Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Modding cars and tracks into the game is entirely possible, it's just unlikely that the mods would be anywhere near the quality of the stock content. A lot of detail goes into these cars and tracks and it would be really hard for a modder to replicate that.

i.e. There's no way that Charger mod has any damage modeling, and is likely lacking an interior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

along with the dodge charger, someone has done a sega rally thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9NnzYq8gE

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I finally uninstalled RBR once Dirt Rally came out, but I still keep a Sega Model 2 emulator installed with Sega Rally Championship.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
1) Germany
2) Finland
3) Monte Carlo
4) Greece
---------------
gently caress Off & Die) Wales

That's my hot take on DiRT Rally.

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg
Has anyone tried playing this with the steam controller? The buttons on the back seem like they could be useful for shifting gears.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

dsriggs posted:

1) Germany
2) Finland
3) Monte Carlo
4) Greece
---------------
gently caress Off & Die) Wales

That's my hot take on DiRT Rally.

The 037 at Wales is one of the best combinations in the game. Monte Carlo is the one I always hate, the walls give you very little room for error.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Finally getting to play this game. It's fuckin' rad.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Skwee posted:

Finally getting to play this game. It's fuckin' rad.

Welcome! :) :hf: :)

Also guys, if you haven't done your Rally Greece for Dirtygoons, you have a little over a day to do it.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

After having not played dirt in a couple weeks, jumping into the e30 on greece is a rude awakening.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Jehde posted:

Actually I think the league is already full, so I'll start posting a bunch of names on the chopping block.

:siren: IF YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME IS IN THIS LIST AND YOU'D LIKE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, :justpost: (YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME SO I KNOW WHO YOU ARE) :siren:

I'm Sigma One, gonna start doing more wheel time.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Okay that post is a week old so I'm gonna go ahead and remove the names in the list that haven't been claimed. If you get removed and still want in the league, there should be room now to just join back up.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

dsriggs posted:

Welcome! :) :hf: :)

Also guys, if you haven't done your Rally Greece for Dirtygoons, you have a little over a day to do it.

How do I participate in this

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Skwee posted:

How do I participate in this

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/13996/dirtygoons

Join up then go to the league menu in game.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cool, thanks. I got 8th place so far. Holy poo poo, having never driven the 80s cars, wow i was all over the drat place. Maybe i should have turned on some assists..

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Skwee posted:

Cool, thanks. I got 8th place so far. Holy poo poo, having never driven the 80s cars, wow i was all over the drat place. Maybe i should have turned on some assists..

nooOOOOOO

I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't use any loving assists. Just slow the poo poo down and drive at a pace that lets you control the car. Then speed it up as you get comfortable and understand what the car is doing to try and kill you, and how to use it to your advantage.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

SealHammer posted:

nooOOOOOO

I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't use any loving assists. Just slow the poo poo down and drive at a pace that lets you control the car. Then speed it up as you get comfortable and understand what the car is doing to try and kill you, and how to use it to your advantage.

yeah that is what I did already. the slowing down part at least. still not exactly in total control

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Done my run of the league rally, finished in not-last place. At Greece I'll take that. Germany in the Stratos should be much more my style.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I retried my run but using manual instead of automatic (both runs had no assists unless you consider automatic an assist.) my manual run (2nd) put me in 9th where as my automatic (1st) put me in 8th. I'll probably just stick with 9th.

Also, does each split section represent a certain distance? Some stages have more and some have less, so I am wondering if it is a set distance that I could judge how long a stage may be.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I was using a 360 controller and I could not control the Cosworth worth a drat. What are some good settings for the controller?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skwee posted:

I retried my run but using manual instead of automatic (both runs had no assists unless you consider automatic an assist.) my manual run (2nd) put me in 9th where as my automatic (1st) put me in 8th. I'll probably just stick with 9th.

Also, does each split section represent a certain distance? Some stages have more and some have less, so I am wondering if it is a set distance that I could judge how long a stage may be.

Not really, but you'll know a stage length by its splits. Sprint stages have 4, full stages have 8.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was using a 360 controller and I could not control the Cosworth worth a drat. What are some good settings for the controller?

I'm using a DS3. My sensitivity is at 90 and linearity is at 0. I didn't change any of the other controller settings. Turn the assists off.

The RWDs just require a bit more finesse and it can be more difficult to achieve that using a controller.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was using a 360 controller and I could not control the Cosworth worth a drat

sounds like your settings are fine to me :thumbsup:

e: because the cosworth's default setup is literal trash, you see

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 26, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Rally Greece results:

Congrats to whoever the hell these Steam usernames represent.

Rally Germany is up now.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

dsriggs posted:

Rally Greece results:

Rally Germany is up now.

Skwee represents me

Looks like i got pushed to tenth.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Codemasters put out a survey that's mostly about the future of the Dirt series.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Wooo!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/659044689866309633/photo/1

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Did this, kinda hoping they have some way of finding and humiliating anyone who says they want gymkhana in any future Dirt games. I'm kinda hoping they start running Dirt like Forza works right now, you get Motorsport and Horizon alternating years. I'd like to see a Dirt 4 keeping the fun of that series before we get a Dirt Rally 2. That they're going out and asking about the future of Dirt though makes me happy that Dirt has a future.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

dsriggs posted:

Rally Greece results:

Rally Germany is up now.

Well that's embarrassing. Maybe this week I'll practice the tracks instead of just jumping in.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So i tried out using my g27, the force feedback is.. not giving much feedback.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

dsriggs posted:

Rally Greece results:

Rally Germany is up now.

I'm not last! (Sigma One)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I cannot handle the Stratos in the rain.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

njsykora posted:

I cannot handle the Stratos in the rain.

Yeah, it was probably a poor choice for this week, oops. There's a few REALLY fast straights that turn into decreasing radius turns and they get hairy in the rain as you struggle to slow down and keep the rear wheels behind the front wheels.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

bsamu posted:

Yeah, it was probably a poor choice for this week, oops. There's a few REALLY fast straights that turn into decreasing radius turns and they get hairy in the rain as you struggle to slow down and keep the rear wheels behind the front wheels.

Control wasn't an issue, I loaded my Germany setup preset from when I was running the Stratos in career and that setup is very not good. Like going from 1st to 5th in under 10 seconds bad. I got a couple of corners in before realising wherever I was going I was not going to get there fast in a car that topped out on revs after 100m and couldn't brake for poo poo.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
My godawful graphics card cannot handle the rain. L a g g y!

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Skwee posted:

So i tried out using my g27, the force feedback is.. not giving much feedback.

Tried using this mod? http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/impact-force-feedback.6603/

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
One thing that the survey mentioned were unique, randomly generated courses.

That with realistic physics would be amazing as DLC for DiRT Rally, or a sequel. I love learning new stuff, but I don't want it to be with an arcadey game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Dirt Rally is glorious at 60fps. Upgrade your card it is so worth it.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

Woooow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.

dsriggs posted:

If you have a crappy card make sure the weather graphics are on medium or high. For some reason the ultra low quality weather slows mine way down and it's much faster with the more detailed rain.

• Locked thread