Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like Trump shown to be checking Fiorina out in this one.

And her looking away in non-interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

katlington posted:

Lol so many words just to say tax holiday.

I got more of a "I only perfected using US corporate law to bully corporate boards and leech money and now companies are moving to places where that doesn't work and congress should stop them from being big meanies because if I can't have that money nobody should :qq:" feel.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully Christie and Paul next to each other will result in another spat over who hugged whom

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sir Tonk posted:

He stood up to Obama and is black.

Yeah I get that. But the question implied like actually reading news and nodding "yeah he would totally kick that shooter's rear end except that time he didn't."

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Patter Song posted:

If they agree with these, we'll have a new normal with Carson leading Iowa and Trump leading NH, which might turn the narrative from Trump Dominates to Trump/Carson Horserace.

I hope this leads to Trump teaming up with Carson and them completely dominating the Republican primary.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
That Quinnipiac poll also has Rand Paul beating Bush and Fiorina with 6% to their 5%, which means that the poll is either an outlier or holy lols, Bush

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't know who Supergirl is, but this is probably the least dumb thing he's said in his campaign (that is, if she is indeed hot).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

remember this was supposed to be the strongest GOP field in years

That's the hosed up part, it is

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I hope this leads to Trump teaming up with Carson and them completely dominating the Republican primary.

I'd love Trump Carson getting clowned on in debates against a Clinton Sanders ticket.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes, but only because Trump is pulling up the average.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I don't know who Supergirl is, but this is probably the least dumb thing he's said in his campaign (that is, if she is indeed hot).

Someone one third his age and aimed at the tween girl market.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now I just hope Jeb is over sixty.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He's 62, she's 24 (in the story).

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Melissa Benoist is 27

e: Jeb also said, "That'll make the news," which is actually kind of funny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yes, she's 27 in real life. The character she's playing is 24.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shadow puppet of a posted:

Is this still the projected lineup for the Oct 28th debate?

Because Lindsey Graham getting refused a spot at the kids table is hilarious and them going with a 2.5% cutoff to avoid losing Jeb! but getting again saddled with Christie Huck and Rand as a consequence is also amusing. Another noise-machine debate I guess.

No, Graham is in. He managed to eke out a 1% in one of their qualifying polls.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Jeb!'s "Shes' pretty hot" comment is so tone deaf and creepy. Weird part is I doubt he even thinks she's that hot, he just wanted to connect with "dudes" or something.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

Jeb!'s "Shes' pretty hot" comment is so tone deaf and creepy. Weird part is I doubt he even thinks she's that hot, he just wanted to connect with "dudes" or something.

Yea that's the impression I got. Like out of touch parents trying to connect with their teenage children.

"Hey dudes, you know your parents were pretty, Cool, back in the day."

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
cue up Mitt Romney singing(?) Who Let the Dogs Out

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Powercrazy posted:

Yea that's the impression I got. Like out of touch parents trying to connect with their teenage children.

"Hey dudes, you know your parents were pretty, Cool, back in the day."

Jeb! is Jerry from Rick and Morty.

Why not Jeb?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Patter Song posted:

IA poll from Quinnipiac and Donald's in a bit of trouble.

Carson 28
Trump 20
Rubio 13
Cruz 10
Paul 6
Jeb!/Fiorina 5
Jindal/Kasich 3
Huckabee 2
Christie/Santorum 1

It'll be interesting to see if other IA polls confirm this. Carson is a great fit for Iowa and matches the Huckabee/Santofum profile of IA winners, apparently better than Huckabee and Santorum do.

It seems the Trump...has been Stumped.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how well the Jeb campaign is going!

Technically true!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

It seems the Trump...has been Stumped.

Club For Growth are taking credit for it stating that their million dollar ad buy last month caused this.

They are of course now asking for even more money from donors who want to further stump the Trump.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Now that Carson has established himself as the only non-clown who can effectively challenge Trump, does Trump revoke their non-aggression pact? I don't think he will just because Carson's very nature (quiet, friendly, not even challenging Trump on anti-vaccine bullshit) makes him really hard to attack. The GOP voters seem to universally like Carson, and attacking him would probably just backfire.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

IA poll from Quinnipiac and Donald's in a bit of trouble.

Carson 28
Trump 20
Rubio 13
Cruz 10
Paul 6
Jeb!/Fiorina 5
Jindal/Kasich 3
Huckabee 2
Christie/Santorum 1

It'll be interesting to see if other IA polls confirm this. Carson is a great fit for Iowa and matches the Huckabee/Santofum profile of IA winners, apparently better than Huckabee and Santorum do.

Ha ha ha Trump is being led by an even more insane choice in this particular poll

beautiful

I just want to take this primary and put it in a bottle so I can keep this feeling forever

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Carson is even less likely to be run as a candidate? Maybe?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Subvisual Haze posted:

Now that Carson has established himself as the only non-clown who can effectively challenge Trump, does Trump revoke their non-aggression pact? I don't think he will just because Carson's very nature (quiet, friendly, not even challenging Trump on anti-vaccine bullshit) makes him really hard to attack. The GOP voters seem to universally like Carson, and attacking him would probably just backfire.

Which is funny because its really to find things about Carson to criticize

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Carson has kind of flown under the radar a bit in terms of non-right wing media, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight. (I'm assuming not very well, but we'll see!)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Subvisual Haze posted:

Trump is a madman so who knows what he will do. I think he and Carson will keep the peace though. Trump has too much to lose if he starts attacking Carson.

whydirt posted:

Carson has kind of flown under the radar a bit in terms of non-right wing media, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight. (I'm assuming not very well, but we'll see!)

Carson was in the spotlight about a month ago - First it was his insane comments about Muslims(Muslims shouldn't be President), then it was his insane comments about guns(armed Jews would have stopped the holocaust)

The average person was horrified, the base on the other hand loved it.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 22, 2015

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

Maybe if you add up all the candidates cumulatively. I'm not sure they even have a Romney-equivalent in that whole mob.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just a reminder that Carson is going up in polling despite not actively campaigning in favor of a book tour. GOP2016.txt

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

trumps going to attack carson at the next debate and carson is going to collapse

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm kind of thinking Carson will win Iowa and of course it won't mean anything. He is a perfect fit for the Republican rubes in that state.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Subvisual Haze posted:

I think Trump has touched the Carson stove enough to know it burns. The flip side is, as utterly insane as Carson's stands are, the other candidates also know that going negative on Carson is a surefire ticket to RINO town. A scenario where Carson becomes frontrunner is one where every candidate desperately hopes that someone else will go negative on Carson but is terrified of doing it himself.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Carson is even less likely to be run as a candidate? Maybe?

He has a very good potential to be a huge gaffe machine, so I definitely wouldn't mind him as the primary winner.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
E; Doublepost

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

He has good potential to be a huge gaffe machine, so I definitely wouldn't mind him as the primary winner.

I could see him breaking down and agreeing with Hillary on stage. He wasn't even willing to condemn Trump for his insane antivax stuff.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Patter Song posted:

I think Trump has touched the Carson stove enough to know it burns. The flip side is, as utterly insane as Carson's stands are, the other candidates also know that going negative on Carson is a surefire ticket to RINO town. A scenario where Carson becomes frontrunner is one where every candidate desperately hopes that someone else will go negative on Carson but is terrified of doing it himself.

Fiorina's will do it. She's the establishment attack dog this cycle.

edit:

But yeah, attacking Carson is REALLY tricky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just a reminder that Carson is going up in polling despite not actively campaigning in favor of a book tour. GOP2016.txt

That's kind of cheating though right? A book tour checks a lot of the same boxes as campaigning. Has he still been making Fox News appearances?

• Locked thread