

A lot of store brand stuff is literally the exact same product from the same line, just with different labeling, Vick's is trying to make it clear that they don't do that. Some other company is making the store brand, and it might have the exact same chemical composition, but Vick's isn't making it so you can't be sure.

Yeah, that's more of what I meant. I know generic is the exact same (by law, must be the same active ingredient), but it feels like a disingenuous marketing ploy saying this exact same thing with the exact same ingredients isn't made by us so therefore no other version of our medicine exists.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Yeah, that's more of what I meant. I know generic is the exact same (by law, must be the same active ingredient), but it feels like a disingenuous marketing ploy saying this exact same thing with the exact same ingredients isn't made by us so therefore no other version of our medicine exists.

I don't think it's quite that nefarious. They're playing off of brand-loyalty and brand-recognition. In essence they're saying "Hey, we've been around for a long time and are a known quantity. And while other products are just the same item with different labels, ours isn't like that. So why take a chance the off brand might not be as effective or have different side effects?"

And usually in those cases other than the *active* ingredient, the off-brand will usually have different buffering, coloring and flavoring agents. It's not that no other version of this medicine exists, it's just no other version is as good qualitatively speaking. While they may be functionally the same.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.
SWAG TIME

I got this sweater for cheaps, now I can have two tacky Christmas sweaters.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Bummer, they only make male cut shirts :sigh:

Verimus
Oct 1, 2009

After a fair bit of research into far more expensive pairs, I bought a pair of relatively cheap 12 inch shears to use in my home workshop. We have some beautiful 50+ year old pairs in the shop, but I'm only there half the week. The little ones are buttonhole scissors, almost as difficult to find.

Verimus has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Oct 22, 2015

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

Hey forums user dreesemonkey, how goes your download?

:negative: It keeps timing out and I manually have to restart the download.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
More whisky goodness

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me, what's a good Japanese whisky to start with? I'm a bourbon drinker generally, if that makes a difference.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I really enjoyed the Hibiki and Hakushu, I've only ever had Yamazaki at a bar but it's pretty fine as well.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Today is my 30th birthday. You fuckers in the last few posts are making me consider buying some Johnny Walker Blue (Black is probably my favorite budget whiskey)

edit: Probably gonna try this instead: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/nikka-from-the-barrel-whisky/

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Oct 22, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Today is my 30th birthday. You fuckers in the last few posts are making me consider buying some Johnny Walker Blue (Black is probably my favorite budget whiskey)

It's your birthday. FFS you are allowed to treat yourself on your birthday.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
These should be waiting for me when I get home.

Click for huge

Edit: in person, the color is more of a warm grey. Dunno why they jacked up the saturation so much for the photo.

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Oct 22, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Hey forums user dreesemonkey, how goes your download?

:negative: It keeps timing out and I manually have to restart the download.

I hope you're not downloading just because of the low rider update., cause I've got some bad news :ohdear:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Erudite Sybarite posted:

SWAG TIME

I got this sweater for cheaps, now I can have two tacky Christmas sweaters.

Hey! I just bought mine too! Although I would just figure you could wear your normal gear to achieve optimal tackiness.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Oddhair posted:

I really enjoyed the Hibiki and Hakushu, I've only ever had Yamazaki at a bar but it's pretty fine as well.

The Yamazaki 12 year is great, I like it better than the Hibiki. I used to always keep it on hand but then it was sold out for a while and when I came back it was 1/3 more expensive. :(

aricoarena has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Oct 22, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So I can put them on my lifting cage for other options in getting myself fitter.

And two of these because why not?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

88h88 posted:

because why not?

It's a child, not a choice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kinky! :pervert:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nexus 6P 64gb Graphite color.

My wallet now hurts.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

rotaryfun posted:

Hey! I just bought mine too! Although I would just figure you could wear your normal gear to achieve optimal tackiness.

They sell over the knee Penguins slipper sock boot things, it could be even tackier.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Because my old thermometer had an accident and I decided not to get a cheap piece of poo poo this time.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Digital_Jesus posted:

Because my old thermometer had an accident and I decided not to get a cheap piece of poo poo this time.

Thermapens rule. I just got their new oven probe and it's pretty great too.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Nexus 6P 64gb Graphite color.

My wallet now hurts.

pre order or have i missed this?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

rotaryfun posted:

Nice, I got mine last year, love that 8-bit Capitol and hockey puck trim.

This year I got this

12 game ticket package for me, my wife, and my father in law to the local AHL team.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Nice! I joined the season ticket holder club this year myself.

Sharing the season with my brother in law.

The box is awesome. Slides out to show the full stadium. The picture is from game 4 with the Rangers last year in playoffs.

rotaryfun has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Oct 22, 2015

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ormy posted:

pre order or have i missed this?

Yea pre-order.

Huawei refilled their stock just today and within an hour or so it was sold out again. I believe Google did as well and sold out fast.

I got mine from Huawei over Google. Google does offer $50 store gift card and 90 days of Google Music for free and a 3rd color choice.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea pre-order.

Huawei refilled their stock just today and within an hour or so it was sold out again. I believe Google did as well and sold out fast.

I got mine from Huawei over Google. Google does offer $50 store gift card and 90 days of Google Music for free and a 3rd color choice.

Shame the thing's so loving huge you could propel a sailboat with it. I'm on the list for a 5X to replace my 5, and even that's bordering too big.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Sigma X posted:

Shame the thing's so loving huge you could propel a sailboat with it. I'm on the list for a 5X to replace my 5, and even that's bordering too big.

Yea, I still love my five, but can't see a severe price drop anytime soon. I might as well upgrade now right?

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

rotaryfun posted:

Nice! I joined the season ticket holder club this year myself.

Sharing the season with my brother in law.

The box is awesome. Slides out to show the full stadium. The picture is from game 4 with the Rangers last year in playoffs.

That's a super cool purchase. I would love to buy my mom season tickets for her favourite team, but she's a Leafs fan. :negative:

There's a 20+ year waiting list to buy from the team, and if you want to buy someone's "licence" (i.e. right of first refusal for particular seats' season tickets), they're around $70,000 for 300-level ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Josh Lyman posted:

edit: Probably gonna try this instead: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/nikka-from-the-barrel-whisky/

Johnny Walker blue is a complete waste of money, you could probably get two bottles of something nicer for the same price. The Nikka is very good.