Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We might be fat and corrupt but we are a caiman in our natural habitat. Have scudbutt seal the lido deck and take them down one by one like the prehistoric terror we are.

We should be able to make off with a ton of skilled/valuable hostages prisoners alien guests and a doomsday device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

JO Crystal

get SuGaBA to start shooting and then sneak around murdering these aliens, Predator-style.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think beam or laser weapons will hurt us underwater. Water would scatter the beam and it would take a poo poo load more energy then a hand held weapon has to boil off the water on the libedo deck. Channel our ancestors and take them under one by one with a croc death roll.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ark support sounds good

huntergatherer
Mar 5, 2005
If anyone asks pretend to be the ship's barber.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

huntergatherer posted:

If anyone asks pretend to be the ship's barber.

They're after your ship's trilithium resin!
You've got to get to ten forward!

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 21, 2015

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Jo crystal and orgasmotron.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Obscil posted:

This then have Sugaba distract them while we go full out Predator and murder the gently caress out of them before they can open the toxic box

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Obscil posted:

Adding my vote to this and to Predator-ize these treacherous gem-faces.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah sure get the j/o crystal. Although I'm not sure I want to know how lizard men fuel such a thing, or even if they can.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm voting for taking them down with a CROC DEATH ROLL

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Let's stomp some gemheads. Update real soon.

By the way we're taking the JO crystal but we're tied between Orgasmotron and backup shield sequencer, next vote calls it.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Orgasmotron

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

done and done. update shortly.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update:

Here's the last page completed:

We get the JO Crystal and the Orgasmotron. They're both pretty handy in their own way:

Anway, we go for the stealth approach (427):

Unfortunately we're an obese, 8-foot tall lizard and we don't do stealthy all that well. We take one down and we end up in an odd battle where the Valet is heroically battling one Gemface while we're shooting at the other. We don't get the usual bonus we'd get from fighting aboard our own ship for some reason.

We take down our mark and the Valet (combat skill 4 with the Bayounet) manages to inflict a wound on his enemy before being pulverised. We wind up in a shootout with the other survivor who we gun down as well without hassle. Total energy used: 10.
:rip::rip: He was a good bird. His bloated corpse will be devoured with honor in several months' time when it is properly decomposed.

Turning to 375:

So, what next?

We'll get a new valet at the end of the system, picked randomly from the deck, including from the remaining Caimen. Unlike normal crew you don't get a redshirt in the Valet's spot, it just sits empty until you get a chance to reorganise at the end of the sector.

Here's the Starship manifest:

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 22, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Upgrade SuGaBA to the superior Windows 98 operating system. We should also respond to the radio transmission in our best female voice impersonation to try and find out what they're trying to do.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1NBpVKWh_c

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

We should also respond to the radio transmission in our best female voice impersonation to try and find out what they're trying to do.

this should work

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Suspect SuGaBa of treachery!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

the_steve posted:

Suspect SuGaBa of treachery!

This, and also search Bijoux bodies for clues, and remove their face-gems for good measure. Don't try to fake a voice on the saboteur's radio, instead click the button and mimic static with just the odd consonant to make it sound like speech transmitted with heavy interference.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This, and also search Bijoux bodies for clues, and remove their face-gems for good measure. Don't try to fake a voice on the saboteur's radio, instead click the button and mimic static with just the odd consonant to make it sound like speech transmitted with heavy interference.

Yes this.

Also, pretty sure that if we remove those gems we're ognna see sexless thresherlike creatures :( The gems are just a cover to hide their true IDs like the lil gems you can put on your pet buttholes to hide them from sigh!

Rainbow Bells
Oct 10, 2010

You Cussin' with Me?
Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal. We had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
It's time to SCREAM INCOHERENTLY

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

WhyFoxy posted:

Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal. We had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Search Bijoux bodies for clues, and remove their face-gems for good measure. Don't try to fake a voice on the saboteur's radio, instead click the button and mimic static with just the odd consonant to make it sound like speech transmitted with heavy interference.

This. Also I'm less suspicious of SuGaBa than I am of the Bijoux, they probably fed all the data into the ship to paralyze it. Issue the command override to SuGaBa to suspend current activity and resume defense operations.

huntergatherer
Mar 5, 2005
This

CaptainSarcastic posted:

and

Olothreutes posted:

This. Also I'm less suspicious of SuGaBa than I am of the Bijoux, they probably fed all the data into the ship to paralyze it. Issue the command override to SuGaBa to suspend current activity and resume defense operations.

this.

But if the command override doesn't work, waddle to Hugh Mann's Shuttle and use its separate communication system to summon our crew.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

huntergatherer posted:

But if the command override doesn't work, waddle to Hugh Mann's Shuttle and use its separate communication system to summon our crew.

Oh I like this one! But, I still say we try to put on a female voice. If nothing else maybe it will give us another death ending.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WhyFoxy posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

huntergatherer posted:

This

and

this.

follow this post and the things it quoted

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh I like this one! But, I still say we try to put on a female voice. If nothing else maybe it will give us another death ending.

We know from another CYOA that at this species are generally less rigid with gender identity, so we can act offended if challenged.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Derek Dominoe posted:

We know from another CYOA that at this species are generally less rigid with gender identity, so we can act offended if challenged.

Don't rely too heavily on what you know of the Space Tits to anticipate the Bijoux. The Bijoux predate Space Tits by almost thirty years, and identity politics were only in their infancy when this book was published. Even if Herman S. Skull were a radical progressive (which he's obviously not), he wouldn't have the cultural consciousness we have today.
I stole a lot of elements from this book, but the Bijoux may still surprise you.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going with plan huntergatherer

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Whatever plan we go with, for the love of God, use a fake female voice.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Asterios posted:

Whatever plan we go with, for the love of God, use a fake female voice.

This is the croc's normal speaking voice so this would be a pretty high falsetto. Might work?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Gilganixon posted:

This is the croc's normal speaking voice so this would be a pretty high falsetto. Might work?

YES!!!

Also, I vote that the captain growls, "Yoo-hoo, boys!" as if he's a very sexy crocodile.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I kind of want to get SuGaBA to display a big, fake, scary self-destruct countdown clock on all displays across the ship and make extremely ominous announcements every minute regarding the imminent destruction of the Supergalactic and the death of every living creature in a 5 AU radius.

Once we get it to stop crunching those numbers, I mean.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

CaptainSarcastic posted:

+1 for faceripping some face-gems. Our Caiman lust for riches knows no limits!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAbFqkvzQA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I kind of want to get SuGaBA to display a big, fake, scary self-destruct countdown clock on all displays across the ship and make extremely ominous announcements every minute regarding the imminent destruction of the Supergalactic and the death of every living creature in a 5 AU radius.

Once we get it to stop crunching those numbers, I mean.

This if we get the chance.

Use Hugh Mann's comms array.

Tear out the face gems.

• Locked thread